Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 12:50 AM   #201 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefant73 View Post
Sailor Jerry, Godfather of tattooing
Rum and the man. One in the same
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 01-09-2010, 12:51 AM   #202 (permalink)

because you used DC. He has to wait for the right time.

Just had to post after I spent the last 30 minutes reading this thread. What a waste of my time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
WOW just got in and figured I'd see what was going on around here. So GMan is now a scammer ? I've had a few high dollar transactions with him that were flawless so I find this hard to believe. If he were going to scam someone why wouldn't he do it with something a lot higher then that Jennings considering some of his past sales were more then double that cards price ? Doesn't make sense.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:54 AM   #203 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
Rum and the man. One in the same
I Also have a bottle of his rum but i have not opened it
Old 01-09-2010, 12:57 AM   #204 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidelinecards View Post
because you used DC. He has to wait for the right time.

Just had to post after I spent the last 30 minutes reading this thread. What a waste of my time!
You read the whole thing ? Bless you Mike, I got some cliff notes via PM and skipped around the rest of the thread.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
Old 01-09-2010, 01:03 AM   #205 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by moestavern10 View Post
if it was me... you live in the bay, he lives in Vegas, a few hours later, you have his address, acouple of my buddies and i would make a quick visit... but thats me, dont know about you..
Internet tough guy... I am sure you would if you ever showed up at my door with a group that would be the last mistake for the group.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:04 AM   #206 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefant73 View Post
I Also have a bottle of his rum but i have not opened it
Chefy be careful with the Sailor Jerry it ain't no Captain Morgan.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:17 AM   #207 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
Internet tough guy... I am sure you would if you ever showed up at my door with a group that would be the last mistake for the group.
you wouldnt even know we were outside waiting... yeah i'm just a internet tough guy for ya... but off the net?...
Old 01-09-2010, 01:17 AM   #208 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
WOW just got in and figured I'd see what was going on around here. So GMan is now a scammer ? I've had a few high dollar transactions with him that were flawless so I find this hard to believe. If he were going to scam someone why wouldn't he do it with something a lot higher then that Jennings considering some of his past sales were more then double that cards price ? Doesn't make sense.
It was because BAW didn't ship with DC so gman thought he could take advantage of him...
Old 01-09-2010, 01:35 AM   #209 (permalink)
Tai

I'm one of the weirdos who read this whole thread since I collect cards and love this hobby. I was waiting for some concrete evidence to sway me one way or another and was hoping for a scan comparison. The two points that bother me in the scan comparison with post #172 contains differences that are slight but suggest that the two cards are not the same: On the '#', the 2nd bottom horizontal line appears thicker in Gmans scan and thinner in Bayarea's scan which if it was just the scan should not be thinner if the quality of the scan is worse. The second element is the 'g' , where the top of the loop does not extend as far upwards as Gmans's appears to extend lower than Bayarea's scan. These elements are minute but it is not impossible to believe that the cards are just similar but ultimately different(or am I just seeing things?could be). The whole trying to cover yourself by sending a fake DC to represent yourself is beyond shady and probably illegal as well. I hope that you can present a common postal receipt to make your case stronger because that is the only thing that would give your claim any credibility at all.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:43 AM   #210 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai View Post
I'm one of the weirdos who read this whole thread since I collect cards and love this hobby. I was waiting for some concrete evidence to sway me one way or another and was hoping for a scan comparison. The two points that bother me in the scan comparison with post #172 contains differences that are slight but suggest that the two cards are not the same: On the '#', the 2nd bottom horizontal line appears thicker in Gmans scan and thinner in Bayarea's scan which if it was just the scan should not be thinner if the quality of the scan is worse. The second element is the 'g' , where the top of the loop does not extend as far upwards as Gmans's appears to extend lower than Bayarea's scan. These elements are minute but it is not impossible to believe that the cards are just similar but ultimately different(or am I just seeing things?could be). The whole trying to cover yourself by sending a fake DC to represent yourself is beyond shady and probably illegal as well. I hope that you can present a common postal receipt to make your case stronger because that is the only thing that would give your claim any credibility at all.
it because on BAW scan it is more far back making seem the auto being smaller in some parts.but in Gman's scan it is more close up making the auto bigger in some parts.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:48 AM   #211 (permalink)

The only rock hard evidence we have turned up is that BAW is a complete douche and openly admitted that he also tried to scam the system by sending the David Lee card. I don't care one way or another about what Gman did. Everyone has read what is here and can make their own decision about any future deals. Why would he not ship through PP anyways? it's easier and cheaper....

PS-who is going to pick up the tab for Bibb's law advice and all the outhouse forensic scientist we had all night??
ND-I'm with you-this has GURU all over it.

RIP PAPAJIM
Old 01-09-2010, 01:58 AM   #212 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissandriver77 View Post
No ofense to this Gturd But he is so full o Shiz it is not funny .

First why would you throw your card in the rubbish since that is what this idiot (Gnub )is claiming , you obviously sent the card out he got it and claimed he did not so you lose .
People can read and see who is lying here and it does not look like you as if you would go to all this trouble to make a up a story and lose your card on top .

There are so called sharks here that prey on unsuspecting good people and to have one with so good REP is pathetic.

It is clear to see who the scammer is here and thx for the heads up because i will never purchase from this freak ever .

One thing this forum shows me that there are idiots on here that just love to lap up someone else s pain and thrive on it how pathetic .

This GNub should be lynched for his cheap actions and after a perfect record what a loser to pull something like this , did he think his rep would save him from embarrassment ?.

Maybe we should create a fund for Gnub and send him some charity , what makes me laugh is he is so cool about it you where right BayWarrior he is a slippery little snake .

The evidence is in the screen shots that card is exactly the same and if you can't see that then go get your eyes cut out as they are useless to you.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_The_Ripper View Post
BAW, did you lurk around on several of the better-known forums waiting for this card to show? If so, IMO, that isn't something a scammer would do. That is something someone who is PO'd at being scammed would do.
The answer to that would be yes. I have been looking all over ebay, HK, SCF, BO, etc and I finally found the card resurface and was stunned to see the ebay name "meta-lika" under GMan71's name on Blowout. The same person I sold the card to who claimed didn't receive it, was selling it. He lied and had received the card.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:06 AM   #213 (permalink)

BAW- maybe post some screen shots of him saying he didn't receive it.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:12 AM   #214 (permalink)

No way this makes 31 pages.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:13 AM   #215 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Cbo and I will see to it
Old 01-09-2010, 02:17 AM   #216 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Don't forget that this came out at 5:30 on a Friday evening. So, many people that haven't seen it yet will chime in tomorrow
Old 01-09-2010, 02:19 AM   #217 (permalink)

I'm on BAW's side here. Those 2 pictures are the exact same card.

I think gman is the scammer. I know he has good rep and has been in the hobby long enough. But maybe he is here long enough to know the opportunity to take advantage of careless people who doesn't use DC. $180 is not a lot to some people, but you can still do a lot with it.

And even if he did actually purchased the same card that somehow stolen in the mail at LCS, it is a stolen property and it belongs to the original "true" owner, which is BAW. Gman would be the one to suffer the loss, regardless of how he obtain the card.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:19 AM   #218 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
Cbo and I will see to it
Well good luck. It will take 90 more posts or so, give or take 5.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:21 AM   #219 (permalink)

I have done several trades/transactions with BayAreaWarrior and he is a standup guy. Don't let a few ebay feedbacks fool you. After reading all of the posts it is clear what is going on here. Gman71 took advantage of the fact that BayAreaWarrior didn't use DC.
You should be ashamed of yourself, Gman. You not only stole this kid's card but his money as well. Since you are a grown man, you should act like one. Man up, give BayAreaWarrior his money or card back, and this entire ordeal will be solved.
Also, if you really bought the card at your local cardshop then why didn't you contact BayAreaWarrior telling him that the card you were waiting on to arrive in the mail was being sold at your local shop? Your story does not add up at all. I'm Sorry.

Last edited by fiftyruss; 01-09-2010 at 02:24 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:22 AM   #220 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Don't forget that this came out at 5:30 on a Friday evening. So, many people that haven't seen it yet will chime in tomorrow
and wait for GMAN to get back on here... to stir things up, he's not just going to sit back and let this happen is he??? 40 pages min by monday 3pm!!! my guess... $5 bucks Paypal over/ under anyone?
Old 01-09-2010, 02:24 AM   #221 (permalink)

Alrighty,lots of shots later,time to do some catching up

BAW:It took you almost 15 pages to think all of a sudden you have a receipt back at your dorm?? Where was that comment oh I dunno, in the beginning??

The reason Bam has never gotten screwed in deals we made,was he bought everything FROM me,and every nickel he's paid,he's gotten every item

Nissandriver,you're a child,and your posts in this thread prove the mentality of a 5 year old

Bziddy, I think it's Col Mustard with the rope

Astroglide is on my shopping list this weekend(maybe I can scam some?)

37jetson, I think the Easter Bunny was last seen pulling a train with the tooth fairy

ChiCubs,that's some funny visual aids

Tai,yes you're a weirdo

I think that covers all that warrant a response

BAW tried to commit mail fraud,at least so it seems, and I wonder what the penalty with that might be. There sure are more than enough lawyers around this town,maybe I look into what he tried to pull on both myself and paypal
Old 01-09-2010, 02:24 AM   #222 (permalink)

& that's page #23
Old 01-09-2010, 02:25 AM   #223 (permalink)

By all that warrants a response, you mean, so that you can avoid the fact that you scammed him out of $170-300?

my bucket: photobucket.com/albums/ww33/crazybearsfan22/
Old 01-09-2010, 02:25 AM   #224 (permalink)
ND3

I feel left out
Old 01-09-2010, 02:26 AM   #225 (permalink)
ND3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybearsfan22 View Post
By all that warrants a response, you mean, so that you can avoid the fact that you scammed him out of $170-300?
Listen you little twit go raid Mommy's purse for some money so you can actually buy some cards.
Closed Thread