Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Gman71 = SCAMMER. Full Proof Inside!

First off, I want everyone to know that I have always been a fair trader on card sites under the name BayAreaWarrior. I have consulted several prominant members in the card collecting community about this situation and it's time I let the community as a whole know about what has happened.

During the last days of November I had a Brandon Jennings 2009-10 Topps McDonald's All-American Autograph listed on Ebay for $170 buy it now. This was within days of Jennings 55 point performance and his cards were extremely hot. The card was bought (stolen) on November 19th by (Gary) meta-lika (Better known as Gman71 on the BlowoutCardsForums). As always, I sent the card out immediately but made the mistake of trusting this particular buyer and sent the card without DC (Delivery Confirmation aka A Tracking Number) as I knew I had done business the right way and kept my part of the deal in sending him the card. After several days of asking him if he received it he claimed he had not, but I made sure to keep in contact with him to see if the card arrived. In the days to follow, the price of the Brandon Jennings Topps McDonalds Auto had decreased in sell value on ebay according to completed listings. It was starting to sell for around $90.00. I kept my cool and told him via eBay that I understood it was the holiday season and that shipping delays may occur. My gut feeling was that he had received but was upset that he overpaid for the card as the card had dropped in value. So I decided to offer him a refund if he sent me back the card. He responded with the following:

"Please explain how I send you back what I don't have? Simply put, the card is not here yet, no other way to put it. If you've sent it, track it, or give me or paypal shipping info and let them track it down"

He knew he was playing the game, and that paypal would believe his made-up story simply because I didn't provide a DC number. I kept asking him (Gman71 on Blowout / meta-lika on eBay) if he received the card until December 13. This was the day when paypal was set to close the dispute in the buyers favor. He would constantly say things like "Another day of mail, another day of no card. Did you actually ever send it?" I mentioned to him that every buyer that I had shipped items to that day had left positive feedback as they had received their items. Every buyer except for him.

I let another few days pass until I asked him again if he had received the card but this time he stated that "the case stays open until the 13th, if nothing arrives in the mail by then, I will leave it up to paypal to settle it." Of course he claims he called paypal and the next day they issued the dispute in his favor. That meant that he was awarded the $170.00 that he paid for the Jennings and I was left with a Paypal balance of -$170.00 and I did not have the card. Having no way to pay off this negative balance, I received 3 Non Paying Bidder alerts on Ebay and lost my account. So in total, he really robbed me of $250.00 to $300.00.

Now here is where things get very interesting. I checked the BlowoutCards – Basketball Cards – For Sale/For Trade Section on January 6th and noticed that Gman71 was selling a Brandon Jennings Topps McDonalds All America Auto for $90.00 and that it had already sold.

Here is the link to the For Sale thread: Jennings and Tyreke McDonalds autos FS

I immediately checked my scan and it was a 100% match. I even asked several other collectors and they all agreed that this is my Jennings that I sold him that he claimed he never received! I can now prove with absolute certainty that gman71 aka meta-lika on eBay has scammed me. Why he would do this to a fair trader like myself is beyond me, but this guy is nothing but a fraud (atleast in this transaction) and I thought it was in the best interest of the card collecting community to be aware of his actions.

If you want to see for yourself then here is a screenshot of Gman71's for sale thread and a picture of my Jennings card that I sold him. Exact match!

I ask you Gman71 (Gary) to do one of the following to resolve this situation:

#1. Send me the $170.00 that I should have received in this transaction.

Or

#2. Send me back the Brandon Jennings Topps McDonald’s All-American Auto.

One of these 2 options must be done because thanks to your greediness not only did I lose the $170.00, but I also lost the Jennings card. Like I said before, because my Paypal balance was (negative) -$170.00 I was unable to pay for the items that I had won for my PC. So I received 3 non paying bidders and was suspended from Ebay.

Thank you Gman71, you have made the holidays nothing but living nightmare for me. In fact, I dont even feel like collecting sports cards anymore. Thank You Very Much!
Old 01-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Old 01-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Aw hell no is right son.

You tried to scam and got tossed off ebay pulling the same nonsense

There are how many Brandon Jennings out there? That's right,many

Tell your story walking
Old 01-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Oh & what happened when you sent me nothing but a Panini David Lee with a DC# thinking that would satisfy paypal? You were denied there as well

Like I said to you from day one, you're the scammer and both ebay & paypal thought so.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hmmmmm guess someone has some explaining to do. I would personally get in touch with paypal. You can protest there decision and from looks you have the means to prove he received the item.

Just have to love those honest folks out there.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

I let my perfect feedback here,ebay,and a few other forums speak for itself

Can you? No
Old 01-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

how rare is that jennings auto anyways? :X
Old 01-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
how rare is that jennings auto anyways? :X

Eleventy billion copies
Old 01-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

I sent the David Lee base in a seperate package with DC in an attempt to show paypal that something was sent because I did indeed send the Jennings. I sent the Lee so that I would not be out both the Jennings card and the $170.00 because you knew exactly what you were doing with the dispute with Paypal when I didn't ship the Jennings with DC! All the evidence is there, the fact is you received the card. Anybody could care less about your feedback, stop making pointless excuses to make yourself feel better, you are a scammer!
Old 01-08-2010, 05:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

so ......why'd you send a $170 card without d/c again?
Old 01-08-2010, 05:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaWarrior View Post
I sent the David Lee base in a seperate package with DC in an attempt to show paypal that something was sent because I did indeed send the Jennings. I sent the Lee so that I would not be out both the Jennings card and the $170.00 because you knew exactly what you were doing with the dispute with Paypal when I didn't ship the Jennings with DC! All the evidence is there, the fact is you received the card. Anybody could care less about your feedback, stop making pointless excuses to make yourself feel better, you are a scammer!

Exactly. So you tried to scam me and tried to appease paypal by sending something with a DC# so that they would have something on file

Nice try with that scam. When the Lee came back to you,did it finally sink in that YOU were exposed as the scammer?
Old 01-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

Look at the facts, I sent the card after you paid, and you received it and claimed you didn't. You are a scammer, all the evidence is listed.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

Yawn. Like I said. You tried to pull one over. Thought you'd be clever and send something with a DC & that would be the end of it.

You failed on every level

Hmmm,so many copies of the card,which is in the one that you claim I have??

09 Topps Mcdonald's All American Auto BRANDON JENNINGS - eBay (item 330382909004 end time Jan-31-10 06:11:32 PST)
(2) BRANDON JENNINGS 2008 2009 TOPPS MCDONALDS RC AUTO - eBay (item 310189956868 end time Jan-19-10 09:39:53 PST)
09-10 Topps McDonald All American Auto Brandon Jennings - eBay (item 330392043722 end time Jan-10-10 13:05:38 PST)
2009-10 Topps Brandon Jennings RC Auto McDonald's Bucks - eBay (item 350301899934 end time Feb-05-10 11:10:57 PST)
BRANDON JENNINGS 2009-10 TOPPS MCDONALDS ON CARD AUTO - eBay (item 250557009672 end time Jan-06-10 18:00:28 PST)

Or what any of the other 11 that have ended recently??
Old 01-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

This is gonna get good. Snack time

RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 01-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Everyone, compare the cards and look at the white dot on the right side of the card near the middle. Thats the PROOF! Along with the auto, the position the auto is in. It's the exact same card. This guy is going to make endless excuses, typical of what scammers do.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

Looks pretty simple to me, BayAreaWarrior was busted trying to pull a scam. The only reason you would send a base card DC while a paypal dispute was going on, would be to attempt to pull a scam.

In all honesty BayAreaWarrior, you should feel lucky. You just attempted mail fraud and were not turned in by Gman, which was very kind of him.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #17 (permalink)

Haha Gman is a scammer thats funny. That is his card that is undeniable.

my bucket: photobucket.com/albums/ww33/crazybearsfan22/
Old 01-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #18 (permalink)

Wow,so now trying to sell non mint cards. Even better of you

Like I said, you were exposed for the scammer,by not one,but 2 places.

You keep doing what you think you know, & I'll keep doing what I know
Old 01-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaWarrior View Post
Everyone, compare the cards and look at the white dot on the right side of the card near the middle. Thats the PROOF! Along with the auto, the position the auto is in. It's the exact same card. This guy is going to make endless excuses, typical of what scammers do.

That's a good catch. I checked all the links provided and none of them have the white dot.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
Old 01-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
so ......why'd you send a $170 card without d/c again?
fer cryin' out loud, I wouldn't send a .99cent card to my Grandmother without using D/C....seriously, you sent a $170 card, at the beginning of peak Holiday season without Insurance or D/C?? I'm not making any judgements either way...buttttttt that sure "fact"ors into the facts too....this is coming from a guy who once had a seller (after I opened a PP dispute) send me an empty mailer with DC...
Old 01-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
Wow,so now trying to sell non mint cards. Even better of you

Like I said, you were exposed for the scammer,by not one,but 2 places.

You keep doing what you think you know, & I'll keep doing what I know
You think that your rep alone can get you past being a scammer?
It is obvious THAT IS HIS EXACT CARD!
It was dumb of him to send it without DC, but now that there's proof that you did get it, you should probably try to fix it to save your beloved "rep" and allow you to keep scamming people.

my bucket: photobucket.com/albums/ww33/crazybearsfan22/
Old 01-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybearsfan22 View Post
You think that your rep alone can get you past being a scammer?
It is obvious THAT IS HIS EXACT CARD!
It was dumb of him to send it without DC, but now that there's proof that you did get it, you should probably try to fix it to save your beloved "rep" and allow you to keep scamming people.

Once again. He sent me:
NOTHING
ZERO
NADA
ZIP
ZILCH
& any other word that would = nothing
Old 01-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
Once again. He sent me:
NOTHING
ZERO
NADA
ZIP
ZILCH
& any other word that would = nothing
I thought he sent you the panini David Lee?
Old 01-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsmets150 View Post
I thought he sent you the panini David Lee?

Which=Not the Brandon Jennings,or in this case,nothing
Old 01-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #25 (permalink)

People, look at the evidence, he will keep on saying he didn't receive anything, but all the proof is there. I just don't know why he keeps lying.
Closed Thread