Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbox View Post
So now we are keeping Toko and Reggie but giving up MarShon? That sucks. MarShon could break out with the Celtics.
I don't think they would want to keep MarShon (he's a great player though) when they already have Joe Johnson and now another solid SG in Jason Terry. That's my guess why
hellojeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #27 (permalink)

Its Plumlee time!! I collect baseball but will PC Plumlee and Kelly. Dukies for life.
mweber012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #28 (permalink)

sucks that Marshon is gone, but if Bogs comes over and we chase Korver, there wasn't a lot of minutes for him.
Also want your Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALVINXLIONSX81 View Post
The real winner of this deal, Jason Terry.
Why? Did he get a time machine too? Because he looked OLD last year. Not sure a new team will help that

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #30 (permalink)

Celtics also get the option of trading picks in 2017.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #31 (permalink)

This is a really interesting trade...

I dislike both teams.. but i dont know who won

One part of me says the nets r stupid because basically they gave away 3 picks for 3 guys who looked terrible

I love marshon brooks and thinks he has a high high ceiling...

But I still dont think the nets r better then the bulls pacers or heat...

It will be interesting how Jkidd manages all these players and also the minutes

As a net fan id be real excited but also as a celtics i think they got a ton of value for pretty much 3 players not making a run at any title contention...

What will happen to rondo now??

Nets fans cant not like the trade cause their not payin 80 mil in luxury lol...

IamRalpho what do you think?
jbmets95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmets95 View Post
I agree with this statement lol.

I'm wondering what will happen with this all-star starting group. It can (almost) be compared to the Lakers this past season, with Nash Bryant MWP Gasol Howard, but they had problems meshing and then got plagued with injuries of old people. Kidd could be an entirely different coach though, and might work with it better.

Wonder if it'll be the same for Nets? Come out with this huge allstar lineup, and then KG gets old, P2 is old injuries, etc lol
hellojeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #33 (permalink)

At least Paul won't have to worry about this anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyhhrB9XLV0
Old 06-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojeffy View Post
I agree with this statement lol.

I'm wondering what will happen with this all-star starting group. It can (almost) be compared to the Lakers this past season, with Nash Bryant MWP Gasol Howard, but they had problems meshing and then got plagued with injuries of old people. Kidd could be an entirely different coach though, and might work with it better.

Wonder if it'll be the same for Nets? Come out with this huge allstar lineup, and then KG gets old, P2 is old injuries, etc lol
I mean Kobe and Dwight are a bit different from this lineup. I mean, I honestly don't know how Joe Johnson is going to fit into all of this. He struggled playing with D-Will, Wallace and Lopez. How's he going to handle D-D-Will and Brook with KG and most importantly, Paul Pierce?
NJNets24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
At least Paul won't have to worry about this anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyhhrB9XLV0
Yup, Johnson will just have to worry about living up to one of the worst contracts in NBA history, no biggie

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Yup, Johnson will just have to worry about living up to one of the worst contracts in NBA history, no biggie
Eh, when you have a Russian billionaire who doesn't care about money, it's all good.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Eh, when you have a Russian billionaire who doesn't care about money, it's all good.
You guys will when the tax bill comes in and you cant make any moves in the future, but the Nets have their window, so they need to go for it in the next 2 years because after that......ugly.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmets95 View Post
Nets fan doesn't pay for the luxury tax.. why do I care?? Our zillionaire wants to win... that is the bottom line....

Ticket price will probably increase, but still will be cheaper than the Knicks and a much better team now...

As long as they follow the Spurs game plan, the "older" players should stay healthy mostly....

I don't like the fact they traded 3 picks, but that is the cost if you want to win now...
Old 06-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #39 (permalink)

to be honest i kinda think this tweet summarizes the trade...

Three first rounders for two guys who are a combined 72 years old? Great move by Danny Ainge.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #40 (permalink)

boy i'm gonna hate them as much as i hate miami
Old 06-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #41 (permalink)

clearly u dont pay the luxury tax lol...

im saying nets fans should like the trade..

i still think its a terrible trade... and kg can get rebounds cause brook wont
Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
Nets fan doesn't pay for the luxury tax.. why do I care?? Our zillionaire wants to win... that is the bottom line....

Ticket price will probably increase, but still will be cheaper than the Knicks and a much better team now...

As long as they follow the Spurs game plan, the "older" players should stay healthy mostly....

I don't like the fact they traded 3 picks, but that is the cost if you want to win now...
Old 06-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #42 (permalink)

tough job for a first time coach lol...
still will do a better job than d'antoni tho
Old 06-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #43 (permalink)

Could you imagine if it was 2008? This would be the best starting 5 ever.
Joe Johnson
Brook Lopez
DWill
Garnett
Pierce
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #44 (permalink)

Fans dont pay for the luxury tax, but them being over the cap and without picks hurts the team down the road, and that will hurt the fans.

Someone gets hurt, they can barely use anything to acquire help.

Its risky.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Fans dont pay for the luxury tax, but them being over the cap and without picks hurts the team down the road, and that will hurt the fans.

Someone gets hurt, they can barely use anything to acquire help.

Its risky.
I think the owner is too pushy on having championship within 5 years (that was his goal).

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #46 (permalink)

It is a risky trade for the Nets but really the only way they had to take advantage of the roster they had. They have 2 years to contend for a title. Without this trade they had 2 years to contend for nothing.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
It is a risky trade for the Nets but really the only way they had to take advantage of the roster they had. They have 2 years to contend for a title. Without this trade they had 2 years to contend for nothing.
I agree. Even without draft, there are players willing to go to NYC because of the location and marketing. So, they will have better chance to land FAs than bobcats (that just needs luck on draft every year)

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #48 (permalink)

i'd be happy if i was a nets fan. I think if they stay healthy they could definitely be a championship caliber team. but that's on paper...they won't be too extremely mobile, kind of like the knicks last year. some really great half court players but not many guys who like to get up and down the court. if they can all stay healthy tho i think it will work. there's too much talent in that starting line up for it not to. they're now going to be a pretty old team, and if any of the starting 5 go down they'll be in some trouble. but i would be excited as a nets fan, that starting 5 has potential to be the best starting 5 in the league. putting KG next to brook is a great move. and both of them can shoot so it gives you a lot of flexibility on offense. i love bringing in KG if im a nets fan. pierce is ehhhh for me, i wonder how well he'll work in the offense. he definitely looked old at times last year, and was very un-piercy in a lot of the celtics games i watched, especially against the knicks. but i think he might have been a little dis-interested because he knew the celts weren't championship caliber last year. maybe he gets hyped to be somewhere else and has a bounce back year. i hope not hah, but i see it as a definite possibility. they won't be lacking for late game shot makers too, obviously JJ was money last year, and pierce has been ice cold his whole career.

in summation - this trade scares the #@#@#@#@ out of me as a knicks fan to be honest. i think on paper this could put them at the top of the division, although the best player on either team is still on the bockers, and i think it will come down to it next year if both teams stay healthy, i think they'll both be in the 55-60 win territory which would be amazing for NY basketball. scary as hell, but amazing.

if this trade doesn't work out tho, its going to be a 2000's knicks situation where they are bad for at least 10 years. they have made an amazing team for the next couple years but #@#@#@#@ed themselves in the future if it doesn't work out. i mean either way they #@#@#@#@ed themselves for the future, but i'd trade 50 years of futility for ONE knicks championship. come 2015 the knicks and the nets will both be trash lol, but for the next few years, NYC will be one of the elite basketball cities, and i'm ok with that. it's been way too long. NYC is a basketball TOWN. blacktops on every corner, thats what we do. it's been way too long. even if it is BK. should be a fun couple of years.
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #49 (permalink)

They gave away three first round picks that will likely be in the 22-30 range. These are picks that can be had year in and year out for CASH, which the Nets happen to have a great deal of. These picks are rather meaningless in the long run. If they want a late first round pick in any of those seasons, they can certainly buy one for $3 million.

As far as the luxury tax bill concerns? Prokhorov does not care what the luxury tax bill is. He made these trades/signings knowing full well how much it would cost them and the franchise, he's not going to be shocked when the bill comes and cut spending. His original investment in the team is already worth 2-3 times what he paid!

Also, by trading Gerald Wallace, they actually reduced their cap number in 2015.

PC guys: Nets, Wall, Love, Kyrie
NetsBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #50 (permalink)

A lot of things can change, expecting a pick to be in the late 20's doesnt always mean it will happen.

You got a lot of veterans on that team, one injury and pick that you thought was 26 could turn into 16 in a hurry