Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
jbarnett83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
Kevin Durant shoots alot of free throws too, whats your point? He won a championship with an Old Shaq
You are oblivious and not worth arguing with
__________________
___________________________________________________________________________


I collect Steve Nash and other high end RCs and AUTOS of various players/HOFers
http://s767.photobucket.com/user/jbarnett83/library/?sort=3&page=0
jbarnett83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarnett83 View Post
You are oblivious and not worth arguing with
Yesterday Dwade scores 16 pts 5 asists 4 steals in 33 minutes. Right now he is the Finals MVP so far for miami. Lebron has been horrific. Dwade isnt even trying and he plays better
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
tristan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,845
Send a message via MSN to tristan20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
Yesterday Dwade scores 16 pts 5 asists 4 steals in 33 minutes. Right now he is the Finals MVP so far.
Yeah no doubt, give him the ring now. He carried the Heat all season long. Should have been league MVP also, DPOY, All Star MVP.

Anything else we should add?
__________________
!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
jbarnett83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
Yesterday Dwade scores 16 pts 5 asists 4 steals in 33 minutes. Right now he is the Finals MVP so far for miami. Lebron has been horrific. Dwade isnt even trying and he plays better
So your saying the mvp of Miami should go to someone who is not trying Your points are terrible \thread
__________________
___________________________________________________________________________


I collect Steve Nash and other high end RCs and AUTOS of various players/HOFers
http://s767.photobucket.com/user/jbarnett83/library/?sort=3&page=0
jbarnett83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,270
Default

No way Wade is the finals MVP as of now. Danny Green has played better then him and his team is up 2-1 thus far. Never thought I would say Danny Green could be a finals MVP.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarnett83 View Post
So your saying the mvp of Miami should go to someone who is not trying Your points are terrible \thread
They wont win, ever again. Lebrons legacy is already over. Lebron wont ever win a ring again without Wade.... Its over. 5-6-7 rings, is all bs. Lebron will be horrible once he hits 32 years old. His game depends too much on athleticism, size, and speed not enough talent
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
No way Wade is the finals MVP as of now. Danny Green has played better then him and his team is up 2-1 thus far. Never thought I would say Danny Green could be a finals MVP.
Read it again. It says for Miami...
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Lebron can do no wrong.

If Miami loses its because Lebrons team mates failed him. Not because Lebron himself failed.

If Miami wins, its because Lebroney did it all himself and carried his team. Not because his team carried him.

Putting any blame on Lebroney is against the rules around here.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theautographkid View Post
Read it again. It says for Miami...
Why would Miami have a finals MVP when they are behind in the series... Lebron has played better then Wade for the series as well..
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #35 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 18,826
Default

Shouldn't OP be banned for linking a Bleacher Report "article". Good God the knuckledraggers at Beckett have more integrity that anyone at Bleacher Report.
__________________
Thin skinned megalomaniacs shouldn't post on message boards.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Lebron can do no wrong.

If Miami loses its because Lebrons team mates failed him. Not because Lebron himself failed.

If Miami wins, its because Lebroney did it all himself and carried his team. Not because his team carried him.

Putting any blame on Lebroney is against the rules around here.
Prove it. You make a statement now show me where this has happened.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 5,363
Default

The Spurs hitting 16 3's didn't do anything to help them win. Must be Wade not trying. He's gotten worse and Bosh isn't making shots. Lebron needs to step it up as well. As a team Miami is not playing well.
Zacy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 2,425
Default

I am one of the biggest Wade fans out there. I watch the Heat because of him. If he's not playing, I don't watch. I have watched the Heat since 2003 through the ups and downs. I think the OP is onto something. Although I wouldn't quite say Wade doesn't care, he may be tired of not getting any of the glory. Sure, he knew his points per game would go down, but he still thought it would be the Lebron and Wade show, not the Lebron show. Wade does all the little things like the OP said and gets no love. He is by far one of the smartest players on the court and whenever he starts making a couple shots and getting in a groove, Lebron gets worried and wants to jump in. And Wade is def hurt. What he used to do the whole games he is only doing for 2 quarters... whether its the 1st and 2nd, or 2nd and 4th, it seems like he doesn't have enough to go all out for 4 quarters.

Also, Wade had a bad rep a couple years ago for flopping. He now gets absolutely no calls whatsoever. The refs treat him terribly for how good he is. On the other side, Lebron gets touched and its a foul. Lebron blocks someone, its clean. Wade does that and they blow the quick whistle. I think this also gets into Wades head. He didn't expect the treatment from the refs to change so drastically once Lebron came and he doesn't like seeing Lebron get those calls and him not. That could be contributing to the "wade doesn't care" thing the OP is talking about. The refs don't reward him anymore for attacking the rim and drawing some contact so when he drives now he simply finds open guys to pass to...

3rdly- not related to Wade. I think Bosh has to go for the Heat to have a chance to win it all again in the future. He takes too many shots on a team stacked with shooters and with Wade and Lebron. Not only that, he doesn't rebound, block many shots, celebrates like a little girl when he makes one good play, and spends half the night sitting on the 3 point like waiting to shoot up a brick. Don't get me wrong, Bosh is an alright player. On any other team he could be a great 2nd player, but you cannot build a team around him and in no way shape or form should he be getting paid close to max money. If the Heat got a big true center that could D up and another solid bench player with the $$ they are paying Bosh, they would be that much better.
__________________
Always Looking for D-Wade and LeBron.
joe31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: OC 2 Honolulu
Posts: 1,539
Default

Real reason? San Antonio Spurs. They are playing some f'n great basketball.
__________________
Looking for Rare & High End cards of -
Al Horford / Alec Burks
leeex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
jbmets95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 7,097
Default

I dont think this is that bad of a reason to b completely honest.....
__________________
http://s897.photobucket.com/albums/ac172/jbmets95/
Iman Shumpert PC --> METS Prospects --> ZWheeler, KPlawecki, DHerrera,
Football --> Ladarius Green, Christine Michael, Lamar Miller, Montee Ball, Levine Toililo, Isaiah Crowell
jbmets95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Wade has been bad. That is a huge reason Miami is struggling.
Is it because he doesn't care? Probably not. I think it's the knee injury and he has just gotten worse faster then people expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Wade can only play 2 quarters, thats the problem. He plays two quarters for the Heat and the other two quarters for the SPurs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Prove it. You make a statement now show me where this has happened.
Two comments made in this thread about Heats losing to the Spurs in the Finals. Nope cant be lebron. Its always someone elses fault!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
skycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 899
Default

Miami is not losing yet! the Finals is not over until its over.
I think Miami is a team that play very inconsistant. Sometime they show up and play like they don't have weakness, but at times they show they can lose to the worst team in the league.
skycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
Why would you work harder to be someones sidekick when you used to be better than them? Doesnt make sense to me. Also people never do things for Ego, or their legacy.... I mean people dont care about how they will be remembered... What an insane thought!

If a coworker is hired who knows more and produces more than you will you completely stop trying? Seems like a lousy show of personal drive to me.
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
If a coworker is hired who knows more and produces more than you will you completely stop trying? Seems like a lousy show of personal drive to me.
Horrible analogy, and equally flawed logic. Its more like this:

if your boss gives you and your work partner a task to complete, and no matter how hard you work, your partner gets the promotion and increase in salary if you guys do well. Would you give that job your 110%?
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Kingofkings1281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,076
Default

I don't even know why people people responded to this thread. Look at the OP track record on here. 98% of his posts are trolling LeBron and Heat fans with such gems as "LeChoke is on the way", and "LeBrick is going to cry".
__________________
Always looking for Vince Carter and Tom Brady.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofkings1281 View Post
I don't even know why people people responded to this thread. Look at the OP track record on here. 98% of his posts are trolling LeBron and Heat fans with such gems as "LeChoke is on the way", and "LeBrick is going to cry".
SO what? Everyone has a favorite player and a player they dislike the most. My favorite player is Wade since his Marquette days, and Lebron is on the other end of the spectrum. I dont like how Wade was always overshadowed by Lebron for no reason by the league. Also the way Lebron left Cleveland was not classy. I didnt like the way Miami was put together(a team of allstars) Lebron has a lot to prove in my book to be considered a top ten player of all time like people say...
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alaska
Posts: 2,855
Default

Oh ya and lets not forget they don't pay NBA players in anything but free rent and peanuts.
Sponsors also don't pay players anything. The players just really like their products.
I bet Dwade still has his SK3
__________________
The righteous pay a sacrifice to get what they deserve.

Last edited by thor_rider08; 08-01-2014 at 10:02 AM.
thor_rider08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
Horrible analogy, and equally flawed logic. Its more like this:

if your boss gives you and your work partner a task to complete, and no matter how hard you work, your partner gets the promotion and increase in salary if you guys do well. Would you give that job your 110%?
I have integrity and take pride in providing a quality service. I might hold internal resentment, but I wouldn't allow it to impact my product.

Wade signed his contract and knows what is expected of him.
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
Kosmo Kards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Passed out in the Circus Liquor parking lot!!!!
Posts: 2,061
Default

D Wade knew than when the Heat signed LeBron and Bosh that LeBron would be the #1 option and he would be the #2 option. He didn't seem to mind then. The Heat are down because as a team they haven't play well, LeBron included. Its not over for the Heat yet though, but they have to win game 4 tomorrow night.
__________________
The internet isn't for me.
Kosmo Kards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
DukeU4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 425
Default

This thread is dumb, as shown by tonight. Real kryptonite for the Heat is Mario Chalmers. He sucks.
__________________
Bucket: http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/DukeU4/library/?page=1
DukeU4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.