Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 690
Default The real reason Miami is losing

The reason Miami is losing is because Dwade doesnt care like he used to. If he wins another ring, the media will give all credit to "King" James... and that makes Dwade look like a glorified sidekick. I mean in last years playoffs Dwade killed it, but no one mentioned him even once. His clutch steals, shots, etc, it was all overlooked because NBA wants Lebron to be the Hero... Lebron Lebron Lebron... It just makes Wade look like more of a whimp. Anyone that has played basketball knows Miami wouldnt have stood a chance last year if Wade didnt hussle the way he did.

He was THE MAN back when Miami won in 2006, rightfully so. He is used to being THE MAN. Winning rings for wade actually makes him look worse in the overall picture of his NBA Career. No one remembers scotty pippen. No one remembers the glorified sidekick. If Miami loses people will blame Lebron and his greatness will be questioned, and Wade has an excuse that he is "old". I mean the man already won 2 rings. Wade DOesnt need to prove anything, or be anyones biznach. THere really is no incentive for Dwade to even try.
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 19,063
Default

I'm sure that's the reason....said NOBODY but OP.

I think it's because Justin Beiber was courtside last week. More believable than OP.
__________________
Thin skinned megalomaniacs shouldn't post on message boards.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
The reason Miami is losing is because Dwade doesnt care like he used to. If he wins another ring, the media will give all credit to "King" James... and that makes Dwade look like a glorified sidekick. I mean in last years playoffs Dwade killed it, but no one mentioned him even once. His clutch steals, shots, etc, it was all overlooked because NBA wants Lebron to be the Hero... Lebron Lebron Lebron... It just makes Wade look like more of a whimp. Anyone that has played basketball knows Miami wouldnt have stood a chance last year if Wade didnt hussle the way he did.

He was THE MAN back when Miami won in 2006, rightfully so. He is used to being THE MAN. Winning rings for wade actually makes him look worse in the overall picture of his NBA Career. No one remembers scotty pippen. No one remembers the glorified sidekick. If Miami loses people will blame Lebron and his greatness will be questioned, and Wade has an excuse that he is "old". I mean the man already won 2 rings. Wade DOesnt need to prove anything, or be anyones biznach. THere really is no incentive for Dwade to even try.
Coming from the guy that said LeBron is a hobby bust
Wade has been playing with an injured knee for most of the playoffs.
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Sikkcaden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Erie,Pa
Posts: 6,286
Default

Theres no incentive outside of legacy and being the scapegoat for the loss....also competitive drive, pride and ego would have to be completely pushed to the side. Very likely.
__________________
ORLANDO JOHNSON/PAUL GEORGE/Albert Belle and many more! Pacers/Dolphins!
My bucket! http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/sikkcaden/library/
Twitter: @SikkCaden
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Wade has been bad. That is a huge reason Miami is struggling.

Is it because he doesn't care? Probably not. I think it's the knee injury and he has just gotten worse faster then people expected.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Real reason is because the Spurs are a well oiled machine that know how to control the game.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 690
Default

Why would you work harder to be someones sidekick when you used to be better than them? Doesnt make sense to me. Also people never do things for Ego, or their legacy.... I mean people dont care about how they will be remembered... What an insane thought!
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Wade has been bad. That is a huge reason Miami is struggling.

Is it because he doesn't care? Probably not. I think it's the knee injury and he has just gotten worse faster then people expected.
Hes only 32. All he has to do is get out of the gym an hour earlier each day, and nature will make him far worse faster... Its not that hard to see he doesnt give a fark as much as he used to.. This guy used to avg like 33ppg in playoff games only 3 years ago shooting 56% from the Floor...
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Sikkcaden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Erie,Pa
Posts: 6,286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
Why would you work harder to be someones sidekick when you used to be better than them? Doesnt make sense to me. Also people never do things for Ego, or their legacy.... I mean people dont care about how they will be remembered... What an insane thought!


You do realize that he will be blamed the most if they lose, right?
__________________
ORLANDO JOHNSON/PAUL GEORGE/Albert Belle and many more! Pacers/Dolphins!
My bucket! http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/sikkcaden/library/
Twitter: @SikkCaden
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post


You do realize that he will be blamed the most if they lose, right?
Haha no he won't. Who are you kidding
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 690
Default

Wade career playoff average was 25.8PPG... This year: 14.2

How is this possible? Its nearly a 10ppg drop in 1 year!!! To me. That means he doesnt care. simple.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dwyane...eer_stats.html

The numbers speak for themselves

Last edited by SocraticGoat777; 06-12-2013 at 02:43 PM.
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Sikkcaden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Erie,Pa
Posts: 6,286
Default

Ok, we are being trolled.

Everyone return to your normal activities.
__________________
ORLANDO JOHNSON/PAUL GEORGE/Albert Belle and many more! Pacers/Dolphins!
My bucket! http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/sikkcaden/library/
Twitter: @SikkCaden
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
ohiomike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 3,987
Default

"It makes sense that Wade can't play hard if he isn't getting constant appreciation and national spotlight for his play. I mean in college, he DID choose to play for perennial national powerhouse THE Marquette Warriors!"

-Signed Willie Wampum, circa late 1970's
__________________
Find me at SPORTLOTS.COM - OHIOMIKE
Domestic orders over 50 cards ship ABSOLUTELY FREE with me, copy and paste this URL:

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Haha no he won't. Who are you kidding
Exactly. People will say oh, Wade is old... Lebron cant win without Wade. Sort of like when SHaq used to say Kobe cant win without him...
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
tristan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,029
Send a message via MSN to tristan20
Default

Wade can only play 2 quarters, thats the problem. He plays two quarters for the Heat and the other two quarters for the SPurs.
__________________
!

ALBUM http://www.finalsmvp.com/
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
sals_cardz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 12th man, washington state
Posts: 2,779
Default

i vote worst thread

so basically

/thread
sals_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
bigcwd2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 4,988
Default

It is surprising to see Wade struggling this badly. He averaged 26.5ppg in the 2011 Finals 22.6ppg in last years Finals and just 14.2ppg in this years Finals. I've heard about his knee issues so maybe it really is limiting him.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Jin
Member
 
Jin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: University of Illinois @ Urbana
Posts: 3,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sals_cardz View Post
i vote worst thread

so basically

/thread

THIS. Dumbest thread I have ever read. Wade doesn't care? lol how stupid...
__________________
JINSUNITED

TAKE A PEEK ~ I COLLECT STAR PATCHES AND AUTOS
http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n577/JinsUnited/Basketball%20Collection/
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcwd2000 View Post
It is surprising to see Wade struggling this badly. He averaged 26.5ppg in the 2011 Finals 22.6ppg in last years Finals and just 14.2ppg in this years Finals. I've heard about his knee issues so maybe it really is limiting him.
His Season average is 21.2ppg. If you notice, his playoff Averages are always higher than his Season averages. This year is an outlier. What Knee??? He was playing amazing in the 27 game win streak(that he got zero credit for). I would be pissed too if I were him with Lebrick getting all cred
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 853
Default

I think SOME credit has to go the the Spurs, don't you? There is a reason Pop has been to the finals 5 times in the last 15 years. I hate him, only because he doesn't coach my favorite team though, lol.

We can't tell what's going on inside Wade's head, I think it's a bit of a reach IMO.
hychang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Wade can only play 2 quarters, thats the problem. He plays two quarters for the Heat and the other two quarters for the SPurs.
Haha this made me lol.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
jbarnett83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post

He was THE MAN back when Miami won in 2006, rightfully so. He is used to being THE MAN.
I think Wade is good but extremely overrated. You do realize he alone shot more freethrows in the '06 finals series than the entire Mavericks team right? The championship was given to him even though Dallas deserved it
__________________
___________________________________________________________________________


I collect Steve Nash and other high end RCs and AUTOS of various players/HOFers
http://s767.photobucket.com/user/jbarnett83/library/?sort=3&page=0
jbarnett83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarnett83 View Post
I think Wade is good but extremely overrated. You do realize he alone shot more freethrows in the '06 finals series than the entire Mavericks team right? The championship was given to him even though Dallas deserved it
How Dwyane Wade Has Become Underrated | Bleacher Report

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Ul3NP6tKQ Wade is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPVzvf3nPxQ The clinic by Wade...


Dont ever say Wade was overrated. He was underrated his entire career.

Last edited by SocraticGoat777; 06-12-2013 at 03:21 PM.
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
jbarnett83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
How Dwyane Wade Has Become Underrated | Bleacher Report

Dwyane Wade - 2006 NBA Finals - YouTube Wade is amazing.

Dwyane Wade: "The Clinic" - YouTube The clinic by Wade...


Dont ever say Wade was overrated. He was underrated his entire career.
Yes 97 free throws in six games is amazing
__________________
___________________________________________________________________________


I collect Steve Nash and other high end RCs and AUTOS of various players/HOFers
http://s767.photobucket.com/user/jbarnett83/library/?sort=3&page=0
jbarnett83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarnett83 View Post
Yes 97 free throws in six games is amazing
Kevin Durant shoots alot of free throws too, whats your point? He won a championship with an Old Shaq
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.