Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default International Registered Mail

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right section.

I bought a lot from a member here and was shipped promptly on May 14th from Hong Kong via registered mail. Left Hong Kong on May 17th and last info on tracking says that it was processed through USPS sort facility in Jamaica, NY on May 21st.

My local PO says I just have to be patient, which I have been so far. Just wanted to bring this up here to see if anybody has any insight or maybe even had past experiences that are similar. Any input would be appreciated

http://s1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh592/chazz3218/
Chazz3218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Tell me about it. I had a package from hk arrive to Bethpage ny on the 7th and I am yet to get an update
XARZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz3218 View Post
Hopefully I'm posting this in the right section.

I bought a lot from a member here and was shipped promptly on May 14th from Hong Kong via registered mail. Left Hong Kong on May 17th and last info on tracking says that it was processed through USPS sort facility in Jamaica, NY on May 21st.

My local PO says I just have to be patient, which I have been so far. Just wanted to bring this up here to see if anybody has any insight or maybe even had past experiences that are similar. Any input would be appreciated
Sorry to hear about that....I have shipped registered international many times and only once had a problem. Unfortunately, the one problem I had sounds similar to yours. Tracking said it was processed and left sort facility but as soon as it shipped overseas it was never updated. Still angry about losing the $300 card but learned my lesson. After that I only ship international high end items with tracking & insurance........I hope your case turns out differently but registered usually takes about 7-10 days delivery

I collect Steve Nash and other high end RCs and AUTOS of various players/HOFers
http://s767.photobucket.com/user/jbarnett83/library/?sort=3&page=0
jbarnett83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Registered is the biggest scam.

Tracking rarely gets updated, I have lost cards via registered more than any other service.

AVOID IT!

ALBUM http://www.finalsmvp.com/
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post

Tracking rarely gets updated, I have lost cards via registered more than any other service.

AVOID IT!
So what is the best/safest ways to ship internationally?

I have a member in Canada on eBay who wants to buy an item for $100. He has over one thousand ratings, and has bought from the US before, so I'm not terribly worried, but just want to be safe.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

Express mail or Priority, there is no best way. But Registered is the worst way I can assure you. It takes forever and chances of getting lost is very high. Also the tracking almost never gets updated, so its easy to get scammed.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Express mail or Priority, there is no best way. But Registered is the worst way I can assure you. It takes forever and chances of getting lost is very high. Also the tracking almost never gets updated, so its easy to get scammed.
And how much would both of those services cost me? I can never find this info online. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:45 AM   #8 (permalink)

Postage Price Calculator

Old 06-13-2013, 12:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:

AVOID IT!
Was talking to a PO employee today about this very thing...

He couldn't tell me much of anything about how mail is handled overseas...I know that the Country is in all CAPS on the bottom...then the numbers (like a zipcode) is then used to get it in the appropriate region (state like area I guess) then it sits in that area till the buyer travels to a location where they keep the packages or it gets a little closer to them if they can read the address written on it.

I remember a lotta people would have to go to customs (wherever the hell they would be around them or whatever) and they would have to claim their packages there.

The whole thing seems very confusing....
jjjackson32977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

it'll usually cost you upwards of $6-12 to ship with the customs form..then typically 12.75 to register it or whatever

You could be looking at paying upwards of $25 to be 90 percent sure it'll get there
jjjackson32977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:59 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
We don't have these options to ship from Aus to the US. We only have International registered. It has always worked for me in the past.

There is no tracking on the Aus post website, but once it is signed in by USPS it is always updated. The only issue I have is twice I have paid extra for DC which is a separate card that gets signed by the receiver then USPS are supposed to mail it back to me, but both times I have never received the card, even thought the receiver did get the package!
drob50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:43 AM   #12 (permalink)

Seller has been great so far so hopefully it still turns out ok for both of us. It's a little disheartening that it's been stateside for 23 days and still nothing. My local PO does say that it can take 4-6 weeks for it to arrive so I'm still thinking positively. Thanks guys for all the input.

http://s1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh592/chazz3218/
Chazz3218 is offline   Reply With Quote