Blowout Cards Forums
Shop OneStopFanShop.com Today!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Will Anyone Waste Their Money on 2013-14 Basketball Product?

I'm sure a lot of you will waste your money but why would you do that when the 2012-13 basketball product has 2 ROOKIE classes, both of which are better than this class. I'm going to milk the 2012-13 product for as long as I can. You can keep the upcoming seasons products.
My prices are OBO. If it's less on ebay then buy it there.
DanONeill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

I will continue to pick up Allen Iverson stuff
Nyfancam01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm an IP auto collector so I wil buy the low end products. Hopefully panini will not overcharge for them.
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

I can rly not afford products normally, but for the new class unless something intense goes on, I will probably just try to pick up singles of anyone in new jerseys and whatnot for PC.
hellojeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Well off the rip Bennett, Noel, McLemore, Burke, Oladipo and Porter I think will sell well and right there is 6. How many guys from the "historic double rookie class" sell well? Maybe 10, but its littered with crap d league rookies and such, I will much rather take my chances on next years products to hit a big name rookie than this years. Its simple math really, 66 rookie possibilities versus maybe 35.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440shane View Post
Well off the rip Bennett, Noel, McLemore, Burke, Oladipo and Porter I think will sell well and right there is 6. How many guys from the "historic double rookie class" sell well? Maybe 10, but its littered with crap d league rookies and such, I will much rather take my chances on next years products to hit a big name rookie than this years. Its simple math really, 66 rookie possibilities versus maybe 35.
so a 17% chance vs a 15% is much better in your opinion.

Dont see it there--->I want it!!!
crimedawg47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

I wouldn't mind to open some boxes at discounted price if there is no hype on any of this year RCs.

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimedawg47 View Post
so a 17% chance vs a 15% is much better in your opinion.
Yes it is. Take Contenders for example which has always been 4 (usually) rookie autos per box. Don't you like your chances better when there is only 35 possible names vs 66?
Old 06-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Off the rip Kyrie and Lillard are on a whole other level than anyone in this draft.

Davis is not at Kyrie's level but he is also MUCH higher.

Kawhi, Faried, Klay, Drummond, MKG, Barnes, Beal are the next tier.

Last tier - All players that are collectible.

Kemba, Tobias, Kanter, Jonas, Thompson, Williams, Knight, Vucevic, Shumpert, Chandler Parsons, Donatas Motiejūnas, Reggie Jackson, Jimmy Butler, Isiah Thomas, Norris Cole, Jimmer, Marshon, Waiters, Robinson, Rivers, Sullinger, Lamb, Fournier, Jones, and Harkless.

So by my count their are 2 very high end rookies
1 right below that
7 on the 3rd tier
25 on the last tier that are all more collectible than every player in this draft with the exception of 3 or 4 players.

So based on what you said their are 10 in this class and 35 in the double class. Good point bro.

2014 will be great but 2013 is total garbage. If you're busting cases you're dumb.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanONeill7 View Post
Off the rip Kyrie and Lillard are on a whole other level than anyone in this draft.

Kemba, Tobias, Kanter, Jonas, Thompson, Williams, Knight, Vucevic, Shumpert, Chandler Parsons, Donatas Motiejūnas, Reggie Jackson, Jimmy Butler, Isiah Thomas, Norris Cole, Jimmer, Marshon, Waiters, Robinson, Rivers, Sullinger, Lamb, Fournier, Jones, and Harkless.

1 right below that
7 on the 3rd tier
25 on the last tier that are all more collectible than every player in this draft with the exception of 3 or 4 players.

So based on what you said their are 10 in this class and 35 in the double class. Good point bro.

2014 will be great but 2013 is total garbage. If you're busting cases you're dumb.
Ok bro. You're also basing Kyrie sales off of 2 years of him playing. I said maybe 6 in this draft and maybe 10 in the double. Please read what I said, not what you wanted it to say. You are stating YOUR opinion and I stated MINE. Please don't call me dumb just because we disagree on something.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfancam01 View Post
I will continue to pick up Allen Iverson stuff
Does he have stuff in 2013-14? Thought this thread was about next years products?
Old 06-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok bro. You're also basing Kyrie sales off of 2 years of him playing. I said maybe 6 in this draft and maybe 10 in the double. Please read what I said, not what you wanted it to say. You are stating YOUR opinion and I stated MINE. Please don't call me dumb just because we disagree on something.
I did read what you said. You said 6 players will sell well from the 2013 draft. You went on to say that maybe 10 from the double class sell well which is wrong. There aren't maybe 10 that sell well there are around 25 that sell very well and 10 others that are selling better than most that will sell from this draft. Where in the post did I call you dumb. You're wrong but that doesn't make you dumb.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:

1 right below that
7 on the 3rd tier

He didnt't call you dumb, read the bold.
lukeouh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

You said "if you're busting cases you're dumb". I thought that was directed at me. I agree with first 10 guys you listed including Kemba but I disagree about everyone else listed in that tier has selling better than the 6 guys I listed. Tobias blew up at the end of the season, if he plays well next year his prices will rise again, they have already tailed off significantly from where they were.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

This thread has been productive....
Old 06-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

I don't see how Norris Cole, Donatas Motiejūnas, Reggie Jackson, Isiah Thomas, Norris Cole, Jimmer, Marshon, Waiters, Robinson, Rivers, Sullinger, Lamb, Fournier, Joneswould sell better than this year top 6 RCs. Stat-wise, Rivers is one of the worst.

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
Old 06-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

idk this years product wasn't so great minus prizm type stuff and whats good every other year... and there is way too much of it, so yea, i'm gonna hope so guys as better than advertised and buy 13-14.
Baseball for sale http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball-singles-buy-sell-trade/764943-fs-end-summer-sale-chrome-prospects-autos-color.html 13-14 NT FOR SALE http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball-singles-buy-sell-trade/763130-fs-my-nt-2-box-break-sale-thread.html
dasiegel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #18 (permalink)

All i know is that i will be going after the Sixers rookies i bust boxes for fun. so double class of rookies, one class of rookies or classless rookies - i do not care.
Rabie1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #19 (permalink)

I will be buying Tony Mitchell,
Old 06-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
I don't see how Norris Cole, Donatas Motiejūnas, Reggie Jackson, Isiah Thomas, Norris Cole, Jimmer, Marshon, Waiters, Robinson, Rivers, Sullinger, Lamb, Fournier, Joneswould sell better than this year top 6 RCs. Stat-wise, Rivers is one of the worst.
I said " and 10 others that are selling better than most that will sell from this draft." Meaning all of those players will sell better than the top 5 or 6 players from this draft. You need to take into consideration that these player will improve their games and the value of their cards will most likely increase.

Sullinger, Lamb, Fournier, Waiters will sell better than pretty much every player with the exception of 4 or 5 guys from the draft.

Guys like Alex Len will sell well initially but do you honestly think he will sell better than Jared Sullinger who will be a starter on the Celtics? Not happening.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
I said " and 10 others that are selling better than most that will sell from this draft." Meaning all of those players will sell better than the top 5 or 6 players from this draft. You need to take into consideration that these player will improve their games and the value of their cards will most likely increase.

Sullinger, Lamb, Fournier, Waiters will sell better than pretty much every player with the exception of 4 or 5 guys from the draft.

Guys like Alex Len will sell well initially but do you honestly think he will sell better than Jared Sullinger who will be a starter on the Celtics? Not happening.
Funny how you would bring only upside of 11-12 an 12-13 RCs while downside 13-14 RCs. At least for me, I still have not watched one NBA game from these 13-14 RCs. I can't talk if Alex Len will sell better than some late 1st round RC in 11-12 or 12-13.

I just know that, some of your "collectible" player autos are selling at $2. And I seriously think it is not that hard to beat that $2 mark with this year top 6.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:

2012 13 Panini Select Jared Sullinger RC Auto Jersey 89 199 SP Autograph | eBay

Jared Sullinger 2012 13 Panini Brilliance Brilliant Beginning Celtics RC Auto SP | eBay

yeah...look at that Sullinger...big $$$ right der

Lamb you say?

12 13 Preferred Choice 515 Doron Lamb Rookie Autograph Auto Card Silver 12 25 | eBay

2013 Preferred Doron Lamb Rookie Jersey Silhouette Auto Ed 99 | eBay

yeah buddy!

hmm...Fournier?

2012 13 Panini Brilliance Evan Fournier Brilliant Beginnings Autograph Card | eBay

2012 13 Panini Crusade Basketball Quest Auto Evan Fournier RC Nuggets Autograph | eBay

keep goin your on a roll!!
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #23 (permalink)

Terrible class, double rookie class, i honestly stoped collecting basketball because of this, strickly football for me
Boston Redsox
bbplaya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #24 (permalink)

Lol Jeremy Lamb not Doron Lamb.

I guess $200+ for a Sullinger is chump change for a guy that missed half the year for back surgery and was picked after the lottery.

2012 2013 Panini Prizm Jared Sullinger Gold Ref Jersey Number 7 10 BGS 9 5 10 | eBay

2012 13 Panini Preferred Jared Sullinger RC Prime Silhouettes Patch Auto 20 25 | eBay

2012 13 Panini Preferred Gold Choice Award Jared Sullinger RC Auto 07 10 1 1 | eBay

I mean $50 for a patch card is nothing for Fournier who barely played all year and tore it up at the end of the year. Oh ya and Iggy opted out guess his stuff is on the down swing.

2012 13 12 13 Panini Crusade Evan Fournier RC Gold Quest Jumbo Patch 01 25 4COL | eBay

2012 13 Panini Preferred Silhouettes Prime Patch RC Auto Evan Fournier 2 25 | eBay

The fact you thought I met Doron Lamb instead of Jeremy Lamb just shows who is bringing up these numbers.

2012 13 Panini Prizm BGS 9 5 13 15 Jeremy Lamb Autograph Prizm Auto Pop 1 90 | eBay

It's alright though go buy some Tim Hardaway jr. rookies (who is older than Jeremy Lamb) and we will see who is worth more by the end of the year.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #25 (permalink)

Also Ken Faried a late round rookie from 11-12 isn't too shabby. I guess Chandler Parsons and Isiaha Thomas from round 2 are bums. Iman Shumpert is worthless even though JR Smith is off the team and he will get huge minutes. Read up bro.