Blowout Cards Forums
Shop for NFL Draft Class of 2014 Nike Jerseys and New Era Draft Caps at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Pat3ntP3nd1ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,682
Default FYI about eBay change

Not sure if this has been for a while or it just happened but I can now see the number of watchers for other individuals auctions. IMO it is a nice addition, now if they can just lower their astronomical fees
__________________
asheer.net -- Commerce Enabled
Pat3ntP3nd1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
greetl01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 766
Default

maaaan those fees. now you get fees if you cancel early and IF YOU HAVE A RESERVE! REALLY???? ridiculous. i just paid $70 in ebay fees. then they send you over to paypal to screw you with no lube some more. friggin crooks
__________________
My Paul George Collection
http://www.paulgeorgecollector.com/paul-george-basketball-collection/
greetl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Pat3ntP3nd1ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,682
Default

Yeah I hear you, it can be up to 13% or even more sometimes between eBay and Paypal.
__________________
asheer.net -- Commerce Enabled
Pat3ntP3nd1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
muzikandme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 218
Default

Someone with a good amount of money needs to start their own ebay and paypal, advertise the crap out of it on forums and they would make a killing. So many people are frustrated with ebay these days.
muzikandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
LeonfromNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 5,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greetl01 View Post
maaaan those fees. now you get fees if you cancel early and IF YOU HAVE A RESERVE! REALLY???? ridiculous. i just paid $70 in ebay fees. then they send you over to paypal to screw you with no lube some more. friggin crooks
I wish I could pay $70 in eBay fees every month... my last two months cost me $350 in eBay fees
LeonfromNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
I wish I could pay $70 in eBay fees every month... my last two months cost me $350 in eBay fees
oh damn haha.. i had to pay $7 fee this month and next and i thought it was a lot.. till i read the thread lol
Jexter24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lost Angeles
Posts: 186
Default

how can someone keep their feedback comments private? isnt that the point of feedback, guy just made an offer has over 1,000 feedback but its private.
jwoods103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
greetl01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
I wish I could pay $70 in eBay fees every month... my last two months cost me $350 in eBay fees
Dude, this was just for one week! I got about 7 more auctions still pending. I get so angry paying those fees man
__________________
My Paul George Collection
http://www.paulgeorgecollector.com/paul-george-basketball-collection/
greetl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,045
Default

Those fees being lowered should would go a long way! Hate having to dish out 1404.00 this month to them jerks! lol
srslychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Pat3ntP3nd1ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoods103 View Post
how can someone keep their feedback comments private? isnt that the point of feedback, guy just made an offer has over 1,000 feedback but its private.

Sometimes people who are strictly buyers and don't sell on eBay elect to keep their profile private. If your are a seller I believe that is forbidden. The only thing a seller can do is make the buyers purchased item private. Correct me if I am wrong.
__________________
asheer.net -- Commerce Enabled
Pat3ntP3nd1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lost Angeles
Posts: 186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat3ntP3nd1ng View Post
Sometimes people who are strictly buyers and don't sell on eBay elect to keep their profile private. If your are a seller I believe that is forbidden. The only thing a seller can do is make the buyers purchased item private. Correct me if I am wrong.

just seems dumb
jwoods103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,194
Default

If you are a casual seller who dislikes fees, that's what Craigslist, internet forums, and flea markets are for.

If you are a legitimate business who wants to make a living, you use eBay and gladly pay the fees since you are saving a boat load by NOT becoming a brick and mortar.

End of discussion.
__________________
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER FOR CASE BREAK RESULTS, PROFIT/LOSS REPORTS, AND GENERAL INSIGHT INTO THE SPORTS CARD INDUSTRY: http://www.twitter.com/auctionjmm
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
jsnyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzikandme View Post
Someone with a good amount of money needs to start their own ebay and paypal, advertise the crap out of it on forums and they would make a killing. So many people are frustrated with ebay these days.
Check out collectorrevolution.com, that's what they're trying to do...if everyone helped get enough traffic over there it'd be a solution
__________________
*COLLECTING GENO SMITH & TAVON AUSTIN*

Bucket: http://s8.beta.photobucket.com/user/jsnyder2004/library/
Collector Revolution: http://collectorrevolution.com/sellers/1040/listings
jsnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,431
Default

Entitled much? You receive a value and expect to receive it for free?
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ames, IA
Posts: 4,635
Default

Fees do seem high..

Might have to check out that revolution site mentioned above.

Also know people like COMC and I use Sportsbuy.com a lot.
__________________
http://www.sportsbuy.com/vipAction.do?MemberId=112178
Beavers98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnyder View Post
Check out collectorrevolution.com, that's what they're trying to do...if everyone helped get enough traffic over there it'd be a solution
I saw that site a few days ago, and it looked appealing but I'm a little confused at what it is?

Is it an eBay for cards? Meaning you have to keep the cards yourself, list it, sipt it, etc with little to no fees?

Or is it a COMC that houses your cards for u, puts up the listing values, and ships them for you with little to no housing fee?

Looks really nice, they followed me on Twitter lol.
hellojeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
ManInTheMirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 35,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
If you are a casual seller who dislikes fees, that's what Craigslist, internet forums, and flea markets are for.

If you are a legitimate business who wants to make a living, you use eBay and gladly pay the fees since you are saving a boat load by NOT becoming a brick and mortar.

End of discussion.
Post of the day.
__________________
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/maninthemirror
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 18,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavers98 View Post
Fees do seem high..
Might have to check out that revolution site mentioned above.

Also know people like COMC and I use Sportsbuy.com a lot.
El Oh El. COMC fees are higher
__________________
Thin skinned megalomaniacs shouldn't post on message boards.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojeffy View Post
I saw that site a few days ago, and it looked appealing but I'm a little confused at what it is?

Is it an eBay for cards? Meaning you have to keep the cards yourself, list it, sipt it, etc with little to no fees?

Or is it a COMC that houses your cards for u, puts up the listing values, and ships them for you with little to no housing fee?

Looks really nice, they followed me on Twitter lol.
You post the cards on your account and then are responsible for shipping when purchased. Just the fees are a lot lower. But, seems to be very little traffic. I went and did a search for a few players I collect and only a couple (less than 5 each) showed up.
__________________
Basketball: NBA Vets/HOF players
Baseball: Ryne Stanek
Football: Andrew Luck
indyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
jsnyder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojeffy View Post
I saw that site a few days ago, and it looked appealing but I'm a little confused at what it is?

Is it an eBay for cards? Meaning you have to keep the cards yourself, list it, sipt it, etc with little to no fees?

Or is it a COMC that houses your cards for u, puts up the listing values, and ships them for you with little to no housing fee?

Looks really nice, they followed me on Twitter lol.
It's like eBay where you have complete freedom to list and ship as you want, but absolutely FREE to list, and fees are never higher than 5% (no fees at ALL on sales less than $5). I've been making sales elsewhere and telling everyone to slowly make the switch to Collector Revolution, I can sell for a little cheaper on there since I don't deal with high fees so my buyers get a deal and I make more sales.

Collector Revolution will be set up at the National and have been really helpful, only been up as a site for 7-8 months and have over 50,000 listings. Check it out, I'd be happy to answer any questions for you
__________________
*COLLECTING GENO SMITH & TAVON AUSTIN*

Bucket: http://s8.beta.photobucket.com/user/jsnyder2004/library/
Collector Revolution: http://collectorrevolution.com/sellers/1040/listings
jsnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Pat3ntP3nd1ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,682
Default

On a brief side note, I believe that COMC is in a great position to absorb a large majority of eBay's Sports Cards & Collectibles market in the near further. They have essentially positioned themselves as a potential leader in this sector in their brief 8 years of existence. Their user base and reputation are growing day by day. So by utilizing the positive characteristics of their current business model (storage, hands off sale approach), and also adapt some of the successful aspects of eBay's auctioning model while being able to keep their fees lower they will most certainly become a leading player in the e-commerce sports card industry.

Ultimately, eBay is the only option for many dealers because they offer tremendous product turnover due to the shear volume of traffic to the site. As other sites gain popularity amongst the hobbyist and implement a better fee systems that will change. Also, the monopoly of having to use Paypal is one undermined negative of eBay. There are other payment gateways that users should have the opportunity to use like Dwolla which charge lower fees to accept payments.

Yes, eBay in most cases is better than having a brick n mortar, but that IMO it's comparing apples and oranges. Obviously eBay being internet based is more advantageous to people who don't have the start up capital or the desire to open a land based business. However, eBay doesn't have much competition right now in the sports card industry "ONLINE", so when that changes, maybe some people will cease to have the attitude of "Shut up and take whatever eBay gives you, because that's all we got" to "I'm going to start selling on X,Y,Z site because they have better features, fees, and they care more about their sellers".
__________________
asheer.net -- Commerce Enabled

Last edited by Pat3ntP3nd1ng; 07-19-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Pat3ntP3nd1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 18,493
Send a message via MSN to asujbl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
If you are a casual seller who dislikes fees, that's what Craigslist, internet forums, and flea markets are for.

If you are a legitimate business who wants to make a living, you use eBay and gladly pay the fees since you are saving a boat load by NOT becoming a brick and mortar.

End of discussion.
Logic is not allowed here at Blowout.
__________________
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk269/ohiosundevils
Want to save 5-15% on your purchase? Check my feedback and pay via Check/MO/Cash
I do not ACCEPT or SEND Gift Payments - Thanks
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:05 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3
Default

Have you guys heard of gimko?
Sports Cards, Gaming Cards, Non-Sports Cards & more for your trading cards | Gimko
Its an auction site set up for Trading Cards, site went live approx 6-8 weeks ago.
AyiosYiorgos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnyder View Post
It's like eBay where you have complete freedom to list and ship as you want, but absolutely FREE to list, and fees are never higher than 5% (no fees at ALL on sales less than $5). I've been making sales elsewhere and telling everyone to slowly make the switch to Collector Revolution, I can sell for a little cheaper on there since I don't deal with high fees so my buyers get a deal and I make more sales.

Collector Revolution will be set up at the National and have been really helpful, only been up as a site for 7-8 months and have over 50,000 listings. Check it out, I'd be happy to answer any questions for you
Justin is absolutely correct..... Collectors Revolution is a amazing alternative to sell with FREE listing fees and extremely low fees for sales. As mentioned before, it is a newer site with lower traffic but will blow up when everyone finds out about it. I know one of the people involved in the site and he is an amazing business man with incredible foresight..... in the hobby business for years!
mike-the-ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.