Blowout Cards Forums
Shop for NFL Draft Class of 2014 Nike Jerseys and New Era Draft Caps at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default FYI about eBay change

Not sure if this has been for a while or it just happened but I can now see the number of watchers for other individuals auctions. IMO it is a nice addition, now if they can just lower their astronomical fees
Old 07-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

maaaan those fees. now you get fees if you cancel early and IF YOU HAVE A RESERVE! REALLY???? ridiculous. i just paid $70 in ebay fees. then they send you over to paypal to screw you with no lube some more. friggin crooks
Old 07-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah I hear you, it can be up to 13% or even more sometimes between eBay and Paypal.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Someone with a good amount of money needs to start their own ebay and paypal, advertise the crap out of it on forums and they would make a killing. So many people are frustrated with ebay these days.
muzikandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greetl01 View Post
maaaan those fees. now you get fees if you cancel early and IF YOU HAVE A RESERVE! REALLY???? ridiculous. i just paid $70 in ebay fees. then they send you over to paypal to screw you with no lube some more. friggin crooks
I wish I could pay $70 in eBay fees every month... my last two months cost me $350 in eBay fees
LeonfromNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
I wish I could pay $70 in eBay fees every month... my last two months cost me $350 in eBay fees
oh damn haha.. i had to pay $7 fee this month and next and i thought it was a lot.. till i read the thread lol
Jexter24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

how can someone keep their feedback comments private? isnt that the point of feedback, guy just made an offer has over 1,000 feedback but its private.
jwoods103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
Dude, this was just for one week! I got about 7 more auctions still pending. I get so angry paying those fees man
Old 07-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Those fees being lowered should would go a long way! Hate having to dish out 1404.00 this month to them jerks! lol
srslychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoods103 View Post
how can someone keep their feedback comments private? isnt that the point of feedback, guy just made an offer has over 1,000 feedback but its private.

Sometimes people who are strictly buyers and don't sell on eBay elect to keep their profile private. If your are a seller I believe that is forbidden. The only thing a seller can do is make the buyers purchased item private. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:30 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat3ntP3nd1ng View Post
Sometimes people who are strictly buyers and don't sell on eBay elect to keep their profile private. If your are a seller I believe that is forbidden. The only thing a seller can do is make the buyers purchased item private. Correct me if I am wrong.

just seems dumb
jwoods103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:53 AM   #12 (permalink)

If you are a casual seller who dislikes fees, that's what Craigslist, internet forums, and flea markets are for.

If you are a legitimate business who wants to make a living, you use eBay and gladly pay the fees since you are saving a boat load by NOT becoming a brick and mortar.

End of discussion.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzikandme View Post
Someone with a good amount of money needs to start their own ebay and paypal, advertise the crap out of it on forums and they would make a killing. So many people are frustrated with ebay these days.
Check out collectorrevolution.com, that's what they're trying to do...if everyone helped get enough traffic over there it'd be a solution

Bucket: http://s8.beta.photobucket.com/user/jsnyder2004/library/
Collector Revolution: http://collectorrevolution.com/sellers/1040/listings
jsnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #14 (permalink)

Entitled much? You receive a value and expect to receive it for free?
Old 07-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #15 (permalink)

Fees do seem high..

Might have to check out that revolution site mentioned above.

Also know people like COMC and I use Sportsbuy.com a lot.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnyder View Post
Check out collectorrevolution.com, that's what they're trying to do...if everyone helped get enough traffic over there it'd be a solution
I saw that site a few days ago, and it looked appealing but I'm a little confused at what it is?

Is it an eBay for cards? Meaning you have to keep the cards yourself, list it, sipt it, etc with little to no fees?

Or is it a COMC that houses your cards for u, puts up the listing values, and ships them for you with little to no housing fee?

Looks really nice, they followed me on Twitter lol.
hellojeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
If you are a casual seller who dislikes fees, that's what Craigslist, internet forums, and flea markets are for.

If you are a legitimate business who wants to make a living, you use eBay and gladly pay the fees since you are saving a boat load by NOT becoming a brick and mortar.

End of discussion.
Post of the day.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavers98 View Post
Fees do seem high..
Might have to check out that revolution site mentioned above.

Also know people like COMC and I use Sportsbuy.com a lot.
El Oh El. COMC fees are higher

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojeffy View Post
I saw that site a few days ago, and it looked appealing but I'm a little confused at what it is?

Is it an eBay for cards? Meaning you have to keep the cards yourself, list it, sipt it, etc with little to no fees?

Or is it a COMC that houses your cards for u, puts up the listing values, and ships them for you with little to no housing fee?

You post the cards on your account and then are responsible for shipping when purchased. Just the fees are a lot lower. But, seems to be very little traffic. I went and did a search for a few players I collect and only a couple (less than 5 each) showed up.
indyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojeffy View Post

It's like eBay where you have complete freedom to list and ship as you want, but absolutely FREE to list, and fees are never higher than 5% (no fees at ALL on sales less than $5). I've been making sales elsewhere and telling everyone to slowly make the switch to Collector Revolution, I can sell for a little cheaper on there since I don't deal with high fees so my buyers get a deal and I make more sales.

Collector Revolution will be set up at the National and have been really helpful, only been up as a site for 7-8 months and have over 50,000 listings. Check it out, I'd be happy to answer any questions for you

Bucket: http://s8.beta.photobucket.com/user/jsnyder2004/library/
Collector Revolution: http://collectorrevolution.com/sellers/1040/listings
jsnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #21 (permalink)

On a brief side note, I believe that COMC is in a great position to absorb a large majority of eBay's Sports Cards & Collectibles market in the near further. They have essentially positioned themselves as a potential leader in this sector in their brief 8 years of existence. Their user base and reputation are growing day by day. So by utilizing the positive characteristics of their current business model (storage, hands off sale approach), and also adapt some of the successful aspects of eBay's auctioning model while being able to keep their fees lower they will most certainly become a leading player in the e-commerce sports card industry.

Ultimately, eBay is the only option for many dealers because they offer tremendous product turnover due to the shear volume of traffic to the site. As other sites gain popularity amongst the hobbyist and implement a better fee systems that will change. Also, the monopoly of having to use Paypal is one undermined negative of eBay. There are other payment gateways that users should have the opportunity to use like Dwolla which charge lower fees to accept payments.

Yes, eBay in most cases is better than having a brick n mortar, but that IMO it's comparing apples and oranges. Obviously eBay being internet based is more advantageous to people who don't have the start up capital or the desire to open a land based business. However, eBay doesn't have much competition right now in the sports card industry "ONLINE", so when that changes, maybe some people will cease to have the attitude of "Shut up and take whatever eBay gives you, because that's all we got" to "I'm going to start selling on X,Y,Z site because they have better features, fees, and they care more about their sellers".

Last edited by Pat3ntP3nd1ng; 07-19-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Pat3ntP3nd1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #22 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post

End of discussion.
Logic is not allowed here at Blowout.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:05 AM   #23 (permalink)

Have you guys heard of gimko?
Sports Cards, Gaming Cards, Non-Sports Cards & more for your trading cards | Gimko
Its an auction site set up for Trading Cards, site went live approx 6-8 weeks ago.
AyiosYiorgos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:36 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnyder View Post
It's like eBay where you have complete freedom to list and ship as you want, but absolutely FREE to list, and fees are never higher than 5% (no fees at ALL on sales less than $5). I've been making sales elsewhere and telling everyone to slowly make the switch to Collector Revolution, I can sell for a little cheaper on there since I don't deal with high fees so my buyers get a deal and I make more sales.

Collector Revolution will be set up at the National and have been really helpful, only been up as a site for 7-8 months and have over 50,000 listings. Check it out, I'd be happy to answer any questions for you
Justin is absolutely correct..... Collectors Revolution is a amazing alternative to sell with FREE listing fees and extremely low fees for sales. As mentioned before, it is a newer site with lower traffic but will blow up when everyone finds out about it. I know one of the people involved in the site and he is an amazing business man with incredible foresight..... in the hobby business for years!
mike-the-ripper is offline   Reply With Quote