Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
Nothing like taking criticism WAY too far!

Kobe is a demanding player and not everyone responds the same way to it. I don't think DH12 has the mental make-up to mesh with a Kobe type player. Shaq made it work because he was the big dog from the start in LA... plus Phil knows how to manage egos.

I don't think ANYONE has said Kobe sucks. Even Nelly said he is one of the top players of all time. But it takes certain player to play with Kobe.

Some of you guys really take things way too far.

Well said
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,248
Default

Very on point post. No one said Kobe sucks. He will go down as top 10 player of all time easily. No one is saying he isn't an awesome player. He is just very demanding and needs the attention.

Players fans get so defensive when you say anything they don't perceive as positive about their favorite player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
Nothing like taking criticism WAY too far!

Kobe is a demanding player and not everyone responds the same way to it. I don't think DH12 has the mental make-up to mesh with a Kobe type player. Shaq made it work because he was the big dog from the start in LA... plus Phil knows how to manage egos.

I don't think ANYONE has said Kobe sucks. Even Nelly said he is one of the top players of all time. But it takes certain player to play with Kobe.

Some of you guys really take things way too far.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 643
Default

People don't want to play with Kobe because he busts his butt and expects all of his teammates to do the same. And when you don't, he's going to get in your face about it. That's why most players don't want to play with Kobe, most guys want to skate by, cash checks, and that's it. Jordan was just as demanding, if not more, and everyone loved him for it
NJNets24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
kobe824's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Posts: 2,866
Default

Obvisouly I'm joking but that's how ridiculous the comments that bash Kobe and Lebron are. They are obvisouly the two greatest players since MJ.
kobe824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
bmf
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJNets24 View Post
People don't want to play with Kobe because he busts his butt and expects all of his teammates to do the same. And when you don't, he's going to get in your face about it. That's why most players don't want to play with Kobe, most guys want to skate by, cash checks, and that's it. Jordan was just as demanding, if not more, and everyone loved him for it
as it is well-documented in sam smith's book, jordan's teammates despised him, too, for the same reason. like kobe, mj demanded hard work and solid effort from his teammates. when they didn't work hard or if they flat out sucked, mj let 'em hear about it. kobe's the same way. it's called having an unrelenting will to win.
bmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmf View Post
as it is well-documented in sam smith's book, jordan's teammates despised him, too, for the same reason. like kobe, mj demanded hard work and solid effort from his teammates. when they didn't work hard or if they flat out sucked, mj let 'em hear about it. kobe's the same way. it's called having an unrelenting will to win.
And the majority of this generations players lack that will to win which is why nobody wants to play with Kobe.
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
MikeMamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,018
Default

Dwight would rather fail in Houston than LA

He would be killed by the media for not winning a title in LA

If he doesn't win a title in Houston, no one really would care that much.
__________________
Ed Davis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
tristan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,705
Send a message via MSN to tristan20
Default

Dwight Howard will succeed in Houston! He made the right decision.
He was the LA scapegoat.

He got the blame when they lost, he got no credit when they won.
Who would stay? REALLY think about it.

I hope he goes far in Houston and wish him all the best.
__________________
!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 638
Default

I thought the smartest thing he said was that the Lakers don't get great role players to play for them like the Heat have done. Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Chris Andersen, Mike Miller all went to Miami to play and took less money to play their role.
__________________
2007 Bowman Chrome Football RC AU set- 31/54 = 57%
hitman1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:59 AM   #35 (permalink)
bmf
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
And the majority of this generations players lack that will to win which is why nobody wants to play with Kobe.
I agree with you, and with NJNets24, too
bmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.