Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: California
Posts: 409
Default Stephen A vs. Nelly

Hot Lakers Debate: Nelly vs. Stephen A. - YouTube

This is one of the most interesting debates that I have ever seen.
The Fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 212
Default

I just gained a lot of respect for Nelly. Dude agrees with me.
imbluestreak23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 2,417
Default

I watched every second of that and loved it, aha. Thought nelly made same good points as well.
__________________
Always Looking for D-Wade and LeBron.
joe31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 21,244
Default

Nelly is a pretty intelligent dude.
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong"
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
jbmets95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 6,995
Default

NELLY knows his stuuuuf
__________________
http://s897.photobucket.com/albums/ac172/jbmets95/
Iman Shumpert PC --> METS Prospects --> ZWheeler, KPlawecki, DHerrera,
Football --> Ladarius Green, Christine Michael, Lamar Miller, Montee Ball, Levine Toililo, Isaiah Crowell
jbmets95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
tristan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,705
Send a message via MSN to tristan20
Default

When no one wants to play with you something is wrong with YOU, not the team, not the coach, not the system.

Read this comment LOL

"Guys take pay cuts to play with Lebron. Guys take pay cuts to not play with Kobe."

Nelly knows his basketball
__________________
!

Last edited by tristan20; 07-20-2013 at 12:48 AM.
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jin
Member
 
Jin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: University of Illinois @ Urbana
Posts: 3,061
Default

I loved that, that was just some hardcore basketball action.

I wish he was a part of the show
__________________
JINSUNITED

TAKE A PEEK ~ I COLLECT STAR PATCHES AND AUTOS
http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n577/JinsUnited/Basketball%20Collection/
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Nelly feels the same as I do about Kobe...

Guys don't wanna play with him not because he is a bad player (obviously) but more so he's a bad teammate plain and simple.

Nothing is Kobe's fault in LA ... NOTHING!
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
sghosal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 441
Default

This is coming from a hardcore Kobe fan, so it's biased, but hear me out.

"Guys take pay-cuts to play with LeBron." LeBron himself took a pay-cut to team up with Wade and Bosh, cuz it was the only way he was going to win a title. Plain and simple!

The Lakers haven't had even cap room available for a guy to take a small pay-cut! How is that even a comparable situation?!

As far as Dwight taking less money to play for Houston, it was the right decision. Was it because of Kobe? Dantoni? Pressure of playing in LA? Or was it playing with a younger team that he believes will be "his team"? No one knows but Dwight.

For Nelly to say nobody wants to play with Kobe is downright STUPID. The man has 5 rings. That's all the proof that you need. He doesn't win the 1st 3 without Shaq, but Shaq doesn't win those 3 without Kobe either. Kobe doesn't win the next 2 without Pau and Phil, but Pau would never be considered a Hall Of Fame Candidate without Kobe and Phil wouldn't have rings 7,8,9,10,11.
__________________
Colin Kaepernick
sghosal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
tristan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,705
Send a message via MSN to tristan20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sghosal View Post
This is coming from a hardcore Kobe fan, so it's biased, but hear me out.

"Guys take pay-cuts to play with LeBron." LeBron himself took a pay-cut to team up with Wade and Bosh, cuz it was the only way he was going to win a title. Plain and simple!

The Lakers haven't had even cap room available for a guy to take a small pay-cut! How is that even a comparable situation?!

As far as Dwight taking less money to play for Houston, it was the right decision. Was it because of Kobe? Dantoni? Pressure of playing in LA? Or was it playing with a younger team that he believes will be "his team"? No one knows but Dwight.

For Nelly to say nobody wants to play with Kobe is downright STUPID. The man has 5 rings. That's all the proof that you need. He doesn't win the 1st 3 without Shaq, but Shaq doesn't win those 3 without Kobe either. Kobe doesn't win the next 2 without Pau and Phil, but Pau would never be considered a Hall Of Fame Candidate without Kobe and Phil wouldn't have rings 7,8,9,10,11.
Players leaving LA has nothing to do with salary CAP. Everyone knows that.
__________________
!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
rookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sghosal View Post
This is coming from a hardcore Kobe fan, so it's biased, but hear me out.

"Guys take pay-cuts to play with LeBron." LeBron himself took a pay-cut to team up with Wade and Bosh, cuz it was the only way he was going to win a title. Plain and simple!

The Lakers haven't had even cap room available for a guy to take a small pay-cut! How is that even a comparable situation?!

As far as Dwight taking less money to play for Houston, it was the right decision. Was it because of Kobe? Dantoni? Pressure of playing in LA? Or was it playing with a younger team that he believes will be "his team"? No one knows but Dwight.

For Nelly to say nobody wants to play with Kobe is downright STUPID. The man has 5 rings. That's all the proof that you need. He doesn't win the 1st 3 without Shaq, but Shaq doesn't win those 3 without Kobe either. Kobe doesn't win the next 2 without Pau and Phil, but Pau would never be considered a Hall Of Fame Candidate without Kobe and Phil wouldn't have rings 7,8,9,10,11.
Actually Dwade took the biggest pay cut and bosh and lebron took very very small "paycuts"
__________________
BUYING: Lebron James Exquisite auto patch cards, preferably from 03/04, 08/09, and 09/10.
rookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
MikeMamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,018
Default

Wasn't Lebron mad that no one praised him for taking a pay-cut?
In a way, he did it for himself to make himself look like a "good" teammate.

And DH didnt even take a paycut lol. I'm not even sure how you guys think he took a paycut to get away from Kobe haha.
__________________
Ed Davis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
rookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMamba View Post
Wasn't Lebron mad that no one praised him for taking a pay-cut?
In a way, he did it for himself to make himself look like a "good" teammate.

And DH didnt even take a paycut lol. I'm not even sure how you guys think he took a paycut to get away from Kobe haha.
lol. Last year of deal if he stayed with Lakers he would have made 30 MIllion and he left like 16 million in guaranteed money. IN his year he could ahve made 30 mill with lakers he will most likely get a max at like 23 million that year he did lose alot.
__________________
BUYING: Lebron James Exquisite auto patch cards, preferably from 03/04, 08/09, and 09/10.
rookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
MikeMamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookies View Post
lol. Last year of deal if he stayed with Lakers he would have made 30 MIllion and he left like 16 million in guaranteed money. IN his year he could ahve made 30 mill with lakers he will most likely get a max at like 23 million that year he did lose alot.
Rockets deal was 4yrs
Lakers deal was 5yrs

Lets be real, he will probably get 1 more max contract after 4yrs.

He is taking a RISK at losing money, but he hasn't lost it YET.
__________________
Ed Davis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
jj2
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMamba View Post
Rockets deal was 4yrs
Lakers deal was 5yrs

Lets be real, he will probably get 1 more max contract after 4yrs.

He is taking a RISK at losing money, but he hasn't lost it YET.
Which ever way you cut it he left a guaranteed $30 million on the table. Four years is a very long time in elite sports and there's certainly no guarantee that he'll be worth that kind of money down the track (he'll be 31 at that stage). So in effect, yes, he probably will loose a lot of money for choosing to play for the Rockets.
jj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
JP Lakers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 696
Default

this dude is a Kobe hater for sure .
We will see next summer if noone wants to play with Kobe.
Would Howard have left LA if Kobe was 23 years old and Harden 35 ?
D12 said he wants to win but he left the team with 16 championships.
Is anybody here thinking that he has a real chance with Houston and his "no defense" game ?
__________________
James Worthy

http://s760.photobucket.com/user/JPLakersFan/library/?sort=6&src=wap&page=1
JP Lakers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 21,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Lakers Fan View Post
this dude is a Kobe hater for sure .
We will see next summer if noone wants to play with Kobe.
Would Howard have left LA if Kobe was 23 years old and Harden 35 ?
D12 said he wants to win but he left the team with 16 championships.
Is anybody here thinking that he has a real chance with Houston and his "no defense" game ?
You aren't a Lakers homer... at all...

What does 16 championships have to do with the current situation?

Houston without DH12 was a better team than the Lakers last year. The Lakers are a #@#@#@#@ing mess. Their coach is worthless, Kobe is out for at least a good chunk of the year... they aren't going anywhere.

I don't believe that DH12 leaving was all on Kobe, but I do believe that Jim Buss is running that team into the ground.
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong"
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7,121
Default

Love me some first take. It's obvious that he wanted to go in to a better situation. Do you really think you could win a championship with LA? Nash is old, Bryant is old and hurt, and Pau's offensive game is not what it use to be.
bballcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,623
Default

Fox1 Sports, hope you are watching.

Get Nelly his own show!
__________________
:turkey: :turkey: :turkey:
bradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
JP Lakers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
What does 16 championships have to do with the current situation?
it says that maybe I say MAYBE the Lakers organisation knows something about building a team that can win a championship.
I'm ok with the fact that Houston seems a better place right now but next summer the Lakers will have plenty of room to sign free agents and could become a contender again really quickly.
I would understand Dwight if Houston would have a chance next year but it isn't the case.
They will be 4/5 seed in the West at best.
__________________
James Worthy

http://s760.photobucket.com/user/JPLakersFan/library/?sort=6&src=wap&page=1
JP Lakers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,248
Default

I'm willing to bet the Rockets will have a better season this year then the lakers did last year. I think Howard and Kobe just didnt mesh. The same like Kobe and Shaq didn't. You can't have a big ego and play next to Kobe. Pau was the perfect guy to put beside Kobe because he doesn't ask for any of the limelight.

The Lakers have a good chance to reload after next season. If they do reload maybe Howard leaving was good for both sides.

It's obvious Howard took less money going to the Rockets instead of staying with the Lakers. It is simple math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Lakers Fan View Post
it says that maybe I say MAYBE the Lakers organisation knows something about building a team that can win a championship.
I'm ok with the fact that Houston seems a better place right now but next summer the Lakers will have plenty of room to sign free agents and could become a contender again really quickly.
I would understand Dwight if Houston would have a chance next year but it isn't the case.
They will be 4/5 seed in the West at best.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
bmf
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,053
Default

nelly's argument on first take was all over the place, completely incoherent. all he did was yell and bang his hand on the table. i thought he was going to start snapping his fingers and yelling "talk to the hand!" while thrusting his neck side to side. i saw that segment live. i thought nelly must be auditioning for a spot on Real Housewives of Atlanta! but i guess the guy needs to get some attention somehow. it's been a long time since "it's getting hot in here" (or whatever that trash was called) was on the radio. lmao. okay, now back to the kobe hate-fest
bmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
kobe824's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Posts: 2,866
Default

Don't you guys know my now, Kobe sucks. Probably the worst player in the game. First played with Shaq and then rode Gasol to 2 more titles. All the Nba players and guys like Phil Jackson don't know what they are talking about calling him great. The BO forum members is where the real basketball experts live!
kobe824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
IronMonkey415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 15,907
Default

You hate black people?
__________________
Only shipping in the U.S.
IronMonkey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 21,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe824 View Post
Don't you guys know my now, Kobe sucks. Probably the worst player in the game. First played with Shaq and then rode Gasol to 2 more titles. All the Nba players and guys like Phil Jackson don't know what they are talking about calling him great. The BO forum members is where the real basketball experts live!
Nothing like taking criticism WAY too far!

Kobe is a demanding player and not everyone responds the same way to it. I don't think DH12 has the mental make-up to mesh with a Kobe type player. Shaq made it work because he was the big dog from the start in LA... plus Phil knows how to manage egos.

I don't think ANYONE has said Kobe sucks. Even Nelly said he is one of the top players of all time. But it takes certain player to play with Kobe.

Some of you guys really take things way too far.
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong"
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.