Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
I can confirm what Onlythefinest is saying, my distributor told me there's a 2nd new product called Flawless, super high end like we've never seen before. He also said the box is like a golden briefcase or something nutty like that, but I think at that point he was joshing me.
Can't tell if this is a serious post or sarcasm, someone help me out
MavsRChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
I can confirm what Onlythefinest is saying, my distributor told me there's a 2nd new product called Flawless, super high end like we've never seen before. He also said the box is like a golden briefcase or something nutty like that, but I think at that point he was joshing me.
It's official, Panini's looking to buyout UD, what other reason is there really? I've lost count on the # of products this year, definitely 20+? An $800/box pre-release quote? Are you kidding me?

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/atothelo88/
AtotheLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #103 (permalink)

I can't even imagine how pissed I'd be if I dropped serious money on the rookie cards that came out of NT only to have an $800/box product announced after the fact.
gamboooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post
Ahhhh...I just thought with all the Mark Felt'ing of UD you were either a McWilliam or PinoyMamba's evil twin lol

Panini deserves some credit here, this will be only their 6th really good product this year (Prizm, Select, Preferred, Gold Standard, NT)
I'm sorry mane, I just can't get into the stuff. As I've said though, I'd like the Silos if it wasn't for the borders and I think the NTs RAPs look pretty nice. I'd give credit if A LOT of it didn't all look the same, and if they would stop pumping out so much of it. And the name Panini and cards together, just kills it. When I think Panini I think sandwich, can't help it lol
justdagoodstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdagoodstuff View Post
I'm sorry mane, I just can't get into the stuff. As I've said though, I'd like the Silos if it wasn't for the borders and I think the NTs RAPs look pretty nice. I'd give credit if A LOT of it didn't all look the same, and if they would stop pumping out so much of it. And the name Panini and cards together, just kills it. When I think Panini I think sandwich, can't help it lol
What are you talking about?.. Panini is getting the damn thing done!....

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
What are you talking about?.. Panini is getting the damn thing done!....
lol! ah man, he's good, he's damn good lol.
justdagoodstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #107 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Why the hell would I want 3 logo men of the same player on the same card? I mean thats just dumb. All the logomen look the same, at least mix the players up to make it look different and appealing.

On the other hand, those patches are going to be SWEET as hell!

ALBUM http://www.finalsmvp.com/
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #108 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Looks like treasures will be going down in price

ALBUM http://www.finalsmvp.com/
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #109 (permalink)

imagine 6 way logoman

kobe, durant, lebron, wade, chris paul, derrick rose
cardkid24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #110 (permalink)

I need my logomen auto'd. Is it just me?

CMB. My entire collection is up For Sale!!
Jopeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardkid24 View Post
imagine 6 way logoman

kobe, durant, lebron, wade, chris paul, derrick rose
This is Panini... it'll probably be Kobe, Durant, Paul, Rose, Pierce and Devin Harris or something...
Old 08-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #112 (permalink)

Anybody else find it disgusting/insulting that Panini didn't put logoman cards into ANY other products than NT, and are now left with so many that they're putting THREE OF THE SAME PLAYER into the same cards?
C'mon man...
Old 08-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Anybody else find it disgusting/insulting that Panini didn't put logoman cards into ANY other products than NT, and are now left with so many that they're putting THREE OF THE SAME PLAYER into the same cards?
C'mon man...
they should be in the high end i feel honestly. but they are overkilling it with the print runs.

the 3 of the same player logoman is asinine though for sure. someone suggested on their blog to do a starting 5 from each team. that would be sweet and much more logical
rmiller1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
C'mon man...
Yeah, I wonder who's stupid idea that was... pretty lame!

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #115 (permalink)
jj2

Quote:
C'mon man...
Lol, yeah, I am both deeply disgusted and insulted. This has ruined my whole day... no, year!

Panini have already commented on their blog that the versions with multiple logomen of the same player aren't prevalent. Relax.

Last edited by jj2; 08-14-2013 at 09:57 PM.
jj2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2 View Post
Lol, yeah, I am both deeply disgusted and insulted. This has ruined my whole day... no, year!
Well clearly you don't care for the state of the hobby with your immature response. Obviously I'm talking IN TERMS OF THE HOBBY. Grow up.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlythefinest View Post
I like the look so far. My question is what will happen to the value of NT RPAs? I also heard they have another product after this called FLAWLESS and is suppose to be the most limited basketball product made with a price point of $800++ just what my lcs told me today.
WOW $800!? If that is true those cards better be ridiculous, and like someone else said, that could really F up the value of NT rcs.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Well clearly you don't care for the state of the hobby with your immature response. Obviously I'm talking IN TERMS OF THE HOBBY. Grow up.
I would agree that was dumb for three logos of One player. And I think they are a few other products that could have been lifted by them(absolute comes to mind)
Old 08-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #119 (permalink)
jj2

Quote:
No, what I don't care for is your ridiculous hyperbole and glass almost empty mentality.

Look, I don't necessarily agree with the logomen either, but I'm not going to let it ruin the whole product for me.

Last edited by jj2; 08-14-2013 at 10:07 PM.
jj2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Sad part is, Panini is releasing so many products that we can't tell if this is serious or not anymore, lol. Golden briefcase? Housing gorgeous sticker autos? can't wait!
hychang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #121 (permalink)

Cool, the logoman becomes an even bigger joke. At least they listened to the collectors who said logomen should be 1/1s. Whats the solution? Put all three on the same card.
Wings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #122 (permalink)

I don't get it. Are they trying to dethrone NT as their flagship product?
Old 08-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2 View Post
No, what I don't care for is your ridiculous hyperbole and glass almost empty mentality.

Look, I don't necessarily agree with the logomen either, but I'm not going to let it ruin the whole product for me.
Huh? Did I say it ruins the whole product? I say they once again take a good idea and manage to stuff it up, but also that they have held back so many logomans that they could have improved other products with. How is that saying anything like your post? Ruin the whole product? Learn to read...
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #124 (permalink)

Has there ever been an $800 basketball product out the gate without Jordan autos cause that might be the only way Panini sells that stuff. More Irving, Kobe, and Durant autos won't do the trick. Everything would have to be on card with a bunch of other things for people to even consider it. But man, if the UD buyout goes through, then having a Jordan/Bulls auto and the first Lebron/Heat autos would get people hyped up.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical View Post
I don't get it. Are they trying to dethrone NT as their flagship product?
They are trying to squeeze out every nickel from this double rookie class and their license. After NT sells out, they up the stakes and up the stakes some more. As long as people keep buying it, they will keep churning it out.
WaiverWire is offline   Reply With Quote