Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 12:21 AM   #151 (permalink)

Well, there goes sales of NT. No one knows what to do now. They're still releasing multiple high-end 2012-13 branded products a few months prior to 2014. As others have asked, which RPAs do we chase? If Kyrie's NT is going for $2-2.5K now, what happens now?

Panini really needs to let us know. It's not fair to the buyers to just pop these things out. Some people save up money all year to spend on that one big RC or special 1/1 from NT and then they do this.

And Immaculate does not sound better than Exquisite. And Flawless -- is that supposed to mean that all cards come out Pristine BGS 10?? How can you release a product called flawless and it have any imperfections??
kmedia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:33 AM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedia1 View Post
Well, there goes sales of NT. No one knows what to do now. They're still releasing multiple high-end 2012-13 branded products a few months prior to 2014. As others have asked, which RPAs do we chase? If Kyrie's NT is going for $2-2.5K now, what happens now?

Panini really needs to let us know. It's not fair to the buyers to just pop these things out. Some people save up money all year to spend on that one big RC or special 1/1 from NT and then they do this.

And Immaculate does not sound better than Exquisite. And Flawless -- is that supposed to mean that all cards come out Pristine BGS 10?? How can you release a product called flawless and it have any imperfections??
maybe every card comes pre-graded by BGS. now that would be an idea, only packing out BGS 9.5 or higher cards of a high end release. that would be something.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:08 AM   #153 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin View Post
Anyone else roll their eyes before clicking the link and being surprised?

Could this be the product we were all waiting for?

Price point is going to be a huge factor.

I actually think the 6-way logoman is kind of cool.
Me. I thought this was going to be some end of the year sticker dump. This might be the first time I ever said WOW to a Panini BKB product.

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:21 AM   #154 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

At least they got rid of all those UGLY Vertical patches, it seemed that every product had the same design! Same rectangular windows

ALBUM http://www.finalsmvp.com/
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:26 AM   #155 (permalink)

Design looks great but we need more details. I may have missed it but will the autos be on card or sticker. Also even though the Rcs are numbered to 99 or less, it doesn't mean that they won't put Kyrie with 3 different cards in the checklist. This product has a chance to do well but I'm betting Panini will screw it up. I hope not though.
hard2guardtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:47 AM   #156 (permalink)

i love how this 12/13 product is scheduled to come out 2 weeks before the start of the 13/14 season. doesnt prestige and panini normally come out in september and thus before the release of this product.
romayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:48 AM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedia1 View Post

I agree with this. For all the people that have been buying up NT RAP, the prices of those cards are going to plummet when Immaculate comes out. Just like it use to do with all other brands when Exquisite came out. It's not fair to the people who have been looking forward to NT to come out for the past 2 YEARS... Not 1, but 2. Some people are about to be real upset come October . I am personally glad I held off for this long, just in time to see this. Was about to buy some of my own. Not anymore. Unless they're #/99 of course :P

http://s495.photobucket.com/albums/rr320/LostSand/PC/
BlueXtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:25 AM   #158 (permalink)

I think NT remains king. Its not like one year a new product comes out and its the best for rookies. It has stayed the same with exq and NT. THats like saying a silhouette is the best rpa no. I think no matter what its NT heck football doesnt have these products the best rpa is and will be NT unless exquisite ever made a comeback :P
Old 08-15-2013, 03:36 AM   #159 (permalink)

Variety seems open and aimed to attract all audiences.
From shiny.. To gold .. To bright blue autographs. To jerseys. To patches...
2012-13 has been the year products were thrown our way and we grab what attracts us.
Everyone is different.
I've gotten dozens of peeps recently who hadn't touched basketball cards since the MichaelJordan days in the 90's.. More and more Interested in hearing about the trading cards of today.
This year was turnt up!
theSTAR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:08 AM   #160 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gregnice37 Send a message via MSN to gregnice37 Send a message via Yahoo to gregnice37

Didn't UD release SPA, Black, Ultimate and Exquisite in the same year. They all had Rpa's, so stop complaining already, ITS THE SAME CONCEPT.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:32 AM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnice37 View Post
Didn't UD release SPA, Black, Ultimate and Exquisite in the same year. They all had Rpa's, so stop complaining already, ITS THE SAME CONCEPT.
Im agree. Its the same concept and the same number of collections but only one label, like Topps, Ud, Fleer, together. Maybe a little more, but at least double class rookies seem better than other years...

These jumbo patches are manufactured in other collections (by the letter...).. they copy the concept...
airball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:07 AM   #162 (permalink)

These rpas will have some nice rpas but it looks no different then prizm rpas. Small patch and we got a peek at a super nice one but lord knows there will be 90 crap ones..
IMO this product looks nice but is not going to be the show stopper everyone thinks it will be IMO.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
It's set up just like Prime Hockey, which is $210/box. I would think it's going to be $200-250/box.
lol..peaked at a few of em..i dont follow hockey..
this guy must not be very good if this sick jumbo patch /15 only sells for 13 bucks..(sweeden aside)
2011 12 Panini Prime Showcase Jersey Patches 14 Carl Klingberg 15 | eBay

i collect basketball patch cards..
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #164 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazenuts View Post
wow

---overkill ?

i collect basketball patch cards..
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #165 (permalink)

I can't say whether or not this will have an impact on NT prices overall, but for me personally, I am now not willing to spend as much chasing NT singles. I thought NT prices were too high anyway, but with the prospect of more RCs and potentially better RCs in more products, I'll need to save my money. Since it's possible I might like these later product(s) more, I can't spend all my money now. I do feel bad for people who just dropped several thousand on a single card thinking that NT is THE PRODUCT OF THE YEAR, because now it's a possibility it is just A PRODUCT rather than THE PRODUCT.
WaiverWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #166 (permalink)

Okay, I missed out on this mojo discussion yesterday but the box breakdown says 6 cards per box and I only counted 5: 1 base, 1 rpa, 1 auto/auto patch, 1 mem, and 1 additional auto/mem. That's 5 cards, you think they gonna put another kobe anthology nno card or printing plate again as the other hit?
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3toOKC View Post
Okay, I missed out on this mojo discussion yesterday but the box breakdown says 6 cards per box and I only counted 5: 1 base, 1 rpa, 1 auto/auto patch, 1 mem, and 1 additional auto/mem. That's 5 cards, you think they gonna put another kobe anthology nno card or printing plate again as the other hit?
The wrapper/package the cards came in is the other hit.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3toOKC View Post
Did NT have "10" cards on the selling sheet, but print "9" cards on the NT box? They always have trouble of counting number.

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #169 (permalink)
Banned

I like this product.

I think its going to do really well. I dont think it will impact NT set collectors at all. This is like Exquisite and UD black. At first UD black was balked at. Today, everyone misses it.

Hobbyist keep asking for extreme high end product. It seems like Panini is meeting such demands with products like Immaculate. I wont speak to the quality of players and checklist since 2 of the most desired players are under exclusive contract with a company going belly up.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #170 (permalink)
Banned

The problem here is that national treasures was the only choice people had to compare to exquisite now that they will have better products , more limited rap and more options nt is not king.

National treasures is a $350 a box product that dealers are getting double on .
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #171 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I like this product.

I think its going to do really well. I dont think it will impact NT set collectors at all. This is like Exquisite and UD black. At first UD black was balked at. Today, everyone misses it.

Hobbyist keep asking for extreme high end product. It seems like Panini is meeting such demands with products like Immaculate. I wont speak to the quality of players and checklist since 2 of the most desired players are under exclusive contract with a company going belly up.
Moral of the story: Everyone is always going to try to find a reason to complain. There's a ton in this product that I have seen people banging on Panini for not doing...and now theyre doing it but its not good enough.

The six-man logomen are going to be insane. Of course some are going to be "meh", but I doubt those complaining now would be complaining if they pulled the Kemba/Drummond lol
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #172 (permalink)
Banned

I seriously think that 6 way logoman of 2 players is a mock up and not an actual card. If the team over at Panini has a chance to revise the player list on the way logoman it would be great to do so. Vets and rookies.

Does anyone know when this can be pre ordered?
Old 08-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #173 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post
Moral of the story: Everyone is always going to try to find a reason to complain. There's a ton in this product that I have seen people banging on Panini for not doing...and now theyre doing it but its not good enough.

The six-man logomen are going to be insane. Of course some are going to be "meh", but I doubt those complaining now would be complaining if they pulled the Kemba/Drummond lol
The six-man logomen would be insane if they had someone SIGN them.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #174 (permalink)

I honestly do not understand why people are COMPLAINING about a product that actually looks nice?!

As basketball collectors, we have been craving nicer products for years now. Panini finally looks like they have something in the works that could be another fan favorite, and they are getting hammered because it takes away from National Treasures value? LMAO.

What do you want? 20 Past & Present type products and National Treasures?

This product will not harm National Treasures AT ALL. I'm not a fan of Panini, but kudos to them for actually trying to get basketball collectors more high end options.

Last edited by lb_sa; 08-15-2013 at 11:40 AM.
lb_sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #175 (permalink)
Banned

Seems like everyone is caught up on the 6 man logoman and how it will affect NT prices that certain things are being over looked from the exert given by Panini on the press release. Here is what im talking about:

Quote:
All-Star Lineage and Title Winners Autographs: Autograph cards featuring players who have won an NBA Championship or appeared in an All-Star Game. All of these will be numbered to the number of a times the featured player has won a title or appeared in an All-Star Game
Autos of players that won NBA championships or appeared in All star games. Hopefully that list has some serious names in it.