Blowout Cards Forums
Shop for NFL Draft Class of 2014 Nike Jerseys and New Era Draft Caps at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24>MJ23 View Post
I wonder if this thread would have been made if Granger never got injured
You have zero idea what you're talking about...but feel free to go make a thread about some teeny bop female. Toodles.
Sikkcaden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #77 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to sblez

BUMP! Paul Geezy himself said he will get a contract done before the season. We already know its going to be for the max. CONGRATS PG.
PM ME ABOUT ANDREW LUCK CARDS!!!
sblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post
You have zero idea what you're talking about...but feel free to go make a thread about some teeny bop female. Toodles.
Lol please explain to me how I have "zero" idea what I was talking about. Now I'd love to hear your reasoning for that.
*The World's Official #1 Ariana Grande Superfan*
Kobe24>MJ23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:04 AM   #79 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I'd also like to hear your reason for saying that ... Danny Granger was a great scorer before his injury. Paul George would certainly not be scoring as many points if Granger was around, Granger was the star of that team, averaging over 20 points per game ... so you actually don't know what your talking about buddy.

Fact: If Danny Granger was Playing last season, then Paul George wouldn't have gotten the same amount of exposure and wouldn't have been the Pacers top scorer ...

Here is a clearer example: When LeBron isn't around, Wade scores a lot ... When Lebron is around, Wade doesn't score as much, handing the spotlight to LeBron.
ASAPPORKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Lol please explain to me how I have "zero" idea what I was talking about. Now I'd love to hear your reasoning for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAPPORKY View Post
Yeah I'd also like to hear your reason for saying that ... Danny Granger was a great scorer before his injury. Paul George would certainly not be scoring as many points if Granger was around, Granger was the star of that team, averaging over 20 points per game ... so you actually don't know what your talking about buddy.

Fact: If Danny Granger was Playing last season, then Paul George wouldn't have gotten the same amount of exposure and wouldn't have been the Pacers top scorer ...

Here is a clearer example: When LeBron isn't around, Wade scores a lot ... When Lebron is around, Wade doesn't score as much, handing the spotlight to LeBron.
Paul George was poised for a break-out season with Danny Granger in the line-up. With Danny Granger in the line-up, Paul George draws even more favorable match-up's due to playing the 2, rather than the 3. Their playing styles are completely different. At this point in his career, Danny Granger is a very stationary player, and while Paul George can shoot, he has incredible slashing ability. The way that the Pacers offense is set-up, there's no #1 go to option.

While Paul George took 14.9 shots a game last year, George Hill took 11.5, David West took 13.8, Roy Hibbert took 10.9. Lance Stephenson took 7.7 shots per game last year with little to no plays being called for him.

If Danny Granger played last year, it would have effected Lance Stephenson (who took his place in the starting line-up) not Paul George. I agree shot attempts would have dipped for Paul George, but they would have dipped for all the starters, not just PG24. Paul George does more than score. He's an elite defender, solid rebounder and a solid distributor. You speak as though his performance last year was a fluke, rather than understanding his work ethic, ability and overall team-concept.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #81 (permalink)
Jef

last year was certainly no fluke for paul george - his game is just built on too solid of a foundation (unlike, in my opinion, lance stephenson). he defends, rebounds, and as the year went on he improved drastically in taking care of the ball.

last year is pretty much his floor for the next 5 years in my opinion, barring injury.

will he rise to the superstar level, though? that is the question in my mind. all star caliber player, no doubt. first team defensive, no doubt. but there is still work to be done for him to catch up to the elite a-list players.

id actually expect that leap to come the season after next. obviously i could be wrong, but it is going to be interesting for him all season long after being one of the nationally known breakout stars of the playoffs. obviously nba fans knew about him, but more casual sports fans started to come around. that's what happens when you play the heat and everyone gets to see you finally i guess.

i think he improves this year, but a stratosphere-vaulting season in my eyes is still a year away. i hope im wrong - i want someone to knock off miami and paul george seems like a likable enough player.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Paul George was poised for a break-out season with Danny Granger in the line-up. With Danny Granger in the line-up, Paul George draws even more favorable match-up's due to playing the 2, rather than the 3. Their playing styles are completely different. At this point in his career, Danny Granger is a very stationary player, and while Paul George can shoot, he has incredible slashing ability. The way that the Pacers offense is set-up, there's no #1 go to option.

While Paul George took 14.9 shots a game last year, George Hill took 11.5, David West took 13.8, Roy Hibbert took 10.9. Lance Stephenson took 7.7 shots per game last year with little to no plays being called for him.

If Danny Granger played last year, it would have effected Lance Stephenson (who took his place in the starting line-up) not Paul George. I agree shot attempts would have dipped for Paul George, but they would have dipped for all the starters, not just PG24. Paul George does more than score. He's an elite defender, solid rebounder and a solid distributor. You speak as though his performance last year was a fluke, rather than understanding his work ethic, ability and overall team-concept.
Didn't say he was a fluke. I meant that if Granger didn't get injured, he wouldn't be the best player on the team and wouldn't have a thread about him saying he deserves a Max contract.
*The World's Official #1 Ariana Grande Superfan*
Kobe24>MJ23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Didn't say he was a fluke. I meant that if Granger didn't get injured, he wouldn't be the best player on the team and wouldn't have a thread about him saying he deserves a Max contract.
...But Granger wouldn't be the best player on the team. Going into last season I think everyone who follows the team recognized that Granger is on the downside of his career. There was a ton of excitement about Paul George's growth, Hibbert & West continuing to grow together.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #84 (permalink)
Jef

Quote:
Paul George would have gotten a max contract from someone even if last season never existed.

Last season justified the hype, but the hype wouldve gotten him the same numbers no matter what. Too many teams are desperate for a face of the franchise for him to have gotten something less.

Last edited by Jef; 09-19-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Jef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:43 AM   #85 (permalink)

PG is a potential superstar, but most importantly he should go to big market team, Lakers might be a good place since Kobe is old...
CYLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #86 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblez View Post
Paul George is in the top 5! If you honestly think Kobe is better than George right now you know nothing about basketball.
Wow I know absolutely NOTHING!!
Zach23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #87 (permalink)

Pacers and Paul George are finalizing a 5 year/$90 million dollar extension.
Gurds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurds View Post
Pacers and Paul George are finalizing a 5 year/$90 million dollar extension.
Almost guaranteeing the Pacers will be relevant for at least 5 more years.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #89 (permalink)

Max deal looking good now. Kid is dealing.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #90 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to boombaby_rm31

anybody following his card prices here? has he reached john wall rc prices?

@boombaby_rm31
boombaby_rm31 is offline   Reply With Quote