Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #151 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TungTLe View Post
one can only dream right?

sorry its not perfect, photoshopped both up in under an hour.. and I got rid of the original card player's name just cause it would take to long to mimic the foil and text..

Do one for chris paul!!!
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #152 (permalink)

If you forget the Prices of Panini's products (I know, hard to do!), Panini overall this year has really had a lot of nice-looking products ... Even the "terrible" re-sale products like Momentum, ELite Series, etc. were designed well - This product looks awesome and I don't think the price is THAT outrageous either (For the people busting these type of boxes ... a few hundred more is not a big deal) ... I mean has there EVER been a product where every card was serial #ed /25 or less ??? All Autos on-card too ??? (The production run might be 1/10th of NT, so if they only need to sell 1/10th of the boxes, why not price them high?)

One thing I noticed though is where are the Kobe Autos, Durant, Anthony Davis, Irving, Bill Russell, etc. - Those guys better be in the product too ...
MavsRChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #153 (permalink)

Probably haven't received the "on card autos" yet therefore unable to show them in the preview.
DALLASTILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #154 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsRChamps View Post
For the people busting these type of boxes ... a few hundred more is not a big deal

Did you realize its more than 3 times the price of their most expensive product so far this year?

!
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #155 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Did you realize its more than 3 times the price of their most expensive product so far this year?
Will produce 3 times the value too. Watch
Old 09-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #156 (permalink)

a. people on here constantly complain about sticker autos & to a lesser extent event-worn material. this is what happens when a product has all on-card autos & game worn materials. its expensive!!! you people wanted this so much, here it is, so buy it. if its so important to you to have all on-card autos then suck it up & pay the price to get it. if you dont like it then you can come back to the real world where the reason why companies have sticker autos is so their products all dont cost 500-1k & every product isnt delayed for literally half a year.

b. i dunno who designed the jumbo patch card where they put more card over 80% of the patch so theres really barely any patch showing on the card. that is possibly the single dumbest card design i have ever seen. & the bright red & green foil is really low-end looking.

c. theres no checklist out yet is there so how do we know there is no Carmelo, Rose, Westbrook, or Wade autos. theyve all had panini autos before. i assume no duncan or garnett but i dunno.

d. this & immaculate will be exciting to open or see opened or join a group break or whatever, but i think its kind of sad from a pure nba collector point of view that the current ultimate high end product - national treasures - is now half as expensive as this newest product.

e. maybe/hopefully when we see the entirety of this product it will appear much more worthwhile than it does now, but i dunno how tracy hackler and anyone else working higher up at panini can live with themselves charging this price for a box. unless they prove me wrong by actually making the product worth it, like at least 75% return per box, i would just find it morally wrong to sell a box when you know the majority or many are going to lose probably $500 if not a lot more, maybe $900. if i saw what the final situation of this product was & could obviously see most people were going to be big time losers, i dunno if i could work at that company. its not like buying $50 in lottery tickets and getting $5 back, this is charging $1250 with judging from the cards shown so far will have a high chance of losing about 75% of it.

of course there will be more & better cards shown, but also why would u lead off the first pictures of the most expensive product in collecting history with cards that other than the lillards & faried /5 will sell for sell for less than $200, some less than $25! that makes absolutely no sense. & why is panini releasing 3 super premium products within about 3 months and have no even just plain 'high-end' products for the rest of the year. why not spread these out & wind up with national treasures as the final high end product for that nba season. panini does some things good & some things just absolutely baffle me with the decisions that they make.
inopethflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Collector View Post
Everything negative previously said is correct. That being said.

The highs are you will have a great crack at some of the best, most limited rookie cards.

Not sure why they put base cards,But only numbered to 20 several. Will do very well.

When exquisite came out at 500 per pack, everyone though upper deck was crazy. Those who bought that set are laughing all the way to the bank.

This will be a lot more limited than exquisite was also. Any idea how many cases are being made?
Rumor has it, only 450 cases will be made which is equal to a very limited 900 total boxes.

I like the sound of that
LeonfromNC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #158 (permalink)
jj2

Quote:
Originally Posted by inopethflames View Post
b. i dunno who designed the jumbo patch card where they put more card over 80% of the patch so theres really barely any patch showing on the card. that is possibly the single dumbest card design i have ever seen. & the bright red & green foil is really low-end looking.
I'm pretty sure they used two patch pieces. Personally I think it's a killer design, and many others here have commented the same.

Quote:
e. maybe/hopefully when we see the entirety of this product it will appear much more worthwhile than it does now, but i dunno how tracy hackler and anyone else working higher up at panini can live with themselves charging this price for a box. unless they prove me wrong by actually making the product worth it, like at least 75% return per box, i would just find it morally wrong to sell a box when you know the majority or many are going to lose probably $500 if not a lot more, maybe $900. if i saw what the final situation of this product was & could obviously see most people were going to be big time losers, i dunno if i could work at that company. its not like buying $50 in lottery tickets and getting $5 back, this is charging $1250 with judging from the cards shown so far will have a high chance of losing about 75% of it.
Morally wrong? How is opening a $1000 box of cards and making a 50% return any different to doing the same with a $100 box (or 10 x $100 boxes for that matter). If this is morally wrong then every product all the way down to Hoops is morally wrong and the whole industry needs to be shut down.

It's for this reason that opening a box of cards should never be viewed as an "investment".
jj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #159 (permalink)
Banned

out of my league at that price!!

Ill focus on buying singles rather than busting.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #160 (permalink)
Banned

I'm guessing it will be a tough product on the secondary market.

I can't see many straight auctions listed with the price of the box. I'd imagine a lot of high BIN prices with sellers not wanting to come down.
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
I'm guessing it will be a tough product on the secondary market.

I can't see many straight auctions listed with the price of the box. I'd imagine a lot of high BIN prices with sellers not wanting to come down.
If this is the case, then it will only drive up singles prices...

Die-hard player collectors will be in bidding wars after the very few cards that do show up in regular auction style...
LeonfromNC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #162 (permalink)

Anyone that waits a couple weeks to pick up these cards has a greater chance of saving money... Well be lucky to see this before the season starts...

Now about that Jordan and Lebron photoshop... nasty!
bayzhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:17 PM   #163 (permalink)

I'm hoping this is just the beginning. Will be fun to watch this stuff be opened. I just wish it was less green and red foil, more gold/silver. But to each his own
Old 09-06-2013, 12:00 AM   #164 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Honestly, it doesn't matter what the price is because the production is so limited ...

For example, NT Boxes have risen in price since release (simply because of supply / demand) and the Value / Box wasn't even that amazing ... Flawless might have 1/5 the Production of NT, so again at any price point, it will be either sold out at different places or quantity so low that prices will remain high
MavsRChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:01 AM   #165 (permalink)

I have to say, I usually am a guy who does NOT buy cases, and I really try to stay away from the $500+ a pack products. I only bought one box of NT basketball and football, and like to put the rest of my money in singles. That said, I REALLY love the look of this product. I don't agree with most about the simple designs, white backgrounds. I think overly complicated designs are often ugly, especially when not executed perfectly. I think the clean cards look great and I like the minor foil accents. This product likely won't return the value, but the cards look so good I could see being happy to have them in my collection, just for the thrill of opening a pack. It's hard for me to believe I feel this way, but I can see myself buying a box of this stuff.
rj.cataldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:08 AM   #166 (permalink)

FANTASTIC LOOKING CARDS!!! LOVING THE DESIGN

-Brandon

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) I am the proud 3 time recipient of Blowout's Jester of the Year Award (Funniest Member of the Year) - 2011, 2012, 2013
brandonlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #167 (permalink)

So I know everyone seems to love Immaculate. I don't dislike. It has some absolutely awesome patches and some really AWESOME cards. Essentially you are paying about $95-$100 per hit in Immaculate. If Flawless is $1250, you're paying about $140 per hit. That's $40 more per hit for all on-card autographs, nicer looking cards and a better checklist. Plus the 2 base card in Immaculate will essentially be worthless while the 1 you get in Flawless should have significant value. Maybe I'm crazy, but that doesn't seem too out of whack to me.
usualsuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:33 AM   #168 (permalink)

Gorgeous , what NT should have looked like.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:37 AM   #169 (permalink)

I have been thinking about this...

There has to be another wave of photos coming...

There has to be a logoman every case or something..

I think that has to be it
Ginter Rip cards...
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #170 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
I have been thinking about this...

There has to be another wave of photos coming...

There has to be a logoman every case or something..

I think that has to be it
Maybe they are throwing in 8 printing plates per pack!!!!
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #171 (permalink)

Does any one knows how many cases would be produced?
So Panini could Justify this price!
Very surprised by this released.
I thought NT would be the highest Product.
Guess Panini have something in their sleeve.

Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:17 AM   #172 (permalink)

Going ahead and calling it now. Cut autos of the Pistol and Wilt. Perhaps they have some players who dont normally sign that will be in here. Duncan, Barkley or Ewing?
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/jdetter23
Tarheelsfan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #173 (permalink)

Well the price is too crazy, but the product is so insane.
need cards:iverson 1997-1998 fleer ultra platinum #258 /100, iverson 1998-1999 skybox/fleer autographics black, iverson 1998-1999 skybox premium star rubies #31 /50
kenji003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:50 AM   #174 (permalink)

Maybe they'll come out with a 50% Groupon?
zebrastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:01 AM   #175 (permalink)

All of Immaculate and Flawless should hard signed. It's too pricey to be stickers. From what I heard from a LCS, Immaculate is all hard signed. I can only imagine Flawless will be all hard signed
Cardfather is offline   Reply With Quote