Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 02:10 AM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardfather View Post
All of Immaculate and Flawless should hard signed. It's too pricey to be stickers. From what I heard from a LCS, Immaculate is all hard signed. I can only imagine Flawless will be all hard signed
The sneak peak for Immaculate shows sticker autos.
hist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:13 AM   #177 (permalink)

Do you guys think it's wrong to have a ROY inscription on a RC card?

That means he signed after he won ROY after the season was over and then they still had to package up the product and ship it out. That's way too much time after the NBA player's "RC" season.

In addition to the price, they are releasing these products way too late. It seem the 13-14 season is going to begin before these are out.
hist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:18 AM   #178 (permalink)

I don't get it. It looks exactly like NT. Panini being lazy. Not surprising.
suki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:46 AM   #179 (permalink)

panini is obviously trying to make up for only having like 5 products in the strike season, so theyre putting out more than normal this season+. i would have to think that for their 13-14 season they will have less products. i cant blame them for making more than normal this past season because of only having 5 the previous season, even though it ends up having too many. but they better cut it back next season.

i think a good idea for panini if they wanna have immaculate or flawless every year to have one come out dec 1, the 2nd come out like march 1, and national treasures come out july 1. that would at least spread out their 3 top priced products and give them time to be appreciated. right now, whichever comes out first, flawless or immaculate, is gonna sap interest and they are just going to compete with each other for attention when both deserve a big spotlight.

i also think that lillard is really going to have to be amazing in season 2 for his cards not to go down big time. hes probably not going to average 30 points a game in his career & who knows about title runs, so hes most likely at the pinnacle of his collectibility right now, actually his peak probably wouldve been in dec-jan. cp3 & dwill are the 2 best pgs and their prices are nowhere near as high as you would think especially given they both play in huge markets now. lillard plays in portland and is more of a hybrid or sg. i hope he has a great season 2 but i think hes a terrible player to invest in for cards.
inopethflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:20 AM   #180 (permalink)

fail.......
cardozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:35 AM   #181 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardfather View Post
All of Immaculate and Flawless should hard signed. It's too pricey to be stickers. From what I heard from a LCS, Immaculate is all hard signed. I can only imagine Flawless will be all hard signed
I believe the Lilliard logoman was a sticker.. But it could just be a mock up. But I'm guessing immaculate is going to be some stickers.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:30 AM   #182 (permalink)

Maybe the pistol Pete laundry tag will be in flawless? 2 prime patches in gs. None in nt.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #183 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gregnice37 Send a message via MSN to gregnice37 Send a message via Yahoo to gregnice37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennox.p View Post
... and a lot of todays superstars and big name legends.

well we just saw one preview, let's se what we will get.

as a collector it's not allways about jordan. because i do not think about $$$ when i'm holding my cards, i rather have a lakers legend auto patch then a jordan au. i know must of the modern collectors are all about the money!!
Exactly, I do feel the price is a bit out of hand, but honestly, I couldn't care less about it not having mj or lebron autos because I don't collect either and I do t feel its a must to have an auto of either of them either in my pc. I'd actually rather have a Durant auto than Jordan.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #184 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inopethflames View Post
panini is obviously trying to make up for only having like 5 products in the strike season, so theyre putting out more than normal this season+. i would have to think that for their 13-14 season they will have less products. i cant blame them for making more than normal this past season because of only having 5 the previous season, even though it ends up having too many. but they better cut it back next season.

i think a good idea for panini if they wanna have immaculate or flawless every year to have one come out dec 1, the 2nd come out like march 1, and national treasures come out july 1. that would at least spread out their 3 top priced products and give them time to be appreciated. right now, whichever comes out first, flawless or immaculate, is gonna sap interest and they are just going to compete with each other for attention when both deserve a big spotlight.

i also think that lillard is really going to have to be amazing in season 2 for his cards not to go down big time. hes probably not going to average 30 points a game in his career & who knows about title runs, so hes most likely at the pinnacle of his collectibility right now, actually his peak probably wouldve been in dec-jan. cp3 & dwill are the 2 best pgs and their prices are nowhere near as high as you would think especially given they both play in huge markets now. lillard plays in portland and is more of a hybrid or sg. i hope he has a great season 2 but i think hes a terrible player to invest in for cards.

I agree with you. I actually think they were planning on stopping towards the end, but struck the deal with Leaf for Lillard. I think they realized they had a very small window to use that for their advantage, so they came out with 2 more high-end products. I bet we see a huge cutback next year, with a lot of the new, useless products dropped. The double rookie class was solely used to pump as many products as they can out. Next year, I bet we see a lot less products and hopefully, better quality as well.
NJNets24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #185 (permalink)

haha... there's no doubt Panini management roams these boards, and it's a good thing because they're listening to collectors (even though we'll never be truly satisfied), every single patch window in this set is bordered just like several threads mentioned!

the sad part is they're charging an arm and a leg to give the collectors what they want! We've complained about game-used jerseys, Panini delivered, we pay the mark up. We've complained about on-card auto's, Panini delivered, we pay the mark up. We've complained about better designs with more foil and other materials used, Panini delivered, we pay the mark up. Sucks for the boxbreakers and casebreakers. Great for the singles people.

In my opinion, these look great. Really really great. I'm just not sure a Box Hit or a Case Hit can really justify the price for me at this point in time.

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/atothelo88/
AtotheLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #186 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnice37 View Post
Exactly, I do feel the price is a bit out of hand, but honestly, I couldn't care less about it not having mj or lebron autos because I don't collect either and I do t feel its a must to have an auto of either of them either in my pc. I'd actually rather have a Durant auto than Jordan.
With MJ or Lebron in the box, you increase your chance to obatin a KD auto (i.e. You can pull a MJ auto and sell it to get 3 Durant autos.) However, you can't do that when you pull Jameer Nelson..... What players in the box is very important.

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #187 (permalink)

anyone heard if their shop is getting allocated some? talk to chris and dan, they dont have info yet...
benz35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #188 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtotheLo View Post
haha... there's no doubt Panini management roams these boards, and it's a good thing because they're listening to collectors (even though we'll never be truly satisfied), every single patch window in this set is bordered just like several threads mentioned!

the sad part is they're charging an arm and a leg to give the collectors what they want! We've complained about game-used jerseys, Panini delivered, we pay the mark up. We've complained about on-card auto's, Panini delivered, we pay the mark up. We've complained about better designs with more foil and other materials used, Panini delivered, we pay the mark up. Sucks for the boxbreakers and casebreakers. Great for the singles people.

In my opinion, these look great. Really really great. I'm just not sure a Box Hit or a Case Hit can really justify the price for me at this point in time.
I totally agree!
Same thing on UD products if you pull a lebron james auto you get even.
You pull a jordan auto you get more for the price of the box.
I only hope that Panini would include Printing Plates thatvare signed this time!

Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinoymamba View Post
I totally agree!
Same thing on UD products if you pull a lebron james auto you get even.
You pull a jordan auto you get more for the price of the box.
I only hope that Panini would include Printing Plates thatvare signed this time!
What about Kobe Anthology NNO#2?

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #190 (permalink)

Sure the pack is super expensive and way out of my price range, but so was NT. People loved NT, they spent $1800 on a cases left and right, for just 30 cards. With the "pack hits" it seems to be the same thing here, you just get less cards, but better cards. Personally I don't like how its so expensive, blah blah, its all been said. But since people usually just buy cases instead of just boxes of high end stuff, to guarantee themselves the case hit, buying a box of this or a case of NT really isn't that much different. Is it?
B_Z_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #191 (permalink)

Panini tweeted that Flawless and Immaculate are both sold out. That didn't take long.
byronscott4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #192 (permalink)

Buy buy buy! Sell sell sell! What's the full checklist? We don't know, don't care. We don't want to miss out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by byronscott4ever View Post
Panini tweeted that Flawless and Immaculate are both sold out. That didn't take long.
WaiverWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #193 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Buy buy buy! Sell sell sell! What's the full checklist? We don't know, don't care. We don't want to miss out!
no fantastic store draft your box yet???
benz35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:48 AM   #194 (permalink)

isn't it possible that the base cards are numbered to, let's say, /99, with one exception (how about michael beasley) being numbered to /20, and that's why there's only a maximum of 20 base sets...
Old 09-07-2013, 01:57 AM   #195 (permalink)

-At least 1 Kobe Bryant, Kyrie Irving or Kevin Durant Autograph per case!

-At least 4 Autograph Patches per case!

-At least 1 Inscription Autograph per case!

-Look for autographs from Vince Carter, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Scottie Pippen, Karl Malone, Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Anfernee Hardaway, Shaquille O'Neal, Yao Ming, Gary Payton, Julius Erving, Grant Hill and more!

-Find Jumbo Patches of Grant Hill, Reggie Lewis, Magic Johnson, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Chris Paul, Allen Iverson, Dwyane Wade, Jeremy Lin, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Dirk Nowitzki, Dwight Howard, LeBron James, Alonzo Mourning, Karl Malone, Wilt Chamberlain, Shaquille O'Neal, David Robinson, Larry Bird, John Stockton, Pete Maravich, Hakeem Olajuwon, Patrick Ewing and more!

-True 1/1 Parallels of EVERY CARD falling nearly 1 per case.
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:06 AM   #196 (permalink)

Very Enticing!
Sold out!
Wow!
The boxes prices will surely go even higher now!

Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:28 AM   #197 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
-At least 1 Kobe Bryant, Kyrie Irving or Kevin Durant Autograph per case!

-At least 4 Autograph Patches per case!

-At least 1 Inscription Autograph per case!

-Look for autographs from Vince Carter, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Scottie Pippen, Karl Malone, Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Anfernee Hardaway, Shaquille O'Neal, Yao Ming, Gary Payton, Julius Erving, Grant Hill and more!

-Find Jumbo Patches of Grant Hill, Reggie Lewis, Magic Johnson, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Chris Paul, Allen Iverson, Dwyane Wade, Jeremy Lin, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Dirk Nowitzki, Dwight Howard, LeBron James, Alonzo Mourning, Karl Malone, Wilt Chamberlain, Shaquille O'Neal, David Robinson, Larry Bird, John Stockton, Pete Maravich, Hakeem Olajuwon, Patrick Ewing and more!

-True 1/1 Parallels of EVERY CARD falling nearly 1 per case.
Fark! More money I need for the endless supply of Paytons this year. Is doing my head in!
Verse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:11 AM   #198 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Wow, quick, rush to buy your cases so you might be able to get a Vince Carter auto!!

Surely, surely at this price point there would be at least a Kyrie, Durant or Kobe per case, with other players being already in there...

How many boxes per case??
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:18 AM   #199 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Wow, quick, rush to buy your cases so you might be able to get a Vince Carter auto!!

Surely, surely at this price point there would be at least a Kyrie, Durant or Kobe per case, with other players being already in there...

Found a site at $2700 a case, so sounds like 2 boxes a case.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:29 AM   #200 (permalink)
jj2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post

Isn't that exactly what the post #195 says?
jj2 is online now   Reply With Quote