Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 03:57 AM   #201 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2 View Post
Isn't that exactly what the post #195 says?
Yeah... don't really have an excuse for that one. I've only just started tonight's drinking... Misread it and was wrong, my apologies.

I do like the idea of this product, I just feel the value just isn't there. Are there any major monster cards (like a 6-player logoman....)?
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:04 AM   #202 (permalink)

I have a feeling the monster cards are yet to be announced or posted on Panini's blog. when you set a new standard for price per box, there has to be something more than what has been shown so far. i mean, a lot of logoman cards from NT won't even cover a box price of Flawless, so what they've shown so far has collectors looking at a loss per box unless they guarantee something more.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #203 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gregnice37 Send a message via MSN to gregnice37 Send a message via Yahoo to gregnice37

Would people be happy if they somehow managed to get Lebrons contract to sign? Or would it have to be lebron and jordan?
Old 09-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #204 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnice37 View Post
Would people be happy if they somehow managed to get Lebrons contract to sign? Or would it have to be lebron and jordan?
Ha! No! They would probably be even more angry, as Panini would not only flood the market, but totally kill the value of LeBron's auto. Actually, if they even produce only 1 card, a 1/1 auto, it will still be flooding the market and killing the value. Why? Because the Panini logo would be on it.
NJNets24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #205 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
That sounds different to:

"Absolutely Flawless!
National Treasures Move Over! This will be King!
Thank you for the historic year of releases Panini!
This will be the perfect end to a run of perfect products!
Thanks Tracy!"

Exactly how many Pinoy-named people are there that simply adore Panini??
Hahahah I don't adore Panini! I just don't have any choice. If I wanted to have a card of Kenneth Faried I have to buy Panini product. If I wanted to buy Dennis Rodman cards I stick to the old school brands like Topps, UD and Fleer. This product is flawlessly hyped and dump because of the high price they paid Lillard to sign for them.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #206 (permalink)

The matter is.. PANINI. does not really cares if the card is awesome, if the card comes true all the wet dreams of the collector, if the card is a game worn jersey with the exact date of the game... Sometimes seem that the problem is only name, for some people "panini".

This is ridiculous.

The aesthetics of the flawless cards is one of the best designs ever; if you don´t like the name panini, this is other problem..

Last edited by airball; 09-07-2013 at 08:11 AM.
airball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #207 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJNets24 View Post
Ha! No! They would probably be even more angry, as Panini would not only flood the market, but totally kill the value of LeBron's auto. Actually, if they even produce only 1 card, a 1/1 auto, it will still be flooding the market and killing the value. Why? Because the Panini logo would be on it.
Your hatred for UD really has you posting nonsense...

I would love to see Lebron autos in Heat uniform. I would just not like to see 4 or more different kinds in each of 30 products released in a season.......

Moderation.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #208 (permalink)

How many products were released last year?

Only 5..
airball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #209 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcwd2000 View Post
It's like National Treasures series two.
same thing I thought
Soonerfan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #210 (permalink)

sorry rong board
benz35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #211 (permalink)

I just called my LCS about something and we started talking about Flawless. ( I asked)

He is not ordering any of it because the value is not there for a $1250 direct cost to him. And he orders huge quantities of all high end.

I wish I knew how many cases they are making. The only reason I would buy one is to keep it sealed because of its rarity. No way to tell that unless the numbers and final checklist come out. Until then Buyer Beware!!!
Never Forget 9/11, Be Diligent and Safe!

Last edited by Vintage Collector; 09-07-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Vintage Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #212 (permalink)

Quote:

I would love to see Lebron autos in Heat uniform. I would just not like to see 4 or more different kinds in each of 30 products released in a season.......

Moderation.
I don't have hatred for UD. Nor do I love Panini. What I do hate are people who complain about every little thing about one company, yet ignore the other company who did the same crap and most of the time, was even worse. What I'm saying is, UD had LeBron and MJ autos in every product. And they are pumping them out still, yet no one complains. But Panini uses their huge exclusive, Kobe, and it's flooding the market. Why is that different? You honestly believe that if Panini got LeBron, everyone here would celebrate? Seriously? Everyone would complain that they're going to flood the market and you really can't say they won't.
NJNets24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #213 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Moderation.
You had no problems with that in 2003 when UD released 30 products with Lebron autos in every single product known to mankind. Why the double standard?

Upper Deck
Black Diamond
Finite
Hardcourt
Honor Roll
Legends
MVP
Phenomenal Beginnings
Rookie Exclusives
Standing O
Triple Dimensions
Victory
Lebron James Box set
Playmakers
Top prospects
SPX
Sp Authentic
Ultimate
Exquisite
SP Game used

Im sure I missed some. All of which had Lebron autos

Last edited by Orangejello727; 09-07-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #214 (permalink)

The limited amount of boxes makes no difference to some people because not all the cards in this product are going to be for a PC (you never know when the sticker auto makes it's appearance).... Singles will sell high at first but that price will go down when case busters think they could make a penny off the inevitable inflated single card prices... NT Round 2 here we go!
bayzhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #215 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
-At least 1 Kobe Bryant, Kyrie Irving or Kevin Durant Autograph per case!

-At least 4 Autograph Patches per case!

-At least 1 Inscription Autograph per case!

-Look for autographs from Vince Carter, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Scottie Pippen, Karl Malone, Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Anfernee Hardaway, Shaquille O'Neal, Yao Ming, Gary Payton, Julius Erving, Grant Hill and more!

-Find Jumbo Patches of Grant Hill, Reggie Lewis, Magic Johnson, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Chris Paul, Allen Iverson, Dwyane Wade, Jeremy Lin, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Dirk Nowitzki, Dwight Howard, LeBron James, Alonzo Mourning, Karl Malone, Wilt Chamberlain, Shaquille O'Neal, David Robinson, Larry Bird, John Stockton, Pete Maravich, Hakeem Olajuwon, Patrick Ewing and more!

-True 1/1 Parallels of EVERY CARD falling nearly 1 per case.
Where did you get this info from? Is that from Panini?
estebahn73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #216 (permalink)

let's assume a 100 card base set and 2 base cards per box. I'm assuming there are parallel base cards, but since the base set itself is already limited to 20, they won't affect this estimate too much. so by my estimate about 1000 ish boxes. Now, no card in numbered higher than 25, so let's assume that is the exact number of RPMs each player has. IMO, the only cards that will be worth even close to $1250 are the three top rookies, lillard, Irving, and davis. So that is 75 of their RPMs in total, not including other insert autos they have in this set. only 75 of the 1000 boxes will make 100%+ their money back. that is 7.5%
assuming their are those few boxes with multiple decent cards, let's move that number up to 10%. Those odds are crazy. if there is only 1 base card per pack then it is even worse.

and i've even given a lot of leeway since i'm not 100% sure, but i'm guessing this is a good start.

The only way i see this being a great product, even better than national treasures, if 25% of the boxes had autographed logomans, even though that would water down the value of logomans (seeing NT though, i don't think this product will have many if any logomans).

BTW, i don't think the emerald embedded cards will be worth much, maybe the diamonds, but still not anything near $1250.

I love you panini, but this is the kind of product that should only upper deck should come up with (yes i took a swing at UD, sue me)
Old 09-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #217 (permalink)

The base cards may carry more value than people think. It only takes 1 or 2 set builders to keep the prices really high. Only 20 possible base sets. Some if the base cards may sell for $100. Don't forget about Kawhi, Barnes, Kemba. Those will have really high values too. I am totally making an assumption here but, those top RCs Kyrie, Davis, Lillard , will make NT prices look elementary. I've got 2 cases coming and I'm stoked.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #218 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingdc View Post
I have a feeling the monster cards are yet to be announced or posted on Panini's blog. when you set a new standard for price per box, there has to be something more than what has been shown so far. i mean, a lot of logoman cards from NT won't even cover a box price of Flawless, so what they've shown so far has collectors looking at a loss per box unless they guarantee something more.
i think their big "chase" is supposed to be the diamond studded card, which imo, won't be worth much (at least the average and slightly above average players)

idk, panini trying to squeeze as much money out of us as possible.

we'll have to find out and see they do with it
Old 09-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #219 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyfluffei View Post
i think their big "chase" is supposed to be the diamond studded card, which imo, won't be worth much (at least the average and slightly above average players)

idk, panini trying to squeeze as much money out of us as possible.

we'll have to find out and see they do with it
Well mid end stars from 2013 Momentum Football with and imbedded diamond sell for $100-$150. That's a $175/box product. And those cards are /5.

In This product they will be 1/1, $1250/box and BASKETBALL. They could sell for $500, $1000. Who knows.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #220 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Collector View Post
I just called my LCS about something and we started talking about Flawless. ( I asked)

He is not ordering any of it because the value is not there for a $1250 direct cost to him. And he orders huge quantities of all high end.

I wish I knew how many cases they are making. The only reason I would buy one is to keep it sealed because of its rarity. No way to tell that unless the numbers and final checklist come out. Until then Buyer Beware!!!
450 cases which equals to 900 boxes will be made...
LeonfromNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #221 (permalink)

"Flawless" exactly right...except for one thing, the dang price
did panini not see the irony in this?

I'm going to say that the price of this product will go up simply for the fact that it is going to be extremely scarce. 9/10 buyers will wish they had just bought some NT singles over a box of this. Fun fact! you can get an lebron, MJ, and Kobe auto for less than a box of flawless.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #222 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyfluffei View Post
"Flawless" exactly right...except for one thing, the dang price
did panini not see the irony in this?

I'm going to say that the price of this product will go up simply for the fact that it is going to be extremely scarce. 9/10 buyers will wish they had just bought some NT singles over a box of this. Fun fact! you can get an lebron, MJ, and Kobe auto for less than a box of flawless.
What do you think the Lillard diamond 1/1 will be worth, if there is one.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #223 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
450 cases which equals to 900 boxes will be made...
Source....?

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/atothelo88/
AtotheLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #224 (permalink)

Wow, i bet this is a hit. Plenty of deep pocketed basketball collectors whether it be here or overseas. The hype the basketball card market lives on will make this legendary just because of price alone.

Limited case production makes this incredible.
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #225 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojallad View Post
What do you think the Lillard diamond 1/1 will be worth, if there is one.
i would guess at least 1000, we'll have to see hoe popular they are. could be more, could be less. I mean, we don't even know if he autographed the card or not or even what the cards look like lol