Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,814
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Anyone else notice how when OJ's wrongness is pointed out he disappears? What's the word.... Coward.
Maybe you need to go shave, angry fella.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #52 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Anyone else notice how when OJ's wrongness is pointed out he disappears? What's the word.... Coward.
I dont disappear. I just have other things to do with my time instead of falling for your pathetic traps of stick poking and then running to mods to report me. Im not dumb. Like celebrating my fathers bday the other night. Tonight I was busy with night school.

You dont even collect cards. You dont buy or sell. You hate everything. There has never been a single positive comment from you on these forums. Its safe to say you hate life probably.

This conversation ended as soon as I gave you a link to show you that a David Noel exquisite card sold for $2. But you cant accept it. You cant accept that the point I was making is that the main reason why UD products were successful is because of MJ and Lebron.

Do you honestly think Exquisite could rake in $500+ a box without MJ and Lebron when it came out? Do you really think NT couldnt pull off $500 a box without MJ and Lebron?

We give you example of successful products and all you do is go nuts pulling your hair and acting like a tough guy.

The simple fact is you CANNOT handle the fact that design comes down to personal taste and that like a bunghole.... everyone has one. Until you realize that not everyone wants what you want, you can never understand why Panini is able to sell products and designs you may not like. Because this world doesnt revolve around what simpletons like you want and like.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,464
Default

So did the kid ever rip the box? Less internet beef, more box ripping please!
GC1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
thepinoymamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,631
Default

Lol. Wow. The truth came out loud and clear. I notice it to. So sad.
__________________


Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,494
Default

Again with Mr Negativity haha I just laugh and OP if you bust it i would love to see it on video.
Exquisite Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 12,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exquisite Man View Post
Again with Mr Negativity haha I just laugh and OP if you bust it i would love to see it on video.
More like mr. Truth! And mr. Fact!

Don't you think everyone laughs at your grammar? You might want to look in the mirror first before you laugh. also, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it at all.

Carry on.
__________________
Collecting: 76ers | NBA 50 Greatest GU | Elgin Baylor | Steve Francis 1999-00 year ONLY

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I dont disappear. I just have other things to do with my time instead of falling for your pathetic traps of stick poking and then running to mods to report me. Im not dumb. Like celebrating my fathers bday the other night. Tonight I was busy with night school.

You dont even collect cards. You dont buy or sell. You hate everything. There has never been a single positive comment from you on these forums. Its safe to say you hate life probably.

This conversation ended as soon as I gave you a link to show you that a David Noel exquisite card sold for $2. But you cant accept it. You cant accept that the point I was making is that the main reason why UD products were successful is because of MJ and Lebron.

Do you honestly think Exquisite could rake in $500+ a box without MJ and Lebron when it came out? Do you really think NT couldnt pull off $500 a box without MJ and Lebron?

We give you example of successful products and all you do is go nuts pulling your hair and acting like a tough guy.

The simple fact is you CANNOT handle the fact that design comes down to personal taste and that like a bunghole.... everyone has one. Until you realize that not everyone wants what you want, you can never understand why Panini is able to sell products and designs you may not like. Because this world doesnt revolve around what simpletons like you want and like.
You don't disappear? You were busy with school? You were online for two more hours after that post, yet you conveniently didn't come back to this after being pointed out how foolish you are, yet again.

I would only report a post that was necessary. You may post the most idiotic things, but unless you swear at me there isn't any need to report you. I do still collect cards (and jerseys), and I assure you not every single post of mine is negative, but just like everything else you choose to ignore the truth...

You also didn't add a link to the Noel selling for $2 until well after, so that's a pathetic argument!!

Honestly, no, Exquisite would have probably sunk without MJ or Lebron. NT is a different animal because it (was) the highest end licensed product available these days. That's not the case anymore though.

Where did you give me successful products? You just criticized Exquisite for having MJ and Lebron. Yet again, joining a thread to post irrelevant things at irrelevant times.

Keep going, I'm really enjoying seeing how you'll go off tangent and talk about something else unrelated to the conversation next...
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:56 AM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
thepinoymamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,631
Default

Negative ×negative = positive. So maybe you need two accounts lol.
__________________


Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:29 AM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinoymamba View Post
Negative ×negative = positive. So maybe you need two accounts lol.
Sure, what should I call my other one? PinoyKD35? PinoyPaniniIsAmazing?

I asked you to stay out of this, yet you can't help yourself.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:40 AM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
WillC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 6,763
Default

The card below is better looking than any card ever produced by Panini. And it's a card of James Johnson for Christ's sake.

Let's just face facts: Upper Deck designed much nicer cards than Panini. It has nothing to do with the player checklist and everything to do with card design.

WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:22 AM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
verona's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
The card below is better looking than any card ever produced by Panini. And it's a card of James Johnson for Christ's sake.

Let's just face facts: Upper Deck designed much nicer cards than Panini. It has nothing to do with the player checklist and everything to do with card design.

Yes, right man!!
__________________
I'm looking for any 09-10 Exquisite!! let me know if you have some!!
Thanks
verona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:34 AM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 8,278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
If I post a david noel exquisite card, will you tell me it looks unbelievable as well? You're a joke
I think you're mistaking card design for the player on the actual card.

A noble nameplates jumbo logo jersey auto of David Noel (hypothetically) is no less as beautiful than a Michael Jordan from the same set. They both have the same design. But of course Noel will be less 'desirable' because of his name...I think that is overtly obvious...and holds true for any baseball card/set made in the history of mankind (obviously the player on the card dictates it's value relative to others in the set).
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:48 AM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
I think you're mistaking card design for the player on the actual card.

A noble nameplates jumbo logo jersey auto of David Noel (hypothetically) is no less as beautiful than a Michael Jordan from the same set. They both have the same design. But of course Noel will be less 'desirable' because of his name...I think that is overtly obvious...and holds true for any baseball card/set made in the history of mankind (obviously the player on the card dictates it's value relative to others in the set).
And everybody knows his argument is ridiculous, a point that nobody was arguing anyway...

Comes into a thread about busting a box of 08-09 Exquisite.
Declares that Exquisite would "look like garbage" without Jordan or Lebron, an utterly ridiculous statement.
When confronted about the 'look' of Exquisite not relying on those players, he brings up a scrub player, then afterwards shows a link to one selling cheap. Again, irrelevant to how it could "look like garbage".
Backed up by another fool who follows him around agreeing with anything he says.

So yeah, everybody feels the same as what you have posted above, except a couple of lunatics who like to argue for the sake of it.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #64 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 665
Default

So is this box gonna be busted or ??????
ASAPPORKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #65 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Nah, nothing from Panini comes close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
If you took away MJ and Lebron exclusive deals from UD, their product would look like garbage no matter how much emphasis they put on glitter and shiny stuff for you guys to go googly eyed over.

All that basketball needs is a player to blow up and create hype. Itll bring excitement back into the hobby. We need a black or a lin explosion this coming year, that way we can watch people bust product from this past year like no ones business!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
I think you're mistaking card design for the player on the actual card.

A noble nameplates jumbo logo jersey auto of David Noel (hypothetically) is no less as beautiful than a Michael Jordan from the same set. They both have the same design. But of course Noel will be less 'desirable' because of his name...I think that is overtly obvious...and holds true for any baseball card/set made in the history of mankind (obviously the player on the card dictates it's value relative to others in the set).
I cant believe im going to go through this and explain it to you as that hairy guy is just trolling for a fight at every corner we turn.

Tristan had comment that nothing comes close from Panini. I made a comment to reference that comment in saying that the reason why certain people dont believe panini puts out anything close is because their subjective view of MJ and Lebron. Those two player autos can easily turn any set into a winning set just from stardom alone. The card wouldnt have to even look great. It could be a piece of dump but having MJ auto in the set would turn it into a highly collectable set.

From there hairy takes off on a journey through the mountains picking up cherries and rebutting comments that he cant comprehend. I then state that design on the any card is a subjective matter that just because you find it to be good looking doesnt mean that someone else does and vice versa. But that theory goes out the window when you talking UD lemmings. They cannot handle the fact that everyone has different tastes. Instead they get frustrated and start telling themselves that ONLY UD cards can be good and that there is noway in this world that any card could ever be better than their UD cards. So instead of taking up my challenge to show that there instances where Panini cards looks better, sell better and have the same dump players on checklist, they choose to fight instead and knock my character. Thats exactly what cowards do when they fight. Thats called leg sweeping. WHen you cant win a debate fair and square you sweep the legs with jabs at character.

I still challenge you. I challenge a few people in this thread that have stated that Panini cannot make anything on the level of UD. I can easily discount that comment with a subjective opinion. But it wouldnt matter because when UD fanboys have their mindset stuck on "Only UD can ever be best" you cant debate with that.

The David Noel example was based on player quality deceiving people into thinking a set is not successful because its not designed well, well in reality is the quality of players that is killing the set itself.

Like I stated, put MJ or a lebron auto/path into most sets and they would be deemed a good looking set. Too bad some are in denial of that.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #66 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
The card below is better looking than any card ever produced by Panini. And it's a card of James Johnson for Christ's sake.

Let's just face facts: Upper Deck designed much nicer cards than Panini. It has nothing to do with the player checklist and everything to do with card design.

That card design is a copy of 2003. You cry and whine that Panini recycles design, then you commend UD for doing it. Hypocrisy at its best.

Here is a simple common rookie that looks much better than your James Johnson done by Panini.




If you think that JJ is better looking than this Cory, Im sorry but you either are blind or have some extremely biased taste.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
realreodeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,021
Default

OJ must have mixed some vodka into his drink because he has no idea what is even being debated.

Showing a RC Patch Auto and comparing it to a non patch card is not like comparing "oranges to oranges"
__________________
Piston 4 Life.

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr27/realreodeal/
realreodeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #68 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realreodeal View Post
OJ must have mixed some vodka into his drink because he has no idea what is even being debated.

Showing a RC Patch Auto and comparing it to a non patch card is not like comparing "oranges to oranges"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
The card below is better looking than any card ever produced by Panini. And it's a card of James Johnson for Christ's sake.

Let's just face facts: Upper Deck designed much nicer cards than Panini. It has nothing to do with the player checklist and everything to do with card design.
Please hater.. Please read the highlighted piece and tell us what it says

Here is a rc auto that looks better than that JJ..


Last edited by Orangejello727; 09-21-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
realreodeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Please hater.. Please read the highlighted piece and tell us what it says

Here is a rc auto that looks better than that JJ..

But you said the look is subjective...Right? You are like a dog chasing his tail, just going around and around in a circle and never making any headway.
__________________
Piston 4 Life.

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr27/realreodeal/
realreodeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #70 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

But now you are showing scrub players?

So which is it? The players make the card or the design does?

I personally think the players have nothing to do with the design so that argument was quite weak to me. I mean Panini has Kobe and Durant and sure aren't producing their products anywhere near what UD was at times. Players don't make the cards beautiful.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
realreodeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,021
Default

Forget Exquisite and National Treasures for a second. Look at releases like Chronology, Premier, SPX, SP Authentic, Glass, Finite, SP Game Used, etc. Panini doesn't have anything in that stratosphere but they charge you like they do.
Does Flawless or Immaculate compare to any of those products?? I think not.
__________________
Piston 4 Life.

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr27/realreodeal/
realreodeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #72 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realreodeal View Post
But you said the look is subjective...Right? You are like a dog chasing his tail, just going around and around in a circle and never making any headway.
Ok I get it.. I see what you are saying..

UD lemmings are allowed to choose what design is best for everyone. But if anyone chooses something they like, its totally wrong if its not UD.

Thats a serious case of tunnel vision. I hope the demise of UD finally takes you guys out of the hobby good. This hobby needs a purge.

I just posted an NT Auto that looks much better than an exquisite auto and you just ignore it. Just admit it and stop being in denial. It looks much better. But you cannot accept that.

Im sorry that there is no UD left for you. I understand it hurts you so much that it has affected your life in such a negative way that you can longer take it. I dont know what to say? Maybe seeking professional help? Of course you and your bum buddies could bail UD out and pay their financial problems after defrauding the industry out of millions. Maybe that might help?

Last edited by Orangejello727; 09-21-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #73 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Please hater.. Please read the highlighted piece and tell us what it says

Here is a rc auto that looks better than that JJ..

These look far better than the Exquisites.

Sorry, but only about 35% of the Exquisite is a photo. Most of the card is white space. That's ugly
JoshHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 817
Default

Somebody is not taking his meds again
__________________
hychang5.webs.com
hychang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Ok I get it.. I see what you are saying..

UD lemmings are allowed to choose what design is best for everyone. But if anyone chooses something they like, its totally wrong if its not UD.

Thats a serious case of tunnel vision. I hope the demise of UD finally takes you guys out of the hobby good. This hobby needs a purge.

I just posted an NT Auto that looks much better than an exquisite auto and you just ignore it. Just admit it and stop being in denial. It looks much better. But you cannot accept that.

Im sorry that there is no UD left for you. I understand it hurts you so much that it has affected your life in such a negative way that you can longer take it. I dont know what to say? Maybe seeking professional help? Of course you and your bum buddies could bail UD out and pay their financial problems after defrauding the industry out of millions. Maybe that might help?
Ok I get it.. I see what you are saying..

Panini lemmings are allowed to choose what design is best for everyone. But if anyone chooses something they like, its totally wrong if its not Panini.

Thats a serious case of tunnel vision. I hope the demise of Panini finally takes you guys out of the hobby good. This hobby needs a purge.

I just posted an Exquisite Auto that looks much better than an NT auto and you just ignore it. Just admit it and stop being in denial. It looks much better. But you cannot accept that.



Please tell me you see the irony of your post.

Not going to comment on the opinion within it.
mrlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.