Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #76 (permalink)

The Cory Joseph National RPA and the Robert Sacre pile of crap look nowhere near as nice as the James Johnson Exquisite RC.

Just saying.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #77 (permalink)

Now This is why you need to open every single thread and read it. You might look at a title and think its not worth opening but then you might end up missing something special
elee712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Sure, what should I call my other one? PinoyKD35? PinoyPaniniIsAmazing?

I asked you to stay out of this, yet you can't help yourself.
You want me to stay out of it and then accusing me of different names.

How many times that I have to explain only one account of everything.

I dont hide. I have one YouTube, blog, twitter, justin tv, blowout, vaughnlive,

Just one of everything. I dont need to hide.

Just trying to say what mostly everyone notices.

Plus I just got your pm after I already said it. So how could I stay away when you pm me after

The fact and then accused me for your ignorance. What a true sad story as it may seemed.

We are here to enjoy the hobby. It just seems like you like to bully anything that disagree with

You. There is a point. The point is enjoy the hobby, please, your destroying the love of the

Hobby by all the negativity. Please check your self. Dont put down someone who loves the

Cards because you dont. Its a big big world and we are connected with one common

Love. The love of the hobby. So please. Just saying and dont take this the wrong

Way and try better to have the joy of the cards, if you don't have that then its time to stop

Collecting and let everyone that have the pure love and enthusiasm enjoy.

Stay cool and classy!

Eric.

Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinoymamba View Post

Plus I just got your pm after I already said it. So how could I stay away when you pm me after

The fact and then accused me for your ignorance. What a true sad story as it may seemed.

We are here to enjoy the hobby. It just seems like you like to bully anything that disagree with

You. There is a point. The point is enjoy the hobby, please, your destroying the love of the

Hobby by all the negativity. Please check your self. Dont put down someone who loves the

Cards because you dont. Its a big big world and we are connected with one common

Love. The love of the hobby. So please. Just saying and dont take this the wrong

Way and try better to have the joy of the cards, if you don't have that then its time to stop

Stay cool and classy!

Eric.
Eric, I think you need to take some of your own advice; please stop trying to promote Panini and bashing Upper Deck. Then others might follow your lead. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinoymamba View Post

Stay cool and classy!

Eric.
That's cool and all eric, but when I made my thread about being shorted a redemption by panini, and I was critical of them, that love you seem to exude disappeared quite quickly.

I've never said a word against you, but I'll never forget that comment, and because of that comment, I won't ever take a word of what you say at face value.
mrlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #81 (permalink)
Banned

Wait, is this the tard who posts on Panini's blog and constantly kisses their ass in every horrible product preview and box break?
JoshHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #82 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
Eric, I think you need to take some of your own advice; please stop trying to promote Panini and bashing Upper Deck. Then others might follow your lead. Thanks.
HAHAHAH someone who bashes Panini all day long asking another to stop bashing UD.

I love it. The Gonads on UD fanboys.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post
Wait, is this the tard who posts on Panini's blog and constantly kisses their ass in every horrible product preview and box break?
Yes, what gave it away?!
Old 09-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #84 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
The Cory Joseph National RPA and the Robert Sacre pile of crap look nowhere near as nice as the James Johnson Exquisite RC.

Just saying.
The JJ exquisite looks like a garbage thus the low ending price (Literally no demand of garbage design). Just saying!
Old 09-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
HAHAHAH someone who bashes Panini all day long asking another to stop bashing UD.

I love it. The Gonads on UD fanboys.
Strange. Could have sworn that I've been very positive about Panini cards, e.g. this thread I started about National Treasures: Stunning new National Treasures cards

And my comments in this thread about Flawless cards: Flawless First Look: Panini America Sneaks a Peek at New High-End Basketball Set

But hey, why overlook the facts if they don't suit your agenda, right?
Old 09-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
The JJ exquisite looks like a garbage thus the low ending price (Literally no demand of garbage design). Just saying!
Or maybe they sell for low prices because there is no demand for James Johnson and there's only a finite amount of money that collectors can spend, so why spend it on James Johnson?

The design itself is stunning. Only a blinkered Panini loving buffoon would disagree
Old 09-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #87 (permalink)
Banned

The only agenda being set here is the pump and dump. You have showcased your JJ a few times now. All we need now is a BST post selling the set. Reminds me of your russell pump. Pimp it in the hobby talk...gain momentum then BAM!! sell it in the BST after claiming it was your life long goal to obtain it!!

Dont like Panini, thats no problem. The rest of us do.
Dont like the hobby, thats no problem. The rest of us do.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
The only agenda being set here is the pump and dump. You have showcased your JJ a few times now. All we need now is a BST post selling the set. Reminds me of your russell pump. Pimp it in the hobby talk...gain momentum then BAM!! sell it in the BST after claiming it was your life long goal to obtain it!!

Dont like Panini, thats no problem. The rest of us do.
Dont like the hobby, thats no problem. The rest of us do.
Yeah, because I've sold so many of my Russell autos.... oh wait, no I haven't. I sold one out of about 10 of them because I received an irresistible offer. Jealous much?
Old 09-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #89 (permalink)

I miss Topps Chrome.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #90 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbox View Post
I miss Topps Chrome.
+1!!!!!!!!
The Fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fluffy View Post
+1!!!!!!!!
+ infinity!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #92 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
+ infinity!!!!!!!
+1 infinity and beyond!!!!!
The Fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #93 (permalink)

Thanks for posting that card Will, completely shows the hypocrisy (maybe not you so much) by everybody on this board. Everyone would agree that that JJ Exquisite card is beautiful, right? Now, if you removed the Exquisite and UD name, do you honestly believe everyone would say, now that is a beautiful card? Or would they say, that's nice but way too much white? You can't honestly tell me that people wouldn't say that. It has nothing to do with design, quality or anything else, it strictly has to do with name brand. Plain and simple.
NJNets24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJNets24 View Post
Thanks for posting that card Will, completely shows the hypocrisy (maybe not you so much) by everybody on this board. Everyone would agree that that JJ Exquisite card is beautiful, right? Now, if you removed the Exquisite and UD name, do you honestly believe everyone would say, now that is a beautiful card? Or would they say, that's nice but way too much white? You can't honestly tell me that people wouldn't say that. It has nothing to do with design, quality or anything else, it strictly has to do with name brand. Plain and simple.
All I know is that, in 2009, when I started collecting cards again and couldn't give a damn who produced my cards, I saw those Exquisite RCs and thought they were stunning.

The name 'Exquisite' didn't mean that much to me. The card features a beautiful font, stunning refractor-like photograph window, a suitable amount of space for the autograph (which contrasts nicely with the dark upper part of the card), appropriate amount of foil, etc.

It has nothing to do with 'brand' and everything to do with card design. It just so happens that Exquisite is the name of those beautifully designed cards. If they were called Collectors Choice, I'd still like them just as much.

When I showed my wife the James Johnson card when I got it in the post the other day, even she was impressed (and trust me, she couldn't give a damn about Panini or Upper Deck brands). When I told her it cost me $5 she couldn't believe it (admittedly partly because most of my cards cost much more than that and, by comparison, this might be the best looking one).

I don't recall her ever being impressed by the look of the Panini cards in my collection. Possibly Notable Nicknames. That's it though.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #95 (permalink)

Adding to the above, whenever I try to give Panini cards a chance, I have them in my collection for a few months and find it impossible to enjoy them. I try to convince myself that they are nice cards but, ultimately, there is always something that ruins them.

Whether's a sticker auto or a lack of foil or a crummy Panini logo, they just don't have the same flair as Upper Deck cards.

If people don't feel the same way, that is fine. It's just how I (and clearly dozens of other people) feel.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
All I know is that, in 2009, when I started collecting cards again and couldn't give a damn who produced my cards, I saw those Exquisite RCs and thought they were stunning.

The name 'Exquisite' didn't mean that much to me. The card features a beautiful font, stunning refractor-like photograph window, a suitable amount of space for the autograph (which contrasts nicely with the dark upper part of the card), appropriate amount of foil, etc.

It has nothing to do with 'brand' and everything to do with card design. It just so happens that Exquisite is the name of those beautifully designed cards. If they were called Collectors Choice, I'd still like them just as much.

When I showed my wife the James Johnson card when I got it in the post the other day, even she was impressed (and trust me, she couldn't give a damn about Panini or Upper Deck brands). When I told her it cost me $5 she couldn't believe it (admittedly partly because most of my cards cost much more than that and, by comparison, this might be the best looking one).

I don't recall her ever being impressed by the look of the Panini cards in my collection. Possibly Notable Nicknames. That's it though.
So you really believe that if you put a Panini logo on that Exquisite card, it would still look beautiful? As you said, you always find something wrong with a Panini card, so clearly it's not the card, design, or quality, it's the name. I mean, I hate Panini for bringing sticker autos into basketball because UD never, ever had sticker autos. How can you complain about one thing from a company, but completely ignore another? And what a shock you started collecting in 2009. You have such a great outlook of how the hobby has evolved over the years Give me a break. You came in, when UD was on the way out and all the collectors around were saying don't let the door hit you in ass. There's a reason why the NBA make it an exclusive contract and it's not because Panini was the most amazing company ever.
NJNets24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #97 (permalink)

how much does card design matter anyways in the grand scheme of this hobby?
If I were to rank why people collect/want the cards they do, I would think it would be -
1. Value
2. PC

and maybe a distant 3rd, Card design...maybe?

If a butt ugly looking card was worth a lot, I would think more people would want that card rather than an awesome looking card with unlimited circulation, only worth a buck.
elee712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:

Just saying.
Agreed...the Joseph isn't a fair comparison really with the patch but the Sacre isn't close IMO...
Nsingerma11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #99 (permalink)
Banned

Leave the high end brands out of it and panini isn't even close to what if put out
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Lol. Have you read the whole thread. Please do so you would not look so ignorant.

I even made ab apolology thread. So dont get me wrong.

Check all the facts first. I love Panini and all. But I do collect all cards from

Press pass, leaf, ud, topps, fleer, skybox,

Panini is the best for me especially their NBA uniforms. That is why I support them more. I

Rather have an authentic NBA professional card on my collection all day,

But if given the circumtances of ebay that you could snug a Magic, bird, kareem,

Autos for $20-25 I will click that button.

Its very simple buy what you like, and could afford, and are willing to risk

Enjoy the hobby, share the fun.

Stay cool,

Eric

Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote