Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #101 (permalink)

ah whats the topic again ?
benz35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fluffy View Post
+1 infinity and beyond!!!!!
+ Buzz, AND Woody!.....
Old 09-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #103 (permalink)

Can't make panini guys love exquisite and vice versa. Everyone has their own preferences.

I, personally, don't own any exquisite cards, but in my eyes they (when they had their nba license) were the best looking 'elite' cards made. The only year national treasures came close to me was Blake Griffin's rookie year (09-10 I believe?). This years was pretty nice as well. But the way UD integrated extensive use of gold and silver foil with crisp/bold colors to me made them the best of the 'flagship' cards. Panini has made other gorgeous 'non flagship' cards, however, like Silo's.

And I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that panini didn't derive inspiration from them...after all, NT and Flawless are nothing but extensions of Exquisite...and UD originated the 'handful of hand-packed, super thick stock cards' concept. All I hope is that Panini will continue to evolve and offer 'better' product as the years go on. Really that's all you can ask as a collector...but I have learned to steer clear of wax and focus solely on singles.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJNets24 View Post
So you really believe that if you put a Panini logo on that Exquisite card, it would still look beautiful? As you said, you always find something wrong with a Panini card, so clearly it's not the card, design, or quality, it's the name. I mean, I hate Panini for bringing sticker autos into basketball because UD never, ever had sticker autos. How can you complain about one thing from a company, but completely ignore another? And what a shock you started collecting in 2009. You have such a great outlook of how the hobby has evolved over the years Give me a break. You came in, when UD was on the way out and all the collectors around were saying don't let the door hit you in ass. There's a reason why the NBA make it an exclusive contract and it's not because Panini was the most amazing company ever.
I don't recall having the pleasure of chatting to you before, but you seem like an interesting character with some strong opinions.

I collected cards from 1992 to 2001. I then started collecting cards again in 2009. I apologise if my break from the hobby in some way offends of upsets you. It's interesting to note that you have zero feedback. Clearly a great 'collector'

As for the 2009-10 Exquisite RC, if Panini produced cards as nice as that I would commend them in the same way that I commended them for the few nice NT and Flawless cards that I've seen. However, the reality is that Panini don't make cards on the same level as Exquisite; they ruin their cards with ugly yellow Panini logos, boring fonts, a lack of foil, etc.

Panini are getting better, but come on, they're no Exquisite. There's no shame in that. I'm not sure why you're getting so angry about it.
WillC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #105 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz35 View Post
UD fanboys frothing at the mouth when they hear about a UD product that is no opened. Willing to trade their loved ones and lives for it.

I think one UD fanboy even mentioned selling his mother for it.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Can't make panini guys love exquisite and vice versa. Everyone has their own preferences.

I, personally, don't own any exquisite cards, but in my eyes they (when they had their nba license) were the best looking 'elite' cards made. The only year national treasures came close to me was Blake Griffin's rookie year (09-10 I believe?). This years was pretty nice as well. But the way UD integrated extensive use of gold and silver foil with crisp/bold colors to me made them the best of the 'flagship' cards. Panini has made other gorgeous 'non flagship' cards, however, like Silo's.And I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that panini didn't derive inspiration from them...after all, NT and Flawless are nothing but extensions of Exquisite...and UD originated the 'handful of hand-packed, super thick stock cards' concept. All I hope is that Panini will continue to evolve and offer 'better' product as the years go on. Really that's all you can ask as a collector...but I have learned to steer clear of wax and focus solely on singles.
I agree. Panini makes some nice cards. They make some good "clean" cards if you will like the Silhouettes. Exquisite had more eye popping cards in my opinion.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinoymamba View Post
You want me to stay out of it and then accusing me of different names.

How many times that I have to explain only one account of everything.

I dont hide. I have one YouTube, blog, twitter, justin tv, blowout, vaughnlive,

Just one of everything. I dont need to hide.

Just trying to say what mostly everyone notices.

Plus I just got your pm after I already said it. So how could I stay away when you pm me after

The fact and then accused me for your ignorance. What a true sad story as it may seemed.

We are here to enjoy the hobby. It just seems like you like to bully anything that disagree with

You. There is a point. The point is enjoy the hobby, please, your destroying the love of the

Hobby by all the negativity. Please check your self. Dont put down someone who loves the

Cards because you dont. Its a big big world and we are connected with one common

Love. The love of the hobby. So please. Just saying and dont take this the wrong

Way and try better to have the joy of the cards, if you don't have that then its time to stop

Collecting and let everyone that have the pure love and enthusiasm enjoy.

Stay cool and classy!

Eric.
Uh, yeah, I'm such a bully...?

Here is the part of the PM where I wasn't asking him to keep out of the beef with OJ:

"The only thing not to like about you is how you seem to be completely oblivious to the other side of the hobby (ie non-Panini) and you shoot it down, despite it being effectively the inspiration for most Panini stuff. I'm glad you like Panini, I'm glad you enjoy the hobby, however people get annoyed at you because you put down things like UD that you don't actually seem to have any experience with.

Keep being positive, that's great. Just try not to switch between supporting one thing, to criticizing another - that's when you come off looking like a fool."

And I'm not even going to bother answering all the new crap that OJ posted about. 'Oh damn I'm getting nailed, better change what I was saying and ask questions I wasn't actually asking'...

For the record, I'm not a fan of the Rookies like that James Johnson either...
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz35 View Post
Some people smashing their keyboards in frustration when they realize this has nothing to do with UD vs Panini, but just a need to establish dominance on the internetz boardz
Old 09-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #109 (permalink)

There are a lot of nonsensical posts in this thread. Just arguing to be arguing. I like some Panini products and I like some UD products. However, I prefer the UD cards in my collection to most Panini cards. It's just personal preference. I don't understand what there is to argue about here.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hychang5 View Post
Some people smashing their keyboards in frustration when they realize this has nothing to do with UD vs Panini, but just a need to establish dominance on the internetz boardz
Sounds about right.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #111 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

thepinoymamba only has one account. The person who created the other pinoy account was banned (both accounts).

As for the petty stuff, let it go. Is it worth it?
Old 09-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
I don't recall having the pleasure of chatting to you before, but you seem like an interesting character with some strong opinions.

I collected cards from 1992 to 2001. I then started collecting cards again in 2009. I apologise if my break from the hobby in some way offends of upsets you. It's interesting to note that you have zero feedback. Clearly a great 'collector'

As for the 2009-10 Exquisite RC, if Panini produced cards as nice as that I would commend them in the same way that I commended them for the few nice NT and Flawless cards that I've seen. However, the reality is that Panini don't make cards on the same level as Exquisite; they ruin their cards with ugly yellow Panini logos, boring fonts, a lack of foil, etc.

Panini are getting better, but come on, they're no Exquisite. There's no shame in that. I'm not sure why you're getting so angry about it.

You're missing my point. I'm not saying that Panini has put out a bunch of cards that rival Exquisite. What I'm saying is that if Panini put out that exact Exquisite card, people wouldn't say its amazing, people would nitpick everything on it. You can't tell me they wouldn't because they would. I don't have an issue with you, you actually seem like a good dude. I do take issue with people nitpicking things about one company and then completely ignoring things about another company. You guys constantly trash every Panini product they put out, yet ignore all the garbage products UD has put out. Every UD product had foil? All on card autos? Then why bring that up as a point against Panini? That's all I'm saying.

Majority of the products Panini puts out have a lot left to be desired. They put out products that have a chance to be really great and they often miss the boat. But UD put out a lot of crap products in their day. They had the worst customer service I have ever seen and they were an extremely shady company. They also introduced exclusive contracts, which pretty much ruined the basketball market for other companies. As you said, Panini has shown improvement in quality (foil, on card autos), actually listening to collectors, and improving their customer service. That's way more than UD had ever did, but yet, they still don't even stand a chance in your book or a lot of people's book strictly because of the company not the product they put out.

And if you want to check my feedback, you can check me out on HK, I'm the Nets collector over there. I don't deal on here, mainly because a lot of the people here are banned members from HK.
NJNets24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #113 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbox View Post
I miss Topps Anything.
Fixed for you.

Why is there a pissing match over opinions? To each their own.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8 View Post
Fixed for you.

True.

I miss Triple Threads too. Imagine if there was a D-Will Chrome superfractor though... Ugh.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #115 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
True.

I miss Triple Threads too. Imagine if there was a D-Will Chrome superfractor though... Ugh.
Triple Threads was awesome. That's probably what I miss most from Topps.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #116 (permalink)

Hey man did you open the box?
Exquisite Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #117 (permalink)

Everyone talking about Topps but ok one is saying anything about the sticker autos
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
thepinoymamba only has one account. The person who created the other pinoy account was banned (both accounts).

As for the petty stuff, let it go. Is it worth it?
Thanks for clarifying so the ignorants finally knows what is up!

There is nothing to hide. If you really watch our youtube channel.

We have all types of cards. PANINI, the great 90's which I love the most like skybox.

Leaf, UD, etc.

Definitely preferred the only Fully authenticated by the NBA and only Panini America could

Deliver that. We support and love and have fun with the hobby.

Its been a blast for a year already.

As for Angry Fella. Your name already suggest that you are angry on mostly evrything.

So there is really no point to prove to you. The sad thing is that you seemed not to even enjoy

Any of the hobby has to offer. Its really sad. I see that now.

Stay cool!

Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Everyone talking about Topps but ok one is saying anything about the sticker autos
I miss Topps Chrome in general. I'd be going for the parallels and rookies, not necessarily the autos.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:

We have all types of cards. PANINI, the great 90's which I love the most like skybox.

Leaf, UD, etc.

Definitely preferred the only Fully authenticated by the NBA and only Panini America could

As for Angry Fella. Your name already suggest that you are angry on mostly evrything.

So there is really no point to prove to you. The sad thing is that you seemed not to even enjoy

Stay cool!
Do you always have to write like it's a poem? It's damn hard to follow...

I'm often angry, yes. Angry at all the
Idiots and scammers and liars in the
Hobby, plus those who post lies just to
Try to argue.
I'm angry that the only company that
Produces licensed cards continues to stuff it
Up. I'm angry that people (you) continue to post rubbish
After a PM they (you) couldn't respond to
Yet talk it up like a tough guy. The second account
Name was also a joke, because there are
Several 'Pinoy' Panini lovers on the Panini
Blog that sound like you.

Guess this thread is completely
Dead because of all the off-topic rubbish
So there's not much point carrying
On
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:

Leaf, UD, etc.

Stay cool!
Don't you have a problem with the accounts on the Panini blogs like PinoyKD35? They post just like you. If someone did that to me I'd be a little irked. If they aren't anyone you know, seems like they're trying to troll you, no?
Old 09-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing...how dare everyone have their own opinion! I can't believe that some people actually, gasp, prefer a different design than I do. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I don't understand why people feel the need to constantly bash Upper Deck or Panini.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #123 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
I was thinking the same thing...how dare everyone have their own opinion! I can't believe that some people actually, gasp, prefer a different design than I do. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I don't understand why people feel the need to constantly bash Upper Deck or Panini.
Exactly. Having different opinions is fine. Insulting others because they have different opinions is just stupid.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Exactly. Having different opinions is fine. Insulting others because they have different opinions is just stupid.
But your opinion is stupid.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #125 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
But your opinion is stupid.
You're stupid for your opinion of my stupidity. Stupid.