Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 06:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question Mj game used jersey

Hey guys, what do you think about this jersey? I'm not an expert of memorabilia...
Thanks for your advices!!

Michael Jordan Chicago Bulls Game Used Autographed Uniform UD Bulls LOA RARE | eBay
Old 09-21-2013, 06:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

You can hardly ever be 100% sure, but it seems legitimate to me.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

Paperwork looks real enough, try to get a photomatch to be sure though
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yes, I think it could be legit....but $50k isn't so high for a real GU of MJ...this looks a bit strange to me!!
Old 09-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yes, $50k is pretty crazy, but both pieces are signed and seemingly UDA verified, and when unsigned jerseys sell for $6k+ I'd say this definitely could be a $10k+ item if legit
Old 09-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Yes, $50k is pretty crazy, but both pieces are signed and seemingly UDA verified, and when unsigned jerseys sell for $6k+ I'd say this definitely could be a $10k+ item if legit
Are you saying thet an MJ Game Used jersey not signed can be buy for about $6000??
Old 09-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by verona View Post
Are you saying thet an MJ Game Used jersey not signed can be buy for about $6000??
When you can find them on auction, they might start at around that. However most of those are "in our opinion this looks used" and you don't know how legit they are. Photomatching is incredibly important if you're looking at spending that much on a jersey...
Old 09-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
When you can find them on auction, they might start at around that. However most of those are "in our opinion this looks used" and you don't know how legit they are. Photomatching is incredibly important if you're looking at spending that much on a jersey...
Sorry man, but what are you exactly meanning with Photomatching ?
Old 09-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #9 (permalink)

If you don't know what photomatching is you shouldn't be buying game used jerseys yet. You need to learn a lot and do a ton of research. Best place to start is reading game used universe site.
Also NBA jerseys are most easily faked jerseys, until Meigray took over for them in doing serial # and authenticating for some teams and events in past few years. It shows in prices they get. You know you are getting real deal from them.
Tons of pro cut game issued NBA jerseys are everywhere, esp from 1990's early 2000's. Some teams it's impossible as retail authentics and pro cuts had exact same tagging as legit gamers.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
If you don't know what photomatching is you shouldn't be buying game used jerseys yet. You need to learn a lot and do a ton of research. Best place to start is reading game used universe site.
Also NBA jerseys are most easily faked jerseys, until Meigray took over for them in doing serial # and authenticating for some teams and events in past few years. It shows in prices they get. You know you are getting real deal from them.
Tons of pro cut game issued NBA jerseys are everywhere, esp from 1990's early 2000's. Some teams it's impossible as retail authentics and pro cuts had exact same tagging as legit gamers.
yes I know very well this is an hard field, I never bought gu jersey, and I won't start with a MJ ones...but I would like to learn a bit more.
Thanks
Old 09-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

theres a site where you can type in a game and it will have photos of that player

anyone know that site?
coyne81486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #12 (permalink)

Maybe 50 for an early jersey but that is way high. They wear darn near a jersey a game now. Early gretzky sweaters are 100k or more if you can find one.
callou2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Go to getty images and photomatch for Jordan Bulls 1997-98, or go to gameuseduniverse and ask for help.

$50k is way to much for a more recent jersey.

The uniform does look legit though, has all the signs of game wear.

!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

There is only one company to trust with Game used that is NBA.com

Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

Thanks for the all the advices!
Old 09-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinoymamba View Post
There is only one company to trust with Game used that is NBA.com
When I see a thread discussing game worn on a trading cards forum, I instantly cringe. The above-referenced post is a perfect example of why. First of all, it is not NBA.com. The NBA has a contract with MeiGray, which sells many of the NBA's game worn jerseys on both nbagameworn.com and meigray.com. MeiGray is a terrific company, but to say that it is the only company to trust is both ignorant and irresponsible. I am entertained by the irony, though, given that thepinoymamba, perhaps Panini's biggest (and surely most prolific) fan, would neglect to recognize Panini. Tracy may ask you to turn in your Panini badge, I'm afraid, as Panini does their own photomatching when marketing/selling game worn items from their exclusive contract players.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
When I see a thread discussing game worn on a trading cards forum, I instantly cringe. The above-referenced post is a perfect example of why. First of all, it is not NBA.com. The NBA has a contract with MeiGray, which sells many of the NBA's game worn jerseys on both nbagameworn.com and meigray.com. MeiGray is a terrific company, but to say that it is the only company to trust is both ignorant and irresponsible. I am entertained by the irony, though, given that thepinoymamba, perhaps Panini's biggest (and surely most prolific) fan, would neglect to recognize Panini. Tracy may ask you to turn in your Panini badge, I'm afraid, as Panini does their own photomatching when marketing/selling game worn items from their exclusive contract players.
That is what I meant the auction.nba.com

Any other that would suggest that their Jordan are real that

Doesnt come from this two could be fake no matter what they say.

As for Panini they dont deal with Jordan so I dont need to include the only card company that

Is the only one I completely trust with game used on their cards.

Especially with issue of fake jerseys that are known and have been accused

Like topps, UD, any 2010 and below are very very questionable after reading

An article about the fake jerseys that have been investigated by fbi.

Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:

As for Panini they dont deal with Jordan so I dont need to include the only card company that

Wow you really are naive.

Firstly, it's NBAAuctions. And they'd never have Jordan because their stuff is Meigray and Jordan stuff was well before Meigray. So ANY Jordan jersey is 'questionable' unless you can prove it. Just like EVERY pre-Meigray jersey used by ANY COMPANY.

I'm highly suspicious about your beloved Panini because they seem to have obtained MANY older jerseys all of a sudden to use in their cards, and I've seen MANY auctions recently that show no proof of being legit jerseys of those players. Anything Meigray era, yes there's no question that's going to be legit as they're easy and cheap for them to acquire. Anything Pre-Meigray I have huge concerns with.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #19 (permalink)

Completely OT: but Jesus, pinoy, your fragmented haiku posts are ridiculously hard to read/decipher. I'm part pinoy myself, but really...it's very hard on the eyes...and it feels like I'm reading one of those ransom notes comprised of clipped magazine letters.

Implying that Panini GU memorabilia is more trustworthy than UD is completely laughable. I don't have a stake in either, but your accusations are completely baseless and; at best, completely biased. If you're going to make accusations like that, at least be ready to post your legitimate sources for your info, and not just blind left wing/right wing-esque propaganda.

Anyways, in regards to the Jordan jersey, the thing that I really wanted to see was the letter from the Bulls organization. But even then, who's to say that letter wasn't intended for another jersey. He wore MANY jerseys and shorts of that exact same size during his career. It doesn't exactly seem 'conclusive' to me.

In addition, it makes little sense to me that UD would take an already game-used jersey and have it signed afterwards, YET not state that it was game worn in the COA. It only states the legitimacy of the autos.

My initial hunch tells me this is a legit UD auto'd jersey/shorts set, but that it isn't game worn...but misrepresented to seem so. He did have a ton of UD auto'd Bulls jerseys from back in the day, but not any (to my knowledge) that were UD certified as game worn as well. I'd be very weary getting anywhere near that thing.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Completely OT: but Jesus, pinoy, your fragmented haiku posts are ridiculously hard to read/decipher. I'm part pinoy myself, but really...it's very hard on the eyes...and it feels like I'm reading one of those ransom notes comprised of clipped magazine letters.

Implying that Panini GU memorabilia is more trustworthy than UD is completely laughable. I don't have a stake in either, but your accusations are completely baseless and; at best, completely biased. If you're going to make accusations like that, at least be ready to post your legitimate sources for your info, and not just blind left wing/right wing-esque propaganda.

Anyways, in regards to the Jordan jersey, the thing that I really wanted to see was the letter from the Bulls organization. But even then, who's to say that letter wasn't intended for another jersey. He wore MANY jerseys and shorts of that exact same size during his career. It doesn't exactly seem 'conclusive' to me.

In addition, it makes little sense to me that UD would take an already game-used jersey and have it signed afterwards, YET not state that it was game worn in the COA. It only states the legitimacy of the autos.

My initial hunch tells me this is a legit UD auto'd jersey/shorts set, but that it isn't game worn...but misrepresented to seem so. He did have a ton of UD auto'd Bulls jerseys from back in the day, but not any (to my knowledge) that were UD certified as game worn as well. I'd be very weary getting anywhere near that thing.
The bolded part I would like to discuss. The fact that UDA themselves did not know for sure they were game used would potentially lead to trouble. Ie it's not one of their own inventory, so they can't state it as being definite like this one:

This Jordan is 'customer inventory' so they've authenticated the auto, rightfully so IMO.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #21 (permalink)

^^ That's what I was looking for.

The fact that it does not implicitly state 'game worn' on the UD COA is reason enough for me to avoid it like the plague.

The Bulls letter means absolutely nothing unless it comes with matching numbers/holograms from them as well.

You're better off just buying an auto'd jordan jersey for 1/10th the cost, running some layup drills on the court with it, and telling your friends it's legit.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:26 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
^^ That's what I was looking for.

The fact that it does not implicitly state 'game worn' on the UD COA is reason enough for me to avoid it like the plague.

The Bulls letter means absolutely nothing unless it comes with matching numbers/holograms from them as well.

You're better off just buying an auto'd jordan jersey for 1/10th the cost, running some layup drills on the court with it, and telling your friends it's legit.
Valid point about the letter, but if you had a game worn jersey and could get it signed, why wouldn't you? If Garnett was having a signing I could in theory take my Celtics game jersey and get him to sign it. UD would verify the signature, the game used-ness is on me. I don't think you should write this off just because UDA don't state on the COA that it is game used, that part had nothing to do with them.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:50 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:

Your posts are drowning in faulty reasoning and bad information. With each one, you only bury yourself deeper.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:08 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Valid point about the letter, but if you had a game worn jersey and could get it signed, why wouldn't you? If Garnett was having a signing I could in theory take my Celtics game jersey and get him to sign it. UD would verify the signature, the game used-ness is on me. I don't think you should write this off just because UDA don't state on the COA that it is game used, that part had nothing to do with them.
Oh, I don't disagree with you about wanting to get the jersey UDA signed if I had it already. I've actually done this with a D Rose Gold Exquisite with a PSA IP signing, and made out pretty good on the sale.

This, of course, is a purchase of a much larger magnitude. I guess for some that level of documentation would suffice, but for me if I'm going for a jersey from the best player of all time, I'd want no such doubts lingering whatsoever.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:35 AM   #25 (permalink)

This is very nice.But the price is not lol..
CARD COLLECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote