Blowout Cards Forums
Top Shelf

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 06:22 AM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
bbplaya11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: boston, MA
Posts: 2,931
Default

Not a wolves fan but man love can ball, bring him to.beantown please
__________________
http://bbplaya.webs.com
Carolina Panthers
Boston Celtics
Boston Redsox
bbplaya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 7,771
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbplaya11 View Post
Not a wolves fan but man love can ball, bring him to.beantown please
Flip isn't going to let him go anywhere


Another fantastic start this evening against the Knicks, taking a 1st quarter 40-19 lead! The Wolves are playing some scary basketball to start the season. Looking like a team to watch out for here!
__________________
I am a diehard Viking, Timberwolves, Twins and Gophers fan!
I collect Eric Decker, Bobby Jackson, Glen Perkins, and just cards in general!
I WANT YOUR 2013 RICKY RUBIO PRIZM & 2013 ERIC DECKER PRIZM!
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/hotshotter/Sports%20Cards/
CC_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,472
Default

The Wolves honestly might be the best team in the West this season.
razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 7,771
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsharp View Post
The Wolves honestly might be the best team in the West this season.
I would like to hope so, but a playoff appearance is a win for the franchise, especially since we haven't been in the playoffs since 2004
__________________
I am a diehard Viking, Timberwolves, Twins and Gophers fan!
I collect Eric Decker, Bobby Jackson, Glen Perkins, and just cards in general!
I WANT YOUR 2013 RICKY RUBIO PRIZM & 2013 ERIC DECKER PRIZM!
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/hotshotter/Sports%20Cards/
CC_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,472
Default

The Wolves are so deep if they're healthy.

If Rubio, Love and Pek are all healthy come playoff time they can beat anyone.
razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7,115
Default

As long as KMart, Love, and Rubio stay healthy watch out. It's a big IF though since all three are injury prone. I'm not a Wolves fan but it'll be nice to see them make a nice run. I might sound crazy for saying this but KLove could make a serious run for MVP if the Wolves make it to the playoffs.
bballcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 7,771
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballcollector View Post
As long as KMart, Love, and Rubio stay healthy watch out. It's a big IF though since all three are injury prone. I'm not a Wolves fan but it'll be nice to see them make a nice run. I might sound crazy for saying this but KLove could make a serious run for MVP if the Wolves make it to the playoffs.
Love is an animal, there is no arguing that, but I think that the bias goes towards LeBron no matter what (and this is coming for a LeBron and Wolves fan)
__________________
I am a diehard Viking, Timberwolves, Twins and Gophers fan!
I collect Eric Decker, Bobby Jackson, Glen Perkins, and just cards in general!
I WANT YOUR 2013 RICKY RUBIO PRIZM & 2013 ERIC DECKER PRIZM!
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/hotshotter/Sports%20Cards/
CC_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC_123 View Post
Love is an animal, there is no arguing that, but I think that the bias goes towards LeBron no matter what (and this is coming for a LeBron and Wolves fan)
This is the year he won't win it.
bballcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 7,771
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballcollector View Post
This is the year he won't win it.
Who knows. 3-4 games in is too early to me to judge, but I'd love for the MVP trophy to come back to Minnesota
__________________
I am a diehard Viking, Timberwolves, Twins and Gophers fan!
I collect Eric Decker, Bobby Jackson, Glen Perkins, and just cards in general!
I WANT YOUR 2013 RICKY RUBIO PRIZM & 2013 ERIC DECKER PRIZM!
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/hotshotter/Sports%20Cards/
CC_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
burke23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 3,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC_123 View Post
Who knows. 3-4 games in is too early to me to judge, but I'd love for the MVP trophy to come back to Minnesota
So would my PC...ha.
__________________
Bucket -http://s599.photobucket.com/albums/tt72/avrules2000
*Looking for rare/low numbered Randy Moss rookies (IE E-X Credentials, Skybox Rubies, PMGs, SP Gold Auto /18, etc)
*Also looking for 1997 PMG Red football for set
burke23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 7,771
Default

Wolves found a way to hold onto the W last night! Showed some grit and I liked a lot of things I saw! The Knicks just caught fire late in that game!
__________________
I am a diehard Viking, Timberwolves, Twins and Gophers fan!
I collect Eric Decker, Bobby Jackson, Glen Perkins, and just cards in general!
I WANT YOUR 2013 RICKY RUBIO PRIZM & 2013 ERIC DECKER PRIZM!
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/hotshotter/Sports%20Cards/
CC_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 7,771
Default

Rough start for the Wolves tonight in back to backers
__________________
I am a diehard Viking, Timberwolves, Twins and Gophers fan!
I collect Eric Decker, Bobby Jackson, Glen Perkins, and just cards in general!
I WANT YOUR 2013 RICKY RUBIO PRIZM & 2013 ERIC DECKER PRIZM!
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/hotshotter/Sports%20Cards/
CC_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
shaner1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Posts: 1,590
Default

They look like total CRAP tonight
__________________
Minnesota Twins, Vikings and Timberwolves!
shaner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 7,771
Default

They are just missing a lot of shots and turning the ball over a lot. Games like this happen.

It also doesn't help that Cleveland is making everything
__________________
I am a diehard Viking, Timberwolves, Twins and Gophers fan!
I collect Eric Decker, Bobby Jackson, Glen Perkins, and just cards in general!
I WANT YOUR 2013 RICKY RUBIO PRIZM & 2013 ERIC DECKER PRIZM!
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/hotshotter/Sports%20Cards/
CC_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC_123 View Post
They are just missing a lot of shots and turning the ball over a lot. Games like this happen.

It also doesn't help that Cleveland is making everything
Why couldn't it happen last night lol

Twolves are going to be very tough if they stay healthy!
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 7,771
Default

Played about as bad as you can for 3 quarters, but never gave up and kept battling and it put them in a position to win. Fantastic effort in the 4th just wish they would have gotten a better shot at the end, but past teams would have quit being down 15 in the 3rd. A moral victory early in the season, still 3-1. Big game coming against the Warriors on Wednesday.
__________________
I am a diehard Viking, Timberwolves, Twins and Gophers fan!
I collect Eric Decker, Bobby Jackson, Glen Perkins, and just cards in general!
I WANT YOUR 2013 RICKY RUBIO PRIZM & 2013 ERIC DECKER PRIZM!
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/hotshotter/Sports%20Cards/
CC_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,341
Default

This game is pure proof that Kyrie is overrated.

Ball hog down the stretch, turned the ball over 9 times in the game ... at least 3 times in the final few minutes alone. It was just Kyrie vs the Wolves! So much for a TEAM game!

Kevin Love, dude ... you're better than this. You make great plays, but you mess up on so many as well.

2-8 from 3pt last night, 0-7 tonight!

Maybe if you made a few more of these throughout the game you wouldn't need to be shooting one at the end of every game to try and win it with one shot!
paul06901 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 2,167
Default

why didnt Rubio play down the stretch?
__________________
Rangers/Jets/Knicks/New York Baseball Fan!

I PC Stephen Curry
shumpert2190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shumpert2190 View Post
why didnt Rubio play down the stretch?
Because he couldn't hit a jumpshot to save his life. Looks like he had no lift/legs in his shot, everything was short. Plus, JJ did a much better job defending on Kyrie. Kyrie was just too quick for even Rubio. JJ is undersized but much quicker, did a much better job defending Kyrie IMO.
paul06901 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 2,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
Because he couldn't hit a jumpshot to save his life. Looks like he had no lift/legs in his shot, everything was short. Plus, JJ did a much better job defending on Kyrie. Kyrie was just too quick for even Rubio. JJ is undersized but much quicker, did a much better job defending Kyrie IMO.
ah ok,thanks for clarifying
__________________
Rangers/Jets/Knicks/New York Baseball Fan!

I PC Stephen Curry
shumpert2190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 7,771
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
This game is pure proof that Kyrie is overrated.

Ball hog down the stretch, turned the ball over 9 times in the game ... at least 3 times in the final few minutes alone. It was just Kyrie vs the Wolves! So much for a TEAM game!

Kevin Love, dude ... you're better than this. You make great plays, but you mess up on so many as well.

2-8 from 3pt last night, 0-7 tonight!

Maybe if you made a few more of these throughout the game you wouldn't need to be shooting one at the end of every game to try and win it with one shot!
Love isn't going to hit 5 from the arc every game. Even the best in the NBA have off days shooting

And it isnt just on Love. I believe Martin was the only one to make a 3 and we were like 5-26 from 3. That's poor shooting beyond the arc from the whole team and we were still in a position to win
__________________
I am a diehard Viking, Timberwolves, Twins and Gophers fan!
I collect Eric Decker, Bobby Jackson, Glen Perkins, and just cards in general!
I WANT YOUR 2013 RICKY RUBIO PRIZM & 2013 ERIC DECKER PRIZM!
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/hotshotter/Sports%20Cards/

Last edited by CC_123; 11-04-2013 at 09:36 PM.
CC_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC_123 View Post
Love isn't going to hit 5 from the arc every game. Even the best in the NBA have off days shooting
I get it, but he's not shooting well right now from deep:

Game 1: (3-5)
Game 2: (2-8)
Game 3: (0-7)

Total: 5-20

25% from 3 maybe means don't jack up that 3pter with a hand in your face early in the shot clock...



I think Love's game is amazing, and given his past years and the contest, we know he can make them. But if you're off all game ... when you're 0-4 or 0-5 ... step in or pass to someone else ... because 0-7 isn't going to cut it, and it didn't tonight...
paul06901 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 7,771
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
I get it, but he's not shooting well right now from deep:

Game 1: (3-5)
Game 2: (2-8)
Game 3: (0-7)

Total: 5-20

25% from 3 maybe means don't jack up that 3pter with a hand in your face early in the shot clock...



I think Love's game is amazing, and given his past years and the contest, we know he can make them. But if you're off all game ... when you're 0-4 or 0-5 ... step in or pass to someone else ... because 0-7 isn't going to cut it, and it didn't tonight...
The only way to get out of a slump is to keep shooting. Shooters keep shooting. That's what my coach always said and it paid off more then it didn't.
__________________
I am a diehard Viking, Timberwolves, Twins and Gophers fan!
I collect Eric Decker, Bobby Jackson, Glen Perkins, and just cards in general!
I WANT YOUR 2013 RICKY RUBIO PRIZM & 2013 ERIC DECKER PRIZM!
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/hotshotter/Sports%20Cards/
CC_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC_123 View Post
The only way to get out of a slump is to keep shooting. Shooters keep shooting. That's what my coach always said and it paid off more then it didn't.
Right, but you also don't shoot your way out of a slump if it means losing the game.

You play a team game, do what you have to do to win -- what's best for the team. Going 0-3 then jacking up a few more unwarranted 3's that weren't open shots, isn't good for the team. I can't 100% recall, but I don't believe any of those 7 shots were wide open for Love. Most of them he pump-faked and the defender stayed down so he then just shot it, out of rhythm.

K-mart or Barea or someone else could have taken a few of those jacked up 3's with likely a much better shot at making it given Love's goose egg.
paul06901 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
burke23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 3,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
I get it, but he's not shooting well right now from deep:

Game 1: (3-5)
Game 2: (2-8)
Game 3: (0-7)

Total: 5-20

25% from 3 maybe means don't jack up that 3pter with a hand in your face early in the shot clock...



I think Love's game is amazing, and given his past years and the contest, we know he can make them. But if you're off all game ... when you're 0-4 or 0-5 ... step in or pass to someone else ... because 0-7 isn't going to cut it, and it didn't tonight...
I'm a fan of Love's, obviously - but even I have to wonder why go for a 3 when down by 1? Especially if he was having an off night.
__________________
Bucket -http://s599.photobucket.com/albums/tt72/avrules2000
*Looking for rare/low numbered Randy Moss rookies (IE E-X Credentials, Skybox Rubies, PMGs, SP Gold Auto /18, etc)
*Also looking for 1997 PMG Red football for set
burke23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.