Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 09:06 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaner1 View Post
Love missed 15 lay-ups. Really ugly game. Just shows how far behind the spurs this team is. So disappointing to root for them. I wanna puke.
Everyone in the West is so far behind the spurs IMO. They just have that magic touch, Shows what happens when you actually have a good coach. One day Wolves will have 1 of those.
Wolves4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:36 PM   #102 (permalink)

Typical loss vs Garbage team. Yes I know no win is a sure but if you want to be a playoff team you have to beat the bottom of the barrel teams, Next 3 are Raptors and 2 vs Jazz all win-able games, Let's see what team shows up...Btw bench sucked again.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:24 PM   #103 (permalink)

It wasn't just the bench tonight. The team as a whole shot terribly until he last 2-3 minutes. Their D is horrendous as well. That's what the problem was tonight. It was completely a team loss but I don't think the Kings are a "garbage team" by any means. They might not have all the Ws but they have a good team with good players that perform.
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/hotshotter/Sports%20Cards/
CC_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:28 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC_123 View Post
It wasn't just the bench tonight. The team as a whole shot terribly until he last 2-3 minutes. Their D is horrendous as well. That's what the problem was tonight. It was completely a team loss but I don't think the Kings are a "garbage team" by any means. They might not have all the Ws but they have a good team with good players that perform.
By garbage I mean teams that won't even sniff the playoffs not that team is garbage, They do have some good talent.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #105 (permalink)

Another garbage team loss, This is getting really pathetic. This loss in entirely on Adelman cause he is one of the worst coaches ever and JJ for absolutely ruining any chance Wolves had in the 4th. He misses wide open 3's and 5 foot jumpers. Why Rubio is not in the game is no one's guess.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:45 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolves4Life View Post
Another garbage team loss, This is getting really pathetic. This loss in entirely on Adelman cause he is one of the worst coaches ever and JJ for absolutely ruining any chance Wolves had in the 4th. He misses wide open 3's and 5 foot jumpers. Why Rubio is not in the game is no one's guess.
So shooting absolutely dismal from 3 is Adelmans fault? JJ trying to make a play is Adelmans fault? Horrible defense all around is on Adelman? Stop trying to make him the scapegoat for everything. Adelman is a good coach. A coach can only do so much, the rest is on the players. The team played terrible and shot horrendous. That's on the players, not Adelman. Adelman isn't the one out there on the court missing open 3s and playing ole defense.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
So shooting absolutely dismal from 3 is Adelmans fault? JJ trying to make a play is Adelmans fault? Horrible defense all around is on Adelman? Stop trying to make him the scapegoat for everything. Adelman is a good coach. A coach can only do so much, the rest is on the players. The team played terrible and shot horrendous. That's on the players, not Adelman. Adelman isn't the one out there on the court missing open 3s and playing ole defense.
Adelman's best chance at title was with Kings and they choked not cause Kobe and Shaq were in their prime they just choked under bad coaching. It's not all Adelman's fault I never said that but he plays same tired lineup week after week. Dieng, Shabazz and Hummel who can actually help sit so bums like Cunningham, JJ, Turiaf can get minutes. I rather work with the former than the latter who will bring more energy and probably even shoot better. Also we all know D is bad so I don't even bring it up. Everything but the D right now is actually fixable if Adelman get's his head out of his butt.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:57 PM   #108 (permalink)

Derrick Williams could have been the second leading scorer for the wolves behind Love. Only problem, he was on the other team. He must have felt good with the win against his old team.
Hopefully Rubio becomes more of an offensive threat soon. My fantasy team needs more buckets from him.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Adelman's best chance at title was with Kings and they choked not cause Kobe and Shaq were in their prime they just choked under bad coaching. It's not all Adelman's fault I never said that but he plays same tired lineup week after week. Dieng, Shabazz and Hummel who can actually help sit so bums like Cunningham, JJ, Turiaf can get minutes. I rather work with the former than the latter who will bring more energy and probably even shoot better. Also we all know D is bad so I don't even bring it up. Everything but the D right now is actually fixable if Adelman get's his head out of his butt.
You say here "it's not all Adelmans fault", but in the past post you said it was all on him. I'd honestly rather have Cunningham, Turiaf, and JJ in there. At least they work hard out there, especially Turiaf. They have the experience of playing in the NBA. Dieng is way too soft out there and Shabazz is too selfish. I like Hummel but he doesn't help contribute anymore on offense or defense then the guys out there. Those three you listed that could "help" would be on the court if they actually could contribute but they've shown they can aside from Hummel at times. Shabazz might be able to torch D-League scrubs but he couldn't do anything for the team in garbage time. He is going to be a bust and he doesn't deserve to be on the court. The guys that should be on the court are, but the team as a whole has been struggling as of late due to poor offense and defense all the way around. It's as simple as that.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:06 PM   #110 (permalink)

I said this loss was on Adelman and Shabazz may not have done a lot in garbage time but no one really does. He should see a lot more time but Adelman is just a moron.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:12 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
I said this loss was on Adelman and Shabazz may not have done a lot in garbage time but no one really does. He should see a lot more time but Adelman is just a moron.
Shabazz is trash. He always will be. He wasn't that good in college either. He is just straight up a selfish basketball player and that's why he doesn't play. 0.7 APG in college is sad. They should have kept Burke.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:36 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Shabazz is trash. He always will be. He wasn't that good in college either. He is just straight up a selfish basketball player and that's why he doesn't play. 0.7 APG in college is sad. They should have kept Burke.
0.7 APG in college is sad, For a PG, Shabazz was UCLA so him passing it wasn't happening. That's not his fault that they made him the man there.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:44 PM   #113 (permalink)

Would the wolves be better off with Burke instead of shabazz? Burke is doing some scoring for Utah.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:51 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
0.7 APG in college is sad, For a PG, Shabazz was UCLA so him passing it wasn't happening. That's not his fault that they made him the man there.
It doesn't matter if you're "the man", you should still be getting 3-5 APG, especially since you're "the man" the D is keyed on you. He was a straight up ball hog in college and there is no arguing that. Even the best of players get assists and pass the ball. Shows Shabazz wasn't and still isn't ready for the next level.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:58 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earvin32 View Post
Would the wolves be better off with Burke instead of shabazz? Burke is doing some scoring for Utah.
No he would take shots away from Martin and Love. Rubio is fine he just needs to shoot the rock a little more and be more consistent about it.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:03 AM   #116 (permalink)

Good time to break winless streak of games ending in 4 points or less.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:23 AM   #117 (permalink)

Another bench loss. 15 points from the bench is an improvement but it's still really pathetic.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:27 PM   #118 (permalink)

Back to .500 Let's hope we get over on Wednesday lost last 10 chances when at .500 to get over.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:49 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Back to .500 Let's hope we get over on Wednesday lost last 10 chances when at .500 to get over.
Hope Pek's Achilles isn't a long term issue. And when was the last time Cunningham made a jump shot? Good Lord he is hard to watch.
burke23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:48 AM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke23 View Post
Hope Pek's Achilles isn't a long term issue. And when was the last time Cunningham made a jump shot? Good Lord he is hard to watch.
He is why Shabazz needs his minutes, Can't get worse.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:27 PM   #121 (permalink)

Pek out 7-10 days...right now. It's going to have to be Love and Kmart show with hopefully others chipping in while Pek recovers.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:30 PM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
Pek out 7-10 days...right now. It's going to have to be Love and Kmart show with hopefully others chipping in while Pek recovers.
Much as I love Pekovic's game, I think Turiaf works well next to Love, so I don't think Pekovic's injury will hurt the team as much as one might expect.

The Wolves looked fine against the Bulls without him. Then again, the Bulls were without Noah.
WillC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:41 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
Much as I love Pekovic's game, I think Turiaf works well next to Love, so I don't think Pekovic's injury will hurt the team as much as one might expect.

The Wolves looked fine against the Bulls without him. Then again, the Bulls were without Noah.
Replacing Pek's offense isn't as easy (none on the bench) but agree his d really helps out.
burke23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:47 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post

I'm some ways I agree about Ronny being good next to Love, but losing Pek kills there depth.

Last edited by bdoody42; 01-28-2014 at 05:51 PM.
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:03 PM   #125 (permalink)

Hopefully Dieng gets more PT.
razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote