Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 10:23 PM   #126 (permalink)

Even though we don't have Pek it was still a game we should have won.
Wolves4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:04 AM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolves4Life View Post
Even though we don't have Pek it was still a game we should have won.
I've noticed that you only post when we drop games "we should have won". You never say anything when we win
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/hotshotter/Sports%20Cards/
CC_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:19 AM   #128 (permalink)

The Wolves made a nice comeback with the help of Rubio's playmaking abilities.

They pulled him at the end of the game and failed to do anything on the offensive side. Barea bombing up 3s and Love posting up and taking tough shots did not work out.
minnesotachill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:58 PM   #129 (permalink)

We need Pek back!
Old 02-01-2014, 02:37 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC_123 View Post
I've noticed that you only post when we drop games "we should have won". You never say anything when we win
Quote:
Good time to break winless streak of games ending in 4 points or less.
^ That was after win against Warriors.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
^ That was after win against Warriors.
Oh no. One time? Wow, you're such a great fan since you've given them credit once and have bashed them continuously on "games they should have won" and on the coaching. I can say that after EVERY game. No game is guaranteed like you seem to think
Old 02-01-2014, 09:58 PM   #132 (permalink)

Rick Adelman needs to be fired, Not only does he not know how to use a rotation, No coach in NBA history, Not even Tim Floyd would have Cunningham AND Shved in the lineup in crunch time. Love's 41 and 19 for naught, Losing to sorry Hawks, Adelman is a joke of a coach, He gets too much credit for Sacramento when the team won in spite of how awful Adelman truly was.

Last edited by Wolves4Life; 02-01-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:47 PM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Rick Adelman needs to be fired, Not only does he not know how to use a rotation, No coach in NBA history, Not even Tim Floyd would have Cunningham AND Shved in the lineup in crunch time. Love's 41 and 19 for naught, Losing to sorry Hawks, Adelman is a joke of a coach, He gets too much credit for Sacramento when the team won in spite of how awful Adelman truly was.
Here you go bashing the coach again. You are such a fair weather fan it's ridiculous. Adelman is NOT the problem. Once again, he isn't the one on the court. Cunningham and Shved is a hell of a lot better then Shabazz out there. I know you have a crush on Shabazz but the truth hurts. Cunningham has been playing well lately so get over it. Adelman once again is NOT the problem. Poor defense is the problem. Not converting on offense is the problem. Not closing out games is the problem. It's, for the 3rd time, NOT Adelman as he isn't on the court failing in key situations.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:54 PM   #134 (permalink)

I am wondering if they need one more player. They need to pick up someone to spark them for a playoff push. Who is available?
Old 02-01-2014, 11:04 PM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earvin32 View Post
I am wondering if they need one more player. They need to pick up someone to spark them for a playoff push. Who is available?
I think they just need a more consistent backup PG. Barea has been horrible all year. The trade talks for Miller intrigue me because I know he can come off the bench and have a positive impact on the team. Barea takes a lot of quick and dumb shots. He hasn't been nearly as productive this year as past years
Old 02-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC_123 View Post
Here you go bashing the coach again. You are such a fair weather fan it's ridiculous. Adelman is NOT the problem. Once again, he isn't the one on the court. Cunningham and Shved is a hell of a lot better then Shabazz out there. I know you have a crush on Shabazz but the truth hurts. Cunningham has been playing well lately so get over it. Adelman once again is NOT the problem. Poor defense is the problem. Not converting on offense is the problem. Not closing out games is the problem. It's, for the 3rd time, NOT Adelman as he isn't on the court failing in key situations.
If being a "fair weather fan" means I have been a fan since the early 90's than ok. To be honest, I don't say much when we win because I hope it's actually the turn around of the season, Way we lose especially to crappy teams just gets me heated so much it's ridiculous. To say I am a fair weather fan shows you are just judgmental and don't know me at all. I care win or lose but Adelman does suck and has cost Wolves a lot of games. Adelman sucked in Houston and he sucked in Sacramento but he gets too much credit cause teams won in spite of him, But hey I'm the bad guy.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:47 PM   #137 (permalink)

Great games from K-Mart and as usual Love to help end a Lakers run in Minnesota. Hopefully we get a lot of good games tomorrow too and beat Thunder. We have played them close all year and beat them by 30 early in the season "just" got to contain Durant.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:16 PM   #138 (permalink)

Another poor job by Adelman, Wolves were doing so good thru 3 quarters, Yes D choked in the 4th but not using Shabazz earlier who actually brought energy to the game and for whatever reason only playing K-Mart 9 minutes and not using AJ Price who IMO way better than Hummel's awful shooting of the basketball, We could have beaten Thunder they may be the top team in the West but hopefully we get into 8th seed cause they are completely beatable. We didn't have Brewer, Pek and Love and still hung with them til last 2 minutes.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #139 (permalink)

Shabazz is not good. Its simple that he isn't good at all and I agree with Adelman not playing him. He might have scored 6 points but I still don't think he is ever going to amount to anything in the NBA. However Martin should have played more, but he played A LOT more then the "9 minutes" you claim he played. He played 23 minutes and probably should have played 7 more, but the team was playing worse with him on the court then they were without him. Also, you can't play AJ Price over Hummel. They play completely different positions and when you have Barea and Rubio controlling the PG and you only have Budinger and Hummel to play SF, you don't have much for options.

The Wolves could have won the game, yes, but they still have poor defense. But I want you to give credit to the guy you've been ripping all season, Dante Cunningham who had 18 points, 8 boards, 3 steals, and 3 blocks on the night and showed exactly why he deserves to be on the court. Rubio also had a nice outing last night with 19 points, 8 rebounds, and 5 assists.

It was a winnable game but when you don't have Love, Brewer, or Pek playing on the evening, it makes it tough to come out on top. I do agree with you that I hope we can get the 8 spot because we can beat the Thunder. We've been in every single game against them and it would be a fun series to watch!
Old 02-06-2014, 03:14 PM   #140 (permalink)

Cunningham had a good game as a starter, He needs to know he has to do better off the bench cause he will only start if some one gets hurt, I meant 9 minutes in 2nd half not total minutes. It's funny how people think Shabazz isn't any good. They said same thing about D-Will and he's doing more in 1 game in Sac then he did while Adelman was holding him down. Shabazz will do better once Adelman is hopefully fired soon.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:17 AM   #141 (permalink)

Horrible officiating, Horrible job by Adelman.....as usual and Love not shooting great due to not being 100% in what could be a playoff buster loss, We can beat Blazers tomorrow but it depends on Adelman acting coaching a good game for a change. Daunte Cunningham one of the worst players in the league should not be playing in the 4th quarter when you need defense. Ronny actually plays D and was doing good, No reason he should not be playing in the 4th and NO REASON Shabazz should be playing at all. I know people will say Shabazz is not good which is a stupid statement to make. you don't know what you have when you barely average 4 minutes when you get in the game once every 2 weeks.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:21 AM   #142 (permalink)

I am so tired of Adelman.

Was a huge supporter of his but it's clear the game has passed him by.

He has become senile and clueless.

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for Shabazz not getting PT at this point.
razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:25 AM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
Horrible officiating, Horrible job by Adelman.....as usual and Love not shooting great due to not being 100% in what could be a playoff buster loss, We can beat Blazers tomorrow but it depends on Adelman acting coaching a good game for a change. Daunte Cunningham one of the worst players in the league should not be playing in the 4th quarter when you need defense. Ronny actually plays D and was doing good, No reason he should not be playing in the 4th and NO REASON Shabazz should be playing at all. I know people will say Shabazz is not good which is a stupid statement to make. you don't know what you have when you barely average 4 minutes when you get in the game once every 2 weeks.
Blah blah blah, Adelman, blah blah blah, Cunningham stinks, blah blah blah, Shabazz is the greatest, blah blah blah.

How about you change your pitch for once. Stop blaming Adelman on things that aren't his fault. The defense is horrendous all the way around no matter who is in the game and FOR THE 5TH TIME, ADELMAN IS NOT THE ONE ON THE DAMN COURT. The players don't perform in the stretch, how is that on Adelman? Its not, so quit complaining about him because there are a lot of problems and Adelman isn't the biggest one to worry about. The Pelicans were unconscious in the 4th quarter and we played weak defense. That isn't on Adelman whatsoever. The players need to take the initiative to step up and make a stop on defense.

And no, ONCE AGAIN, Shabazz should not be on the court. He isn't good. I watched 17+ games of his in the NCAA and he was nothing special there. He was nothing but a ball hog that patted his stats and thats all he cared about because he just wanted to get to the NBA for the dough. Stop with your obsession on Shabazz, the dude will never amount to anything and the fact that you say I am "stupid" for being realistic on his potential is rather sad.

Now how about you quit complaining about the SAME things EVERY loss? You are obviously too damn bias on these situations to realize that these losses aren't on Adelman, they are on the poor performances in the 4th from the players.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:27 AM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsharp View Post
I am so tired of Adelman.

Was a huge supporter of his but it's clear the game has passed him by.

He has become senile and clueless.

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for Shabazz not getting PT at this point.
THANK YOU!. I know Shabazz is not the savior of the team but how do you know what you got when you don't give the kid a chance? While Cunningham had a good game in Love's absence he needs to know he's a career role player, However his role don't have to be suckage. I wish some team was dumb enough to take Cunningham and JJ but than that GM would be fired for bringing it to his boss.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:39 PM   #145 (permalink)

Announced before tonight's game K-Mart is out for while with broken thumb.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #146 (permalink)

Timberwolves fans need a distraction from this season. Here your go....enjoy.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Timberwolves fans need a distraction from this season. Here your go....enjoy.

That's a great distraction, Seen many of her good runway shots.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #148 (permalink)

We coulda beat Portland tonight but the usual 4th quarter choke job did not help, Nor did playing JJ anytime in the 4th and Daunte being forced to play in 4th, Daunte had a good game til the 4th than disappeared. Shocker Muhammad actually played good when given a chance wow. We HAVE to beat Houston and Denver before the break to have a fighting shot at the playoffs were only 5-5.5 out after tonight so it's manageable. Martin and Pek out won't help this week but hopefully Love is back and Muhammad actually gets to keep playing we will have a chance. Find it funny how Rubio outplayed Lillard all night, Only thing Daunte couldn't contain LA like Love can.

Last edited by Wolves4Life; 02-08-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:46 PM   #149 (permalink)

The season is over.

I said this weeks ago.

There is absolutely ZERO chance this team makes the playoffs.
razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:49 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsharp View Post
The season is over.

I said this weeks ago.

There is absolutely ZERO chance this team makes the playoffs.
Dei hard fans know we have a chance, Hell any person should know we have a chance, We just need to start playing like it.