Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 02:23 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenashcollecto View Post
When Immac drops next week, no one will care that this product ever existed.
I planned on just using the turkey, but that was too short of a message. That being said...

:turkey:

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Haha nothing like wrongly accusing a member.
Coming from the guy that peddles custom jordan game used cards on ebay?

I know how it works. Your buddies pull of keyword spamming and you guys turn a blind eye. Anyone else does it and you report them. The double standard just oozes out of you guys.

I hope everyone uses exquisite and flawless with immaculate in 99% of auctions to make it okay.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Coming from the guy that peddles custom jordan game used cards on ebay?

I know how it works. Your buddies pull of keyword spamming and you guys turn a blind eye. Anyone else does it and you report them. The double standard just oozes out of you guys.

I hope everyone uses exquisite and flawless with immaculate in 99% of auctions to make it okay.
Lol he wasn't keyword spamming. He has had it like that for multiple auctions that were COMPLETED before flawless was even released. (If I'm remembering correctly).

Funny how you ignore that actual fact.

Still hung up on the Jordan's? Lol don't see that applies here. Are you jealous? I offered to send you one!
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #29 (permalink)

u guys do this in every thread, its ok to skip one
Old 11-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojallad View Post
So flawless basketball will obviously pick up some spamming. I counted 10 pages of "flawless basketball", And found 20 items 4%. That included, non flawless cards, sealed case, and Kobe anthology card. Apply that 4% to the entire 2164 listed under "flawless basketball", that's about 86 listings. We also need to take into account the items that already sold of which there are 2850. Apply the same 4% that should take out 114 listings.

So that's ~4800 cards listed on eBay. About 18% of the print run. If you assume that another 10%-15% ( I sold 10% of my break on this forum) of the cards get sold on forums and such. That's another 2600-3900 cards.

7400-8700 total cards that have surfaced or about 28-33%. At the current case prices I don't see the availability of singles going up that much.
It probably would be possible to completely track this set it's so limited. Does anyone have anything going on that?
Jayhawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawkaholic View Post
It probably would be possible to completely track this set it's so limited. Does anyone have anything going on that?
Not sure anyone would bother with this. You can only track as many as you can that is online. However, we don't know how many people would keep cards without posting/sharing. 10%? 20%? The difference of estimating this percentage can affect the outcome of estimating the number of unopened box.

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #32 (permalink)
bmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenashcollecto View Post
When Immac drops next week, no one will care that this product ever existed.
it will be completely forgotten forever!!!!! when flawless comes out next year, people will think it is the first issue!!!!!

lmao let the immaculate hype threads begin!
bmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:15 AM   #33 (permalink)

Just an early update here 2,160 at the time of the thread, tonight only a week and a day later 1,837= Take the hypotenus of the parabola, carry the 1... thats 323 fewer already! And that including all the people adding "flawless" to spam ebay... stay tuned, could really affect prices.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:17 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
Just an early update here 2,160 at the time of the thread, tonight only a week and a day later 1,837= Take the hypotenus of the parabola, carry the 1... thats 323 fewer already! And that including all the people adding "flawless" to spam ebay... stay tuned, could really affect prices.
I don't understand... can you clarify? 323 fewer what?
the27guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:46 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the27guy View Post
I don't understand... can you clarify? 323 fewer what?
read the OP, its basically a thread that unofficially tracks how many flawless basketball listings there are on ebay. in one week there are over 300 less auctions, means its already starting to dry up... ol skool supply and demand says prices should rise over time.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:05 AM   #36 (permalink)

the completed listings are interesting.

lots of sales on lower priced cards... $15-$50. but many of the higher priced cards are closing without sales. of course the more desirable names/cards are the exception.

many of those cards will get re-listed at lower prices. so they'll eventually dry up, but that doesn't mean prices are rising on them.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Lol....... Smh
How i imagine SportItUpCards browses blowout

fastnbulbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #38 (permalink)

So in a week the total number of listings to hit Ebay have gone from ~4800 to ~8400. However the number of active listings has dropped from 2164 to 1799.

After seeing immaculate I don't think it will affect flawless sales. Every pack I opened I was like "I'd rather have a flawless one, I'd rather have a flawless one"
Old 11-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #39 (permalink)

the whole rationale behind this thread is prett-ay prett-ay bad

people not opening cases and listing them on ebay has nothing to do with supply and demand in the context the OP is trying to sound smart in

basically you can apply this ignorant "theory" to any new release
crackberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackberry View Post
the whole rationale behind this thread is prett-ay prett-ay bad

people not opening cases and listing them on ebay has nothing to do with supply and demand in the context the OP is trying to sound smart in

basically you can apply this ignorant "theory" to any new release
It doesn't have to be rocket science dude. I'm sure any statistics and econ guy can break this theory down 100 different ways. But the point is simple. This is the most limited basketball product (ever?) Panini has made. No product is this limited so sales are gonna change a little differently than Threads and Elite. This isn't even like NT. So its worth the watch... you don't have to though
Old 11-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

I also think there are ALOT more listings that are spamming flawless now than there were a week ago. I search flawless a lot, and the last few days there's been a lot of spamming.
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

immaculate is a complete joke comared to flawless, other than the logomans, everything else is not worth collecting in the long run .
2001NBAMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post

So you made this post on Wednesday I believe saying it has gone from 2,160, to 1,837.

I just did a Flawless search on ebay and excluded words like topps and immaculate, and currently there are 1,638.
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #44 (permalink)

All I know is that I am going after the RC Auto Set/25 and the Jumbo Patch RC Set/25 and singles have pretty much dried up. I can't seem to find the ones I need left for my set anywhere!
LeonfromNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #45 (permalink)

so fewer cards listed means that the price will go up?

i think you need to add a few other variables to your equation in order to come to any sort of conclusion
jjjackson32977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
So you made this post on Wednesday I believe saying it has gone from 2,160, to 1,837.

I just did a Flawless search on ebay and excluded words like topps and immaculate, and currently there are 1,638.
Thans for the update

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
All I know is that I am going after the RC Auto Set/25 and the Jumbo Patch RC Set/25 and singles have pretty much dried up. I can't seem to find the ones I need left for my set anywhere!
yea thats what i figured would happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjackson32977 View Post
so fewer cards listed means that the price will go up?

i think you need to add a few other variables to your equation in order to come to any sort of conclusion
i dont think i have to. this isn't a precision experiment this is very simple, this happens all the time with NT RAPs, Preferred RAPs and other high end stuff. if you want to take the time to put together a formula thats fine but for me, i guarantee you the prices go up as the amount listed on ebay go down, just have to see how much.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #47 (permalink)

wth ??? 2012 13 Panini Flawless Diamond Base Brook Lopez 14 20 | eBay
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
It actually looks legit, too. I'm not horribly surprised, there's only 20 to go around.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofkings1281 View Post
It actually looks legit, too. I'm not horribly surprised, there's only 20 to go around.
I would buy at 60- 80 for commons. but 200+ is HOF top 20 zone or this http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-13-Pani...item2331ff4581
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
I would buy at 60- 80 for commons. but 200+ is HOF top 20 zone or this 2012 13 Panini Flawless Pete Maravich Base Diamond Card 64 07 20 | eBay
I'm interested to see what the Maravich will end at...these past few days it seems like there has been a huge upswing in prices on the base cards... but that Brook was crazy stuff.
the27guy is online now   Reply With Quote