Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio47 View Post
What has Lamarcus Aldridge and Anthony Davis achieved?

I understand team success being factor when the stats are close but the stats are nowhere near close between TD and Demarcus. Duncan is not a better player than Demarcus Cousins right now. That would be just complete BS if he makes it and Cousins doesn't. Duncan will never drop back to back 30 point games the entire season. What Duncan does in entire games, Cousins does in just 1 half.

Players shouldn't be penalized for being on teams with bad GM's who don't put talent around them.

The All-Star game is about putting the best players in the NBA on the court for one night. It's not about putting the best players from only the best teams in the NBA. If that was the case, then every player would be from Miami, OKC, SA and Indiana.
Check out Anthony Davis's player efficiency rating and compare it to Cousins. Check out Anthony Davis's defense and compare it to Cousins.
WaiverWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #27 (permalink)

I dont think cousins will ever be all star material
Old 11-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
hwc

If Cousins continues to put up numbers in pts and rebounds, he will get there eventually. He really needs to play better defense and have a better shot selection.
hwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #29 (permalink)

Demarcus Cousins last night goes for 26 Points, 13 Rebounds on nationally televised ESPN game. Team took the L but hell of a game again from Big Cuz.

Cousins currently ranks 2nd amongst PF/C in Points Per game at 22.8ppg. Only K Love is averaging more. Cousins ranked 7th in the NBA in Player Efficiency Rating, 4th amongst PF/C. This guy is going to the all-star game.

Last edited by Gio47; 11-16-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Gio47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #30 (permalink)

Honestly Cousins is a beast. If he can just be a little more consistent and stay out of foul trouble (and hold his temper), he is a bona fide all star for years to come.
He has all the physical tools and skills to be THE dominant big man in the league.
Xiarmadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiarmadillo View Post
Honestly Cousins is a beast. If he can just be a little more consistent and stay out of foul trouble (and hold his temper), he is a bona fide all star for years to come.
He has all the physical tools and skills to be THE dominant big man in the league.
I don't get it. People keep saying he COULD BE a dominant big man when in fact he already IS one of the dominant big man in the league right now. I could understand people saying this if he was averaging 12-15pts, 7-9 rebounds but he's 2nd in points per game at 22pts, getting 10rebounds and #4 in Player Efficiency Rating amongst big men. Only one player in the NBA averaged 20+pts, 9+rebounds (Aldridge) last year.

Last edited by Gio47; 11-16-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't get it. People keep saying he COULD BE a dominant big man when in fact he already IS one of the dominant big man in the league right now. I could understand people saying this if he was averaging 12-15pts, 7-9 rebounds but he's 2nd in points per game at 22pts, getting 10rebounds and #4 in Player Efficiency Rating amongst big men. Only one player in the NBA averaged 20+pts, 9+rebounds (Aldridge)
His being great in Sacramento is like being the king of a small village. People would care more if the village was bigger or more important. Still, impressive #'s. He looked good.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Cousins currently ranks 2nd amongst PF/C in Points Per game at 22.8ppg. Only K Love is averaging more. Cousins ranked 7th in the NBA in Player Efficiency Rating, 4th amongst PF/C. This guy is going to the all-star game.

he's going nowhere if the kings keep losing. you may not think it's right, but he is not a compelling enough player to overcome the good-numbers-on-a-bad-team stigma the assistant coaches tend to ignore.

also his PER looks good because of rebounding but he's also high usage with an average TS% on a team that's losing, so you can make an argument that he's not really helping his team as much as his PER seems to indicate. i'm a blazers fan and I would say the exact same thing about LMA.

Last edited by phil; 11-16-2013 at 06:20 PM.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:45 AM   #34 (permalink)

Default DeMarcus Cousins (27p, 12r, 4s, 3a, 2b)

DeMarcus Cousins (27p, 12r, 4s, 3a, 2b) tonight vs phoenix!

all-star ballot looks real each game!

His defense def improved. I like his chances but also like what anthony davis is putting up as well!

Even tho i pc cousins and I am biased ... the numbers dont lie.

And all of India will be voting DMC to the all-star game this year. gurantee that.
Cousins15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:37 AM   #35 (permalink)

Default B

Quote:
What has Lamarcus Aldridge and Anthony Davis achieved?

I understand team success being factor when the stats are close but the stats are nowhere near close between TD and Demarcus. Duncan is not a better player than Demarcus Cousins right now. That would be just complete BS if he makes it and Cousins doesn't. Duncan will never drop back to back 30 point games the entire season. What Duncan does in entire games, Cousins does in just 1 half.

Players shouldn't be penalized for being on teams with bad GM's who don't put talent around them.

The All-Star game is about putting the best players in the NBA on the court for one night. It's not about putting the best players from only the best teams in the NBA. If that was the case, then every player would be from Miami, OKC, SA and Indiana.

Tim Duncan is easily still better than Cousins.

Tim Duncan vs. DeMarcus Cousins | Basketball-Reference.com

You put Cousins in to an NBA finals and watch him foul out.

The guy can play and he is definitely building a legacy as a 20/10 guy. This is the first season he hasn't done anything dumb......yet.

Hopefully he keeps it up and then he'll be an All Star for sure. He may get it this year, but I think next year is more likely.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobfan8 View Post
Tim Duncan is easily still better than Cousins.

Tim Duncan vs. DeMarcus Cousins | Basketball-Reference.com

You put Cousins in to an NBA finals and watch him foul out.

The guy can play and he is definitely building a legacy as a 20/10 guy. This is the first season he hasn't done anything dumb......yet.

Hopefully he keeps it up and then he'll be an All Star for sure. He may get it this year, but I think next year is more likely.
The All-Star game is predicated on what you do in the regular season, not the NBA Finals or what you've done in the past. Tim Duncan is so old that he can't even play on back to back's anymore. Cousins will put up 10 times better numbers by the all-star break and should easily beat him out. To me, Duncan is not even in the conversation unless you want to do charity and put him in just because of what he has done in the past.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousins15 View Post
DeMarcus Cousins (27p, 12r, 4s, 3a, 2b) tonight vs phoenix!

all-star ballot looks real each game!

wasn't he benched the previous game?
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
wasn't he benched the previous game?
Yes, the backup unit made a big run and the coach left them in. It was a big mistake. Randolph ate them alive inside in the 4Q, may have been different in Big Cuz was in. They had Travis Outlaw covering Randolph 4Q, it was a joke.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #39 (permalink)

He was benched against Memphis because of his attitude and effort, just like the rest of the starters. He was sulking after missing shots and complaining to the refs (stop me if you've heard that one before). There is no doubt that this kid has the talent to be an All Star, but to say that he is better than Duncan is crazy talk. Basketball is much more than just what shows up in a box score.
Housemiller33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #40 (permalink)

Cousins showed a lot of maturity last night, didn't had it going from the field (injured shoulder night before) so he got himself to the free throw line 15 times making 11.

In just 27 minutes, he had a double-double with 19 points, 12 rebounds.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #41 (permalink)

Cousins has a ton of potential and is an interesting talent. Still do not see the impact to the team stats to suggest he is an All-Star talent but I think he has at least started to trend in that direction. The fact is though the team scores more and prevents more points per possession when he in on the bench. All-Stars generally have a positive net impact on at least one of those areas.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #42 (permalink)

Cousins goes off for 29 points, 19 rebounds yesterday against the Clippers. Monster outing.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Cousins goes off for 29 points, 19 rebounds yesterday against the Clippers. Monster outing.
And shows no sportsmanship after the game!
Old 11-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALVINXLIONSX81 View Post
And shows no sportsmanship after the game!
He's a competitor and he was pissed off they loss, in a way I think it shows maturity. Some players can care less about winning and losing.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
He's a competitor and he was pissed off they loss, in a way I think it shows maturity. Some players can care less about winning and losing.
You can be mad about a loss but don't be a sore loser about it, I don't see what the problem with shaking Chris Paul's hand was...
Old 11-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #46 (permalink)

Ladies and gentlemen. Tonight he went off against the clippers.

Please... Halt on the cp3 shaking hands garbage...

The players are not out there to make friends. Its old school. They didnt shake hands in big rivalries. Nothing wrong with it.

People failed to make a big deal out of this...

Isaiah thomas was on the ground and cp3 tried to help him up and deandre jordan grabbed cp3 and told him not to...

He didnt overreact last night at all. Kept his cool. Im telling you idk if its the money but hes motivated this season. This is the year.

Im so glad i pc this guy... Mentality of a winner.
Cousins15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousins15 View Post
Ladies and gentlemen. Tonight he went off against the clippers.

Please... Halt on the cp3 shaking hands garbage...

The players are not out there to make friends. Its old school. They didnt shake hands in big rivalries. Nothing wrong with it.

People failed to make a big deal out of this...

Isaiah thomas was on the ground and cp3 tried to help him up and deandre jordan grabbed cp3 and told him not to...

He didnt overreact last night at all. Kept his cool. Im telling you idk if its the money but hes motivated this season. This is the year.

Im so glad i pc this guy... Mentality of a winner.
couldn't of said it better myself.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #48 (permalink)

Cousins on another tear. Got 35 points, 13 rebounds against All Star PF Lamarcus Aldridge and the Kings beat the Blazers. He's averaging 28.6ppg and 13.6rpg over the last 5 games.

Cousins is currently the 5th ranked player in the NBA in efficiency behind only LeBron, Durant, CP3 and Love.

Last edited by Gio47; 01-08-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #49 (permalink)

thats good to hear, hopefully he can keep his head out of his butt and continue to ball. he has so much potential and its really starting to show.
pingbling23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:38 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmarkers View Post
i think voting is split into front court and back court.. no more specific positions

so there will be 7 front court positions available

durant, griffin, duncan, love, howard are probably in for sure

then there is gasol, gasol, randolph, lee, aldridge, asik, ibaka, nowitzki, parsons, davis, etc

a lot of competition and the kings record will come into play too
100% sure that Gasol bros, Randolph,Asik,I aka,parsons,dirk won't make it. Imo