Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: What to do?
Keep Em! 17 58.62%
Ha...Don't keep them, sell them on eBay as a lot! 4 13.79%
Sell individually 7 24.14%
Other...post below 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Cpr1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,410
Question Opinions Wanted : Looking to move my childhood MJ Collection

I have my childhood Michael Jordan collection of probably 150+ cards and am looking to move it...With that said, what would y'all suggest I do?

Answer in the poll but PLEASE feel free to post in the thread your thoughts.

(UPDATE...added some pics)





Thanks

Colvin
__________________
- Be not afraid of the unknown, for you could be the one to discover it -

G$4

Last edited by Cpr1981; 11-11-2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Added a few scans
Cpr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 943
Default

You should post your 5 best MJ cards
DKfxr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
gonygo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: U.S./east coast
Posts: 3,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKfxr View Post
You should post your 5 best MJ cards
If he does that and the Mj's are nice, he may want to make sure his pm box is clear. lol
__________________
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. I'm both
gonygo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Cpr1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKfxr View Post
You should post your 5 best MJ cards
None are amazing (I don't think)

Just a lot of base and inserts but who knows, maybe I have some priceless insert in there

I see people are saying I should keep them, why?

C
__________________
- Be not afraid of the unknown, for you could be the one to discover it -

G$4
Cpr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Cpr1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonygo View Post
If he does that and the Mj's are nice, he may want to make sure his pm box is clear. lol
I've got room for 1,500...bring em on lol
__________________
- Be not afraid of the unknown, for you could be the one to discover it -

G$4
Cpr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,116
Default

If you have 90s Jordans you are looking to sell, it never hurts to scan some and throw them up here. You will likely get some honest feedback on what you have and some kind people could help with the right plan. If they are some of the better inserts, individual sales are best. Medium to low end and base might do well in lots.

Just beware, there may be some on here that will accuse you of some type of conspiracy to promote your cards if they are indeed any of the better inserts. You will also hear a ton about shilling and some other nonsense since this is technically a thread about 90s MJs :turkey:

Hope you have some sweet stuff!!
GC1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
crazymj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,471
Default

Are they actually good inserts? Cause i've gone through my childhood "PC" and my pokemon cards and they're pretty much worthless even tho i thought they were worth a small fortune when i was young.
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Cpr1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKfxr View Post
You should post your 5 best MJ cards
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonygo View Post
If he does that and the Mj's are nice, he may want to make sure his pm box is clear. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC1980 View Post
If you have 90s Jordans you are looking to sell, it never hurts to scan some and throw them up here. You will likely get some honest feedback on what you have and some kind people could help with the right plan. If they are some of the better inserts, individual sales are best. Medium to low end and base might do well in lots.

Just beware, there may be some on here that will accuse you of some type of conspiracy to promote your cards if they are indeed any of the better inserts. You will also hear a ton about shilling and some other nonsense since this is technically a thread about 90s MJs :turkey:

Hope you have some sweet stuff!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
Are they actually good inserts? Cause i've gone through my childhood "PC" and my pokemon cards and they're pretty much worthless even tho i thought they were worth a small fortune when i was young.
Added a few of them, just grabbed some of the shiny ones

C
__________________
- Be not afraid of the unknown, for you could be the one to discover it -

G$4
Cpr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
CubKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 843
Default

Trade them to me!!!
__________________
NBA: Marbury, Jordan, Kobe, DWill, KD, AI
MLB: Chicago Cubs, Giancarlo Stanton
NFL: Minnesota Vikings, Randy Moss, Adrian Peterson

http://www.freewebs.com/fanofstarbury03/
CubKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Gbulldogs1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpr1981 View Post
Added a few of them, just grabbed some of the shiny ones

C
Can't wait to see them!!!!
Gbulldogs1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Gbulldogs1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,509
Default

I really don't know all the inserts a few of those might be good ones but none I recognize but I am not an expert

Like maybe that metal one and a few others
Gbulldogs1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
ManInTheMirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 32,295
Default

You should do whatever you want to do.
__________________
collecting Nick Foles ---> http://sportscardalbum.com/u/maninthemirror/a/nick-foles

collecting Quarterbacks ---> http://sportscardalbum.com/u/maninthemirror/a/quarterbacks
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Cpr1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubKings View Post
Trade them to me!!!
Whatcha looking to get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbulldogs1010 View Post
I really don't know all the inserts a few of those might be good ones but none I recognize but I am not an expert

Like maybe that metal one and a few others
Yea...like I said, they were my "childhood collection" so I don't know much about the MJ game these days

C
__________________
- Be not afraid of the unknown, for you could be the one to discover it -

G$4
Cpr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Gbulldogs1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpr1981 View Post
Whatcha looking to get?



Yea...like I said, they were my "childhood collection" so I don't know much about the MJ game these days

C
Yeah any numbered cards? I don't see any valuable inserts of note but I may be wrong. I might be interested in trading for the whole lot if I know why value u have on it
Gbulldogs1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Cpr1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbulldogs1010 View Post
Yeah any numbered cards? I don't see any valuable inserts of note but I may be wrong. I might be interested in trading for the whole lot if I know why value u have on it
Ok...lemme check
__________________
- Be not afraid of the unknown, for you could be the one to discover it -

G$4
Cpr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
oceantides23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 34
Default

It depends on why you're looking to move them. Depending on what you have...it may be best to hold onto the memories of your childhood collection if you're not going to get a ton for it. Or...if you've got some of the better inserts maybe you could sell those, pocket some cash, and still have the majority of your cards to keep...

I could also be interested in buying some of your MJ's....so post away my friend!
__________________
Always looking for 90's MJ inserts!
oceantides23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
drobfan8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 408
Default

I reckon keep them, if the cards above are all you have, you may not get that much for them.

I started collecting MJ base from the 90's because he has the best base cards, always a shot of him dunking or his turnaround.

Even though they're not high end, they're always great to look over.
__________________
2014 goals:
Add an 03/04 Exquisite Kobe Bryant /225
Collect 05/06 Exquisite Gold /25
drobfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Kingofkings1281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,812
Default

Your pictures make me nostalgic. I own all of those cards, but what I wouldn't give to have my original binders back from when I was a kid. I miss the feeling of wonder when I pulled an MJ base card.
__________________
Always looking for Vince Carter and Tom Brady.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
oceantides23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobfan8 View Post
I reckon keep them, if the cards above are all you have, you may not get that much for them.

I started collecting MJ base from the 90's because he has the best base cards, always a shot of him dunking or his turnaround.

Even though they're not high end, they're always great to look over.
yeah the 90's mj base cards are sick! Some of those fleer metal subsets could've been sweet inserts on their own as far as how cool they look. "Nuts and Bolts," "Metal Shredders," "Metallized,"....just to name a few!
__________________
Always looking for 90's MJ inserts!
oceantides23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Cpr1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,410
Default

Here it is ladies and gents...I decided to list them ALL as a lot and post em to the bay...

Michael Jordan 347 Card Lot SP RARE 80s 90s Inserts $1 500 Chicago Bulls 23 | eBay

I would love for someone from Blowout to win this lot. Thanks for the suggestions and feedback

Colvin
__________________
- Be not afraid of the unknown, for you could be the one to discover it -

G$4
Cpr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Gbulldogs1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpr1981 View Post
Here it is ladies and gents...I decided to list them ALL as a lot and post em to the bay...

Michael Jordan 347 Card Lot SP RARE 80s 90s Inserts $1 500 Chicago Bulls 23 | eBay

I would love for someone from Blowout to win this lot. Thanks for the suggestions and feedback

Colvin
$1500+ book value?
Gbulldogs1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.