Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
There have been many cards listed at BINs wayyyy too cheap.

People are underselling themselves on this stuff too early!
Ya Ive been looking around and thought the same thing to . I see some great buy it now prices.
Exquisite Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
My intention is not to bash the product, but to simply ask those who were saying this product was so much better than flawless to step up and clarify again why.

That is all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmf View Post
my guess is that a lot of the immaculate hypers have gone into hiding. maybe the most overhyped product in history after seeing the shitt quality
Well I was an Immaculate hyper and I still think it looks amazing. Nothing has changed with the product. The big hits from the previews are still awesome and the RPAs and jumbo patches still are the best patches I've ever seen. The only thing that changed is that there is a Flawless/Immaculate war so the people who liked Flawless are now going nuts and bashing the Immaculate product. And why? Because the first day we saw 5 below average boxes? Like Preferred and NT, there are going to be a lot fo average and below average boxes.

This is a $310-315 product (LCS cost) being sold at $400 and now we are seeing some on ebay sell for $450. Only on here would it get bashed so hard so take it with a grain of salt. If you pull a Lillard, Kyrie, Davis, or even some of the guys like Harkless, Waiters, Thompson, you'll be fine. There are also premiums being paid on nice patches of "avg" players and HOFrs.

So in a nutshell, this isn't supposed ot have the value of a product selling for $1750... but most of these boxes seem to have 50%+ return of ROI and big hit boxes you will make 3-4x your box cost so seems like a worthwhile product to me.

BTW, I would not pay $1750 for Flawless today. Even some boxes with David or Kyrie aren't break even boxes especially with ebay costs factored in. The winners on Flawless were people who got in at $1000-1250 a box or bought singles after the 1st week was over.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #78 (permalink)
bmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinballz View Post
I am happy with immaculate since I did not buy any!!! Really glad I stuck with NT and Flawless for my collection. I guess it will come down to what you want to collect, but I can only think people will start looking at NT RPA over tiny parallel rpa in immaculate.
bingo..........
bmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #79 (permalink)

My summary is as follows:
I have bought zero Immaculate.
I have bought maybe ten Flawless base.

I don't care about ROI or hits because I just buy singles of what I want.
WaiverWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #80 (permalink)

Both products seem great in terms of value per Box / case ... I like Flawless better because I think the cards are designed better and more consistent and Immaculate's designs seems all over the place (Just my opinion, I can see why people prefer Immaculate), but both product are Huge Winners, compared to NT especially

Last edited by MavsRChamps; 11-13-2013 at 07:57 PM.
MavsRChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsRChamps View Post
Both products seem great in terms of value per Box / case ... I like Flawless better because I think the cards are designed better and more consistent and Immaculate's designs seems all over the place (Just my opinion, I can see why people prefer Immaculate), but both product are Huge Winners, compared to NT especially
I think both Flawless and Immaculate win hands-down over NT. NT was terrible this year.
lisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #82 (permalink)

After all of the Immaculate breaks today, I appreciate Flawless a lot more. The only thing that I disliked about Flawless, were all the parallels (ruby, emerald, gold...) and the multiple Team Panini autos per player. Other than that, it's the nicest and cleanest product this year (in my opinion).
Old 11-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew4one View Post
After all of the Immaculate breaks today, I appreciate Flawless a lot more. The only thing that I disliked about Flawless, were all the parallels (ruby, emerald, gold...) and the multiple Team Panini autos per player. Other than that, it's the nicest and cleanest product this year (in my opinion).
prices are going up on singles. wish immaculate gets stronger to give the flawless buyers more time to horde.
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #84 (permalink)

Thread of the year!!!

*popcorn* :turkey:

Long live the king.............. FLAWLESS!

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #85 (permalink)

Everyone will realize now how nice Flawless really was. In return this will drive the price of Flawless up even more.
hatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
prices are going up on singles. wish immaculate gets stronger to give the flawless buyers more time to horde.
Ha, been noticing that. Guess I'm not the only one who's not too impressed with Immaculate. Got a small spike in offers for my Flawless singles today too.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exquisite Man View Post
Ya Ive been looking around and thought the same thing to . I see some great buy it now prices.
Really? Then we should be seeing quite the impressive Immaculate mailday from all the bin's you must be hitting.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
That's exactly how I feel. I wish prices would "tank" on The Flawless singles I still haven't acquired. Someone sell me a Shaq or Kobe dual patch auto for cheap...

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #89 (permalink)

At 1/3 to 1/4 the cost...its pretty hard to compare the two. But given that immaculate is 1/4 the price of flawless currently, I would be a fool not to choose immaculate. The 20 cases I saw opened on blowouttv confirm that this stuff is loaded.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
At 1/3 to 1/4 the cost...its pretty hard to compare the two. But given that immaculate is 1/4 the price of flawless currently, I would be a fool not to choose immaculate. The 20 cases I saw opened on blowouttv confirm that this stuff is loaded.
The next 5-10 caser may be a complete dud. It's to early to know if this stuff is "loaded." Some cards looked nice, but even with the multiple logoman that were pulled etc....Let's see another 5-10 case break, as well as seeing what these cards end up selling for. Then you can better compare.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #91 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonygo View Post
Really? Then we should be seeing quite the impressive Immaculate mailday from all the bin's you must be hitting.
I missed a sick bin within seconds... I should have never hesitated!...I was pissed at myself all night!...

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
I missed a sick bin within seconds... I should have never hesitated!...I was pissed at myself all night!...
Which one bro? The Wilt? Even though i think it went to high, that had ya name all over it.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #93 (permalink)

I cracked 5 cases of NT and only 1 case of Flawless. Honestly, I have to admit..I wish that I had spent my money on Flawless instead of NT. I was going to take a back seat on Immaculate, but I got sucked into the hype of and ordered 3 cases. After watching a couple breaks, I saw sticker autos/chipped corners/redemptions and tacky hat autos.....I was completely and utterly disappointed.
Then I cracked one of my Immaculate cases and hit a Kyrie Auto Numbers Redemption /2 . Immaculate is KINGGGGGGGGGGG best release ever!!!
DKfxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #94 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Which one bro? The Wilt? Even though i think it went to high, that had ya name all over it.
Which Wilt?...The jersey numbered one that went for 2k?.... I don't pay premiums for jersey #d cards so that wasn't really a steal for me... The one I missed was the Shaq Immaculate Jumbo patch...It was sick!

Old 11-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
Which Wilt?...The jersey numbered one that went for 2k?.... I don't pay premiums for jersey #d cards so that wasn't really a steal for me... The one I missed was the Shaq Immaculate Jumbo patch...It was sick!
Ahhhh ok. That was a pretty sweet patch. It was #'d pretty high, but still sweet.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:44 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKfxr View Post
I cracked 5 cases of NT and only 1 case of Flawless. Honestly, I have to admit..I wish that I had spent my money on Flawless instead of NT. I was going to take a back seat on Immaculate, but I got sucked into the hype of and ordered 3 cases. After watching a couple breaks, I saw sticker autos/chipped corners/redemptions and tacky hat autos.....I was completely and utterly disappointed.
Then I cracked one of my Immaculate cases and hit a Kyrie Auto Numbers Redemption /2 . Immaculate is KINGGGGGGGGGGG best release ever!!!
Sorry that your thread about this pull isn't getting much love. lol j/k Sick pull!!! Keep that i love Immac nonsense outta here. Just cause you got lucky, it means NADA about the overall product!!!
Old 11-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #97 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Ahhhh ok. That was a pretty sweet patch. It was #'d pretty high, but still sweet.
Yeah I think it was #d to 32... Probably one of the best Shaq jumbo patches I have ever seen in a Lakers uni!

Old 11-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Sorry that your thread about this pull isn't getting much love. lol j/k Sick pull!!! Keep that i love Immac nonsense outta here. Just cause you got lucky, it means NADA about the overall product!!!
LOL..I know I was kidding. If I had to rank the three it would be:

1.Flawless
2.NT
3.Immaculate

This is only my opinion guys please do not crucify me
DKfxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:

1.Flawless
2.NT
3.Immaculate

I actually agree w this opinion
Old 11-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:

1.Flawless
2.NT
3.Immaculate

Yep, that's about right. If anything, I'd put Gold Standard and NT on spot two..... But that's just me, I love the solid gold cards.

I thought Immaculate had a chance at second place, but I'm not seeing it at all.

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote