Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Immaculate Sales

Does anyone else feel that the majority of Immaculate Cards arent catching bids? Aside from the $100+ cards I feel that nothing is getting any interest. I have 54 cards ending today they are at a whopping grand total of like $250. Whats up. I had flawless COMPLETELY sold 3 days into release
Old 11-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

It's all about the logomen and logo patches. Everything else is just fillers and will continue to go down in value.
minnesotachill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojallad View Post
Does anyone else feel that the majority of Immaculate Cards arent catching bids? Aside from the $100+ cards I feel that nothing is getting any interest. I have 54 cards ending today they are at a whopping grand total of like $250. Whats up. I had flawless COMPLETELY sold 3 days into release
Link me to your auctions so I can take a look. I think Immaculate looks really nice and no idea why prices are so low right now. Maybe collectors have finally no $$ after 20+ releases lol
snsdmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

I agree with OP. The lower end stuff is selling like low end nt already
LeonfromNC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

It is because of....what collectors? LOL
Market is now more and more about investors and flippers. All of them focus on highest of high end, as that is where rich guys are most likely to come in and pay through the roof and get their face ripped off and not care, so that is exactly what is happening. Not many if any of them care for the lower tier players/set etc etc
Xiarmadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Everyone spent their money on Flawless. I've always been in the camp that the most expensive product should be the last product released for the season.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #7 (permalink)

the market in general is really poor right now. in terms of effort vs. return so far Nov has been the slowest month I have had on ebay in 15 years.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
Everyone spent their money on Flawless. I've always been in the camp that the most expensive product should be the last product released for the season.
+1

I spent a good amount on flawless and have barely touched Immaculate. Too soooooon.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

i think it has more to do with collectors feeling overwhelmed by all the new product
Old 11-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

Maybe the product is what it is….A few nice patches/letters and some sweet logoman autos. The rest is just blah. More event worn auto/patches is the last thing that was needed. Immaculate is NT w a twist….Call them the "new" limited logos etc. Bottom line, the prices of the vertical and horizontal rap's will start to drop in price and interest. Supply and demand.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
This!!!. Flawless would have been the icing on the cake. It should have come out last…Oh well.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #12 (permalink)

i think the all-star auto set is really beautiful design.
kiddpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmarkers View Post
i think it has more to do with collectors feeling overwhelmed by all the new product
This along with high end people are getting their fill. There are 3 legit higher end products out. Not all of them are going to pull huge numbers (which is good for everyone but people who are just pumping and dumping)

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #14 (permalink)

things selling cheap is in fact good for people who pump and dump too.
they need to accumulate a holding before the pumping can happen, and the cheaper the better
Xiarmadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #15 (permalink)

Do people not think there is a finite amount of people willing to pay these prices, I mean how many people can afford 1K Kyrie RC's before they start falling? People would be shocked if they actually knew the small amount of high end real "collectors" are out there.
Morgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #16 (permalink)

U see some of the prestige autos? I was going to buy a few guys and possibly grade some stuff. But i mean stephen adams is selling for 40 bucks! Lol. Its crazy some of these rookies are selling for 40-50 dollars where I could see them as 2-5 dollar cards down the road
EricMetcalf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #17 (permalink)

if you dont like prices youre getting, set them to buy it now with best offers, or start them higher in auction & hope for 1 bid. i think starting at least dec 1 this stuff will gradually go up in general across the board when people start buying cards as christmas presents and more time passes from the release of 2 high end products & people recover from buying their flawless. but sealed boxes/cases are only going to continue to go higher at least into the mid 500's. huge cards is what drive these prices & logoman 1/1 autos & 6 logomens will do that.

& theres no way that steven adams prestige autos will be more than at most $10 in a year & they will only be that high if hes actually doing well. the only reason these cards are high now is because people are anxious for the 13-14 stuff.
inopethflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Isn't this pretty much all Panini products?

ALBUM http://www.finalsmvp.com/
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #19 (permalink)

I spent all my money on NT, and got about 1/3 of it back...
Bucket: http://s5.beta.photobucket.com/user/ejdacanay/library/Cards%20and%20Jazz
DUCKanay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #20 (permalink)

Good news for me and other people who have very limited budgets
helstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #21 (permalink)

I haven't bought a single Immaculate card, and don't plan to.
WaiverWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #22 (permalink)

I figured Immaculate sales would be roughly 1/2 of what NT sales were. I was surprised when I saw a Barnes RPA just got for 70 (would have bid but forgot about it). I had offered two other sellers 120 for them yesterday and they declined. Besides the Logos and Prime patches the sales seem to be just a little higher than GS.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #23 (permalink)

I would say that based I the hype, it's a huge let down. Bordering on disaster territory.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #24 (permalink)

It is incredible how cheap these Immaculate cards are selling! I mean Lillard RPA /99 at $400 and $595? I thought these were at least $750-800. I first offered $825 to one of the members here and got all pissy on me. Thank god, he declined. Also Barnes RPA /25 for only $117 and $169??? I thought these were at least $350-$400 card!! I mean NT RPAs are numbered out of 199 and event worn, at least some of the Immaculate cards are game worn. I'm little puzzled. I know that Flawless is still the king but I expected more out of Immaculate. For the record, I had paid A LOT more for Lillard /99 and Barnes /25 in a private transaction
estebahn73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

I would be buying a ton of stuff, but shipping charges are way out of hand.

I have no problems paying $20 for auto patches from this product, but not with $30 shipping on each. Not worth my time. Plus the last 4 people I messaged said no discount on shipping
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote