Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Immaculate HOF/Retired Patches & Titles Winners Question..

Sup guys--

So here's the question: listed a bunch of cards from my immaculate case break last night on eBay, got a lot of retired / HOf patches. Never had so many people contact me about an offline deal as I've had for the Shaq patch #s /32, the Malone patch logos #/36, and the Magic Johnson title winners /5.

Here's my question: when people ask what I'd take offline for these how do I base my ask off of previous sales of these cards, given the quality of each patch in the immaculate set is so different? And for the title winners, none of the magics have sold and the other players have ranged from 400-3000. I think people have lowballed me when making an offer in their first message, tho I'm wary because in the past I've declined higher prices than I've ended up getting leaving a card at auction.

I'd just like to be reasonable, while being reasonable, as we all know this is a hobby, even though eBay is littered with dishonest people. How does an honest case breaker price their items correctly?!??

Any advice about pricing in general, or about these specific cards would be greatly appreciated.

hmoney55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm feeling a bit the same. I have a couple items i pulled, a Carter Patch and a Dirk "N" Nameplate card. I have never with anything else gotten so many requests and emails. Having a tough time trying to sort through all the email and get back to people. I just want to be fair and not piss anyone off.

http://s915.photobucket.com/user/Ifeature/library/ - Lower end Hits & RCs on COMC
smalltown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

Nothing wrong with letting the bids run out but if you must sell offline, here are some of my humble tips:

Shaquille card - these have been selling (although limited sample) for about $260. So this should be your floor. If someone is trying to build the set, they should be willing to pay a premium. I say if you have an offer for $350 or more take it. If there is so much interest, you can cancel the auction (not sure how this is viewed by the community here but I think this is done all the time) and relist as a BO/BI at $499

Magic Card - It should clearly sell over $1k. Anything above $2,000 you have to strongly consider. If not, you can cancel bid an relist at a BO/BIN of $3k. It is a redemption so this will decrease your price a little bit but it should fetch a good loot.

Malone patch - these have been selling between $30-$130. If there is strong interest, consider take anything over $150 or just let the auction run out.
crub2868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Most people that make private offers offline rather than on ebay through BO are usually looking to take you for a ride. Same goes on here. Those that offer you a price but ask you to keep it private tend to extremely lowball you. Its a clear indication that you can get much more for your cards.

Best of luck selling them.

That being said, Ill give you Eleventy dollars for all 3!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the info Crub and Orange, much appreciated.
hmoney55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Man, those title winner cards are going for ridiculous amounts. Eek.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

By the way, with the title winners Magic, it's limited to 5...so I think a more realistic value would be between 5xx-8xx (I'm thinking more around the middle of that pack). Definitely don't think it's a 1k+ card right now, as only the ones that are 1/1 or 1/2 are commanding that kind of coin
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

Auctions on those 2 cards were won by same buyer and relisted...
Nsingerma11 is offline   Reply With Quote