Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 02:02 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
All due respect, you are wrong. Michael Jordan in his 2nd year was destined to be a top 3-4 player eventually and the 1985-86 Bulls still finished 30-52. 1985-86 Chicago Bulls Schedule and Results | Basketball-Reference.com
I'm not saying AD is the next MJ or anywhere close, but to think that superstars always make the playoffs is just flat out incorrect.
All due respect. He did not say he is destined to be a top 3-4 player. he said it is believed he is CURRENTLY a top 3-4 player. Pretty sure the top 5 players in the league can at least make the playoffs this year, ya?
Rabie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:33 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabie1 View Post
All due respect. He did not say he is destined to be a top 3-4 player. he said it is believed he is CURRENTLY a top 3-4 player. Pretty sure the top 5 players in the league can at least make the playoffs this year, ya?
I think he's a top 3-4 player now. NOW. You look at how he's played the last 2 months, as his coach and teammates are learning to play with him, and yes, I think he's been top 3-4 in the league. I do. His PG has been hurt forever and the next best player on the team is drum roll..... the great Tyreke Evans..... (cuz ya know, he's got lots of playoff experience) yet you're going to say that he has to be on a playoff team in the west to be a top 4 player in the league?

Dallas looks like it won't be making the playoffs in the west with a top 10 guy, Dirk, a whole bunch of tried and tested vets and a championship coach. Heck, until last night the Warriors who have LOADS of talent weren't really assured of making the playoffs. Remember this.... good TEAMS have success, and the west is filled with GOOD TEAMS. The Pelicans, outside of their number one guy, are a TERRIBLE team.

Top 4 players in the league NOW....

1. Durant
2. Lebron
3-5 (in some order) Blake, Noah, and Davis.

Who am I missing? Somebody from the Spurs? Who? Harden? Steph Curry? CP3?

Sorry guys, but I'm not taking any of those guys over how well Davis playing right now.... You might talk me into #5.... but I think he's better than all those other guys NOW..... and he's only 21.

But back to my original point.... please let me know if you have any really high end stuff that you'd like to offload before his value sharply decreases this off season
the27guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:54 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
That's because he hasn't played a game since then...
So strictly because he left one game early, and sat out one game, a card that I sold for $500 can now be purchased for $400? So sitting out a game results in a 20% decrees in value? I don't think it's that simple. I think in 5 months, when we look back, you will see that his cards peaked this season sometime around March 20th-25th. I personally think that these cards will eventually be worth more than they sold for during this period... but I also think that he will cool off some during the off season. It happens in every sport. The off season is the worst time to sell and the best time to buy.
Bradforddorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the27guy View Post
I think he's a top 3-4 player now. NOW. You look at how he's played the last 2 months, as his coach and teammates are learning to play with him, and yes, I think he's been top 3-4 in the league. I do. His PG has been hurt forever and the next best player on the team is drum roll..... the great Tyreke Evans..... (cuz ya know, he's got lots of playoff experience) yet you're going to say that he has to be on a playoff team in the west to be a top 4 player in the league?

Dallas looks like it won't be making the playoffs in the west with a top 10 guy, Dirk, a whole bunch of tried and tested vets and a championship coach. Heck, until last night the Warriors who have LOADS of talent weren't really assured of making the playoffs. Remember this.... good TEAMS have success, and the west is filled with GOOD TEAMS. The Pelicans, outside of their number one guy, are a TERRIBLE team.

1. Durant
2. Lebron

Sorry guys, but I'm not taking any of those guys over how well Davis playing right now.... You might talk me into #5.... but I think he's better than all those other guys NOW..... and he's only 21.

But back to my original point.... please let me know if you have any really high end stuff that you'd like to offload before his value sharply decreases this off season
I'm a pretty big AD fan too, but I don't think he's a top 3 player (or even really that close to being one) right now. (Also Noah is not close to being in the top 5).
Old 04-02-2014, 03:02 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD34 View Post
I'm a pretty big AD fan too, but I don't think he's a top 3 player (or even really that close to being one) right now. (Also Noah is not close to being in the top 5).
Maybe not, but in a re-drafting the league type scenario, I could see him being #3
thenwhatjk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenwhatjk View Post
Maybe not, but in a re-drafting the league type scenario, I could see him being #3
Yeah definitely.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:20 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenwhatjk View Post
This is a great point... and probably the best said sentence in the thread. Where does he rank right now? We all disagree. But it's becoming more and more universal that if you redrafted the league right now, he's probably your #3 pick.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #33 (permalink)

He at age 21, has an even higher PER than Lebron at that age. His PER is already top 5 in the league now. Why PER important, top 5 PER of all time, Jordan, Lebron, Shaq, Robinson, Wilt. He does it on both ends of the floor. Scored 20+ points without a point guard. In fact, the PG for Pelicans is bottom 5 (since Holiday's been injured). Likely MIP, maybe DPOY. i dont see his high-ends, rare cards tanking. this year's rookie class is atrocious. who's lining up to get Anthony Bennett NT, Immaculate. or ok, oladipo and MCW. seriously these two over, a Kyrie, Lillard, Davis or Beal of last year?

Top 3 most untouchable, untradeable player in the league now --- 1. Durant, 2. Lebron (not 1 cuz opting out and big three coming to a close), 3. AD
topbasketballfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:05 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:

1. Durant
2. Lebron

CP3, Curry, Harden, Howard and the list is pretty long. He won what, 30 games this season? The guys mentioned above have been doing it for a few years now. A few high end cards u bought of Davis hoping to profit off in a few seasons does not change facts.

Do not get all hyped up. Your "investment" is safe even if you do not make posts like this.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
CP3, Curry, Harden, Howard and the list is pretty long. He won what, 30 games this season? The guys mentioned above have been doing it for a few years now. A few high end cards u bought of Davis hoping to profit off in a few seasons does not change facts.

Do not get all hyped up. Your "investment" is safe even if you do not make posts like this.
Checken or the egg.... I bought the cards because I feel the way that's stated above. You're free to have your opinion, but I don't think any of those guys you just mentioned are playing better ball than Davis. Sorry, I just don't.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Checken or the egg.... I bought the cards because I feel the way that's stated above. You're free to have your opinion, but I don't think any of those guys you just mentioned are playing better ball than Davis. Sorry, I just don't.
Curry is carrying his team without his starting center and PF to the playoffs right now.
CP3 and Griffin have the Clips near the top of the league.
LA is on course to winning 50+ games with the Blazers this season with a crappy inconsistent bench.
Noah? Enough said.
Duncan and Parker have the Spurs top of the league at the moment.
PG24 minus the last poor form have been lighting it up all season.

Not even close pal. I do not care what stats say (PER, plus minus, or whatever crap they come up with to justify any point those experts want to make). If he was the no.3 player in the league, his team will be playing for homecourt advantage in the playoffs right now and not in the lottery with a record close to the Lakers.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #37 (permalink)

hard to argue he's a top 3 player (outside of his stats) now. but hard to argue he's not in a couple of years. as of now, GM would take him 3rd - 6th to start a franchise. durant at his 2nd/3rd year not top 5 either, as it was kobe, lebron, duncan, wade, nash during that time. but my, how's durant doing? jordan too was not considered top over magic/bird until his 3rd-6th year and then they say he wasn't until he won at least 2 rings. upside/potential for davis is huge.
topbasketballfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:36 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by topbasketballfa View Post
hard to argue he's a top 3 player (outside of his stats) now. but hard to argue he's not in a couple of years. as of now, GM would take him 3rd - 6th to start a franchise. durant at his 2nd/3rd year not top 5 either, as it was kobe, lebron, duncan, wade, nash during that time. but my, how's durant doing? jordan too was not considered top over magic/bird until his 3rd-6th year and then they say he wasn't until he won at least 2 rings. upside/potential for davis is huge.
Yup. In a few years he will be a top 5 player in the league and the best big man in the game if he avoids injuries - i never argued that, so i agree with you.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:39 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:

1. Durant
2. Lebron

Cousins has owned Davis in all four matchups this year....just saying.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:50 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacGWYNN19 View Post
Cousins has owned Davis in all four matchups this year....just saying.
You are 100% correct! Question.... does that make Cousins a better player?
Old 04-02-2014, 08:32 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD34 View Post
Lol I was thinking the exact same thing , Noah top five ???? Does that guy know anything about basketball???????
nissandriver77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:32 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissandriver77 View Post
Lol I was thinking the exact same thing , Noah top five ???? Does that guy know anything about basketball???????
Wouldnt surprise me if the next "mailday" thread is a bunch of noah cards

5th best player ever! From the best product ever!! And the rarest 1/1 of all 1/1s ever made!!!!

I also got 5 bucks on his AD thread turning into a "price tracking" one lol
Old 04-02-2014, 10:07 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmarkers View Post

5th best player ever! From the best product ever!! And the rarest 1/1 of all 1/1s ever made!!!!

Pumping a set and pumping a player are like apples and gym shoes though
thenwhatjk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmarkers View Post

I couldn't have bashed it better myself. Thanks.

Search through threads made by many of these pump and dumb guys and all you will see is questions about "investments" and then come the mail days. I feel bad for the real Davis fans..
Old 04-02-2014, 10:45 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
I couldn't have bashed it better myself. Thanks.

Search through threads made by many of these pump and dumb guys and all you will see is questions about "investments" and then come the mail days. I feel bad for the real Davis fans..
Man.... pretty darn harsh....

Good luck to ya.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:44 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
You cannot be a top 3-4 player in the league and not even be close to making the playoffs. He has a future, defiantly. But top 3-4 players in the league? lol.

I watched some of his games this season in which he put up monstrous numbers. But hey, a lot of players did on crap teams this season as well. Hell, Nick Young dropped 40 last night. Afflalo did not make the All-Star team this year because he is putting big number on a crap teams. AD is doing the same right now.

Edit: And i still think Irving, if he gets a proper team and coach around him, will have a better future in the game AND in the hobby.
You can if you're a 2nd year player, this guy is incredible.

Don't forget, the Pels were in the playoff hunt until they had a horrible run of injuries.

Anderson gone for most of the year.

AD, Jrue, Gordon and Tyreke have all missed significant time.

Next year, this team will be in the playoffs, they're not the Wolves. Plenty of talent and they'll be great to watch when healthy.

Oh and you're dreaming about Kyrie being better than AD, no way. But I won't be surprised if Kyrie's cards sell for more than AD. I think they'll both be great though.

Is AD hyped? Yes, way too much, but he's legit.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlaker View Post
i think his stuff has peaked until he combines team success with his amazing individual play, which will be soon enough imo.
This and the answer is A. It just always is A. It can be some of B but NEVER C. I have had a lot of trouble deciding what to do with my Davis auto cards. My heart says keep them and buy more in August. My head says sell now and buy more in August.