Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default My first basketball 1/1 - Pretty sure I got a hell of a steal too!

So I don't really collect much basketball, this is probably the first basketball card I've bought in over a year and the ones I do have are pretty low end.

Won this for $36 dlvd, probably because he had it ending at like 4 in the morning east coast time

The surface isn't the best, so it's a good thing I don't grade cards, but I'm still super pumped to have this as it's a pretty badass looking card IMHO and it's a 1/1.

Only thing I'm not happy about is that it's just a tad too big to fit into a 130 pt one touch and obviously way too small for a 180. Will need to keep it in a toploader, which isn't horrible, but I like to have my 1/1's in one touches.

zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

beautiful card. very nice addition to your PC
Shareef35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Your lucky I didn't see that auction would've set my alarm 5 min before and take it from you lol nice cars congrats
Rob98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys, happy you didn't see it then Rob, haha
Old 04-03-2014, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

That is a great looking card!
Old 04-03-2014, 11:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Great card
Old 04-04-2014, 12:02 AM   #7 (permalink)

Put it in a 180 pt and add a soft sleeve to the back of it. It will fit perfect.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

Nice looking card, congrats on the solid deal!

-Brandon

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) I am the proud 3 time recipient of Blowout's Jester of the Year Award (Funniest Member of the Year) - 2011, 2012, 2013
brandonlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

I tell you what Upper Deck gets a lot of flack for making cards with the college jerseys but this Black product looks nice imo. There are some really nice looking cards in the product this card included. It's truly a shame Upper Deck cannot produce pro cards anymore.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

sweet card man!
rauchand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcwd2000 View Post
I tell you what Upper Deck gets a lot of flack for making cards with the college jerseys but this Black product looks nice imo. There are some really nice looking cards in the product this card included. It's truly a shame Upper Deck cannot produce pro cards anymore.
See, I like that UD can't do the NFL/NBA because it allows them to have the NCAA license.

While people get upset that they cant get NFL/NBA jersey cards in their designs you have to remember that a lot of people also want to collect cards of their college teams.

And as Arizona is going to be putting a lot more players into the NBA in the coming years than in the last few, I'm going to love picking up their UD cards. Can't wait to start seeing some Gordon and Johnson cards next year (although I'm still holding out hope that Johnson comes back for his Senior year)
Old 04-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

Zonacats, I understand your point however Upper Deck could still hold an NBA license and produce a college product every now and then can't they? They could do both as far as I'm concerned. I just want them back making professional cards.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:24 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Zonacats, I understand your point however Upper Deck could still hold an NBA license and produce a college product every now and then can't they? They could do both as far as I'm concerned. I just want them back making professional cards.
I guess they could do both technically, but I'd think if they had the NFL and NBA licenses, they wouldn't want to also pay for the NCAA license
Old 04-05-2014, 01:58 AM   #14 (permalink)

thats a pretty nice looking card, but just realize that upper deck will most likely never get the nba license back. maybe at some point something will change and they would be able to at least use college jerseys/patches, that would be a great thing for them. i dunno why they cant do that now considering they are college players in college uni's on the cards, that would really improve their products. even if they couldnt get the actual game worn uni's they could use current authentic uniforms and have the people wear them for 1 minute and then say they are event used.
inopethflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:17 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Ya those dual/triple books with fake sticker autos and no image of the player sure are beautiful. Aside from the Lustrous, Black was terrible IMO. Not a good set for rookies at all.
Zacy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:50 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacy87 View Post
Ya those dual/triple books with fake sticker autos and no image of the player sure are beautiful. Aside from the Lustrous, Black was terrible IMO. Not a good set for rookies at all.
Panini went out and signed all the top rookies early on. Perhaps Upper Deck was saving their money for the upcoming draft class? I would imagine that an Exquisite product with Wiggins, Randle, Gordon, Exum, etc would do quite well.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #17 (permalink)

Beautiful!!! Nice add!!
HypnotizedCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #18 (permalink)

Very nice! I like the design of black. You could always put one of those white pack spacer things behind the card so it much fit a lil more snug in the one touch. I had to do that for one of mine.
dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote