BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: Who Will Take It - Celts vs. Magic
Celtics in 6 or 7 14 40.00%
Celtics in 4 or 5 2 5.71%
Magic in 6 or 7 15 42.86%
Magic in 4 or 5 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 08:17 AM   #51 (permalink)

Paul Pierce has made it to my list of players I can't stand, such a baby on the court and he flops around like Ginobili. His acting lessons are paying off I guess.
bjtheman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:19 AM   #52 (permalink)

I am sick of flopping in the NBA period. Every player does it at some times, but it just gets so stupid. I really wish the NBA would impose some sort of fine/penalty for flopping. I don't think it should be a part of the game today.

Its Pierce this series, and Atlanta had Josh Smith flopping all over the court. These guys are better players than that.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #53 (permalink)

I hate the flopping crap, too, and have to admit that a couple Boston players really do it quite a bit. I just wish they'd cut the crap sometimes. I understand the purpose, but sometimes too much is just too much.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
Vince Carter got a Technical in game 2 for watching a foul that shouldn't be called in the first place on one of the sideline monitors, and throwing his hand out as if to say no way come on that isn't a foul. Vince didn't say or make any motion towards the refs, it was all towards the sideline monitor he was watching

Perkins deserved that tech, because what he did was worse than what Vince did to get one in game two. Heck, when Wallace got his 6th foul, he did the same hand motion AT ONE OF THE REFS and DIDN'T get a T called.

No one needs to take their homer goggles off but you. I know basketball more than likely better than you. I've watched it for 18 years, coached little league, refereed games, and go to almost every magic home game. Does that qualify me to post this without you telling me I have homer goggles on? The T was justified, as Perkins had been arguing calls all night, and the ref who gave out the T just got sick of it. Happens ALL the time in the NBA. If you complain the way perkins was, or the way Howard does a lot of games, you are going to get T'd up. Howard gets T's all the time for simply arguing calls all night and the refs finally get fed up with it. It is also possible that he said something derogatory which would most definitely warrant a T

The league might recend one of the Ts but only because Wallace might be out with back problems, and Big Baby might have a concussion, and there is no way the league would let their money team go into game 6 at home with litterally no big men.
Isn't about time for a 3rd ID at HK to get banned again?

As for you knowing basketball better than me,doubt it. I have a rough estimate from your last attempts at posting on HK of how old you are,and I've got I think about 10 years on you. I've played HS ball,coached HS ball,including Rafer Alston at one of his many stops in the NYC HS system,been involved coaching CYO leagues in NY & Vegas for roughly the last 14 years. I've seen and been involved more basketball and have interacted with more talent on the court than you could dream of
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:13 AM   #55 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
I'll almost never play the "it's the refs" game,but this has to be one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen
^^^^^ Is a smart man!
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #56 (permalink)

I'm 26 years old so you prob do have 10 or more years on me. I played high school ball too, play league ball in two leagues currently, I could care less what your credentials are, I have just as much love and understanding of the game as you do, and that deserved a technical.

Go ahead and flame all you want. All you did with that response was attack, not defend your point of why it shouldn't have been a tech. I could care less about HK lol. I said I was sorry, hell I said boston looked like the better team and I am a diehard magic fan. If they want to be babies on their boards and hold a grudge because I said bad things about the moderators favorite teams then good for them. The T was deserved, and you have no argument whatsoever against it.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:14 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
I'm 26 years old so you prob do have 10 or more years on me. I played high school ball too, play league ball in two leagues currently, I could care less what your credentials are, I have just as much love and understanding of the game as you do, and that deserved a technical.

Go ahead and flame all you want. All you did with that response was attack, not defend your point of why it shouldn't have been a tech. I could care less about HK lol. I said I was sorry, hell I said boston looked like the better team and I am a diehard magic fan. If they want to be babies on their boards and hold a grudge because I said bad things about the moderators favorite teams then good for them. The T was deserved, and you have no argument whatsoever against it.
See,there we agree

As for the T,the 2nd one was not deserved. Perkins turned and walked away,what a bulk of the players did,reacted a way the bulk of the players do and they had no business giving that 2nd one.

They'll take it away today not because Boston will be without big man depth,but because they know they screwed up.
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:26 AM   #58 (permalink)

What if Perkins said something derogatory while walking away that "everyone there" could hear? That's my only argument for the T being justified. If he said nothing bad while walking away, it shouldn't have happened. Had he said something that shouldn't have been said, like "THAT'S BULL S**T", then the T was deserved. He definitely said something, but as TV watchers, we couldn't hear it.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #59 (permalink)

They recended one of the techs which again, I argue how he can get it taken away when Vince got one for not saying or motioning anything towards a ref. It is pretty unfair in my opinion.

Also, Pierces foul when he pushed JJ got upgraded to a flagrant 1, which is completely deserved.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:18 PM   #60 (permalink)

YouTube - 2008 nba champs celtics- gino dance

GINO! Go Celts!

Go fly away Dwight....
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote