Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Shorted an auto on Certified

My buddy didnt get an auto from a certified break. He got 2 patches, 1 jsy, and and emerald base of darko. Heres the thing though, he doesnt video his breaks and i dont know how panini handles these issues without video proof. How does he go about with this? Is this worth contesting for or will they basically just tell him to get drunk and lay on the railroad track since he has no vid proof? TIA
Old 05-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Max

Yeah I was shorted a hit from my certified box. I got 3 lousy jersey cards. No autograph. However panini was great they sent me a Darren Collison rookie auto as a replacement. I sent panini a letter and cut out the UPC code on the box. Hope your friend still has the box. Plus panini sent me the replacement pretty fast.

Tell your friend to contact panini assuming he still has the box with UPC code
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

he still has the box and he did the procedure on their website already and he even tried contacting them but he got voicemail so now hes waiting for their return call. but the part thats unclear in their instructions was i think they want him to send all the cards in the box? did you have to do that? thanks for sharing your similar experience btw

nice auto card they gave you too...they made up for the inconvenience
Old 05-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boldstar6 View Post
he still has the box and he did the procedure on their website already and he even tried contacting them but he got voicemail so now hes waiting for their return call. but the part thats unclear in their instructions was i think they want him to send all the cards in the box? did you have to do that? thanks for sharing your similar experience btw

nice auto card they gave you too...they made up for the inconvenience
No you don't have to sent the cards from the box. All you have to send is the purchase receipt, the box cut out of the serial number, and use the packing list thing that you have to print out from the claim that you filed. They are pretty good about taking care of it.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boldstar6 View Post
Well I never called them. All I did was send them a letter with UPC code to their customer service address. I think I threw a few wrappers in my letter as well but no I did not send them any cards.

Tell your friend to call again if he is not sure. I never called. I posted my replacement a awhile back on the basketball breaks forum
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Corner View Post
No you don't have to sent the cards from the box. All you have to send is the purchase receipt, the box cut out of the serial number, and use the packing list thing that you have to print out from the claim that you filed. They are pretty good about taking care of it.
heres the tricky part though, i bought the box since my buddy doesnt have BO account nor paypal but i already gave him the email receipt for reference. He filed the claim to panini and uploaded a pic of the UPC# and the purchase receipt i gave him. Hopefully by me purchasing the box will not create any problems with panini.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Well I never called them. All I did was send them a letter with UPC code to their customer service address. I think I threw a few wrappers in my letter as well but no I did not send them any cards.

Tell your friend to call again if he is not sure. I never called. I posted my replacement a awhile back on the basketball breaks forum
cool thanks!
Old 05-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to boombaby_rm31

i pulled a damaged card and i lost the receipt, and i also forgot which box is it from... what should i do?
boombaby_rm31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombaby_rm31 View Post
i pulled a damaged card and i lost the receipt, and i also forgot which box is it from... what should i do?
It depends on how much the card is worth. If it is real expensive I would cry. If it was just a cheap jersey I would put it in the spokes of my bicycle and pretend it is a motorcycle. Actually now that I have a motorcycle I would put it in the spokes of my motorcycle and watch it catch on fire. That would be way cooler.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Corner View Post
It depends on how much the card is worth. If it is real expensive I would cry. If it was just a cheap jersey I would put it in the spokes of my bicycle and pretend it is a motorcycle. Actually now that I have a motorcycle I would put it in the spokes of my motorcycle and watch it catch on fire. That would be way cooler.
yeah i know what you mean bro, i just filed a request, and i have to send them the TIN! it would cost me around 10dollars to send them the tin and the card is just an ugly patch.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
I actually had a damaged card and didn't have my info. I went through the online process and through some writing back and forth, they gave me a replacement without all my paperwork. They said they could do it one time for me. I sent back the card and that was all. Can't remember how long it took to get the replacement, but it wasn't too bad. Bottomline is.....be nice, ask for them to help you in a respectful manner and I think you will make out OK. Panini seems to be really good with issues of missing/damaged hits and with honoring expired redemptions. I am sure there are examples of unhappy people, but overall, they seem to be about the best.
Highlander23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander23 View Post
I actually had a damaged card and didn't have my info. I went through the online process and through some writing back and forth, they gave me a replacement without all my paperwork. They said they could do it one time for me. I sent back the card and that was all. Can't remember how long it took to get the replacement, but it wasn't too bad. Bottomline is.....be nice, ask for them to help you in a respectful manner and I think you will make out OK. Panini seems to be really good with issues of missing/damaged hits and with honoring expired redemptions. I am sure there are examples of unhappy people, but overall, they seem to be about the best.
did you also send your box??
Old 05-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
did you also send your box??
No, just the card. I was surprised. It wasn't a huge money card, but it was a Certified Patch of Clinton Portis, numbered to 25, so it was pretty decent. I described the damage to the web person and said I didn't have any documentation. They said they could help me out on this "one time only" and to just send the card in. I think i had to mark it with a case number from my web discussion, but I think that was about it.
Highlander23 is offline   Reply With Quote