Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default look at how fake this is and people are still bidding

08-09 Exquisite Derrick Rose Patch Auto RC 3 Colors /50 - eBay (item 350355654888 end time May-22-10 18:22:53 PDT)

08-09 Exquisite Derrick Rose Patch Auto RC 3 Colors /50

I think the card and patch is authentic just not the auto

Last edited by hipro1994; 05-22-2010 at 04:09 PM.
hipro1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

What makes you so sure its fake?
bballcardheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

the auto just doesnt look right
Old 05-22-2010, 04:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Inactive Account

thats not fake they have been giving those out as redemption replacements, hoping thats what I get for my durant ud black replacement
daners7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Inactive Account

I agree though the auto looks odd, but the ones i've seen of those have looked that way
daners7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

First of all, that card is completely real. You need to do your research. Where would someone be able to buy a blank version of that card /50 to fake the auto? The Auto looks real. You don't just going around making threads calling something completely fake when you aren't positive.
bballcardheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

sorry for thinking it was fake i guess i was wrong the auto just didnt look right to me
Old 05-22-2010, 06:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

Card is 100000000000000% authentic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballcardheaven View Post
You don't just going around making threads calling something completely fake when you aren't positive.
I agree with this. Ask first before making false claims.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Ah, the good old "Real or Fake" posts love them

Here at BO it is easy to tell if they are real or fake!
Golden rule: If the poster owns it it is real if it is a very nice auto/patch and they don't own it, it is fake

Criminal Justice Schools Online: Find your match for an online Criminal Justice program, instantly!

FBI Training
The selection of FBI agents is extremely competitive, and training varies by the area of focus. Some specific fields include:

Cyber crime and other high-tech crimes

This should cover FAKE autos/patches, we need to stop this crime now
I'm to old and already work for the government so maybe someone here can do it!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipro1994 View Post
sorry for thinking it was fake i guess i was wrong the auto just didnt look right to me
I don't like the look of the auto either.

Some times, the backs of these auto cards will have a certificate of authenticity. Just some simple printed text saying the "autograph on the front is guaranteed by upper deck blah blah". I'm not sure if Exquisite cards do that, but Panini is very good at doing that, even with their low end product . They make it very clear as to what cards should have the auto, and what cards shouldn't. So buyers can know: if the card doesn't have built in text saying something about a certified autograph, then any auto on the card is NOT certified as being put on their by the manufacturer.

If the back of this card has the certificate of authenticity on it, then the seller could have posted a 2nd pic on this auction. As a seller, I always try to post pics that let the buyer see that certificate for any auto card.

But some sellers, if they sell lots of cards, might try and save 15 cents and some time by excluding a 2nd photo. If this card has a cert on the back, I think the seller should have taken a pic of the back of the card. But it's also possible the back doesn't have the cert, so there was nothing the seller could do, so why spend the extra 15 cents and time?

This is another reason why I'm not totally against sticker autos. Granted they are not as cool as on card autos, but the sticker usually has some very fine printed text and has some color refracting on it, which provides some small level of authenticity, especially in the case where are card has no text signifying a cert of authenticity.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alazarevich View Post
Some times, the backs of these auto cards will have a certificate of authenticity. Just some simple printed text saying the "autograph on the front is guaranteed by upper deck blah blah". I'm not sure if Exquisite cards do that, but Panini is very good at doing that, even with their low end product.
Yes. All Exquisite Auto cards have a COA on the back.

This Rose card was only released through redemption replacement, not into packs like the other player hot box cards. Also, iIt was only released in Auto/Patch form. A non auto version of this card does not exist, so I don't see how anyone could possibly obtain a non signed copy and then forge a signature on it.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
Yes. All Exquisite Auto cards have a COA on the back.

This Rose card was only released through redemption replacement, not into packs like the other player hot box cards. Also, iIt was only released in Auto/Patch form. A non auto version of this card does not exist, so I don't see how anyone could possibly obtain a non signed copy and then forge a signature on it.
Ah okay, thanks for the info about Exquisite cards. That's good to know. I want to buy some in the future, and that info will help me.

In that case, I think the seller could have posted a 2nd pic of the back of the card with the cert on it. That way a buyer wouldn't need to know the above information that you know, nor would they need to do research to find out. They could just look at the 2nd pic, see the cert, and say, oh yes, this card is supposed to have an auto on it, so it's as legit as UD says it is.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote