Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bucks moving to Seattle could make all the owners lot of money

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-own...192047669.html
The league can buy the bucks for $575 million if milwaukee does not get a stadium done. The league could then sell the team to Seattle for 1.6 billion dollars. Every owner would make a lot of money. I would hate to see the bucks leave but if that much money is on the table, I don't think milwaukee has a chance. Discuss.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Bring back the ole supersonics!

ALBUM http://www.finalsmvp.com/
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

I AGREE!!!!
Bubsteris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

do the owners even need alot of money? lol.......... I mean honestly.............
Old 10-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'd be sad if the Bucks left Milwaukee. The Sonics should never have left Seattle - but it would be a shame if they got a team back at Milwaukee's expense.

http://s915.photobucket.com/user/Ifeature/library/ - Lower end Hits & RCs on COMC
smalltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

This is just some more Bill Simmons nonsense. Dont feed the few trolls on here that will jump on this.

The Bucks arent going anywhere especially with the new Milwaukee area investors that were just named this morning.

My Ersan Ilyasova, Luc Mbah a Moute, & Larry Sanders Collection
http://milwbucks.webs.com/
oshmeehan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Didn't the Bucks just get new owners as well? The one had his young, hot daughter at the draft lottery, correct?
440shane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

This is another example how uninformed this board is. Rumors and rumors. Bucks just anonouced another investor, Jamie Dinan.
James Dinan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dinan is the founder, chairman and CEO of York Capital Management, of New York City.

Jamie Dinan (right) with Marc Lasry (left) and Wes Edens

Do people really believe these guys will sell the team back to the NBA for a lousey $25M after what the Clippers sold for?

Members here should stop sh*tting on the Bucks without checking the facts.
hoopster3977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshmeehan View Post
This is just some more Bill Simmons nonsense. Dont feed the few trolls on here that will jump on this.

The Bucks arent going anywhere especially with the new Milwaukee area investors that were just named this morning.

This what is Bill Simmons looked like making that conspiracy theory prediction.
hoopster3977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:56 AM   #10 (permalink)

Bucks are not going anywhere. They just added 7 more minority owners. With some of them being minority's. NBA wants more black owners even if they are only minority owner. I say it's 80-90% Bucks get a new arena.

Seattle needs to get over the idea they can "steal" someone else's team. Fact is NBA will only come back to Seattle is if the NBA ever expands. Even then I bet your looking into close to a $1 billion dollar buy in fee to get a franchise.

http://s445.photobucket.com/user/GBP4EVER/library/Green%20Bay%20Packer%20PC?sort=3&page=1
packman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:29 AM   #11 (permalink)

nba wont want bucks to leave milwaukee anyway, milwaukee is still a big city & area and has a long nba history, the nba isnt gonna want a team thats been around that long to move, especially when seattle did move and that got a lot of backlash. i wouldnt be surprised if sometime after the new tv deal and next labor deal get done if they would add a team in seattle. or maybe make 2 expansions to keep it even.
inopethflames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:03 AM   #12 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by packman80 View Post
Bucks are not going anywhere. They just added 7 more minority owners. With some of them being minority's. NBA wants more black owners even if they are only minority owner. I say it's 80-90% Bucks get a new arena.

Seattle needs to get over the idea they can "steal" someone else's team. Fact is NBA will only come back to Seattle is if the NBA ever expands. Even then I bet your looking into close to a $1 billion dollar buy in fee to get a franchise.
Tell it to Clay Bennet, pal.

On the side, I, as a Seattle SuperSonics fan, do not want the Bucks, Clippers, Kings, or any other team leaving their homes to come to Seattle. I do not want people losing their teams. If the NBA ever wants a single crusty penny from me ever again (which they don't), then they can dismantle the OKC Blunder and move that team back to Seattle, rightfully. OKC can get an expansion team.

Before I get lambasted, I don't go to Starbucks either, Wally Walker, (More like Wally Wanker) is a buffoon, the mayor of the city at the time was/is an idiot and Clay Bennett is a thief, acquiring the team under the guise of keeping them at home. It's very clear, Seattle is looking to move a team to their city and being upfront about it, Bennett, was not.

Everything fell apart with Jim McIlvaine/Shawn Kemp. I can't knock Jim for taking the money. Kemp wanted more money and they told him to screw himself. While I think that Kemp should have just stuck around to achieve the inevitable championship(s) to come regardless, they should have given him the money. He was worth it, carrying the team on his back through the playoffs.

brb crawling into the fetal position under my bed and crying

Super collecting Sergei Bazarevich.
AbraCalabro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:11 AM   #13 (permalink)

Seattle will have a team again. Just a matter of who and when.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:26 AM   #14 (permalink)

I am a bucks fan and I live in the milwaukee area. There is a slim chance that public money will go towards a stadium. The five county area around milwaukee is still paying on the Brewers stadium tax that was supposed to be done soon but they did not raise enough money so it has been extended. 3 of the counties have already past a no tax for the stadium measure. Unless these new investors pony up all the money, I don't see it happening. The bucks have $200 million committed and they need another $200 - 300 million more. It won't be coming from a public tax. The state as a whole won't be paying for it. Maybe the stadium planners can get something on the state tax form. Lambeau field has a contribution box when you do your state taxes, maybe a milwaukee stadium could also.
Also, the amount the league would buy the team for it already set in the contract. The new owners need to get the stadium done to get out of that clause.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:29 AM   #15 (permalink)

It is amazing how short-sighted a lot of citizens can be. I believe the Miller Park tax comes out to about $10 a year per individual and you have people bitching about that when they have no problem throwing $10 away at the bar or on a trip to McDonalds.

I am positive though it will get done even with some amount of public money (whether citizens agree with it or not)

My Ersan Ilyasova, Luc Mbah a Moute, & Larry Sanders Collection
http://milwbucks.webs.com/
oshmeehan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:31 AM   #16 (permalink)

The Seattle Salmon has a ring to it
Bucket: http://s5.beta.photobucket.com/user/ejdacanay/library/Cards%20and%20Jazz
DUCKanay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:56 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earvin32 View Post
I am a bucks fan and I live in the milwaukee area. There is a slim chance that public money will go towards a stadium. The five county area around milwaukee is still paying on the Brewers stadium tax that was supposed to be done soon but they did not raise enough money so it has been extended. 3 of the counties have already past a no tax for the stadium measure. Unless these new investors pony up all the money, I don't see it happening. The bucks have $200 million committed and they need another $200 - 300 million more. It won't be coming from a public tax. The state as a whole won't be paying for it. Maybe the stadium planners can get something on the state tax form. Lambeau field has a contribution box when you do your state taxes, maybe a milwaukee stadium could also.
Also, the amount the league would buy the team for it already set in the contract. The new owners need to get the stadium done to get out of that clause.
These are all great points. Do keep in mind the bucks are not the only reason for a new stadium. Owners will get money from concerts, marquette basketball marquette boosters. Etc. admirals hockey. Bucks play a total of 43 games a year there. 41 regular 2 preseason. This doesnt even include wwf ncaa tournament games etc. you are right it will not be publicly funded but both candidates for governor walker and burke are for the stadium.
nickha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:23 PM   #18 (permalink)

The new owners are also investment bankers. They want a arena downtown so they can develop the area around it and make even more money.

http://s445.photobucket.com/user/GBP4EVER/library/Green%20Bay%20Packer%20PC?sort=3&page=1
packman80 is offline   Reply With Quote