Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 08:53 AM   #26 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Dear "Rev" Jackson:

Please kill yourself and make the world a smarter place.

Thanks,

The World

Funny how JJ hasn't chimed in on the whole Mel Gibson using the N-WORD.

Probably because he shares a kinship with Mel in his thinking towards the Jews.

It's also kind of funny because Jackson USUALLY makes veiled extortion threats to companies before he makes statements like this.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #27 (permalink)

My brothers in cards i think you are blowing this even more out of proportion than Jesse is.

Gilbert's comments were not racist. And as far as I saw it, had a Delonte West or Daniel Gibson left in FA i'm quite sure the departure of lesser talents wouldnt have sparked such a debate. Lebron was ohio-bred with incredible star power and he didnt tell his old boss that he was leaving. The problem is no matter how anyone wants to spin it, Lebron was a FA and didnt have to tell Gilbert if he didnt want to! Quitter? Unprofessional? In a league where players get trade notifications by text and fired by email, its hard to feel sorry for gilbert or any owner for that matter!

the fact of the matter is, Gilbert was wrong. Owners cant start attacking Free agents because they dont want to play for their team. Its very childish arrogant and self centered.

He didnt get fined because Jesse Jackson spoke against his remarks ( think about it, do u REALLY think Jesse Jackson has that much stroke? to the point he can get Gilbert fined 100k mere hours after his remarks hit the air? LOL) What Jesse did was make an analogy, and unless you can understand the parallel most of you won't get it. Post civil war, Slave masters felt that after feeding and sheltering a slave and his family for years, that slave was forever indebted to him, regardless of work the slave and the slaves family did in the field-and despite the fact that slaves were free, 70% of em stayed with their slave master! Is it the most accurate analogy? probably not but as long as some people find it to be relevant, than it is. But it has to be established that Jesse was NOT calling Gilbert a racist!

Buying: Anything #ered to 10 or less, all Rookie Jersey/Patch autos
Twizzla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #28 (permalink)

The fine had alot to do with the dummy Jackson speaking out. If it was a fineable offense yesterday, it was a fineable offense the moment he sent it. The fact that Stern waited as long as he did to hand out the fine has tons to do with what the moron said
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #29 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizzla View Post
But it has to be established that Jesse was NOT calling Gilbert a racist!
No but he DID compare Gilbert to a slave owner thereby bringing race into the issue.

If jackson had compared Gilbert to a 16 year old boy who's girlfriend broke up with him there would be no issue.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:42 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
My brothers in cards i think you are blowing this even more out of proportion than Jesse is.

Gilbert's comments were not racist. And as far as I saw it, had a Delonte West or Daniel Gibson left in FA i'm quite sure the departure of lesser talents wouldnt have sparked such a debate. Lebron was ohio-bred with incredible star power and he didnt tell his old boss that he was leaving. The problem is no matter how anyone wants to spin it, Lebron was a FA and didnt have to tell Gilbert if he didnt want to! Quitter? Unprofessional? In a league where players get trade notifications by text and fired by email, its hard to feel sorry for gilbert or any owner for that matter!

the fact of the matter is, Gilbert was wrong. Owners cant start attacking Free agents because they dont want to play for their team. Its very childish arrogant and self centered.

He didnt get fined because Jesse Jackson spoke against his remarks ( think about it, do u REALLY think Jesse Jackson has that much stroke? to the point he can get Gilbert fined 100k mere hours after his remarks hit the air? LOL) What Jesse did was make an analogy, and unless you can understand the parallel most of you won't get it. Post civil war, Slave masters felt that after feeding and sheltering a slave and his family for years, that slave was forever indebted to him, regardless of work the slave and the slaves family did in the field-and despite the fact that slaves were free, 70% of em stayed with their slave master! Is it the most accurate analogy? probably not but as long as some people find it to be relevant, than it is. But it has to be established that Jesse was NOT calling Gilbert a racist!
Well thank ya massa... ah do beleez ah see da light
Old 07-13-2010, 10:44 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk247 View Post
Well thank ya massa... ah do beleez ah see da light
You've been practicing to fit in,eh?
Old 07-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #32 (permalink)

Hawk- Not cool dude

Zinck- You are right my friend. And i'm not saying that Jesse should have went there! You can't compare spilled milk to an oil spill, the level catastrophe vastly differs lol. And IMO that's what he did, but at the same time that's all the Jesse pretends to know, and lost in all of this is the fact that Jesse DID make one hell of a valid point once he got away from the whole slave master angle.

All i'm saying is, jesse wasn't the ONLY person in America thinking that, and damn sure wasn't the only black person thinking that. And there is an underlying reason as to WHY people thought that, and its quite ignorant to be dismissive of what you don't truly understand! Despite vastly improved race relations, it is still a VERY prevalent issue in our society- Jesse is being Jesse as much as Manny is being Manny. But it should be dually noted that while his analogy invoked race, his point made did not!

And BTW, Stern informed Gilbert of the fine prior to Jesse Jackson's comments hitting the air. Stern is the same guy that outlawed players from wearing casual clothing to games, the guy was MUCH more concerned with the impending owners vs players media war brewing a year prior to labor negotiations-fair to say that would hurt the league MUCH MORE than anything Jesse Jackson could say.

Anyway, my issue i guess has little to do with what both Jesse and Gilbert said, and more to do with the responses in this thread. Some of u guys needs to really tone it down. This really isn't the place for it

Old 07-13-2010, 12:59 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Hawk- Not cool dude

Zinck- You are right my friend. And i'm not saying that Jesse should have went there! You can't compare spilled milk to an oil spill, the level catastrophe vastly differs lol. And IMO that's what he did, but at the same time that's all the Jesse pretends to know, and lost in all of this is the fact that Jesse DID make one hell of a valid point once he got away from the whole slave master angle.

All i'm saying is, jesse wasn't the ONLY person in America thinking that, and damn sure wasn't the only black person thinking that. And there is an underlying reason as to WHY people thought that, and its quite ignorant to be dismissive of what you don't truly understand! Despite vastly improved race relations, it is still a VERY prevalent issue in our society- Jesse is being Jesse as much as Manny is being Manny. But it should be dually noted that while his analogy invoked race, his point made did not!

And BTW, Stern informed Gilbert of the fine prior to Jesse Jackson's comments hitting the air. Stern is the same guy that outlawed players from wearing casual clothing to games, the guy was MUCH more concerned with the impending owners vs players media war brewing a year prior to labor negotiations-fair to say that would hurt the league MUCH MORE than anything Jesse Jackson could say.

Anyway, my issue i guess has little to do with what both Jesse and Gilbert said, and more to do with the responses in this thread. Some of u guys needs to really tone it down. This really isn't the place for it
Isn't this exactly the place for it? On the internet...on a message board...where all kinds of issues get talked about and opinions are heard?
loganc169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #34 (permalink)

logan- I assumed that discussion concerning sports cards went on here

In the sports message board community i know most moderators run a tight ship, and I love theorizing and discussing topics like this, but I assume its equally important for those in charge of this site to make sure things don't get out of hand.

This discussion will rapidly shift from Dan Gilbert's comments to why black people are stuck in the past or play victim, and my friend just go and google those words and you will see just how heated this debate gets. I'm all for free speech, but i simply thought there would be a vested interest to keep things on these boards sports and memorabilia related.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Hawk- Not cool dude

Twizzla whatever that means...I'm pretty sure they are called Twizzlers... Anyway, You and people like you are the main reason why racism still exists in this country... I guess YOU truly understand what its like to be a slave.... It's time to get over the whole my ancestors were slaves so have pitty on EVERY black person in America.... You should look at it like a blessing in disguise...If it werent for the slave trade the black people of America would be living in Africa dying of everything from starvation,AIDS to the common cold..... Think about it
Old 07-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #36 (permalink)

Can someone tell me where to get one of those $20 million a year slave jobs, I'd be glad to take it.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Twizzla whatever that means...I'm pretty sure they are called Twizzlers... Anyway, You and people like you are the main reason why racism still exists in this country... I guess YOU truly understand what its like to be a slave.... It's time to get over the whole my ancestors were slaves so have pitty on EVERY black person in America.... You should look at it like a blessing in disguise...If it werent for the slave trade the black people of America would be living in Africa dying of everything from starvation,AIDS to the common cold..... Think about it
I really feel that the esteemed Mr. (I will not call him a Reverend for obvious reasons) Jackson only speaks for a realtive handful of black people in America. Unfortunately, that handful are the loudest group and as they say, "The squeeky wheel gets the grease."
D3A3L3E3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:

Hawk, it's not even worth getting into it with you dude. "having PITTY on every black person in America..." ????? This alone tells me that you are an ignorant, insecure, narrow minded human being with terrible people skills and even lesser intelligence on the topic at hand. Racism exists NOT because me "or anyone like me" (as you say) thinks it does, racism exist because people like you still have these poorly contrived pre-conceived notions on how people, cultures and sub cultures are. The fact that NOTHING you have said even remotely addresses any of the points made in this thread tell me you are incapable of having this conversation. Chances are you will die stupid my friend. Good Luck & God Bless

Moving on......

@ KaraandMellies- you and I both! But it's safe to assume that Jesse wasn't suggesting that at ALL dude. This had nothing to do with money and I think you know that!

@ D3A3- At least SOMEBODY understands that! You'll find that most black people don't give a crap about Jesse or his antics. But for some reason, people outside the black community just assume people like Sharpton and Jackson are the official voice of the African American Population.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
But for some reason, people outside the black community just assume people like Sharpton and Jackson are the official voice of the African American Population.
It's not just people outside the community but those inside as well. This is true for every outspoken minority group. Nearly ALL people that hear them think they are represented by a larger number of people than they truly are.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Chances are you will die stupid my friend. Good Luck & God Bless .

LMAO... Thanks I really needed that....By the way Youre welcome....Thanks to my ancestors you are here in this great country Living it up in "Sunny Miami Florida".
Old 07-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #41 (permalink)

Gotta love how these threads go. How about this? Everyone in this situation is totally wrong. Lebron-Gilbert-Jackson-Us Posters. We all give this legs, and perpetuate continued racism on both side. We also allow 25 year old man boys to feel that they have the power to call the whole world to an announcement that should have come from his twitter account or the Miami Herald.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:09 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
Gotta love how these threads go. How about this? Everyone in this situation is totally wrong. Lebron-Gilbert-Jackson-Us Posters. We all give this legs, and perpetuate continued racism on both side. We also allow 25 year old man boys to feel that they have the power to call the whole world to an announcement that should have come from his twitter account or the Miami Herald.
I like this post! Now, can we lock this thread sometime soon?
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:12 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
I like this post! Now, can we lock this thread sometime soon?
CLICK!

I don't think it will work but, hey, I tried.
D3A3L3E3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3A3L3E3 View Post
CLICK!

I don't think it will work but, hey, I tried.
I do appreciate your effort. I am not trying to be rude, but I think there could be a use for about two more mods around. Threads like this are getting out of control almost daily.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #45 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
All i'm saying is, jesse wasn't the ONLY person in America thinking that, and damn sure wasn't the only black person thinking that.
I think you are wrong. Jesse probably was one of the only people thinking it. He is a piece of garbage, and between him and Sharpton, they don't have single redeeming quality, nor have they done anything worthwhile for this society. However, sadly, they both have ignortant morons who follow them, and so they continue to get press.

Remember the greeting card that was racist? Yeah. What a useless waste of space he is.
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #46 (permalink)

Most of the black community in Cleveland had no problem and completely understood why Lebron left.
Dummy Jackson felt the need to come out about because it's been a while since him and his bugeyes were seen on TV
Old 07-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
I do appreciate your effort. I am not trying to be rude, but I think there could be a use for about two more mods around. Threads like this are getting out of control almost daily.
This is another post of yours I like!
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:36 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Best post of this thread
Old 07-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Hawk you crossed the line.you are a worthless scum who will rot in hell.you mean to tell me people get banned for cursing but this dude can make racist a$$ comments..come on mods of blowout
willisguy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willisguy52 View Post
Hawk you crossed the line.you are a worthless scum who will rot in hell.you mean to tell me people get banned for cursing but this dude can make racist a$$ comments..come on mods of blowout
Watchu talkin bout Willis?...I said nothing racist