Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 09:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default UPPER DECK REPLACEMENTS SOLID Jordan 1/1

Mods can delter this thread as far as I am concerned, too much kid stuff for me.

Super long time BO buyer, and forum reader but never signed up here until now.

Ben with Upper Deck took care of me and my replacement that I have been waiting a while for.

I am again a fan of Upper Deck and this transaction reminds me of how they used to take care of their customers in the late 90's.
I had some equivalent valued cards that I had been waiting on for a long time, and I mean years. I am happy and glad to have found a person at Upper Deck that could make it work.

Last edited by ACCDADEAL; 08-31-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Taking down photos too much drama for me
ACCDADEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

What was your redemption for, half stake in the company or something? Great cards
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

I smell a UD rat, possibly an employee of UD. You have had to have some pretty incredible stuff not made to get those cards in return.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

I don't get how they cannot pack a 1/1 jordan and 1 of the /5 Jordan/Dr J in the products.
Maccydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Inactive Account

i have been waiting a solid 5 months now for a replacement for my durant ud black flag auto, they keep telling me I have to wait since they are behind very frustrating considering they know durant isnt going to sign with them and I still have to wait
daners7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Inactive Account

I dont know what this guy could have had as redemptions to get those cards those are unreal congrats man
Old 08-30-2010, 09:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

Would love to know what you were waiting on
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Ive been waiting a year on a replacement on a freaking Lamar Odom so I can imagine how frustrated some of you are with high end stuff. Its killing me that Ive been waiting 11 mos for a Panini R&S Dan Majerle auto.

http://s1020.photobucket.com/albums/af329/duplechien
duplechien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Sweet Jordans!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

First I am not a UD Rat Chris knows who I am, long time collector and active in other forums.
I assure you I had been waiting longer than 2 years for at least one Multi Auto Basketball that might actually be worth more than the 1/1, that is not going to be made. Also a very Nice Durant as well. I assure you this was a pretty close trade. And I had some other very solid FB as well.
I too got pissed at UD and have pulled some major hits from UD in the past, I used to only buy UD but stopped in recent years due to similar issues. So this resolution was a big relief to me. I was not able to get any help until I found Ben there. I found out about him as a matter of fact from reading posts on here in the past.
Thanks for the props, and looking.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCDADEAL View Post
First I am not a UD Rat Chris knows who I am, long time collector and active in other forums.
I assure you I had been waiting longer than 2 years for at least one Multi Auto Basketball that might actually be worth more than the 1/1, that is not going to be made. Also a very Nice Durant as well. I assure you this was a pretty close trade. And I had some other very solid FB as well.
I too got pissed at UD and have pulled some major hits from UD in the past, I used to only buy UD but stopped in recent years due to similar issues. So this resolution was a big relief to me. I was not able to get any help until I found Ben there. I found out about him as a matter of fact from reading posts on here in the past.
Thanks for the props, and looking.
That's all well and good, still need to know what you were waiting on.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

If your selling the Jordan/Erving dual auto please PM me.
lilman323232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

Why I just did? Not something I want to talk about further, but thanks.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

How could you love them if you have been waiting years for your redemption.

Upper Deck is Garbage...

They don't care about there customers one bit and that is why they have dropped to the bottom of the card world..

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Inactive Account

i cant imagine what cards would equal those jordans to be honest, what durant wasn't made that equals a 1/1 jordan

Last edited by daners7576; 08-30-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
That's all well and good, still need to know what you were waiting on.
Something's really fishy if he won't say exactly what he had
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Something's really fishy if he won't say exactly what he had
No kidding. It smells bad, really bad.

It would have to be something like a Napoleon Cut Auto or President Multi Cut.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:00 AM   #18 (permalink)

Yeah, it's definitely weird how secretive he's being. Maybe UD hooked him up as long as he keeps his mouth closed?
GoClips! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:02 AM   #19 (permalink)

SHENANIGANS!
bjtheman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:06 AM   #20 (permalink)

I don't know what he was waiting on, but I like what he got!

Also: I have long said the best stuff at UD never goes in the products...over on The Bench, one of the members got all 4 Griffey Jr. print plates from one product as a replacement....so, why were those not put in the product? not like they were waiting on anything...as soon as they finished printing the product the plates were ready to cut, label, go in the packs?

Last edited by mindbinge; 08-31-2010 at 12:08 AM.
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:10 AM   #21 (permalink)
Inactive Account

just seems odd that he waits "years" for these cards then all of a sudden upper deck has a jordan 1/1 and a jordan/dr j /5 to give him
Old 08-31-2010, 12:12 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbinge View Post
I don't know what he was waiting on, but I like what he got!

Also: I have long said the best stuff at UD never goes in the products...over on The Bench, one of the members got all 4 Griffey Jr. print plates from one product as a replacement....so, why were those not put in the product? not like they were waiting on anything...as soon as they finished printing the product the plates were ready to cut, label, go in the packs?
Because UD are a bunch of F-ing crooks who don't give 2 squirts about anybody but themselves.

Read "Card Sharks" and it'll all make sense. Richard McWilliam could've been one of the great positive forces in hobby. Instead, his greed and overall douchbaggyness made him the one who destroyed the hobby.

You can thank him for the overpriced/undervalued products that we see today. I pray for the day that someone on his board of trustees ousts him. He needs to go, like now.

I sincerely hope he reads this. In fact, I will CHALLENGE Richard McWilliam to a charity boxing match at next year's National Convention.

Last edited by The Madbacker; 08-31-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:49 AM   #23 (permalink)

WOW!! I'm waiting for a replacement on a real nice Durrant piece too!! Hope I get something nice!!
hey Madbacker, what is "Card Sharks"? is that a book? where can i find it? thanks
gasper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:08 AM   #24 (permalink)

I can say that I've had some pretty similar transactions with Ben at Upper Deck as well so I can believe this story. That being said, I am an outgoing Diamond Club member so I'm sure my call/email was only answered because of that, and even then, it took multiple months and lots of persistence on my part.

While I did not receive a Jordan 1/1, I did receive a Jordan auto. I exchanged something close to 20 old redemptions, for a total of 5 cards in return. Some of the redemptions that I eventually gave up on included cards like Exquisite Dual Durant/Garnett Scripted Swatches /5 and a Jeter/Ramirez dual auto from Ultimate. So, in the end, value for value. As for how Upper Deck decides that they can give a low numbered current card as a replacement? I guess they just know after years of doing this what percentage of redemptions actually get redeemed and hope for the best. Your theory is as good as mine.

So net net, I feel like Upper Deck can really do the right thing but you have to clearly be lucky enough to get the attention of one of their top customer service employees. It's clear there's simply to many cases for a struggling company to possibly manage and thus, why a majority of cases feel like disappointments.

One other note, if you spend a lot of $ at an LCS that is one of their preferred redemption centers (info on their website), you may try going through them as mine also kept pestering UD on my behalf.

Thanks,

Aclben
Old 08-31-2010, 02:21 AM   #25 (permalink)

Durant/Garnett does not equal MJ, not even close, add Manny and Jeter in too, not
even close. Was Chris Carlin apart of this deal in any way?
HeritageKing is offline   Reply With Quote