Blowout Cards Forums
2016 nfl player promo 3

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2015, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 1996 Topps Chrome Refractor Kobe Bryant

A BGS9.5 1996 Topps Chrome Refractor Kobe Bryant just listed on eBay for auction a couple of days ago, but the listing went only one day and ended earlier because "the item was no longer available". What made the seller wanted to cancel the listing? Sweet offers? I have seen a lot of high end cards "ended earlier " recently. However, if the sellers are too afraid their cards could go too low, why don't they just sell it as BIN with Best Offer option?
Totalpackage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Probably/Maybe a Good Offer, Off of Ebay..............

Beavers98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Also, some sellers offer the same cards on their own websites (almost always cheaper). If they are purchased there, they are automatically pulled from their eBay listings because they are no longer available.
celtics86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

It's actually a practice I wish ebay cracked down on. There should be stiffer penalties for sellers who pull down listings once there is a bid on them. I understand listing errors and the such - so maybe have a monthly limit or a limit based on % of listings.

http://s915.photobucket.com/user/Ifeature/library/ - Lower end Hits & RCs on COMC
smalltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltown View Post
It's actually a practice I wish ebay cracked down on. There should be stiffer penalties for sellers who pull down listings once there is a bid on them. I understand listing errors and the such - so maybe have a monthly limit or a limit based on % of listings.
If the auction has bids on it sellers are charged based on what the highest bid is on the item. Its technically against Ebay rules for sellers to do this.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtics86 View Post
Also, some sellers offer the same cards on their own websites (almost always cheaper). If they are purchased there, they are automatically pulled from their eBay listings because they are no longer available.
You are not allowed to have an item listed on Ebay and for sale on another site. I know its done, but its against Ebay rules to do so.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
If the auction has bids on it sellers are charged based on what the highest bid is on the item. Its technically against Ebay rules for sellers to do this.
I don't think that's really stiff enough. Sellers get off easy because the bidding is usually low on these items, thus the penalty is low. And the highest bidder get's shafted. Sellers should have to stick it out if they decide to list as an auction (once a bid is made). If you're worried about hitting a minimum - set a reserve.

http://s915.photobucket.com/user/Ifeature/library/ - Lower end Hits & RCs on COMC
smalltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 05:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Simply put..

Ebay Fees
minnesotachill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

I couldn't find that BGS9.5 Kobe Chrome REF rookie card I was talking about. I remember it went for $2200 before the listing was canceled. Do you guys know how much will it eventually go if it wasn't canceled?
Totalpackage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalpackage View Post
I couldn't find that BGS9.5 Kobe Chrome REF rookie card I was talking about. I remember it went for $2200 before the listing was canceled. Do you guys know how much will it eventually go if it wasn't canceled?
If its no longer on the site then its highly possible Ebay ended the listing for one reason or another.