Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUT TV closed > Blowout Blogs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 11:27 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
It looks like a first grader designed it
Ah now, what first grader do you know can design a multi-thousand dollar card?
Old 07-27-2010, 12:38 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Wheeler,
UD actually had many cards from the set pulling in the thousands. Ruth, Gehrig, Mantle, Paige, Cobb, Foxx, Johnson and I could go on. Sportkings has 1 goofy guy who goes around and offers absurd amounts and people know it. Legendary Cuts singles have and did have ALOT of action in the bidding process. Sportkings not so much. One good thing about Sportkings is I know that if I have a manufactured patch and want someone to offer way too high an amount they could never recoup, I know who to go to. Single cuts, Dual cuts, quad cuts etc. I could name TONS of legendary cuts cards that brought over 1k. Sure some of the boxes stunk, but to STATS above, have you hit a Warren Sapp jersey for Sportkings yet? Thats about an $80 loss, atleast with legendary cuts your fire would burn longer and cheaper my friend.
LOL, I have to admit your response back at me was pretty funny and me made me laugh. I actually did hit 2 packs with jersey cards and those did not sell well, but that's part of the gamble with opening any packs. I kept opening and pulled a nice McGwire patch auto and a nice quad jersey card with McGwire on it.

In all seriousness, Legendary Cuts is a fun break but can be BRUTAL if you don't hit a big cut. There are a few cuts worth thousands, but there are a lot of cuts which struggle to pull over $50, and those are case/ half-case hits. Outside of those cuts, you need to pull a Jeter auto to get your money back on a box, or a Ripken auto to get half of your money back. I usually got 2-4 crap jerseys which I would be lucky to get the same value as I would with a Sportkings D pack at a similar price.

You have to realize that outside of the hit in Sportkings, the base cards have value, the minis have value, and the box itself has value. I didn't make a profit on what I have opened of Sportkings so far, but I did get some nice stuff. Sometimes to get your value out of Sportkings, you can't let everything run auction format. There are player collectors that may not catch your auctions for the while. This is definitely not a product to rip and flip quickly. It takes some time, but I always do well when I take my time selling this stuff, and the rest of the cost I just chalk up to the things that I'm keeping and the fun of opening some different packs.

I do know that there are other people that want the Sportkings logos because in the past I have sold one to another buyer.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:44 AM   #28 (permalink)

Stats- I appreciate we can post back and forth without an argument, its a nice change of pace on here. Someone posted a 4 box lot of empty Sportkings D and it went for $3. Wheeler says they have value, but not always. I agree overall Legendary Cuts can be brutal, but it also had a very big chance for reward. Sportkings is the same way, with less desirable and collectible hits. There are ALOT of brutal Sportkings boxes. Wheeler likes to post they only made 9,000 Sportkings boxes and thank god they did. The stuff has already come down, so its not like demand is surpassing the supply. Dont be surprised to see this stuff at $75 a box. Even then, it isnt a great buy. Some of the mini cards dont get hit for $1-2, I thought they would be better myself. I think it just goes to show not many people care about this release.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:01 AM   #29 (permalink)

Cruiser -

I completely understand where you're coming from, but you have to realize that there are other people who feel differently, and both opinions are ok. For me personally, it kind of sucks when you feel like someone is always ripping on a product that you like. I actually like both Ringside and Sportkings and I realize it's not always the best value today, but so what? It's fun, there are unique autographs and there are some items that sell very well.

One product I always hated was UD Trilogy. I would try box after box and would never pull anything good, but I saw other people getting good stuff. I stopped buying Trilogy because that is a product that I just do not do well with. I won't rip on people for liking the product though, because some people enjoy it and do very well with it.

I get that you don't like Sportkings, so just don't buy it and move on to the next product. Show your vote with your cash. Why do you have to tear people apart for actually liking the product? What benefit does it give you to do that? If anything, you are spreading a greater negative opinion, which really does not benefit anybody.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:30 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats View Post
Cruiser -

I completely understand where you're coming from, but you have to realize that there are other people who feel differently, and both opinions are ok. For me personally, it kind of sucks when you feel like someone is always ripping on a product that you like. I actually like both Ringside and Sportkings and I realize it's not always the best value today, but so what? It's fun, there are unique autographs and there are some items that sell very well.

One product I always hated was UD Trilogy. I would try box after box and would never pull anything good, but I saw other people getting good stuff. I stopped buying Trilogy because that is a product that I just do not do well with. I won't rip on people for liking the product though, because some people enjoy it and do very well with it.

I get that you don't like Sportkings, so just don't buy it and move on to the next product. Show your vote with your cash. Why do you have to tear people apart for actually liking the product? What benefit does it give you to do that? If anything, you are spreading a greater negative opinion, which really does not benefit anybody.
What an outstanding post! Hear, hear.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:21 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Ah now, what first grader do you know can design a multi-thousand dollar card?
One with a really rich daddy
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 07-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats View Post
Cruiser -

Well I wouldnt say Im on here ripping people for what they buy. I am ripping the Sportkings product. I think most would agree it is Wheeler who rips us for having an opinion against his. I unlike most actually give things a try. I did show a vote with my wallet. I opened 4k worth of Sportkings product, does that now entitle me to my opinion Stats? Both were dog crap and Ringside provided nowhere near 50% of my original purchase back in MARKET VALUE of single cards.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Well I wouldnt say Im on here ripping people for what they buy. I am ripping the Sportkings product. I think most would agree it is Wheeler who rips us for having an opinion against his. I unlike most actually give things a try. I did show a vote with my wallet. I opened 4k worth of Sportkings product, does that now entitle me to my opinion Stats? Both were dog crap and Ringside provided nowhere near 50% of my original purchase back in MARKET VALUE of single cards.

So what cases have you opened in the past that you are happy with?

What product are you going to try next?
Old 07-27-2010, 08:24 PM   #34 (permalink)

I liked Sp Game Used hockey. I liked UD series 1 hockey. I liked Bowman Baseball. I like 2010 Elite Football.

What will I open in the near future? I have already ordered Famous Fabrics 2. I have ordered The Cup Hockey. I ordered Razor Rookie Retro but wont open that one as I think it will go up with people chasing those cards. I also ordered heavy on Topps Update Baseball, 2010 Topps Football and Jumbos, and 2010 Chrome Football.

Again, Im not bashing Wheeler as a person in here like a lot of others do. I dont know him but he makes it very public what he collects and that's cool. He has gotten on MANY people here for having an opinion. Personally, I don't like to have much opinion unless I have tried myself. I have tried Ringside and Sportkings and wasn't impressed. I found Ringside to be an absolutely terrible product, and that's hard for anyone but Wheeler to argue
Old 07-28-2010, 11:41 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
I liked Sp Game Used hockey. I liked UD series 1 hockey. I liked Bowman Baseball. I like 2010 Elite Football.

What will I open in the near future? I have already ordered Famous Fabrics 2. I have ordered The Cup Hockey. I ordered Razor Rookie Retro but wont open that one as I think it will go up with people chasing those cards. I also ordered heavy on Topps Update Baseball, 2010 Topps Football and Jumbos, and 2010 Chrome Football.

Again, Im not bashing Wheeler as a person in here like a lot of others do. I dont know him but he makes it very public what he collects and that's cool. He has gotten on MANY people here for having an opinion. Personally, I don't like to have much opinion unless I have tried myself. I have tried Ringside and Sportkings and wasn't impressed. I found Ringside to be an absolutely terrible product, and that's hard for anyone but Wheeler to argue
I loved Ringside