Blowout Cards Forums
Sean Bassik

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUT TV closed > Blowout Blogs

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 05:38 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjoecollector View Post
I didn't realize that I was a failed journalist. I suppose that is like me saying that forum posters are failed bloggers. Its not true, but there is the same amount of support for your assertion and there is for my in jest comment.

I get why people don't like Gellman, I also get why they like him. To my knowledge Gellman doesn't receive anything from anyone on his blog. Do you have proof that he does or are you just saying more negative things about him?

Frankly, Panini products are all trash in my opinion. If you like them then fine, but I have very specific reasons for disliking their products. I haven't bought any of their 09 or '10 products. If they come out with something worth while I might decide to purchase them. Gellman has criticized Upper Deck before and he has praised them as well.

So I will ask you if you have proof that Gellman is receiving cash, cards or anthing else for pumping a product. I guess I don't understand why you are so angry. You have tons of posts where you do nothing but get all angry with Gellman and personally attack him. It is rather sad.

One additional note, I don't believe that Gellman has blocked anyone from commenting on his blog. He does have to approve each comment. In how many comments that he has not approved, how many times were the people making those comments posting personal attacks or attacking his family?
I think it's really sweet that you two have found each other and are starting a budding romance. It's really awesome! Cherish each other!
The Madbacker is offline  
Old 09-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
deltapi1049's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San antonio
Posts: 3,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I think it's really sweet that you two have found each other and are starting a budding romance. It's really awesome! Cherish each other!
Ryan, you will always be my one true love. JC over here could never compare to the fun I have driving in your Lexus with the wind in my hair. SMOOCHES!

In all reality, there is no proof of anything, just comments these people make, so stuff like this runs rampant. No smart person at any of the card companies would ever pay a person like me to do anything even close to pimping a product. That kind of investment would A) have a horrible ROI, B) Be posted in a very controversial place, and C) Get you a TON of enemies if people found any proof if it were indeed happening. Why would anyone risk it?These guys sure give me a lot of credit thinking that I would be important enough to receive that kind of treatment, anyways.

The real reason Ryan hates me is because of all sorts of "perks" (his words) he gets and has gotten from his "good friends" (his words) at Panini and Beckett, so he is not a very happy panda that I have created a place where Panini and Beckett haters can populate outside of mod control. How was that AFC Championship game that Donruss sent you to?

Either way, because this forum has become what it has, I rarely respond here any more, because its about as helpful as Ryan's insert card articles he "wrote" for Beckett. Ryan can go right ahead continuing his crusade for Panini love all he wants, but its not going to do him any good with me until they actually start producing good looking cards.

Also, I really love that so many people dislike me because I changed my mind about Upper Deck. I had no idea something like that wasnt allowed. I still think and comment frequently they are a terribly unethical company that needs to shape up, but in the end, that's not going to factor into how I feel their cards look. I mean, if you think the stuff they put out has not been far ahead of the game, you are kidding yourself. That has always been my stance, but more people skim what I say than actually read my basis for the opinions I have.
__________________
My Adrian Peterson Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/adrian-peterson

My Cordarrelle Patterson Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/cordarrelle-patterson
deltapi1049 is offline  
Old 09-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
iamjoecollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, OR
Posts: 702
Default

Ryan

It's really great that you have no facts to back up your accusations and so you then weakly attempt a joke in order to deflect. Looks like you have been exposed for what you are..an internet tough guy who is a Donruss Panini/Beckett shill


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I think it's really sweet that you two have found each other and are starting a budding romance. It's really awesome! Cherish each other!
__________________
IamJoecollector.blogspot.com
http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/pp30/stusigpi/
iamjoecollector is offline  
Old 09-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Packerland, US
Posts: 17,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapi1049 View Post
Ryan, you will always be my one true love. JC over here could never compare to the fun I have driving in your Lexus with the wind in my hair. SMOOCHES!

In all reality, there is no proof of anything, just comments these people make, so stuff like this runs rampant. No smart person at any of the card companies would ever pay a person like me to do anything even close to pimping a product. That kind of investment would A) have a horrible ROI, B) Be posted in a very controversial place, and C) Get you a TON of enemies if people found any proof if it were indeed happening. Why would anyone risk it?These guys sure give me a lot of credit thinking that I would be important enough to receive that kind of treatment, anyways.

The real reason Ryan hates me is because of all sorts of "perks" (his words) he gets and has gotten from his "good friends" (his words) at Panini and Beckett, so he is not a very happy panda that I have created a place where Panini and Beckett haters can populate outside of mod control. How was that AFC Championship game that Donruss sent you to?

Either way, because this forum has become what it has, I rarely respond here any more, because its about as helpful as Ryan's insert card articles he "wrote" for Beckett. Ryan can go right ahead continuing his crusade for Panini love all he wants, but its not going to do him any good with me until they actually start producing good looking cards.

Also, I really love that so many people dislike me because I changed my mind about Upper Deck. I had no idea something like that wasnt allowed. I still think and comment frequently they are a terribly unethical company that needs to shape up, but in the end, that's not going to factor into how I feel their cards look. I mean, if you think the stuff they put out has not been far ahead of the game, you are kidding yourself. That has always been my stance, but more people skim what I say than actually read my basis for the opinions I have.
Gellman came out swinging and landed hard... even brought the proof.
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
Jerel Worthy PC: http://tinyurl.com/worthy99
freethrowtommy is online now  
Old 09-09-2010, 04:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
Gellman came out swinging and landed hard... even brought the proof.
He's still a transparent turd who can't stick to his guns on anything. Flip-slopping like Old Man Favre.
The Madbacker is offline  
Old 09-09-2010, 04:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
Gellman came out swinging and landed hard... even brought the proof.
He's still a transparent turd who can't stick to his guns on anything. Flip-flopping like Old Man Favre.
The Madbacker is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.