Blowout Cards Forums
Sean Bassik

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUT TV closed > Blowout Blogs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 05:38 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjoecollector View Post
I didn't realize that I was a failed journalist. I suppose that is like me saying that forum posters are failed bloggers. Its not true, but there is the same amount of support for your assertion and there is for my in jest comment.

I get why people don't like Gellman, I also get why they like him. To my knowledge Gellman doesn't receive anything from anyone on his blog. Do you have proof that he does or are you just saying more negative things about him?

Frankly, Panini products are all trash in my opinion. If you like them then fine, but I have very specific reasons for disliking their products. I haven't bought any of their 09 or '10 products. If they come out with something worth while I might decide to purchase them. Gellman has criticized Upper Deck before and he has praised them as well.

So I will ask you if you have proof that Gellman is receiving cash, cards or anthing else for pumping a product. I guess I don't understand why you are so angry. You have tons of posts where you do nothing but get all angry with Gellman and personally attack him. It is rather sad.

One additional note, I don't believe that Gellman has blocked anyone from commenting on his blog. He does have to approve each comment. In how many comments that he has not approved, how many times were the people making those comments posting personal attacks or attacking his family?
I think it's really sweet that you two have found each other and are starting a budding romance. It's really awesome! Cherish each other!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I think it's really sweet that you two have found each other and are starting a budding romance. It's really awesome! Cherish each other!
Ryan, you will always be my one true love. JC over here could never compare to the fun I have driving in your Lexus with the wind in my hair. SMOOCHES!

In all reality, there is no proof of anything, just comments these people make, so stuff like this runs rampant. No smart person at any of the card companies would ever pay a person like me to do anything even close to pimping a product. That kind of investment would A) have a horrible ROI, B) Be posted in a very controversial place, and C) Get you a TON of enemies if people found any proof if it were indeed happening. Why would anyone risk it?These guys sure give me a lot of credit thinking that I would be important enough to receive that kind of treatment, anyways.

The real reason Ryan hates me is because of all sorts of "perks" (his words) he gets and has gotten from his "good friends" (his words) at Panini and Beckett, so he is not a very happy panda that I have created a place where Panini and Beckett haters can populate outside of mod control. How was that AFC Championship game that Donruss sent you to?

Either way, because this forum has become what it has, I rarely respond here any more, because its about as helpful as Ryan's insert card articles he "wrote" for Beckett. Ryan can go right ahead continuing his crusade for Panini love all he wants, but its not going to do him any good with me until they actually start producing good looking cards.

Also, I really love that so many people dislike me because I changed my mind about Upper Deck. I had no idea something like that wasnt allowed. I still think and comment frequently they are a terribly unethical company that needs to shape up, but in the end, that's not going to factor into how I feel their cards look. I mean, if you think the stuff they put out has not been far ahead of the game, you are kidding yourself. That has always been my stance, but more people skim what I say than actually read my basis for the opinions I have.

My Cordarrelle Patterson Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/cordarrelle-patterson
Old 09-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #28 (permalink)

Ryan

It's really great that you have no facts to back up your accusations and so you then weakly attempt a joke in order to deflect. Looks like you have been exposed for what you are..an internet tough guy who is a Donruss Panini/Beckett shill

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Old 09-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapi1049 View Post
Ryan, you will always be my one true love. JC over here could never compare to the fun I have driving in your Lexus with the wind in my hair. SMOOCHES!

In all reality, there is no proof of anything, just comments these people make, so stuff like this runs rampant. No smart person at any of the card companies would ever pay a person like me to do anything even close to pimping a product. That kind of investment would A) have a horrible ROI, B) Be posted in a very controversial place, and C) Get you a TON of enemies if people found any proof if it were indeed happening. Why would anyone risk it?These guys sure give me a lot of credit thinking that I would be important enough to receive that kind of treatment, anyways.

The real reason Ryan hates me is because of all sorts of "perks" (his words) he gets and has gotten from his "good friends" (his words) at Panini and Beckett, so he is not a very happy panda that I have created a place where Panini and Beckett haters can populate outside of mod control. How was that AFC Championship game that Donruss sent you to?

Either way, because this forum has become what it has, I rarely respond here any more, because its about as helpful as Ryan's insert card articles he "wrote" for Beckett. Ryan can go right ahead continuing his crusade for Panini love all he wants, but its not going to do him any good with me until they actually start producing good looking cards.

Also, I really love that so many people dislike me because I changed my mind about Upper Deck. I had no idea something like that wasnt allowed. I still think and comment frequently they are a terribly unethical company that needs to shape up, but in the end, that's not going to factor into how I feel their cards look. I mean, if you think the stuff they put out has not been far ahead of the game, you are kidding yourself. That has always been my stance, but more people skim what I say than actually read my basis for the opinions I have.
Gellman came out swinging and landed hard... even brought the proof.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
He's still a transparent turd who can't stick to his guns on anything. Flip-slopping like Old Man Favre.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
He's still a transparent turd who can't stick to his guns on anything. Flip-flopping like Old Man Favre.