Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 07:56 AM   #51 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to dreamweaver1984

just noticed they updated the graph of everyone who purchased, i dont see my Name in there? Im guessing the sold more slots then there was available?
Kobe Bryant Totally Certified Black 1/1 AUTO

Last edited by dreamweaver1984; 01-10-2011 at 09:45 AM.
dreamweaver1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:04 AM   #52 (permalink)

I do not see my name there either. Hopefully they close the promo right after it fills up.
Never Forget 9/11, Be Diligent and Safe!
Vintage Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:09 AM   #53 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mcsd121

just purchased the 08 SPX, mainly for the super bowl square. What happens if they sell more than 100 promos? If I don't get a square I wouldn't want the cards. Anyone think this will be an issue?
mcsd121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #54 (permalink)

And unless the prizes are the same in the next Promo, they should just push us into the next slots. We should have the option of canceling our order and ordering something else for the next promo.

I don't know how it works though.
Never Forget 9/11, Be Diligent and Safe!
Vintage Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:28 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
I am buying 2 lots of '08 Leaf Limited
same here
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:50 AM   #56 (permalink)

okay so they're doing more than one promo right? I don't care which one I get in, just wanted to make sure I got the square for my purchase considering it was 400, even though that was a decent deal in itself. This is the first time I'm doing this so i had no idea on how it worked but it seemed fun and I was due to buy some cards anyway.

Last edited by mcsd121; 01-10-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #57 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Typically multiple promos will be run.

For those interested,we are in Pool # 1 with the 08 Limited Break....now to see if we can fill # 2
Old 01-10-2011, 05:44 PM   #58 (permalink)

Lets see some numbers
robertquick2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #59 (permalink)

lets see some numbers!
robertquick2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #60 (permalink)

Lets see some Numbers!!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #61 (permalink)

lets see some nUmbers?
Old 01-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #62 (permalink)

cool, I got the first box in the 2nd promo. Getting my 5 boxes of 08 SPX today and can't wait to dig in to them. I love the 08 rookie class. I'm considering buying another promo towards the middle of the 2nd one to get some different numbers. I really don't want to spend another 400. Which of the other 300-200 promos is the best bang for my buck? I just got back in to the hobby over the last year and I'm just catching up on all the new brands. I'm looking for rookie and HOF auto's.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #63 (permalink)

opened the first 2 boxes of SPX and I'm very disapointed. I received 3 redemption cards, 2 of them good players and Upper Deck won't honor them. i tried on line and by phone. The redemption expired 7/24/10. Had I known I would get useless redemption cards I would've stayed away. Just a warning to anyone looking to buy the 08 SPX. Nothing against blowout cards but this is BS. By the way the 2 redemptions I'm pissed about is a Flacco jersey auto numbered to 399 and Kevin smith jersey auto numbered to 199
Old 01-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #64 (permalink)

It is my understanding that Upper Deck will be honoring expired redemptions soon. Possibly in the next few weeks, so hold onto them.
vinnyvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #65 (permalink)

i'm afraid to open the other 3 boxes. i'm considering caling blowout cards to send them back.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsd121 View Post
opened the first 2 boxes of SPX and I'm very disapointed. I received 3 redemption cards, 2 of them good players and Upper Deck won't honor them. i tried on line and by phone. The redemption expired 7/24/10. Had I known I would get useless redemption cards I would've stayed away. Just a warning to anyone looking to buy the 08 SPX. Nothing against blowout cards but this is BS. By the way the 2 redemptions I'm pissed about is a Flacco jersey auto numbered to 399 and Kevin smith jersey auto numbered to 199
At my LCS, the owner will call UD himself if you pull an expired redemption and he is almost always able to get them to send something out. You can maybe see if Blowout will do that for you.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #67 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Quote:
i'm afraid to open the other 3 boxes. i'm considering caling blowout cards to send them back.
see this is a really bad attitude and misguided venting... Blowout has absolutely NOTHING to do with you getting expired redemptions from UD. What would you like them to do, stop selling the products once the redemptions expire, which would cut their inventory probably down to just products from 2009 and 2010 at this point. Then I bet you would complain because there isn't enough to interest you.

Be pissed off at Upper Deck, I am, I have 5 expired redemptions from a case of 07 Premier football, including auto's of Champ Bailey and Reggie Wayne. But am I really pissed at Blowout for selling me this product, nope.

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:40 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
see this is a really bad attitude and misguided venting... Blowout has absolutely NOTHING to do with you getting expired redemptions from UD. What would you like them to do, stop selling the products once the redemptions expire, which would cut their inventory probably down to just products from 2009 and 2010 at this point. Then I bet you would complain because there isn't enough to interest you.

Be pissed off at Upper Deck, I am, I have 5 expired redemptions from a case of 07 Premier football, including auto's of Champ Bailey and Reggie Wayne. But am I really pissed at Blowout for selling me this product, nope.
I do wish that the online retailers would be more upfront when selling products with possibly expired redemptions. Maybe just put something like "Redemption cards in this product expired on 08/09/10 and may or may not be honored." My LCS owner always lets me know if I'm getting ready to buy an older box.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
you knew they were expired already...all products 2 years old are out of date already....you think a store would take an expired 50% off coupon? no they wouldnt since you had plenty of time before hand to use it (in our case 2 years to buy the product)
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:39 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
you knew they were expired already...all products 2 years old are out of date already....you think a store would take an expired 50% off coupon? no they wouldnt since you had plenty of time before hand to use it (in our case 2 years to buy the product)
I'd equate it more to a store selling me a 2 year old box of eggs for full price and then refusing to refund my money even after I get home and open it and discover every single egg is rotten.

Btw stores do take expired coupons
Old 01-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
I do wish that the online retailers would be more upfront when selling products with possibly expired redemptions. Maybe just put something like "Redemption cards in this product expired on 08/09/10 and may or may not be honored." My LCS owner always lets me know if I'm getting ready to buy an older box.
actually, that is on the product listing for 2008 spx football...on the regular purchase page
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #72 (permalink)

I wasn't buying cards 2 years ago so why should I just give 400 dollars away without the chance of getting some decent cards. In no way did I blame blowout cards. I spoke to a rep and he said send the 3 boxes back and they would give me store credit. i sent them back already and I'm requesting 2 boxes of 2010 topps triple threads football and included the balance in cash. Not a big deal, maybe UD will honor those redemptions but yes it would be nice in the item description that the redembtion cards will not be honored. It's not like I was buying 05 stuff and complaining. I was late by 6 months. Only reason I purchased was for the super bowl square and I like the 08 rookie class. Tell me you wouldn't be upset to get a nice card like the Joe Flacco jersey auto but not be able to redeem it. The rest of the box was crap and that goes the same for the 2nd box. I just wanted people to be aware of the situation before they made their purchase. I've never had this problem before but now I know better.

Last edited by mcsd121; 01-11-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post

Where did I blame blowout cards? Maybe you should read everything before you chime in. I'm not mad at anybody, just sucks that I got a nice redemption but it's worth less than the cardboard it's printed on. Blowout cards was great on the phone, no complaints here.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
I wasn't buying cards 2 years ago so why should I just give 400 dollars away without the chance of getting some decent cards. In no way did I blame blowout cards. I spoke to a rep and he said send the 3 boxes back and they would give me store credit. i sent them back already and I'm requesting 2 boxes of 2010 topps triple threads football and included the balance in cash. Not a big deal, maybe UD will honor those redemptions but yes it would be nice in the item description that the redembtion cards will not be honored. It's not like I was buying 05 stuff and complaining. I was late by 6 months. Only reason I purchased was for the super bowl square and I like the 08 rookie class. Tell me you wouldn't be upset to get a nice card like the Joe Flacco jersey auto but not be able to redeem it. The rest of the box was crap and that goes the same for the 2nd box. I just wanted people to be aware of the situation before they made their purchase. I've never had this problem before but now I know better.
I think it's cool of BO to allow you to send your unopened boxes back to exchange for different product. They really didn't have to do that, especially when it concerns exchanging older product for newer stuff.

Consider yourself lucky in that respect.
messingaroundok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by messingaroundok View Post
I think it's cool of BO to allow you to send your unopened boxes back to exchange for different product. They really didn't have to do that, especially when it concerns exchanging older product for newer stuff.

Consider yourself lucky in that respect.
I do think it's cool, they have great customer service. I've been buying cards from them for the last year now and I've never had a problem. Fast shipping and competetive prices and now I see they have great customer service. I'm sure they would rather me be happy and continue to purchase from them then have me go to another dealer. Nice to see that some businesss still say the customer is always right.