Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 11:42 AM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

i guess a better question should be, can we still buy the other available promo items (SPX, Limited and so on) and be entered into this one since the first two are full

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:05 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
i guess a better question should be, can we still buy the other available promo items (SPX, Limited and so on) and be entered into this one since the first two are full
looks like another promo will be going up with all the other lots
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:17 PM   #28 (permalink)

Just as a side note though guys, keep in mind this one has such a big first prize that the prizes are really "the basis of the bargain" for any purchase. Obviously, nobody would be buying up the retail stuff without the prizes being listed. It's just the sacrifice which must be made. Trust me, I'd much rather have bought some hobby hockey for my lot entry.

Also, since this one is retail, it practically precludes you from the Best Pull contest. If stuff is added on at the end, they should take that into consideration for anyone who purchased the retail end upfront for this grid.
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #29 (permalink)

For 2011 SUPERBOWL FOOTBALL GIVEAWAY PROMO #2 did 4 boxes of 2008 Leaf Limited Very Happy to pull a Jim Thorpe #'d 23/24 I want 4 more boxes is it available for 2011 SUPERBOWL FOOTBALL GIVEAWAY PROMO #3

Thanks
Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Blowout cards 2011 Superbowl football Case/Box Giveaway Promo #3-ebay092.jpg  
joeroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:25 AM   #30 (permalink)

how about some 08/09 SP Retail basketball?
iloveturbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
Administrator

Just added alot of new items...
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:51 PM   #32 (permalink)

Now we're talking Chris

I have a feeling BO is going to be shipping out a lot of 2008 Americana Sports Legends in the next week

Lets get this BIG one filled!

Last edited by Monsters; 01-24-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #33 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mcsd121

What happens if this one doesn't fill? doesn't look too promising right now. I'd consider buying some of this junk just for the prizes but would hate to open the stuff, get nothing and then the boxes don't fill and I get burned twice.
mcsd121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #34 (permalink)

also wanted to know what the "blister" packs or boxes consist of. I'd consider the 08 Sp Authentic even though I already got burned on my redemption Flacco auto Jersey just for the prizes. Could probably buy a few promos and sell on ebay for 1/2 to 3/4 so it would be like paying cash for the boxes just like normal super bowl boxes. Would any of this sell if you dropped the price to 3/4?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:40 AM   #35 (permalink)
Administrator

We have yet to have a promotion that has not sold out by the deadline. We'll cross that bridge if if get to it but I'm sure we will be able to get enough interest as the date comes near.
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #36 (permalink)

what is the best one to get in everyones opinion. still trying to decide to this or a case of 2011 topps
colby2611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:59 AM   #37 (permalink)

Are the items available all for one slot?

Other items are more expensive than the others and I think its for multiple slots right?
Old 01-27-2011, 03:06 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl2001 View Post
Are the items available all for one slot?

Other items are more expensive than the others and I think its for multiple slots right?
each item purchased = 1 slot. Some are more expensive than others because the product being offered is more expensive, simple as that.

Last edited by fitch123; 01-27-2011 at 03:20 AM.
fitch123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #39 (permalink)

anyone want to split a case of 10 UD Ser1 Baseball Blaster or 2008 UD Football Retail 10 Box Lot with me?
nick9819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:57 PM   #40 (permalink)

Anybody ever buy the 08 SP authentic blisters? Trying to figure out which product would be a fun open and have atleast a small chance of pulling somehting cool.
Brian12215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian12215 View Post
Anybody ever buy the 08 SP authentic blisters? Trying to figure out which product would be a fun open and have atleast a small chance of pulling somehting cool.
I think someone posted their break of 08 Authentic blisters and it wasn't pretty. I'm having the same dillema, I want in on the promo but I have a hard time spending 2-3 hundred dollars on something I won't be happy with and not have a chance of pulling any nice auto's. At least the other promo's got me some real nice cards. 5,000 is very tempting though and eventually I'll probably break down and get one of the cheaper promo's. Gotta be in it to win it.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

If you check the Arericana sports legends cheklists, there is some nice autos possible, even cuts. Alo some nice jersey, just a mixture of all sports thought and the famous jockey autos! lol
shindig_747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsd121 View Post
I think someone posted their break of 08 Authentic blisters and it wasn't pretty. I'm having the same dillema, I want in on the promo but I have a hard time spending 2-3 hundred dollars on something I won't be happy with and not have a chance of pulling any nice auto's. At least the other promo's got me some real nice cards. 5,000 is very tempting though and eventually I'll probably break down and get one of the cheaper promo's. Gotta be in it to win it.
IMO, if you're not happy w/the product, don't buy it. I personally love busting 08 Donruss Sports Legends, so buying a case of that for a nice price and getting entered in the sweepstakes is just a bonus.

Anyone want to go dutch on the winnings?..$50 gift card for everyone and group break the other winnings FTW! J/K

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindig_747 View Post
If you check the Arericana sports legends cheklists, there is some nice autos possible, even cuts. Alo some nice jersey, just a mixture of all sports thought and the famous jockey autos! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
IMO, if you're not happy w/the product, don't buy it. I personally love busting 08 Donruss Sports Legends, so buying a case of that for a nice price and getting entered in the sweepstakes is just a bonus.

Anyone want to go dutch on the winnings?..$50 gift card for everyone and group break the other winnings FTW! J/K
Thanks, this seems like the way to go as far as getting your money's worth. I just started collecting again so I had no idea of what this product had. Looks like at least 1 auto per box which is much better than the other promo's. I think I'll grab one of these promo's next week.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsd121 View Post
Thanks, this seems like the way to go as far as getting your money's worth. I just started collecting again so I had no idea of what this product had. Looks like at least 1 auto per box which is much better than the other promo's. I think I'll grab one of these promo's next week.
I bought a case of this product before...pulled Autos of Kevin McHale, Buster Posey, Kaline, Jennie Finch, and Dan Fouts. Jersey cards of Bo Jackson, Joe Montana, Willie Mays, and Pete Rose. Mix that in with some really oddball stuff (Jockeys, Fisherman, Bowlers, etc.) and it makes for a fun and interesting break!

Old 01-28-2011, 06:59 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post

100% agree with Chaddie on this. I bought in one year with retail and regretted it. I was lucky this year that BO had products available for the SB Promos that I collect (2008 football, and 2008 EEE baseball)
Old 01-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiskaaron View Post
100% agree with Chaddie on this. I bought in one year with retail and regretted it. I was lucky this year that BO had products available for the SB Promos that I collect (2008 football, and 2008 EEE baseball)
Purchasing a slot in promo #3 is like buying an expensive lottery ticket or a regular super bowl square. Your taking a gamble at the prize. One slot equals a 1 in 100 chance of winning 5000 dollars. Better odds than any lottery I know of. Had you won one of the prizes I'm sure you wouldn't have regretted your retail purchase. I'm sure there will be 96 people that regret their purchase in promo #3 and 4 people that are thankfull they did make a purchase. I purchased quite a few slots in promo 2 and 1 slot in promo 4. I'd like to see some numbers soon to see if I have a decent shot or not and this will determine how many slot I buy in this promo. I'm curious how long is the 5000 gift card good for? Is it a use it once thing or can you spend it over a year or two as products come out that you want. Like I said before I just started collecting again and the last few weeks I've done really well with my hobby boxes and I'm getting addicted to buying them. Luckily I only collect Football and Baseball cause I'd be broke if I was buying Hockey and Basketball as well. It's cool that Blowout cards does these promotions, definately an incentive to buy from them. After the super bowl I will probably take a small break from buying cards to replenish my funds and to concentrate on my other expensive hobby, my 98 Mustang Cobra.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick9819 View Post
anyone want to split a case of 10 UD Ser1 Baseball Blaster or 2008 UD Football Retail 10 Box Lot with me?
no takers : ((
nick9819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick9819 View Post
no takers : ((
I bought a 20 blaster case of the 2010 UD baseball for $120 with their Christmas special...even for $6 a blaster, it was brutal. I had multiples (as many as 4) of most of the hits and there were 0 hits which I would consider "listed stars". I was left with 20 scrub 1-color jersey cards...a handful of golds /99, a few Posey RCs and a 1600 ct. box full of base cards and low-end inserts. Maybe there's a better product in the list?

Old 01-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #50 (permalink)

I was the one who posted the break of the 2008 SP Football. First off, it is NOT SP Authentic, something I didnt realize, since it is advertised as such. It is just SP - there are no GU jersey cards in it. The autographs were terrible - doubles of a couple of no names. The only thing that might be worth anything is a Greg Jennings autograph card that lists him as a RB on the front and a WR on the back.

My Nice Pulls: http://sports.webshots.com/album/575746325OErVXi
ahwahoo2006 is offline   Reply With Quote