Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 10:55 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsd121 View Post
Purchasing a slot in promo #3 is like buying an expensive lottery ticket or a regular super bowl square. Your taking a gamble at the prize. One slot equals a 1 in 100 chance of winning 5000 dollars. Better odds than any lottery I know of. Had you won one of the prizes I'm sure you wouldn't have regretted your retail purchase. I'm sure there will be 96 people that regret their purchase in promo #3 and 4 people that are thankfull they did make a purchase. I purchased quite a few slots in promo 2 and 1 slot in promo 4. I'd like to see some numbers soon to see if I have a decent shot or not and this will determine how many slot I buy in this promo. I'm curious how long is the 5000 gift card good for? Is it a use it once thing or can you spend it over a year or two as products come out that you want. Like I said before I just started collecting again and the last few weeks I've done really well with my hobby boxes and I'm getting addicted to buying them. Luckily I only collect Football and Baseball cause I'd be broke if I was buying Hockey and Basketball as well. It's cool that Blowout cards does these promotions, definately an incentive to buy from them. After the super bowl I will probably take a small break from buying cards to replenish my funds and to concentrate on my other expensive hobby, my 98 Mustang Cobra.
You're right, thats the way you have to think of #3.....as a lottery......buying a square (even though technically you're buying the product). I'm playing it safe this year and only buying hobby products I like and even then its a crap shoot (a gamble any time you buy a box of cards). Good luck with your slots......I have 2 squares in #1, 3 squares in #2, and 3 squares in #4 (not to mention my SB Promo hobby boxes.....(10) 2008 SPx FB and (18) 2008 EEE Baseball).
Old 01-29-2011, 09:03 PM   #52 (permalink)

If anyone is interested in any 08 Donruss Legends, let me know. Probably have 15 hand collated sets and tons of extra inserts. Good luck on the pool. Joe
fedexjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:45 PM   #53 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mcsd121

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards View Post
We have yet to have a promotion that has not sold out by the deadline. We'll cross that bridge if if get to it but I'm sure we will be able to get enough interest as the date comes near.

The bridge is rapidly approaching and it looks like 60+ slots need to be filled. I'm not trying to be a jerk or a smart ass but I'm really hesitant on buying one of these promo's if it's not going to fill. Perhabs if you explain exactly what will happen if there are remaining slots I'd feel more comfortable buying one. My fear is to buy something I don't want and the promo gets cancelled. Will the remaining slots be split up amongst the people that bought one? Will the remaining slots remain empty and if the winning numbers fall in that slot no one wins? I believe an explenation may persuade others and myself to buy a slot. I bet a few people are waiting to see if it fills in a little more before they buy a slot and this may help.
mcsd121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:16 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsd121 View Post
The bridge is rapidly approaching and it looks like 60+ slots need to be filled. I'm not trying to be a jerk or a smart ass but I'm really hesitant on buying one of these promo's if it's not going to fill. Perhabs if you explain exactly what will happen if there are remaining slots I'd feel more comfortable buying one. My fear is to buy something I don't want and the promo gets cancelled. Will the remaining slots be split up amongst the people that bought one? Will the remaining slots remain empty and if the winning numbers fall in that slot no one wins? I believe an explenation may persuade others and myself to buy a slot. I bet a few people are waiting to see if it fills in a little more before they buy a slot and this may help.
Agreed.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:18 PM   #55 (permalink)

Im also in the same boat, Im considering one of these slots but since most of the stuff is retail and not very sought after, I don't want to take the plunge and not have the promotion go through.

Supercollecting Cedric Griffin (06 Rookie Cornerback - Vikings) 71/153 !!
vikingfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:47 PM   #56 (permalink)

Okay, so we are 37 slots in. As mentioned before, I split a slot earlier. Let's say we can sell 13 more slots to get to the halfway mark. Double the slots out to everyone and change the prizes to account for BO only making half of what they were expecting.

Final prize; $3000 cert (yes, i know that is more than 50%)
2nd prize: 1 box Exquisite + 1 box Topps Jumbo
1st quarter: 6 box Topps hobby half case
3rd quarter: 3 box Topps jumbo

What do you think? Think we can fill the 13 off that? I took a beating on the retail packs but would be okay if they change it to this.
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:38 AM   #57 (permalink)

You also have to wait to see what fills in from over the weekend sales of the promo. Plus you still have 5 days left to fill it. I belive thats why there wasn't a 5th one opened. So #3 could be filled. Still on the fence Myself though. Wonder what the 2010 UD series 1 blaster are like. Anyone bust that.

It would be helpfull if those that have opened any of this product. Tell us whats more prone to more hits. I really don't go retail. Strickly hobby.
FINS4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:52 AM   #58 (permalink)

In past years they said they would random all remaining slots free to slot holders already in that promotion...not sure how they would handle it this year. But like Chris said he has never had one not fill up before.

Is there any way we can get the 20 box price of 370.99 if we buy 2 lots of the 08 UD Football Retail? In this promo it would cost $439.98 a 68.99 difference between the regular price and this promo! But it is late so I may be missing something. Thanks

Last edited by Bum Dawg; 01-31-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Bum Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:10 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiskaaron View Post
You're right, thats the way you have to think of #3.....as a lottery......buying a square (even though technically you're buying the product). I'm playing it safe this year and only buying hobby products I like and even then its a crap shoot (a gamble any time you buy a box of cards). Good luck with your slots......I have 2 squares in #1, 3 squares in #2, and 3 squares in #4 (not to mention my SB Promo hobby boxes.....(10) 2008 SPx FB and (18) 2008 EEE Baseball).

Well.........despite what I said earlier.........I might actually go for a spot if I knew they were going to do something for us if it doesn't fill. At least try and meet us half-way so to speak, and not leave us totally hanging.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:17 AM   #60 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I would say anything ordered after Friday nootime has not been updated.

I know I have 2 more in. I'm sure if it hits 50 they may double the slots and lessen the prizes.
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:59 AM   #61 (permalink)

Looks like it's up to 44 now. As hesitant as I am, I think I'm going to buy one today so if it does get cut off at 50 I'm in. Might just buy the cheapest one and not even open it. Maybe sell it 10 years for now for a small loss lol
Old 01-31-2011, 01:38 PM   #62 (permalink)

I think once we hit the >50% mark, the remaining slots will fill up a lot quicker than the initial half. I agree with what some of the previous posts have said...this is no different than buying a SB square, the products received are just bonuses.

Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #63 (permalink)
mdh

I'd be tempted to split a Rated Rookie case if someone is interested. After seeing the print runs, it might be a fun shot!

PM me if you are interested!
mdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:37 PM   #64 (permalink)

It's over 1/2 full now. It will be interesting to see how this ends up.

Lots of [???], [Missing] and #N/A at ROCK BOTTOM PRICES!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:38 PM   #65 (permalink)

I just bought in. As mdh said, Rated Rookie looks interesting. Tons of SP and the cards don't look half bad.
pakman916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:02 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakman916 View Post
I just bought in. As mdh said, Rated Rookie looks interesting. Tons of SP and the cards don't look half bad.
Same here.....I'm in. Maybe more entries will snowball in the next couple of days....
Old 01-31-2011, 08:06 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Same here.....I'm in. Maybe more entries will snowball in the next couple of days....
I got in too...heck you get 20 autos, they may all be scrubs but you get something...unlike most of the other retail.
Bum Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #68 (permalink)

They don't cut the prizes down if they don't fill they random off the rest between the people in the break

I'm buying a Rated rookies as we speak lol

Hopefully I can sell the 20 sets at around $5 each to get $100 back and hope for a SP pull lol the autos could be nice trade bait too and have a chance at the big winnings
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:44 PM   #69 (permalink)

Just got a rated rookies promo as well. I guess it's the lesser of two evils and I'm guarenteed 20 rookie auto's. I may split with another member.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:25 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
They don't cut the prizes down if they don't fill they random off the rest between the people in the break

I'm buying a Rated rookies as we speak lol

Hopefully I can sell the 20 sets at around $5 each to get $100 back and hope for a SP pull lol the autos could be nice trade bait too and have a chance at the big winnings

Is that what blowout said or just what you think they will do? That would be cool if they did random the rest of the slots.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #71 (permalink)

i think it'll fill...everyone now is just going to buy and get in...since there is more urgency
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:21 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Is that what blowout said or just what you think they will do? That would be cool if they did random the rest of the slots.
It's what they have done for the past few years so I would think they would do it again

Like Dacubs is saying I don't think it's going to matter with the SP list now out for Rated Rookies this is the way to go for this promo without a doubt and will prob fill within a few days
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
It's what they have done for the past few years so I would think they would do it again

Like Dacubs is saying I don't think it's going to matter with the SP list now out for Rated Rookies this is the way to go for this promo without a doubt and will prob fill within a few days
I almost went with the RR sets but decided to go with the cheapest buy in (2010 UD Baseball blasters). I actually bought 3 slots with that product. I figure I can try to sell the blasters on ebay or I can send the 60 jersey cards in to Blowouts GU-Trade In Program for store credit (but most likely I just gambled away $600).
Old 02-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
I almost went with the RR sets but decided to go with the cheapest buy in (2010 UD Baseball blasters). I actually bought 3 slots with that product. I figure I can try to sell the blasters on ebay or I can send the 60 jersey cards in to Blowouts GU-Trade In Program for store credit (but most likely I just gambled away $600).
yeah, but those 60 gu cards will only get ya $90-$105 (depends if its $1.50 per or $1.75 per) in trade...ouch 16% return

Rated rookie looks like the way to go if you're going to open them and sell...maybe get back about 40%

or sportslegnds and sell them unopened
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #75 (permalink)

I think they stopped buying FB though, so check before you buy anything if wanting to trade in