Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Yep it was trully unreal for him to shoot that way when the US Open is suppose to be the one event we make sure they know how to play golf....I wouldnt have called it a bad event because he was on point the whole tourny...heck no one is talking about Day who didnt shoot worse then Par oon any hole throughout the tourny...thats just nuts!!!
Yeah, he was on the whole time and he still won by 8 strokes so that was impressive.

I just can't get over the 20 people finishing under par. There's only been 18 people under par for the US Open for the previous 10 years so that's what tells you how easy the course was. The biggest thing was the greens. They were so soft that the golfers were putting the ball where ever they wanted and getting backspin at will. Usually the Open has greens like concrete that are so fast that if you miss a two foot tap-in putt, it can roll 15-20 feet past the hole. You can't stop the rain from falling but usually, they will try and dry out the greens if it rains. This week, they did nothing.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:16 AM   #127 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcbraun View Post
Yeah, he was on the whole time and he still won by 8 strokes so that was impressive.

I just can't get over the 20 people finishing under par. There's only been 18 people under par for the US Open for the previous 10 years so that's what tells you how easy the course was. The biggest thing was the greens. They were so soft that the golfers were putting the ball where ever they wanted and getting backspin at will. Usually the Open has greens like concrete that are so fast that if you miss a two foot tap-in putt, it can roll 15-20 feet past the hole. You can't stop the rain from falling but usually, they will try and dry out the greens if it rains. This week, they did nothing.
They did try to get a higher stimp on the greens. They were rolling at night, they just couldn't get them up there.

Never the less, the kid was outstanding.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:18 PM   #128 (permalink)

I guess nobody won this time.
Never Forget 9/11, Be Diligent and Safe!
Vintage Collector is offline   Reply With Quote