Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to deboesports

see, im not sure what i would do with 200 retail pack....but i sure do know what i ould do with 3 grand worth of stuff! lol
Old 01-18-2009, 12:48 AM   #27 (permalink)

Has anyone else actually verified whether or not it's true about these packs? I already posted a GB on youtube with it being $7 for the first random team and $6 for each additional random team.

200 packs is still 200 packs and the chances of getting some hits is obviously going to be there. Plus the chance at getting a $3000 shopping spree is almost too tempting by itself!
nydted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:17 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradolson View Post
The prizes would have to stay the same. People bought entries based on the prizes listed. For them to change the prizes afterwards would not be received well...
Well, yeah it'd be bad pr wise and they're already taking a huge risk running a gambling promotion, lol.

I'm interested in this one but am kind of worried how concentrated retail stuff will be...I figure incredibly high after looking at all the retail, especially 06, they listed on the case site. All in all it looks to be a good deal for all involved.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:22 AM   #29 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Even being retail this might not be a bad deal. Figure 75-125 inserts/rcs/#ed cards. Send them all in to CMC and average $1 across the board and your already $75-125 back. Add in any random auto/gu'ed you might get and you could get close to your original investment. Hit something decent and you may profit. Oh yea, and you could win the 3k top prize...

But I still have to ask myself...do I want to do this first...or go with a box of 08 Sterling, sell the box and then get this...descisions descisions...
Old 01-18-2009, 02:17 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradolson View Post
And if they lessen the prizes after people pay, those who placed orders before the change would not get what they were promised (the unopened product and an entry into the pool with the prizes posted at the time of the order) and it would leave them open to credit card and PayPal disputes.
Well, everyone has to just trust that they have have well thought out contigencies. Obviously, you'll always have somebody that is unhappy if things don't go as planned no matter how well Blowout may handle situations that arise. Plus, the last thing they're going to want is to have to deal with a bunch of Paypal and cc disputes since this isn't exactly legal.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #31 (permalink)

how is it not legal? It isnt gambling, notice that it said it was a free entry and a random drawing. Also, people would have no reason to dispute this if for whatever reason they changed it because it says on the promotion that they reserve the right to cancel or alter promotion at any time.
crr9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crr9381 View Post
how is it not legal? It isnt gambling, notice that it said it was a free entry and a random drawing. Also, people would have no reason to dispute this if for whatever reason they changed it because it says on the promotion that they reserve the right to cancel or alter promotion at any time.
Not only that but you are technically not purchasing a spot in a lottery. Your purchasing a product from them. It just so happens that in addition to the product you also get a free entry with your purchase. It's not gambling.

Still waiting to hear if someone else has verified with Blowout as to whether or not the packs they are selling are mainly retail.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #33 (permalink)

Well, it's not truly a "free entry" and not really a contest. They would've had to have some way to "enter" with out having to make a purchase.

I was considering the other two pools but wasn't overly crazy about the products, but this 200 pack one could be a lot of fun. I wonder if theyll add any more during the week.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

What I've been told is that this a mix of hobby and retail with the majority being retail.

I sent Pat and Chris both a PM so hopefully they'll take a look at this thread and post to help those of you wanting a direct answer.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:35 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
What I've been told is that this a mix of hobby and retail with the majority being retail.

I sent Pat and Chris both a PM so hopefully they'll take a look at this thread and post to help those of you wanting a direct answer.

Actually I trust you enough to go based off what you've posted. So that being said, I pulled my youtube break for this cause it's not really fair to everyone. If I had 200 bucks to spare I would do it and then hold a huge contest of there for the use of the prize(s). But I got some high end GBs to pay for first.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:30 PM   #36 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Well...I just pulled the trigger. Decided on the last box of 08 Topps Sterling. Hopefully I get a good enough box that will pay for/almost pay for itself. Depending on how this goes, I will be in on the promo.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to deboesports

so is there anymore info about this? like is it a mix of hobby and retail with the main being retail?
Old 01-19-2009, 10:47 AM   #38 (permalink)
Administrator

The prizes will NOT change, even if the slots are not all filled. If not all the slots are filled, the rest of the slots will be randomly filled with people who already have slots.

Packs will be mostly retail.
admin_blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #39 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to GardnerMotors

this is the contest I think I will jump into cuz I really dont care for the Leaf enough to buy 5 boxes... My question is for anyone that buys retail packs. I can say I have not bought any retail in many many years and I was wondering what is the average cost for retail packs? Also it looks like ya pay a buck a pack here so I would think that would be under the cost to buy them in the store. Am I right.? Thanks for the input..
Old 01-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #40 (permalink)

Retail ranges in price. Good example being say 2006 UD FB. SRP on the retail packs are 1.99. I would expect this to be about the standard for retail packs. I think score and a few others are .99, so go as high as 4.99 or more. Knowing blowout, I figure the packs will be worth 225-250 depending on the lot. I ordered mine on Friday, and if I'm not mistaken it hasnt shipped yet. Hopefully this is a good thing, but I guess we'll see.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #41 (permalink)

Default Sweet Idea For Football Collectors!!!

This was a great idea blowout cards!!! Glad im in on them!!!
Clayton/Nikki Beyers
Clayton/Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #42 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to GardnerMotors

was gonna wait till the weekend and get some discount boxes but this might fill before that so jumped in on this one today... Opening 200 packs COST 200.00 Opening 3000.00 worth of boxes after winning PRICELESS........
Old 01-20-2009, 11:16 AM   #43 (permalink)

I was hoping I'd get my first batch, then if I really liked it was going to pick up a 2nd slot....but Gardner...I've got plans to win th 3K....in all seriousness any of the prizes would be awesome
Old 01-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #44 (permalink)

I'm thinking HUMMMMM Just have visions of 1990s packs but I don't think so. The prizes are great.
papajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #45 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BigA

I couldnt resist. Anyone get there packs yet?
Old 01-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #46 (permalink)

Just got my notice mine shipped and I ordered last week...so hopefully they were busy dusting off the dust on those 04 SPA packs
Old 01-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #47 (permalink)

Just got my notice as well. Should arrive tomorrow. 8 plus lbs of goodness coming my way
maculay75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #48 (permalink)

No fair...you'll find out what you get before me!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:00 PM   #49 (permalink)

Mine are supposed to be here tomorrow...Looking forward to the game now. Any of the prizes would be great, but it is funny thinking about what I may actually get if I were to win. I am thinking Sterling, Cup, and some Bowman....

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:07 AM   #50 (permalink)

I'm in. GL to all.
FINS4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote