Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 09:49 PM   #451 (permalink)

Wow tons of picks with people having less then 100 posts

There should be a prerequisite of number of posts to participate IMHO but if one of those picks wins BO will realize it when they give the shipping address and they can double check the member list.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:54 PM   #452 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Wow tons of picks with people having less then 100 posts

There should be a prerequisite of number of posts to participate IMHO but if one of those picks wins BO will realize it when they give the shipping address and they can double check the member list.
You think Blowout would go in depth enough to check IP addresses and match them up with mailing addresses, if that is possible, to make sure someone is not just using a friends address or something? I don't know, it would just suck to have a fake account win.

"Always with them negative waves"- Oddball
"Uh-uh, I don't tip"- Mr. Pink
Old 10-30-2011, 09:57 PM   #453 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlaxmn View Post
You think Blowout would go in depth enough to check IP addresses and match them up with mailing addresses, if that is possible, to make sure someone is not just using a friends address or something? I don't know, it would just suck to have a fake account win.
I'm pretty sure if someone with less then 10 posts wins they will do some digging lol
Old 10-30-2011, 11:31 PM   #454 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
I'm pretty sure if someone with less then 10 posts wins they will do some digging lol
I hope so. Ugh. I didn't even think about this and now it's making me angry.

To those that are doing this, get a life.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:46 PM   #455 (permalink)

I have a big family, maybe they all want to join BO Forums
Old 10-31-2011, 12:25 AM   #456 (permalink)

I order occasionally from blowout cards, and participate in the promos without posting in the forums. I just got back into collecting and see this as a great way to kickstart my football collection (which currently consists of one "hit", a mike kafka auto.) I think putting a post limit on the promos would up the spam in the other forums as well as hurt new people like me.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:13 AM   #457 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to frankferry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSLV9 View Post
I order occasionally from blowout cards, and participate in the promos without posting in the forums. I just got back into collecting and see this as a great way to kickstart my football collection (which currently consists of one "hit", a mike kafka auto.) I think putting a post limit on the promos would up the spam in the other forums as well as hurt new people like me.
I'm sure there are plenty of people like you but I also believe that there are many people making multiple accounts. I'm pretty sure blowout will figure it out if someone won it with a duplicate account. Its not that difficult even if they use multiple IP's / different computers. There are so many ways to trace it.
#1 footprint / cookies
#2 ip address
#3 mac address
#4 the "ONLY 1 ENTRY PER HOUSEHOLD" is good as well

Regardless if people are making duplicate accounts are not, this is just a really tough contest and may go all the way to week 16 for someone to guess it. I mean its not too hard to pick 2 out of the 3 but to pick 3 out of the 3 makes it really difficult because there is always that "1" guy who comes outta nowhere or someone with a bad matchup that noone would expect to put up those kinda yards.

We should all just thank blowout for giving us opportunities like this!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:23 AM   #458 (permalink)

Soooo Close!!!! Bummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcarey23 View Post
Pick the Player who will have the Most RUSHING Yards in Week 8 LeSean McCoy
Pick the Player who will have the Most PASSING Yards in Week 8 Ben Roethlisberger
Pick the Player with the Most RECEIVING Yards in Week 8 Steve Smith (Carolina)
Old 10-31-2011, 01:49 AM   #459 (permalink)

just to let you guys know i have a very few posts but would not cheat to get cards either. i just don't post a lot
Old 10-31-2011, 05:41 AM   #460 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Big Ben
Lesean McCoy
Hakeem Nicks
Closest one I've seen
Old 10-31-2011, 09:38 AM   #461 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

I can't believe people are starting this sh!t again, this happened last year in this promo.

People are whiny babies because they might not win a FREE promotion to someone who only posts a few times. Get over yourself. The same thing went down last year as the prizes started to add up and then someone who hadn't posted 45 times a day won.

Blowout does this out of the kindness of their heart and should just be appreciated for their efforts and not have people tear down the other users.

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
Old 10-31-2011, 10:20 AM   #462 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to jfoto757

I don't have that many posts, and I'm mostly a lurker, but I like particpating in this, should that disqualify me? My brother, who is also my roomate, wants to participate as well..after lurking on the site, he's even wanting to start buying some hobby boxes. (I think thats probably what blowout wants)..so if he has less than a few posts, and wins, should he be disqualified? Heck, my girlfriend is even interested.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:42 AM   #463 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
I can't believe people are starting this sh!t again, this happened last year in this promo.

People are whiny babies because they might not win a FREE promotion to someone who only posts a few times. Get over yourself. The same thing went down last year as the prizes started to add up and then someone who hadn't posted 45 times a day won.

Blowout does this out of the kindness of their heart and should just be appreciated for their efforts and not have people tear down the other users.
I think their point is that if the person who wins, wins on a seperate account, i.e. posting more than one entry, that should disqualify them because it goes against the rules. The low post count is somewhat of a tip off but at the same time doesn't exclude anyone. If you had a seperate account, posted two entries, won on either, I'd be pissed. It is free and we are grateful, but if you're going to take advantage of the system then you should probably be shunned from the community, stripped of all your assessts, and kicked in the junk for all the world to see. (slight exageration but I think you know that and get the point.)

www.photobucket.com/bullcitysportscards
Old 10-31-2011, 10:48 AM   #464 (permalink)

I am a BO customer but I only post in these contests. My son and I buy several boxes a year but not a great quantity. My son used to post his breaks on here but then invariably someone would slam him because his breaks weren't great or he misspelled something, or he called a card by the wrong name. Anyways, he just gave up because there are just some hateful people on here, so no apologies from me for not posting hundreds of times (or whatever number you think should be the prerequisite for entering the free contest). He and I have fun doing this and the Fantasy Football contest whether we win or lose. Thanks BO.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:41 PM   #465 (permalink)

Default Low Post Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcamp1972 View Post
I am a BO customer but I only post in these contests. My son and I buy several boxes a year but not a great quantity. My son used to post his breaks on here but then invariably someone would slam him because his breaks weren't great or he misspelled something, or he called a card by the wrong name. Anyways, he just gave up because there are just some hateful people on here, so no apologies from me for not posting hundreds of times (or whatever number you think should be the prerequisite for entering the free contest). He and I have fun doing this and the Fantasy Football contest whether we win or lose. Thanks BO.
I too am a low post count and have only purchased twice from blowout. Please don't blast me either if I win

I prefer to buy singles and do most of my buying/selling on checkoutmycards.com. I came across this promotion while looking for feedback on the forums on the recent COMC/Amazon connection.

Good Luck All!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:42 PM   #466 (permalink)

Can anyone win it this week?
Old 10-31-2011, 01:49 PM   #467 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
Can anyone win it this week?
no^^^^^^^^^^^^6
Old 10-31-2011, 03:19 PM   #468 (permalink)

Clearly all the heroes that think people are whining about someone else winning read completely through what is being said. We don't care who wins, too be honest, I really could care less if I win at all, I'd be more happy just guessing right than winning boxes. The fact is it is apparent that their are accounts that could very well be another user wanting to enter twice, and that's what people don't want. All you hear on the news and read in the papers is so and so scammed this and so and so scammed that, people just want to enjoy a fun contest in the hobby they enjoy without people trying to cheat/scam their way into free boxes. That's all, no more no less.

"Always with them negative waves"- Oddball
"Uh-uh, I don't tip"- Mr. Pink
Old 10-31-2011, 04:31 PM   #469 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to frankferry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post

Agreed 100% - Well said Seth
Old 10-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #470 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlaxmn View Post
Clearly all the heroes that think people are whining about someone else winning read completely through what is being said. We don't care who wins, too be honest, I really could care less if I win at all, I'd be more happy just guessing right than winning boxes. The fact is it is apparent that their are accounts that could very well be another user wanting to enter twice, and that's what people don't want. All you hear on the news and read in the papers is so and so scammed this and so and so scammed that, people just want to enjoy a fun contest in the hobby they enjoy without people trying to cheat/scam their way into free boxes. That's all, no more no less.
Exactly. Whoever keeps posting with low post counts a story about why they shouldn't get disqualified is missing the point completely.

If someone makes MULTIPLE accounts, they shouldn't be allowed to win. That's what some of the others are saying.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:52 PM   #471 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb_sa View Post
Exactly. Whoever keeps posting with low post counts a story about why they shouldn't get disqualified is missing the point completely.

If someone makes MULTIPLE accounts, they shouldn't be allowed to win. That's what some of the others are saying.
Right, there is nothing wrong with a low post count. The thing is that a few people who register a second account for multiple entries in contests, those second accounts might have low post counts. It doesn't mean low post counts automatically mean someone is an alt.

No one is complaining about low post count members winning anything. They are complaining about members who create second accounts solely for the purpose of entering contests (or for any purpose, I suppose, since it's against the rules).

Old 10-31-2011, 04:58 PM   #472 (permalink)

Maybe a rule that if more than 50% of the posts are from the contests that the account can't win or something along those lines
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 10-31-2011, 07:25 PM   #473 (permalink)

I like to think that blowout cards does a good job making sure no ones creates duplicate accounts or multiple accounts. I mean I just started collecting cards again and my friend told me about this site. So I just recently joined.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:39 PM   #474 (permalink)
Banned

When did all of this complaining start? My very first post EVER on here was for a promotion last year and I ended up winning a box of Exquisite. Nobody said a damn thing. They were just curious to see what I pulled and seemed really happy for me
Old 10-31-2011, 08:25 PM   #475 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8lifter28 View Post
When did all of this complaining start? My very first post EVER on here was for a promotion last year and I ended up winning a box of Exquisite. Nobody said a damn thing. They were just curious to see what I pulled and seemed really happy for me
Sigh. Once again, that is not the point that some people are trying to make. It has nothing to do with your post count.
Closed Thread