Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #26 (permalink)

yea its fun, unless you have to work the day after thanksgiving.... and wont get to get any of the deals... I am west coast and i am going to get up at 230am.... to do it until 630am..... but sucks i cant participate all day....
Old 11-15-2011, 12:27 AM   #27 (permalink)

Let's get some sneak peaks! I'm ready.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:49 AM   #28 (permalink)

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but are you guys still going to do that GU/Auto trade in for boxes, or am I completely out-of-the-loop as to when and if you were still running that promotion?
Old 11-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #29 (permalink)

My first year trying this out...posted this since I'm confused on twitter:

" Metsmatician xBigNick
@blowoutcards Oh, and since deals will be posted throughout day, do we pay different shipping on every one?

@blowoutcards Also,everyone keeps mentioning to just refresh "the page"- will all deals be posted on the front page instead of each section?

@blowoutcards Where can I find out more about the black friday deals (and weekend deals)and sneak peaks?Will you be posting them on twitter?
"
Old 11-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkscards View Post
Let's get some sneak peaks! I'm ready.
What you said

I'm new to this promotion but sounds like more hassel to me then its worth for the regular folks crowd. If it truely is a flippers paradise with extremely cheap boxes on Ebay that sell in 1 second it sounds like everything is in extremely very limited quantities and without some script your not going to get crap there. Every year Bestbuy and other stores do Black Friday deals with limited quantities but they at least would carry a minimum of 10-15 of the very best items. Sounds like this is a 1 shot deal? Is that right?

What is blowouts Ebay name?

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
What you said

I'm new to this promotion but sounds like more hassel to me then its worth for the regular folks crowd. If it truely is a flippers paradise with extremely cheap boxes on Ebay that sell in 1 second it sounds like everything is in extremely very limited quantities and without some script your not going to get crap there. Every year Bestbuy and other stores do Black Friday deals with limited quantities but they at least would carry a minimum of 10-15 of the very best items. Sounds like this is a 1 shot deal? Is that right?

What is blowouts Ebay name?
Last year, they had 1-2 cases and what not an hr for reduced prices on ebay, however on the website itself it had larger amounts of boxes/cases at reduced prices. HOWEVER, a lot of the deals are for old products (ie last year was a lot of 06 contenders + legends etc). I got a box or 2 last year of some lower end stuff. If you're fast and have money to buy cases, you'll be happy. We'll see what changes they make this year
Old 11-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman7322 View Post
Last year, they had 1-2 cases and what not an hr for reduced prices on ebay, however on the website itself it had larger amounts of boxes/cases at reduced prices. HOWEVER, a lot of the deals are for old products (ie last year was a lot of 06 contenders + legends etc). I got a box or 2 last year of some lower end stuff. If you're fast and have money to buy cases, you'll be happy. We'll see what changes they make this year
Do you remember what Ebay handle they were using to conduct these sales? Appreciate the response

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
Old 11-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
Do you remember what Ebay handle they were using to conduct these sales? Appreciate the response
It rymes with "blowoutcards"
Old 11-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
My first year trying this out...posted this since I'm confused on twitter:

" Metsmatician xBigNick
@blowoutcards Oh, and since deals will be posted throughout day, do we pay different shipping on every one?

@blowoutcards Also,everyone keeps mentioning to just refresh "the page"- will all deals be posted on the front page instead of each section?

@blowoutcards Where can I find out more about the black friday deals (and weekend deals)and sneak peaks?Will you be posting them on twitter?
"
1. yes you pay seperate shipping on each order you place throughout the day.
2. no, "the page" is referring to twitter, most likely. BO posts links to each deal on twitter when they go live, and so u have to refresh their twitter page often to catch a new deal as it is posted.
3. this thread is supposed to be where they'll give sneak peaks, so stay tuned i guess

Bring me your Dan Haren, Maurice Jones-Drew, Bobby Shantz, & Oregon State Beavers!

Bucket: http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm134/RichSlyFox14/
Old 11-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #35 (permalink)

when will there be any sneak peaks?
Old 11-18-2011, 06:51 PM   #36 (permalink)

How do you see new listed items justed added by blowout on blackfriday, so you can see what they put on ebay.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:23 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsAllDay View Post
when will there be any sneak peaks?
I guess not yet....ugh I'm frustrated.

Still excited for friday though
Old 11-18-2011, 11:29 PM   #38 (permalink)

/agreed.....
Old 11-19-2011, 01:13 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolrobb View Post
2 years ago was awesome, last year, big let down. hope this is the bounce back year.
DITTO! Not saying last year was bad. The fact that blowout does this at all is awesome. I just recall 2 years ago was a 20/10 (on a scale of 1-10). Last year was more like a 7/10. I recall one example in particular... a 2007 absolute memorabilia football box I bought in 2009 BF for $75 was $90 in 2010 BF (I know some boxes increase in price after a year, but there were lots like this). The price is still better than the $100+ price tag you normally see but it was a "let down" of the 2009 craziness. I felt that last years BF prices could be found from blowout on a random weekly special instead of a twitter page link while refreshing every 5 seconds at 5AM.

The biggest problem was everything was harry potter/indiana jones/star wars/barney or some other non-sport product. I do remember the ebay deals were awesome.... but I think I only got one or two. If I show up this year I am afraid I will pick up cases of indiana jones cards just to spend money!!! The setup for picking up the deals is not impossible. The problem is people spend time looking to see if it is a good deal before pulling the trigger. Good luck to all this year. Hoping for the best.

See you there!

P.S. Thanks for putting this on again this year BO. You guys rock!
Old 11-19-2011, 12:55 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkscards View Post
I guess not yet....ugh I'm frustrated.

Still excited for friday though
yeah i would like to see what im getting up for.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #41 (permalink)

they will still have decent sales throughout the weekend. They always have great weekend sales.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #42 (permalink)

I wish the forums were on a different server as it turns into a nightmare for those of us who don't wish to play in their reindeer games.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #43 (permalink)

Any chance you could get some 2009 Just Minors USA mini helmet boxes in stock for Black Friday? $28 a piece makes a good throw-in to try to get above $150
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 11-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #44 (permalink)

About the other thread:

"Feel free to add any of the following SUPPLIES, BECKETTS, and PACKS to your cart to get over the shipping limit! (Due to the high volume of orders we expect to receive, we will be unable to offer combined shipping discounts/refunds for separate orders during our promotional weekend."
I want to do that but by time I click through all those things I'm afraid the items I pick will sell out, and I don't want to pre-cart them because they still might not put me over shipping limit so I'll be buying them for nothing.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #45 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
About the other thread:

"Feel free to add any of the following SUPPLIES, BECKETTS, and PACKS to your cart to get over the shipping limit! (Due to the high volume of orders we expect to receive, we will be unable to offer combined shipping discounts/refunds for separate orders during our promotional weekend."
I want to do that but by time I click through all those things I'm afraid the items I pick will sell out, and I don't want to pre-cart them because they still might not put me over shipping limit so I'll be buying them for nothing.
Put what you need in your cart beforehand.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Put what you need in your cart beforehand.
Yeah but what if with the items I'm still not put over limit. :P I guess it's much easier to take them out then rush and put them in.

Anyway, I've been looking around. Are the deals only posted on ebay? I thought I read they post some on blowoutcards.com.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #47 (permalink)

I wonder if they will be doing deals on 2011 Triple Threads Football and 2011 Crown royale football?
Old 11-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #48 (permalink)

Looking forward to checking this out.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:08 PM   #49 (permalink)

Time for some sneak peaks??
Old 11-21-2011, 10:11 PM   #50 (permalink)

I bet they completely for got about this thread
Closed Thread