Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 07:58 PM   #151 (permalink)

Over half an hour since last deal...does it have to sell out for them to post another?
Old 11-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #152 (permalink)

We would like to thank everyone who participated in our 2011 Black Friday sale along with all of the promotions and contests that were run throughout the day. We are aware that many experienced difficulty processing their orders on the site. We value each and every one of our customers. Frankly, we were overwhelmed by the sheer number of people on the site today. We do appreciate any and all feedback and will strive to improve on our efforts with every promotion we run.

The remainder of our Black Friday deals posted on our forums, in addition to some new specials, will be posted during our Cyber Weekend event. We sincerely hope you visit our site over the next few days and take advantage of some of the amazing opportunities we will be offering!

Stay tuned for our Email alert which will be coming soon...

We appreciate your business.

The entire Blowoutcards Team
Old 11-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #153 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Over half an hour since last deal...does it have to sell out for them to post another?
I think they are done.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:02 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkelly1 View Post
I think they are done.
I thought they were going to post 2011 topps chrome?
Old 11-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #155 (permalink)

Where do I sign up to get an email alert?
I want to wait to make my order till this weekend so I can throw it other deals but I'm afraid bowman draft will rise.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:04 PM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Where do I sign up to get an email alert?
I want to wait to make my order till this weekend so I can throw it other deals but I'm afraid bowman draft will rise.
draft probably wont rise until monday at the earliest. they usually keep the prices the same over the weekend. I may be wrong though!
Old 11-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale View Post
draft probably wont rise until monday at the earliest. they usually keep the prices the same over the weekend. I may be wrong though!
Lol. I guess I'll let it ride on that it won't and hope for the best.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:54 PM   #158 (permalink)

Very disappointing this year. Low volume of items. I'm never going through this chaos again.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:03 PM   #159 (permalink)
Banned

They are doing more for this weekend. "Cyber Weekend Sales" I am sure they will finish up with even bigger savings then. Its not exactly like they screwed anybody, they are saving us a ton of money. Thanks blowout and I think you have done a great job with this.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #160 (permalink)

I'm very happy with what I ended up with, and I really appreciate blowout doing this, I got boxes of stuff I like, not at a steal, but at prices that are typically lower than the regular weekend blowout deals. I watched most of the day, but never pulled the trigger until the weekend specials, I got quite a few of the Regular Black Friday Deals still. I never really tried hard for the "Super Black Friday Deals". I really wish they could shorten it up a bit, and find some godforsaken way to keep the website up. I will be back next year, but I will have to gamble and just wait for the Weekend specials at the end of the day. The slowness, and website outages just aren't worth it anymore. Isn't our time worth something? Thanks again blowout, you are my favorite, and I am a customer all year, not just this weekend. (Well that was Therapeutic) :-)
Old 11-25-2011, 11:57 PM   #161 (permalink)

Got up at 5 AM and tried for Contenders FB and TTT BB. Had them both in my cart and then when i proceeded to checkout, page timed out and by the time it came back up both were gone. I can't believe I wasted my time all day trying for these only to get the shaft. I am sure they were sitting back laughing at all the troubles. If not, it sure seemed like it. I will never do that again.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:30 AM   #162 (permalink)
Banned

What are some of the better weekend specials in yalls opinion ?
Old 11-26-2011, 12:44 AM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards2 View Post

We would like to thank everyone who participated in our 2011 Black Friday sale along with all of the promotions and contests that were run throughout the day. We are aware that many experienced difficulty processing their orders on the site. We value each and every one of our customers. Frankly, we were overwhelmed by the sheer number of people on the site today. We do appreciate any and all feedback and will strive to improve on our efforts with every promotion we run.

The remainder of our Black Friday deals posted on our forums, in addition to some new specials, will be posted during our Cyber Weekend event. We sincerely hope you visit our site over the next few days and take advantage of some of the amazing opportunities we will be offering!

Stay tuned for our Email alert which will be coming soon...

We appreciate your business.

The entire Blowoutcards Team
Ughh. I thought the weekend special starts like Saturday morning...given the wording and I thought they would give us a chance to those who stayed up all day yesterday to sleep.

So disappointed. I missed out on all the deals I wanted because the site kept crashing...and was going to buy draft this weekend with 2011 topps chrome on sale...and now that chrome is up it says draft is out of stock and that the price has risen. Ughhh. Man.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:44 AM   #164 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale View Post
Lol. You were
Old 11-26-2011, 01:35 AM   #165 (permalink)

Default My 2 cents...

I enjoyed the challenge and anticipation of BO's Black Friday event. It helps that I've been through it before. I can understand how some people got ticked off by slowness and outages if they were new to it. That's the one thing I think BO will always be working on to improve.

The interesting thing to me is that a certain amount of madness is part of any Black Friday event. I chose not to go hours early to the local Walmart, wait in line, and take a chance at a Playstation 3 for $199. If I did and lost out on one because someone cut down a closer isle than me or they ran out as I was next in line I think I'd understand that's part of the game.

I missed on a couple of the hotter single boxes but got lucky that they started with a case I wanted, the 2008 Razor Signatures. The mix of items from Webkidz to football was indicative of BO's stock.

It seems some people thought everything they wanted should have been put in a neat pile waiting for them to easily purchase in the first minutes of the event. That would have been boring, wonderful for them, but boring.

Hopefully no one broke something in their house when ticked off by an empty cart or sold out item. Hopefully my wife and everyone else's partners realized it's just one day of madness in our collectible lives. Hopefully I'll get some sleep finally after hanging out with unknown, unseen knuckleheads like myself trying to buy things others just can't understand why anyone would want them.

Best to All,
VinnyH
Old 11-26-2011, 02:00 AM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post
I enjoyed the challenge and anticipation of BO's Black Friday event. It helps that I've been through it before. I can understand how some people got ticked off by slowness and outages if they were new to it. That's the one thing I think BO will always be working on to improve.

The interesting thing to me is that a certain amount of madness is part of any Black Friday event. I chose not to go hours early to the local Walmart, wait in line, and take a chance at a Playstation 3 for $199. If I did and lost out on one because someone cut down a closer isle than me or they ran out as I was next in line I think I'd understand that's part of the game.

I missed on a couple of the hotter single boxes but got lucky that they started with a case I wanted, the 2008 Razor Signatures. The mix of items from Webkidz to football was indicative of BO's stock.

It seems some people thought everything they wanted should have been put in a neat pile waiting for them to easily purchase in the first minutes of the event. That would have been boring, wonderful for them, but boring.

Hopefully no one broke something in their house when ticked off by an empty cart or sold out item. Hopefully my wife and everyone else's partners realized it's just one day of madness in our collectible lives. Hopefully I'll get some sleep finally after hanging out with unknown, unseen knuckleheads like myself trying to buy things others just can't understand why anyone would want them.

Best to All,
VinnyH
They have more if you want:
2008 Razor Signature Series Baseball 10 Box Case - $299.90 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store
Old 11-26-2011, 04:18 AM   #167 (permalink)

Default A little short of cash...

Only got about $200 left in my fun account or I would get more at that price. I'll post a breakdown of the case after I get it on Wednesday. Should be interesting to see what percentage of decent cards come out of the 100 autos. I'll be happy to see 30 with some value and blowout the rest at a buck or two.
Best Always,
VinnyH
Old 11-26-2011, 04:40 AM   #168 (permalink)

Thanks for participating???? Site crash and unable to get what I wanted. The only way for BO to make it right is honor each member Atleast 1 or 2 items at the special price. I can tell you I won't waste time on any black Friday BS sale! It's like playing Russian freaking roulette.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #169 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Welcome to capitalism. Life ain't fair, is it?
Old 11-26-2011, 09:06 AM   #170 (permalink)

Next year I should bring pepper spray, maybe that should clear out the traffic and keep the server from shutting down. LOL
Old 11-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #171 (permalink)

Wow people who think that blowout owes them anything is crazy......... some people are ungrateful.

Opening a new hobby shop soon northwest of Pittsburgh, check us out at luckylarryssportscards.com and Lucky Larry's Sports Cards on facebook!
Old 11-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #172 (permalink)

First of all, we appreciate the opportunity to save some cash on some decent products.

I myself didn't buy anything on BO yesterday, but I did get up @ 5am to browse what sales were going on. After about two hours, and following on facebook, people were disappointed. I understand both sides, then again, the year before the same problems occurred. Would be nice if BO invested to avoid problems like crashing and what not since this has happened before. Oh well....

The big joke was these $1000 giftcards on ebay. Didn't make sense as they were bid up to almost full value right away. Very fishy, but no complaints here. Just wish things were better for everyone else.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #173 (permalink)

well i don't think the $1000 gift certs were meant to be given away cheap. they put them up to guarentee business of course, and since they were auctions there is always a chance to get it cheap or w/e.

overall, i thought it was great! not close to 2009 caliber, but the deals were still nice and i got a lot of great boxes for cheap! thanks so much! can't wait to bust them on tuesday, hopefully.

Bring me your Dan Haren, Maurice Jones-Drew, Bobby Shantz, & Oregon State Beavers!

Bucket: http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm134/RichSlyFox14/
Old 11-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #174 (permalink)

Default IMHO...

I think the $1,000 certificates were good for anyone who was planning on buying cases soon. Any slight discount may have been worth it. I didn't follow them but if they were 50 bucks cheaper you could save or splurge on quicker shipping.

Best to All,
VinnyH
Old 11-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #175 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyH View Post
I think the $1,000 certificates were good for anyone who was planning on buying cases soon. Any slight discount may have been worth it. I didn't follow them but if they were 50 bucks cheaper you could save or splurge on quicker shipping.

Best to All,
VinnyH
Plus, you would get a decent amount of ebay bucks, too.
Closed Thread