Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/blowout-cards-promotions-other-free-giveaways/)
-   -   POLL - Blowout Cards Best Pull Contest: March 2012 (CLOSED) (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/blowout-cards-promotions-other-free-giveaways/281289-poll-blowout-cards-best-pull-contest-march-2012-closed.html)

blowoutcards2 04-02-2012 09:28 AM

POLL - Blowout Cards Best Pull Contest: March 2012 (CLOSED)

[CENTER][SIZE=4][B]We're going to let you guys decide who the winner should be![/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4] [B]The March '12 "Pull of the Month" Winner will receive:[/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=Red] [SIZE=4]2011 Bowman Chrome Baseball HOBBY Box![/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[IMG]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu273/blowoutcards/NEW%20ASDF/2011bwchromeBB.jpg[/IMG]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER]

[SIZE=5] Please vote for who you think the winner of the Blowout Cards Best Pulls: March Contest should be! (Poll will be live for exactly 1 week from today)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][B][COLOR=Red]Here are your choices![/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][B]
1. Cam Newton Five Star Auto Inscription 1/25
2. Cam Newton 2011 Plates & Patches Auto 1/1 NFL Shield
3. Brock Lesnar Triple Threads White Whale 1/1
4. Yu Darvish 2012 Tribute Auto Redemption
5. Emmitt Smith UD Black Flag Patch Auto 3/10
6. Sandoval/Cepeda Dual Patch Auto 2/10
7. Starr/Rodgers Five Star Dual Auto 2/10
8. Reggie Jackson Tribute 1/1 Plate Auto
9. Obama/Bush Dual Cut Auto Leaf Oval Office 1/5
10. David Wright Tier One Jumbo Patch 08/10

[/B]
[URL="http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/blowout-cards-promotions-other-cool-stuff/265214-blowout-cards-best-pull-contest-march-2012-a.html"][B][SIZE=4]Visit the Best Pulls Contest Entry Page to see pics of all the March Best Pulls![/SIZE][/B][/URL]

[B][SIZE=5]We will Officially Announce the Winner on April 9, 2012!

[/SIZE][/B][B]Congratulations to Forum Member [/B][URL="http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/members/torncartilage.html"]torncartilage[/URL][B] Winner of the March 2012 Blowout Cards Best Pulls Contest!

Please email us at [EMAIL="Danny@blowoutcards.com"]Danny@blowoutcards.com[/EMAIL] to claim your FREE box of 2011 Bowman Chrome Baseball Hobby!

Here's a pic of the Pull of the Month!

Cam Newton 2011 Plates & Patches Auto 1/1 NFL Shield [/B]

[B] [IMG]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu273/blowoutcards/NEW%20ASDF/front.jpg[/IMG][/B]
[/CENTER]

Aagien 04-02-2012 05:37 PM

My rgiii isn't listed?

YakuzaShoeii 04-02-2012 06:34 PM

My Obama/Bush /5 was chosen over my John Bell Hood? The Hood signature is a [B]1/1[/B] and is over 130 years old! He is hands down one of the most famous Generals of the Civil War...lol he stopped doing autograph signings a few years back. I would think the Hood [I]cut-signature[/I] is quite rare. This is strange...but good luck to everyone!

hche 04-02-2012 07:50 PM

REALLY?????? Brock Lesnar or David Wright over Benjiamin Harrison or John Hood Cut auto?????????

Was the Sandoval/Cepeda dual auto pulled in shop? It was not on the other thread.

sonic77 04-03-2012 01:25 AM

Totally agree it makes no sense how the Hood wasn't listed and the Nimitz cut autos.

VWBUS1978 04-03-2012 12:31 PM

kinda sucks that neither of our Group Break cut auto's made it in... Obama/Bush /5 over B. Harrison 1/1 or even the LBJ/Humphreys dual 3/3.

oh well, cam newton shield 1/1 it is.

YakuzaShoeii 04-03-2012 12:37 PM

It appears that many people do not agree with the choices pulled. Probably even more that haven't spoken up. If this poll is really about the people and their best pulls, then why are the best pulls not chosen? Out of the 5 good cards I pulled (four - 1/1's) from my [B]$10k+[/B] order, the second worst card was chosen (a 2/5). There are many choices that make more sense than those that have made it to this list. Brock Lesnar, Yu Darvish, David Wright, Cam Newton /25 really? How is there anything that is of /2 or higher? With all due respect, the list on this poll is a joke!

houdini 04-03-2012 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=YakuzaShoeii;2473034]It appears that many people do not agree with the choices pulled. Probably even more that haven't spoken up. If this poll is really about the people and their best pulls, then why are the best pulls not chosen? Out of the 5 good cards I pulled (four - 1/1's) from my [B]$10k+[/B] order, the second worst card was chosen (a 2/5). There are many choices that make more sense than those that have made it to this list. Brock Lesnar, Yu Darvish, David Wright, Cam Newton /25 really? How is there anything that is of /2 or higher? With all due respect, the list on this poll is a joke![/QUOTE]

Look at me cry because I don't get what I want.

It's a free contest for an inexpensive box of cards and you people act like its something you earned or are entitled too.

Get over yourselves.

imnotded 04-03-2012 06:01 PM

[QUOTE=YakuzaShoeii;2473034]It appears that many people do not agree with the choices pulled. Probably even more that haven't spoken up. If this poll is really about the people and their best pulls, then why are the best pulls not chosen? Out of the 5 good cards I pulled (four - 1/1's) from my [B]$10k+[/B] order, the second worst card was chosen (a 2/5). There are many choices that make more sense than those that have made it to this list. Brock Lesnar, Yu Darvish, David Wright, Cam Newton /25 really? How is there anything that is of /2 or higher? With all due respect, the list on this poll is a joke![/QUOTE]

Just because a card is a 1/1 doesnt really mean its a better card. I was a little surprised to see the David Wright that I pulled in a group break make it, but the odds are like 1 in 10 cases for one of those jumbo patches. The fact that Tier One isnt a very strong product to begin with makes it even more rare because not many are buying Teir One.

Additionally, a 1/1 that is pulled from a product like Topps Series 1 is a much tougher pull than a product like TTT where there is like 1 per case.

YakuzaShoeii 04-03-2012 06:06 PM

[QUOTE=houdini;2473557]Look at me cry because I don't get what I want.

It's a free contest for an inexpensive box of cards and you people act like its something you earned or are entitled too.

Get over yourselves.[/QUOTE]

We are certainly entitled to have the BEST card we each pulled placed on this list. This list is NOT indicative of the great pulls people had this month (not just myself). I spent $10k+...do you really think I care about a $70-$150 box of cards I don't even collect?

It's about the one thing that it is always about...PRINCIPLE. If I was the only one who had an issue it may be a different story, however, others have spoken out as well. I will say it again, this contest is supposed to be for the best pull of the month, however, the best cards CLEARLY have not been represented. How is this not clear to EVERYONE?

marino5084 04-03-2012 06:07 PM

[QUOTE=houdini;2473557]Look at me cry because I don't get what I want.

Get over yourselves.[/QUOTE]

This coming from someone who went on an all out Twitter campaign to get his group break card chosen:rolleyes: Double standards I guess.

houdini 04-03-2012 06:13 PM

[QUOTE=marino5084;2474539]This coming from someone who went on an all out Twitter campaign to get his group break card chosen:rolleyes: Double standards I guess.[/QUOTE]

That's a lie. I am disappointed that you would lie.

It was a club communication that was also posted to twitter - they had every right to read it - I had every right to send it.

Shame on you. I guess it figures though.

Still, it has nothing to do with this pathetic display of entitlement. It is subjective. It is a poll. The only thing clear is that the Cam is winning.

Andrew Jones 04-03-2012 06:18 PM

[QUOTE=YakuzaShoeii;2474536]We are certainly entitled to have the BEST card we each pulled placed on this list.[/QUOTE]

Nobody forced you to post more than one card. If you had one particular card you thought was the best, you could have just posted that one card. By posting several cards, you left the decision regarding which one(s) of your pulls would be included in the contest in the hands of the company that is hosting the contest and giving away the free item.

Dacubs 04-03-2012 06:41 PM

[QUOTE=YakuzaShoeii;2474536]We are certainly entitled to have the BEST card we each pulled placed on this list. This list is NOT indicative of the great pulls people had this month (not just myself). [B]I spent $10k+...[/B]do you really think I care about a $70-$150 box of cards I don't even collect?

It's about the one thing that it is always about...PRINCIPLE. If I was the only one who had an issue it may be a different story, however, others have spoken out as well. I will say it again, this contest is supposed to be for the best pull of the month, however, the best cards CLEARLY have not been represented. How is this not clear to EVERYONE?[/QUOTE]

I love how he continues to say "I spent $10k+"... good for you...It's an honor to be in your presence...

People like you who ruin "FREE" contests that don't have to be run...guess what??? Its blowouts decision....sorry, maybe there should be a poll to see which cards should be in the poll for the best pull...guess what, the only persons opinion that matters as to which cards gets on the poll is the people or person at blowout...whine all you want...

YakuzaShoeii 04-03-2012 07:21 PM

[QUOTE=Dacubs;2474771]I love how he continues to say "I spent $10k+"... good for you...It's an honor to be in your presence...

People like you who ruin "FREE" contests that don't have to be run...guess what??? Its blowouts decision....sorry, maybe there should be a poll to see which cards should be in the poll for the best pull...guess what, the only persons opinion that matters as to which cards gets on the poll is the people or person at blowout...whine all you want...[/QUOTE]

Most of you are missing the point completely. It's not about winning at all. The [B][U]ONLY[/U][/B] points that myself and a few others are trying to make are that the best cards clearly aren't in the poll AND if you're going to have a "Pull of the month" contest, the best cards should be in the poll. Why is this so hard for everyone to grasp? I don't think I'm half as fired up as you people seem to be. Simply put, there were other cards besides my own that were way better than some that actually made the poll. Whether you voted for my card or not, there is no denying that the best cards did not make it to the poll. Maybe something can be done to prevent this in the future, that's all.

It's not about being entitled or wanting to win in the least. It's like having a race for the fastest car in the world that anyone can enter. However, only Hyundai's and Daewoo's are selected for the race. While the high-end cars idle on the side. It's not logical, end of story. However, it is what it is, so we can stop this ridiculous back and forth.

Dacubs 04-03-2012 07:42 PM

[QUOTE=YakuzaShoeii;2475016]Most of you are missing the point completely. It's not about winning at all. The [B][U]ONLY[/U][/B] points that myself and a few others are trying to make are that the best cards clearly aren't in the poll AND if you're going to have a "Pull of the month" contest, the best cards should be in the poll. Why is this so hard for everyone to grasp? I don't think I'm half as fired up as you people seem to be. Simply put, there were other cards besides my own that were way better than some that actually made the poll. Whether you voted for my card or not, there is no denying that the best cards did not make it to the poll.

It's not about being entitled or wanting to win in the least. It's like having a race for the fastest car in the world that anyone can enter. However, only Hyundai's and Daewoo's are selected for the race. While the high-end cars idle on the side. It's not logical, end of story. However, it is what it is, so we can stop this ridiculous back and forth.[/QUOTE]

EXactly, but what you fail to grasp is that maybe, just maybe in the OPINION of the people running the contest, these were what they considered the best...maybe they have their own criteria, not necessarily they most valuable or rare, but for instance, the hood cut auto would appeal to civil war collectors or history collectors, but a huge majority of people would not know who he was, so a obama/bush dual cut auto would be more attractive to them.

seems like a lot of the cards are based on name recognition and rarity so its their opinion

what you are arguing is that their opinion is wrong...and we all know everyone can have an opinion, right or wrong, but its theirs to have and since they run the contest, theirs is what counts

YakuzaShoeii 04-03-2012 07:51 PM

[QUOTE=Dacubs;2475124]EXactly, but what you fail to grasp is that maybe, just maybe in the OPINION of the people running the contest, these were what they considered the best...maybe they have their own criteria, not necessarily they most valuable or rare, but for instance, the hood cut auto would appeal to civil war collectors or history collectors, but a huge majority of people would not know who he was, so a obama/bush dual cut auto would be more attractive to them.

seems like a lot of the cards are based on name recognition and rarity so its their opinion

what you are arguing is that their opinion is wrong...and we all know everyone can have an opinion, right or wrong, but its theirs to have and since they run the contest, theirs is what counts[/QUOTE]

Of course I had considered that. You will see that my initial response was simply, "This is strange...but good luck to everyone!" When many agree that the best cards did not make it, however, it seems like both the contest post and subsequent poll are pointless, and at best, the "best pull" should just be chosen in-house and a winner awarded. Again, it is what it is...best of luck!

Ajax1723 04-03-2012 07:59 PM

On a better note, I finally got a card to make the list! It's in last, but still glad I made it! (Cepeda/Sanodval sick dual patch auto /10 btw)

monkeymcgee 04-03-2012 08:16 PM

You mean this poll doesn't actually choose the ultimate card of the universe pulled that month but is rather an arbitrary poll voted on by people who may not even know everyone in the list of candidates?

No way!

[IMG]http://www.kevinneeld.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Hockey-Training-Flabbergasted.bmp[/IMG]

Whoever wins, enjoy that free box of cards! This is supposed to be a fun promo, guys.

Butchhig 04-03-2012 08:40 PM

I see a congressional investigation taking place if the Harper Super comes out of that box....:D:D

thelastscorpio 04-04-2012 10:23 AM

Lots of good reading here...Now everyone vote for my Reggie Jackson 1/1.
I like opening bowman chrome and I've spent at least $100 + on it. I do care about a $80 box of cards.:D

balloonis 04-04-2012 09:10 PM

Everyone has different interest in different sports and players. I voted for the Newton shield because I am a big football fan. I also like the David Wright for the neatness of the card. I will never vote for a cut auto in this poll that was pulled from a cut auto brand. If a box is purchased for over $1000 and It promises to have a cut auto in it, I don't consider that to be an incredible pull. You get what you pay for. The more people bitch about this poll, maybe Blowout will get rid of it!!!

marino5084 04-07-2012 07:39 AM

[QUOTE=houdini;2474571]That's a lie. I am disappointed that you would lie.

It was a club communication that was also posted to twitter - they had every right to read it - I had every right to send it.

Shame on you. [B]I guess it figures though.[/B]

Still, it has nothing to do with this pathetic display of entitlement. It is subjective. It is a poll. The only thing clear is that the Cam is winning.[/QUOTE]

I'm not lying, maybe misinformed but not lying. I will have to check the thread in which I am referring to and verify the information. I seem to remember Wheeler pointing out that you did this and you stating in the thread that you did and were doing so for the sake of your club members. If that is the case, you did as I stated and it is not a lie.

I was put off by your post. It seems as some of your posts as of late are quite condemning and I wonder why you feel the need to make a post like you did. We all have the right to post here and if someone feels the need to lobby a little for their card that may or may not have been included in the poll they have that right. There is no need for you to insult them for doing so.

Please inform me as to what you mean by the statement I have in bold in your post. I feel you have taken a shot at me and I would like to know why.

RetailChamp 04-07-2012 09:06 PM

[QUOTE=YakuzaShoeii;2475016]Most of you are missing the point completely. It's not about winning at all. The [B][U]ONLY[/U][/B] points that myself and a few others are trying to make are that the best cards clearly aren't in the poll AND if you're going to have a "Pull of the month" contest, the best cards should be in the poll. Why is this so hard for everyone to grasp? I don't think I'm half as fired up as [B]you people[/B] seem to be. Simply put, there were other cards besides my own that were way better than some that actually made the poll. Whether you voted for my card or not, there is no denying that the best cards did not make it to the poll. Maybe something can be done to prevent this in the future, that's all.

It's not about being entitled or wanting to win in the least. It's like having a race for the fastest car in the world that anyone can enter. However, only Hyundai's and Daewoo's are selected for the race. While the high-end cars idle on the side. It's not logical, end of story. However, it is what it is, so we can stop this ridiculous back and forth.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean, "you people"?:eek::D