Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Jackson Robert Murphy

Favorite Teams: Daddy's Teams

Here is his nameplate (which is framed)

And here is the boy

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
Old 05-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #27 (permalink)

The oldest, my daughter Victoria, just turned 2 years, I let her hand me the top loaders and to play with the wrappers. The nicest thing she has done was to take a card I let on the table while I was looking for a top loader, it was a Drexler/Olajwuon Gold standard champions dual auto /20 almost gave me a heart attack though she wold bent it.
My son Joseph just turn 3 months, hope he likes the hobby when he grow.
I can't take them to LCS, here in Puerto Rico they disappeared back in the late 90's and Wally World stop selling cards in the early 00's.

It is nice to see how many of you enjoy the hobby with the family.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #28 (permalink)

Daughter Bella just turned 4 April 8th. She loves watching skateball (baseball) with Dada and is always rocking her pink Pence shirt.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #29 (permalink)

I have a 3 year old, Ethan, who is already a collector. He has a "baseball card" drawer in the living room and he gets random cards from me all the time. Unfortunately, he doesn't quite understand how to take care of them yet, but he has started using penny sleeves and toploaders!

Quick story: Last year during the Topps Diamond card giveaway, I was buying value boxes like crazy and my wife would help me open them. She would always let me know if she pulled a diamond giveaway code because that was the only card she knew that was good. Anyway, my son now takes old wrappers and puts his cards in them for me to open. We sit together as I read all the names and he always inserts a diamond giveaway code. When I get to the code he always says, "We got a diamond!"

Here he is at Easter, supporting the Tigers, and not quite focusing on the camera!

Thanks for the contest!!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #30 (permalink)

Eric age 12: Winning the Washington 13u Babe Ruth State Championship as a 12 year old. He was the youngest kid on the team and the winning pitcher in the state title game. He came in in the top of the 8th inning (they were supposed to play 7 but the game was tied 2-2. Eric pitched a lights out inning, his team rallied behind him to score 5 runs in the bottom of the 8th. Eric came in the top of the 9th, after everyone got into their positions, time was called, then his defense gathered around him on the mound and told him to win the game for them. Eric got two quick outs, then loaded the bases, walked in one run to make it 7-3 with the winning run coming to the plate Eric got him to line out to the SS to end the game.

Linus age 6: Got him into GeoCaching as a way to "find hidden treasure in the world", hes getting quite good at finding them before me. Maybe its because i'm 3 feet taller and hes closer to the ground then i am.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #31 (permalink)

Jameson (age 2) - Right now all my son can do with cards is stack them or lay them end to end. He also has a thing for bending and breaking toploaders if he can get his hands on them, but he doesn't do that with cards. I've starting buying him factory sets of Topps baseball for every year he's been alive, which hasn't been hard since he was born in 2010. We're going to our first Cardinals game (together) on October 1st, which excites me because I was never able to go to games with my dad.

Thanks for the promo!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #32 (permalink)

Alyssa (9 years old)....some of her best pulls while breaking into some random packs I got from a collection were a 2008 Matt Ryan auto and a 2009 manny Ramirez auto....I on the other hand didn't pull any....
Old 05-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #33 (permalink)

My son Liam 6yrs old. He loves the steelers and penguins.
Attached Thumbnails
Blowout Cards - Post your Kid Giveaway! (CLOSED)-130.jpg  
Old 05-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #34 (permalink)

Well I'll start with Jax (Jacob) age 7 until May 4th. What is funny is I keep reading how everyone is getting their kids into collecting but it is the opposite for us. Jax started loving football about two years ago and couldn't get enough. watched every game he could, watched highlights, read about all the players he could, and became a bigger fan than his father. He found cards at the local dollar store and couldn't get enough of them but about three months ago found out that there were auto and relic cards. So now he has gotten me into collecting with him. It has been great to find this hobby we can enjoy and grow together. In fact I have started a youtube channel just to chronical our journey with collecting. Jax andMe

Sarah age 11 would rather listen and look at Justin Bieber, the Hunger Games, or Twilight. I think I might tell her she could get cards of Justin... maybe not.

Thanks for running such a cool promo.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #35 (permalink)

My oldest Natalie is going to be 8 in a couple months but loves to look through my cards with me and find the players she knows. (Anything from Tampa sports, Stamkos, Longo, Freeman). She really enjoys sports cards and watching on tv with me because she has arthritis and can't withstand the walking that comes with going to a game without a wheel-chair but she can't stand them. Hopefully one day she will appreciate my cards as much as I have because my wife sure doesn't ...lol.
I like anything that I've never seen before, I can't really place my finger on it..... Wow me if I have something you want. Wil Myers, Mike Zunino, Mike "Giancarlo" Stanton, Stamkos, Longoria, Josh Freeman, Lecavalier, Martin St. Louis. And the regulars, Hofer's from any sport. Bucket.... http://s860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/aquzuqa/
Old 05-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #36 (permalink)

Madelyn 10 also another daughter Gabby

I could never get them interested in collecting cards, they love sports though. I even tried buying boxes of High School Musical cards to get the ball rolling with no luck. They both do an excellent job in sorting cards numerically when I'm building sets.

Hopefully in the future, many many many many years down the road they have boys of their own that I can pass on card collecting and continue to bring new generations into our hobby
Old 05-03-2012, 02:33 AM   #37 (permalink)

Cute kids.i dont have a kid though and i dont plan on having one any time soon.lol
Old 05-03-2012, 05:29 AM   #38 (permalink)

My Daughter Sarah is 10, and loves collecting Basketball cards, mostly of Shaq and Lamar Odem, she has recently been collecting all the Harry Potter series, especially the Costume cards!!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #39 (permalink)

Well mines got a twist of frustrastion,

I am/was a huge Indianapolis Colts fan, so my son was born 12/23/2006 and you can probably guess his name is Peyton. A month an a half prior to the Super Bowl XLI, as we know Peyton Manning won his first SB title... So he loves Peyton Manning now @ 5 every game last year he asked when Peyton was coming back...but just recently he has starting hoarding card I leave laying around and If im out buying boxes he has to grab a pack as well and If my 2 yr old is with us he has to get her a pack as well although he just uses that as an excuse as he takes hers as well when shes not looking

Old 05-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #40 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to OakRaderTrader Send a message via Skype™ to OakRaderTrader

Makayla is 11 she has seen me restart a hobby that I pretty much gave up since she was born, she knows it's something that makes me happy and will sit and watch me open and I explain to her who the players are or what cards we look for and why we collect. We spent this past year at Buffalo Wild Wings during football season watching games and playing trivia so thought it was really cool to take time and (some) interest in sports and the hobby so we could bond.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #41 (permalink)

First off, thank you. What a great promotion! The one thing I have always posted on places is that the kids are the future of the hobby. If we don't help them now, the hobby will fizzle. Great idea Blowout and I hope I can finally win something on here and most importantly have the victory be for my kids that I love.

I have four boys. Yep. 4. Ryder, Kadyn, Cyrus and Jaxyn. Ages 7, 5, 3, and 8 months. If they are anything like me, they will fall into the world of collecting at a young age. My 7 year old, or soon to be 7 year old his birthday is on June 16th (he would love nothing more than to see a box come with his name on it. He loves getting mail. Especially cards) is already joining the collecting world.

I started him off slowly. Giving him a few doubles here and there. Then buying him a pack here and there. The best idea I had to start him out in the collecting world was buying NFL Panini Adrenalyne and sticker books (NFL, Toy Story 3 and Cars 1+2) was before I started giving him other types of cards. By starting out with those kid friendly items it showed him how to sort, keep care of them, and showed him the fun of the hobby.

We then moved onto my doubles. And some packs here and there. Last year for his birthday he received his first jersey cards which he calls his "feeling ones" (because you can feel the jersey). He likes to open packs to not only find the "feeling ones", but to find shiny ones, rookie cards, and of course NY Giants. But he also has favorite players he looks for. #10 Giants (Eli), #11 redbirds (Larry Fitzgerald), #18 u's (Peyton Manning) and #12 G's (Aaron Rodgers) and #25 red ones (Jamaal Charles) He mainly collects NFL, but also digs into MLB and NBA too! His collection is very small. A few small binders. About 20 Giants cards. 5 jersey cards and one autograph. But its a start.

I have started my 3 and 5 year olds out this way as well. But instead of Adrenalyn I got them the Yo Gabba Gabba cards Press Pass made this year. That immediately caught their attention. And I showed them how to put them into 9 card page sleeves and into a binder.

My 8 month old obviously isn't ready yet, but i show him cards time to time and before he goes to be every night daddy gets the Beckett out and reads him a bedtime pricing story

Thanks again for the promotion and good luck to everyone! I have enjoyed reading the stories I have seen so far.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #42 (permalink)

My daughters Emma and Alexa 8 and 6 , just recently started collecting with daddy! They prefer baseball football and pokemon!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #43 (permalink)

Parker is 6 and really likes the "shiny" cards dad has.

Megan is 4 and asks for Braunie (Ryan Braun) everytime she sees a baseball highlight on sportscenter. She's the only one in the house that will hang with dad and watch the game.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #44 (permalink)

My son Treyton who is now 9 yrs old is a huge Football collector.

He was a huge Peyton Manning fan until last season, when he realized that Payton was injured and he never got to see him play. So, naturally he became a huge Eli and Giants fan. That worked out well for him! He collects anything Eli, Kicks butt as the Giants on Madden, and can't wait for 2012 Topps to come out in July.
I have thousands of singles listed on Sportlots.com
Old 05-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #45 (permalink)

Great contest.

My son is John. He is 8. We got into cards as a reward program. He has a good day, he gets a pack of cards to bust. He is very excited over any hit or rookie. Loves his minis from A&G and Gypsy Queen. He loves his Vikings and Twins. Adrian Peterson and Justin Morneau are his favorite. We met Justin last year after a game, he looked up at Justin and said, "I'm a big fan of yours." Justin was great and signed a ball and took pictures with my kid and wife and me.

He loves busting packs when we can afford to get them and enjoys organizing them.

Thanks for the contest!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #46 (permalink)

Tim:19 months

My son loves 3 things

1)Watching NFL network.Anytime i have it on,he comes running over and wants to watch.He is not so good with cards,he bites them and spreads them all over the floor.But,he does like to count them and hide them away in his toy car,that has a trunk.
2)He likes to play GTA4!!He doesnt know how to shoot guns or anything.He just moves around on the screen and goes da da da.
3)Sleep!And we wonder whats wrong with the youth of america?
Old 05-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #47 (permalink)

Clare is 11 months old. Since she has been born there is less money for the hobby however as I'm sure everyone would agree it is all worth it. I'm not sure if she will ever be interested in collecting but I can only hope.

Picture is of her with her first foul ball from one of daddy's games
Attached Thumbnails
Blowout Cards - Post your Kid Giveaway! (CLOSED)-foulball.jpg  

http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j462/pitch2021/
Old 05-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

MAN! I am 13... If I was 2 months younger... lol.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #49 (permalink)

thanks blowout. my daughter Jocelyn just turned 5 months last week. i'm looking forward to seeing what interests her in this hobby when she gets older.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #50 (permalink)

Thomas - 11 - loves collecting primarily baseball cards but will collect anything that has to do with any Michigan based team. Specifically the Tigers, Lions, Red Wings and Pistons. His all time favorite player is Miguel Cabrera.

Braedan - 7 - collects football cards with his favorite team being the Eagles.

Both of my sons and I collect and we love getting packages and opening them up and trading back and forth.
Closed Thread